Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100)

Thumbs down Rib cage literally sticks out the side of my waist

I have just recently noticed this that my rib cage is flared out and it sticks out of the side of my waist if you are looking at my body straight on. my lats come down in a V then my rib cage sticks out it sticks out its more on the left side of my waist the right side dosent even relly stick out at all. anyone know what my problem is and what i can do to fix my flared out left ribs. im a competitive bodybuilder and this problem may not seem majour but it relly anoys me. anyone know the reason for this and what i can to to fix it i have even throught about using a funnel corset.

Picture. http://users.sa.chariot.net.au/~post...FunnelRibs.gif

F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50) F W Nietszche will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Pic of your ACTUAL body? Big rib cage is a good thing for most intensive purposes.

iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100) iTestosterone is not very well liked. (-100)
    i dont have any pictures and cannot get as i dont own a camera except for on my fone but if you are looking at me straight on my rib cage sticks out of the side of my waist only relly on the left side though i will post a picture and circle the area where it sticks out.

whats the site to post upload a pic again so i cant post it as a image?

this is where my rib cage sticks out the side of my waist. what can i do would wearing a corset help?

GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) GuyJin has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Sounds like you were born with that slight imperfection. Short of surgery to break your ribs and realign everything, not much you could do about it. JMO...
    "Don't call me Miss Kitty. Just...don't."--Catnip. Check out the Catnip Trilogy on Amazon.com

"Chivalry isn't dead. It just wears a skirt."--Twisted, the YA gender bender deal of the century!

Check out my links to Mr. Taxi, Star Maps, and other fine YA Action/Romance novels at http://www.amazon.com/J.S.-Frankel/e/B004XUUTB8/ref=dp_byline_cont_ebooks_1

Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Get wider lats to compensate for the rib placement. This will help your Vtaper be more of a V w/out... rib handles??? haha

gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gecko2424 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by F W Nietszche View Post
    Pic of your ACTUAL body? Big rib cage is a good thing for most intensive purposes.
    intents and purposes....look it up
    oh and gecko that link did not contain answers only the search page - swiftness_02

The foods that trigger ketosis are high in carbs, not sugars - michaeldude

mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mugugaipan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    My left rib sticks out a little bit, I never noticed it till I started losing weight. But if you reach in you can actually fit fingers under my rib easily. The doctor said I probably broke it when I played football..... but I never felt it I guess.

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iTestosterone View Post
    I have just recently noticed this that my rib cage is flared out and it sticks out of the side of my waist if you are looking at my body straight on. my lats come down in a V then my rib cage sticks out it sticks out its more on the left side of my waist the right side dosent even relly stick out at all. anyone know what my problem is and what i can do to fix my flared out left ribs. im a competitive bodybuilder and this problem may not seem majour but it relly anoys me. anyone know the reason for this and what i can to to fix it i have even throught about using a funnel corset.

Unless 7 people have brought this up to you in the past week chances are you are the only one who will ever notice this about yourself :P

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    Unless 7 people have brought this up to you in the past week chances are you are the only one who will ever notice this about yourself :P
    OP, know that 6 people in a week is not enough to think that others notice it.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MyNameIsntEarl has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    mine to, my ribcage is unproportionally huge.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I have a huge ribcage myself. I cant keep my arms down at my sides and it looks like I have ILS. Learn to live with your body, you can't change bone structure.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.

Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    getting photo now... i have something similar

EDIT: NVM - cant get a good photo lol
    Last edited by Vise09; 03-04-2010 at 10:36 AM.
    2020 Comeback from hiatus. Time to get blench
    Running a Max-OT style routine to get the wheel turning

Originally Posted by Retardo-pex View Post
    but i notice it and it anoys me kind ov makes me self concous about my self when i take my shirt off even though someone else might not notice it still bothers me.

Originally Posted by Vise09 View Post
    getting photo now... i have something similar

EDIT: NVM - cant get a good photo lol
    upload photo please want to see if its similar to me i cant get any photos.

i have even thought about buying and wearing a corset at night when i sleep. good idea will this help this problem do you think?

i cant belive it bothers me that much.

Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vise09 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    upload photo please want to see if its similar to me i cant get any photos.

i have even thought about buying and wearing a corset at night when i sleep. good idea will this help this problem do you think?

i cant belive it bothers me that much.
    like previosuly mentioned... i doubt you can alter bone structure albeit surgery...
    and ill try get one later today

vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10) vegas_dude is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Frozn View Post
    Get wider lats to compensate for the rib placement. This will help your Vtaper be more of a V w/out... rib handles??? haha
    Agreed! Add mass to your lats, width at the top, length, and depth (mass). Everyone has weaknesses. With more mass, you can choose the majority of your poses to camoflage this weakness.

Offset with other strengths, for instance:

Have the best forearms in your weight class and in the show.

Have the best calfs and in your weight class and in the show.

Have the best quads and in your weight class and in the show.

Consistantly compete as the most shredded, defined and dense looking and in your weight class and in the show (be the guy the compititon worries about).

