Zia16 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

I want to lose 4 pounds on the Oatmeal Diet?

So I'm a 16 y/o female and I'm 5'0 and around 97 pounds. I eat 6 times a day; protein shakes, lean meats, vegetables, yogurts, fruits...whole wheat...etc... and I work out 20 minutes(intense) a day 7 days a week and work out with light weights and do lunges and abdominal exercises. I have tried the Oatmeal diet before and (I don't use a scale) it looked like I was losing half a pound a day. After the... 5 day diet I kept the weight off... so I want to do it again just so my lower abs are more visible. What I'm worried about is: I don't want to lose the muscles in my legs because I work on them every other day. Have any of you tried this diet? And is it bad because you only eat 3 times a day? Oatmeal+apple 3 times a day. I thought that after I'd go back to the diet I'm doing now... so I'd already have my results but maintain them w/ this 6 meals a day diet... that's a lot like the zone diet. What do you think?

P.S. Do you guys who work out allow yourself at least one sweet a day? Like for instance an oreo or 2?

XoXo
    Zia

Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000) Scooter4 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Zia16 View Post
    So I'm a 16 y/o female and I'm 5'0 and around 97 pounds. I eat 6 times a day; protein shakes, lean meats, vegetables, yogurts, fruits...whole wheat...etc... and I work out 20 minutes(intense) a day 7 days a week and work out with light weights and do lunges and abdominal exercises. I have tried the Oatmeal diet before and (I don't use a scale) it looked like I was losing half a pound a day. After the... 5 day diet I kept the weight off... so I want to do it again just so my lower abs are more visible. What I'm worried about is: I don't want to lose the muscles in my legs because I work on them every other day. Have any of you tried this diet? And is it bad because you only eat 3 times a day? Oatmeal+apple 3 times a day. I thought that after I'd go back to the diet I'm doing now... so I'd already have my results but maintain them w/ this 6 meals a day diet... that's a lot like the zone diet. What do you think?

P.S. Do you guys who work out allow yourself at least one sweet a day? Like for instance an oreo or 2?

XoXo
    Zia
    This diet sounds awful. Where is the protein, veggies, etc etc? Granted you are only 5 feet tall, 97lbs is still very tiny. I don't really see the point in you trying to lose 4 more pounds to be honest with you.

An oreo or two is nothing. Most people on this site with eat anything in moderation. You just need to know how you body works.
    My Workout Log (NEW): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136142601
    My Website (IMPROVED): www.ScootersFitnessBlog.com

Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Vietgoboi is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    So only abs are your goal?

Well, if you've time, give Emma new thread a read.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=121703981

I would hope you gain bulk instead of losing, so you can maybe someday get 6-pack at 130 lbs?

Originally Posted by Scooter4 View Post
    This diet sounds awful. Where is the protein, veggies, etc etc? Granted you are only 5 feet tall, 97lbs is still very tiny. I don't really see the point in you trying to lose 4 more pounds to be honest with you.

An oreo or two is nothing. Most people on this site with eat anything in moderation. You just need to know how you body works.
    Thanks for being honest lol. No protein or veggies, it's just a quick diet to lose a few pounds. Yeah I'm already pretty fit I just can't see my lower abs... I have like a pinch-full of fat down there that is just REALLY annoying. And I work out in that area a lot.

Thanks, I had no idea that you guys (bodybuilders) allowed yourselves to eat things like cookies. But now that you've oked one or two.. I'm gonna go have one lol

Originally Posted by Vietgoboi View Post
    So only abs are your goal?

Well, if you've time, give Emma new thread a read.

I would hope you gain bulk instead of losing, so you can maybe someday get 6-pack at 130 lbs?
    Yes, only abs lol.. well for now at least. I'm afraid of bulking up/getting muscular because I want to keep a feminine looking body. I'd probably look so different at 130 pounds lol. I will read that thread though, thanks!

dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dimasso69 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for being honest lol. No protein or veggies, it's just a quick diet to lose a few pounds. Yeah I'm already pretty fit I just can't see my lower abs... I have like a pinch-full of fat down there that is just REALLY annoying. And I work out in that area a lot.

