kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 day carb depleting

i am doing a 3 day carb deplete starting today 22/9 and am wanting to know other peoples experiences. be honest. what were the positives/negatives and would you do it again.

thanks in advance

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I used to do it years ago, but not anymore. You'll probably feel tired, lose some strength in the gym and maybe have trouble trying to focus. Everyone is different.

kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kim4fitness has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so your experiences have not been positive. im nearly finished my first day and i must admit i hope it is worth it. i feel sluggish and have no energy.

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What's the point of doing it supposed to be?

BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10) BatsyWatsy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Amanda76 View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...

WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000) WannaGetLean is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BatsyWatsy View Post
    I was wondering the same thing...
    x3?? Not exactly sure why you are depleting for 3 days. Do you mean you aer going to carb cylce maybe?? 3 days 0 carbs? and then have carbs on the 4th day?

I'm

Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Amanda76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by WannaGetLean View Post
    x3?? Not exactly sure why you are depleting for 3 days. Do you mean you aer going to carb cylce maybe?? 3 days 0 carbs? and then have carbs on the 4th day?

I'm
    Ah...if it's a carb cycle, that'd make sense. Thought she was just gonna do it once. Maybe I should drink more coffee...LOL

bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500) bachovas is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by kim4fitness View Post
    i am doing a 3 day carb deplete starting today 22/9 and am wanting to know other peoples experiences. be honest. what were the positives/negatives and would you do it again.

thanks in advance
    Do you have a workout to go with it? You need a high volume high rep workout to burn every last bit of glycogen stored in your muscles. Otherwise you won't achieve real depletion? It will suck and the lowest point should involved tons of lactic acid and the famous "hitting the wall" or "boinking."
    "Bad habits are like a comfortable bed, easy to get into, but hard to get out of." - Anonimus -
    "My mind is like a General. And my body's like an Army." - Herschel Walker -
    What we do in life, echoes in eternity...

Recovery is key. Massages, epsom salts baths, foam rolling, sleep masks, contrast showers, it all adds up. Get a foam roller, The Stick, a tennis/baseball, use them and stay healthy, pain and injury free.

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)
    I just started a keto diet about 5 days ago, so I suppose I was doing a carb deplete the first 3 days. Day 2 was awful. I was starving all day and wanted some oatmeal badly. Today I feel great though. Hunger is gone, and energy is up. My workout wasn't terrible today either.

I'm also curious why you are doing it.

im just trying it out to see what happens with my my body. a few girls and i on another site have a ten week challenge and we all decided that we will try depleting at one stage. we are supporting a friend who is 6 weeks out from competition so we all thought we would see what it would be like. im doing toning exercises with light weights high reps. i'm consuming no more than 30g of carbs a day as we were told that it is NOT good to completely cut out carbs, and through pt course know it is not good to do that. but i was just wanting to know other peoples experiences, whether there was a positive or negative side affects. etc.

last night i felt terrible for a while but now this morining i am feeling heaps better. so i guess i will see what happens.

PeanutButterMotherF*cker TankGirl's Avatar
    TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I don't think 3 days will do anything significant to be honest.. you'll lose water weight, sure but then you'll put it right back on again when you start back with carbs. Experiments like that are better suited to longer time frames - to give your body time to change and adapt.
    what would grok do?..

Currently: 5x5 stronglifts / 2-3 x per week sprints/crossfit

Ah...you're just trying to empathize with your friend. In that case...LOL

I agree, 3 days is just enough to know how much it sucks. Won't really tell you how your body will perform over an extended period. It does get easier as your body adapts.

I've been on the Anabolic Diet for the last 3 months and did go through a 12 day induction period (12 days with less than 30g of carbs/day). I didn't get headaches but got really small and weak to the point that I started getting negative comments about my body for the first time--well, ever. LOL I started off aiming to eat 1,800 cals/day and it was extremely difficult because I was full. Dropping to 1,500 after the first 2 weeks made things more manageable. The first few weeks I had a really difficult time sleeping (woke up every couple of hours) but was able to function really well without sleep. Every few days I'd start looking really bad (pale, dark circles under my eyes, etc) and I'd finally be able to crash. Had some SCARY workouts the first week (body would just "quit working" mid-rep). During that time, all my big lifts dropped by 20 lbs (which is a big percentage of my girl-sized lifts) and over the course of AD, they never came back up. I have had issues with endurance during sets and endurance during the workout. Those things improved over time but I haven't had a great workout I feel great about since I started AD.

I'm another person who did not lose a lot of water weight on AD. I gain 2 lbs of water during carb ups that take 2-3 days to come back off. I prefer how I look with carbs than without. I'd have to say that carbs from whole sources don't make me bloat.

If you go back to my first bodyblog entry, you can read all about my experience over the first few days...it is coming from the perspective of someone who had never low-carbed before so I do think I included every silly detail. LOL I actually need to do a final update on the AD portion of my blog. After about 3 months, the diet came to an abrupt end on Sunday as I became convinced that it was making me sick or keeping me from getting well.

I will likely give another form of very low-carb diet a try in the future (just because I like to experiment and don't think that one failed experience means you should totally write anything off yet), but at this point I'm not a fan of them and wouldn't recommend them to other people based on my experience. I do not think I will ever try a total keto diet.

Carb depletion for something very temporary and totally appearance related like getting on stage is obviously a different animal, though. I'd really like to learn more about timing for something like that.

TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50) TankGirl will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Amanda - sorry to hear how you were negatively affected by the AD.

I'm doing the Scivation cut diet: Lean Mass at the moment, which involves a healthy carb up every 3rd night and I LOVELOVELOVE it so far! (tonights a carb night.. so I get to have my fave sweet potato and peanut butter combo! YUM!)
    what would grok do?..

Originally Posted by TankGirl View Post
    Amanda - sorry to hear how you were negatively affected by the AD.

I'm doing the Scivation cut diet: Lean Mass at the moment, which involves a healthy carb up every 3rd night and I LOVELOVELOVE it so far! (tonights a carb night.. so I get to have my fave sweet potato and peanut butter combo! YUM!)
    Well, it wasn't THAT negative. I was able to stick with it for quite a while.

I was thinking about playing with scivation's diet next year...I like all the food on it, at least.

Well, it wasn't THAT negative. I was able to stick with it for quite a while.

I was thinking about playing with scivation's diet next year...I like all the food on it, at least.

Yeah ya did, I'm impressed! hahaha.. not many people stick to their plans. Well done to you!

Yeah, thats the great thing.. chicken, green beans and almond butter, all mixed up with some splenda and soy sauce. HELLS TO THE YEAH!!! tastes so frickin' good.
    what would grok do?..

Yeah ya did, I'm impressed! hahaha.. not many people stick to their plans. Well done to you!
    Meh...I'm a food nazi who loves ALL kinds of food. It's easy for me to stick to meal plans and it's unusual for me not to be able to figure out a way to enjoy them.

Yeah, thats the great thing.. chicken, green beans and almond butter, all mixed up with some splenda and soy sauce. HELLS TO THE YEAH!!! tastes so frickin' good.
    Spice it up right and you have some thai-style stir fry tastin' stuff, there...Have you tried it without splenda? I think almond butter is super-sweet on it's own.

Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000) Tiffany_P is just really nice. (+1000)

I will likely give another form of very low-carb diet a try in the future (just because I like to experiment and don't think that one failed experience means you should totally write anything off yet), but at this point I'm not a fan of them and wouldn't recommend them to other people based on my experience. I do not think I will ever try a total keto diet.

Carb depletion for something very temporary and totally appearance related like getting on stage is obviously a different animal, though. I'd really like to learn more about timing for something like that.
    Is the AD a total keto diet? I don't know much about it. The thing about keto is that you have to be completely fat adapted in order to feel good on it, and most of your calories have to come from fat. A very low carb diet (but not so low that you're in ketosis) is much more likely to make you feel like crap, especially if there's too much protein. I did Atkins back in college, and I felt exhausted all the time. However, looking back, I'm pretty sure I was eating at least 50% of my calories from protein. This time around, I'm eating mostly fat, and so far I feel ok.

In any case, if you're interested in reading up about how to get ripped for a stage (or just a day at the beach...), this is a great article:
    http://www.t-nation.com/article/body...d_in_6_days&cr

Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post
    Is the AD a total keto diet? I don't know much about it. The thing about keto is that you have to be completely fat adapted in order to feel good on it, and most of your calories have to come from fat. A very low carb diet (but not so low that you're in ketosis) is much more likely to make you feel like crap, especially if there's too much protein. I did Atkins back in college, and I felt exhausted all the time. However, looking back, I'm pretty sure I was eating at least 50% of my calories from protein. This time around, I'm eating mostly fat, and so far I feel ok.

In any case, if you're interested in reading up about how to get ripped for a stage (or just a day at the beach...), this is a great article:
    It's a cyclical ketogenic diet...eating 55-60% fat 5 days and upping your carbs to 45+ % for 2 days (basically). Supposedly, 3-4 months in, you should be feeling great. I went from "meh" to really bad over the last couple of weeks (I've been on it since the end of June). I felt really good around week 9 but then things started slipping again...

Thanks for the article!

Originally Posted by Tiffany_P View Post

It's a cyclical ketogenic diet...eating 55-60% fat 5 days and upping your carbs to 45+ % for 2 days (basically). Supposedly, 3-4 months in, you should be feeling great. I went from "meh" to really bad over the last couple of weeks (I've been on it since the end of June). I felt really good around week 9 but then things started slipping again...

Thanks for the article!

WarriorWmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorWmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorWmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) WarriorWmn has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I did a ketogenic based diet for only two weeks before I feel off the wagon...first couple of days was very hard to get adjusted to your body to use fats instead of carbs for fuel...my work outs were suffering big time!!! I didn't like not feeling strong..but after day four I felt fine...I just fell off the diet because of my social life...I need to make some real sacrifices!!!

wow. love the topics that have been raised on this thread. thanks for the heads up on the advice, i actually fainted on my 2nd day, i was like what the? i had to stop doing it because i aint putting my body through that kind of s****, unless i have guidance from a trainer or nutritionist. i did lose a inche off my waist and hips and have kept it off. i have also only being slowly reintroducing carbs back into my diet, even though i only did it for a day and a half i still dont want too much bloating, etc.

brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50) brittafoster will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Let m know how things progress on your cut diet. I was going to try the one for women. Scivation has a couple different ways to do it. I was looking at doing the one for specified for women..

did anyone try the 8 week summer slim down? i 'm just coming into my summer and want to try it out.