Thanks, I had no idea that you guys (bodybuilders) allowed yourselves to eat things like cookies. But now that you've oked one or two.. I'm gonna go have one lol
    Yes and ice cream pizza chinese fooods! We are human! lol..your crazy diet isn't necessary..i mean i wouldn't reccomend doing it..i would reccomend a diet rich in fruit, veges, and some good ole protein sources, and fats also.
    Ex:
    Breakfast
    2eggs scrambled with cheese on toast and OJ
    Lunch
    5oz chicken sauteed in olive oil served over a salad with a multitude of veges and balsamic vinegar thrown on and a drizzle more of olive oil
    Dinner
    4oz steak? or burger if you prefer with some cooked potatoes
    Dessert
    1 scoop of ice cream or two cookies and a glass of milk

It's just an example..get a variety of food in you and you can make "healthy" food taste good, and you can eat some "junk"

also don't worry about getting bulky and a manly looking body..trust me it's not easy to do that..it doesn't happen by accident lol
    "Whether you think you can, or you think you can't, you're right!"-Henry Ford

Pro Natural Bodybuilder AustrianOakJr's Avatar
    AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000) AustrianOakJr is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Any diet like the "oatmeal diet" or the "grapefruit diet" is a waste of time. Its not the proper way to diet. There are no shortcuts or easy ways to getting those abs you want. Its hard work. You have to spend the time and do the research into learning how to diet and exercise properly. I didnt read the thread that was linked, but I know Emma writes some good stuff. Spend your time reading and researching....it will save you a lot of headache in the end.

P.S. THere is no such thing as spot reduction, so working out "in that area" wont give you abs. Abs are built in the kitchen!

P.S.S. Get a scale. You cant "see" a half pound loss on a daily basis. But, you may THINK youre seeing all kinds of things!
    "Who the Son sets free is free indeed....."

WNBF Pro Natural Bodybuilder

Check out my CELLUCOR Supplement log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=148746693&pagenumber=

3DMJ Athlete

dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Yes, only abs lol.. well for now at least. I'm afraid of bulking up/getting muscular because I want to keep a feminine looking body. I'd probably look so different at 130 pounds lol. I will read that thread though, thanks!
    In a nutshell, you will always look feminine and never get "too bulky" without supplementing with steroids, etc.

Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10) Yankee is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "I'm afraid of bulking up/getting muscular because I want to keep a feminine looking body. I'd probably look so different at 130 pounds lol."

Note that this is a bodybuilding site.....

You are wasting your time with this diet. Luckily, you can read the stickies here and you will find a wealth of advice. But if you are set on this oatmeal thing...I think you will only find support on sites other than this one.

One Day At A Time.. MadeUnderground's Avatar
    MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000) MadeUnderground is just really nice. (+1000)
    You're never going to get bulky, unless you start taking steroids.

Don't look at this as a diet, but rather a lifestyle change. Choose a way of eating that you can stick with for the long run.

Don't try any of those crazy fad diets. Just eat healthy and watch your calories, also pick up the heavy weights. Don't be scared.

Seriously, you'll get that "toned" look that females are often after, but have no idea the way to get it is to lift heavy, not through a billion reps with 1 pound dumbbells.
    "Life's not a bitch. Life is a beautiful woman. You only call her a bitch 'cause she won't let you get that pussy. Maybe she didn't feel y'all shared any similar interests, or maybe you're just an ******* who couldn't sweet talk the princess." - Aesop Rock, "Daylight".

"Enjoy your body, use it every way you can. Don't be afraid of it or what other people think of it. It's the greatest instrument you will ever own." - Baz Luhrmann.

Originally Posted by dimasso69 View Post
    Yes and ice cream pizza chinese fooods! We are human! lol..your crazy diet isn't necessary..i mean i wouldn't reccomend doing it..i would reccomend a diet rich in fruit, veges, and some good ole protein sources, and fats also.
    Ex:
    Breakfast
    2eggs scrambled with cheese on toast and OJ
    Lunch
    5oz chicken sauteed in olive oil served over a salad with a multitude of veges and balsamic vinegar thrown on and a drizzle more of olive oil
    Dinner
    4oz steak? or burger if you prefer with some cooked potatoes
    Dessert
    1 scoop of ice cream or two cookies and a glass of milk

It's just an example..get a variety of food in you and you can make "healthy" food taste good, and you can eat some "junk"

also don't worry about getting bulky and a manly looking body..trust me it's not easy to do that..it doesn't happen by accident lol
    I see what you mean lol. Thanks!!

Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Azgoodazitgetz has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    At 97 pounds eat a whole box of Oreos plus there is not much protein in that so called oatmeal diet, all carbs