A camoflaging pose that could hide weaknesses and highlight certain strengths:

Past Mr. Olympia Samir Bannout: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_5YH9MpGHcu...00/bannout.jpg
    Last edited by vegas_dude; 03-04-2010 at 11:36 PM.

marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50) marleqy will become famous soon enough. (+50)

I have the same problem but I've actually had it looked into. First off, nobody is completely symmetrical, everyone to some degree has this problem. Second off, you may want to get an examination for scoliosis. I never had it until my freshman year in high school, dislocated two ribs, went to the hospital and some RN in training tried to fix it, well the dumb **** wedged muscle tissue between my vertebrate and ribs, thus causing my spine to curve in an attempt to try to fix the problem. Generally there is nothing that can be done about either. Doctors will only operate on scoliosis patients with severe curvatures (which trust me you don't want rods in your back anyways). Just have to learn to live with your imperfections, compensate with wider lats like most people here have already said, it will largely help to diminish the noticability of your ribs.
    AFAA Certified Personal Trainer

Bulking back up baby!

Strength Enthusiast Retardo-pex's Avatar
    Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000) Retardo-pex is a name known to all. (+5000)
    but i notice it and it anoys me kind ov makes me self concous about my self when i take my shirt off even though someone else might not notice it still bothers me.
    But it isn't something you could just diet to get rid of like having some stomach flab, other then overcompensate by getting your lats blown up you would probably need surgery for something like that.

Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000) Jack_Lupino is just really nice. (+1000)
    man people worry about some stupid s**t.

look on the bright side, your lung capacity is probably pretty good.

use all the extra oxygen you can take in to help build a bigger chest.

ribs won't look so big if they're overshadowed by ginormous pecs.
    "I'm Mr. Beast, the big bad Fenris wolf, I'm The-End-of-the-World-Man, wearing the flesh of fallen angels!" - Jack Lupino

"after the 3rd set he vomited, after the 4th set, he vomited really, really hard, I did not have him perform a 5th set" - Keith Wassung

couldnt take photos...
    so i took a short video.

let me know whats up.

Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50) Frozn will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Your build is very similiar to mine. But I don't take the rib displacement to be a bad thing..

It is almost as if my two upper abs are very large.. I almost always have an 8pack unless I am bulking to the extreme.. even when by body fat is up though I still maintain a 6pack.

I also notice that when lifting my arms above my head I have a small muscle that runs right on the underside of my pec almost by the nipple. But this isn't seen when my arms are down, and I kind of contribute it to my rib cage. Not sure if others have this similiar muscle, just have never seen it in body diagrams.

Anyways.. It really isn't a noticable problem unless pointed out. It is almost as if our ribs have a slight flare at the bottom. IMO I feel I have developed a very symmetrical body even with what your claiming is a 'flaw'

-Nice stomach vacuum aswell, very tight.

Originally Posted by Frozn View Post
    Your build is very similiar to mine. But I don't take the rib displacement to be a bad thing..

It is almost as if my two upper abs are very large.. I almost always have an 8pack unless I am bulking to the extreme.. even when by body fat is up though I still maintain a 6pack.

I also notice that when lifting my arms above my head I have a small muscle that runs right on the underside of my pec almost by the nipple. But this isn't seen when my arms are down, and I kind of contribute it to my rib cage. Not sure if others have this similiar muscle, just have never seen it in body diagrams.

Anyways.. It really isn't a noticable problem unless pointed out. It is almost as if our ribs have a slight flare at the bottom. IMO I feel I have developed a very symmetrical body even with what your claiming is a 'flaw'

-Nice stomach vacuum aswell, very tight.
    thanks - came kinda natural.. need to learn how to contract properly haha

and wow... never thought Id come across someone with the same ribs as me!

and yes... i have that muscle aswell.. goes hard when i tense my abs haha - awkward!

haushinka has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have the exact same rib thing goin as Vise but mine is worse than his with my ribs sticking out. Its something that kind of runs in my family for the most part. I've always had a huge rib cage but never bother me any. I can't lay on the ground with much comfort on my stomach though, I need a pillow or something soft to lay on because of my ribs.

Originally Posted by marleqy View Post
    I have the same problem but I've actually had it looked into. First off, nobody is completely symmetrical, everyone to some degree has this problem. Second off, you may want to get an examination for scoliosis. I never had it until my freshman year in high school, dislocated two ribs, went to the hospital and some RN in training tried to fix it, well the dumb **** wedged muscle tissue between my vertebrate and ribs, thus causing my spine to curve in an attempt to try to fix the problem. Generally there is nothing that can be done about either. Doctors will only operate on scoliosis patients with severe curvatures (which trust me you don't want rods in your back anyways). Just have to learn to live with your imperfections, compensate with wider lats like most people here have already said, it will largely help to diminish the noticability of your ribs.
    whats sclolisis? do you think wearing a corset would help help shrink the rib cage?

Originally Posted by Vise09 View Post
    couldnt take photos...
    so i took a short video.

let me know whats up.

thankz for uploading the video but thats different to what i am talking about im talking about literally sticking out the side of my waist when lookin at my body straight on i drew a black mark on a pic to show what i mean.

black mark is where the rib sticks out it sticks out the side of my waist

thankz for uploading the video but thats different to what i am talking about im talking about literally sticking out the side of my waist when lookin at my body straight on i drew a black mark on a pic to show what i mean.

black mark is where the rib sticks out it sticks out the side of my waist
    thats weird.. I have no idea.. but good luck on getting help!

jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10) jin715 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    wow i have the same issue. i never noticed it until a girl i was screwing pointed it out to me.

it doesnt bother me but the diagram that the op posted is really interesting. i wonder what the evolutionary significance of that is.

GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GruntFunk has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have it. I figured it was due to when the doctor pulled you out when born.

mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000) mobikwa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by GruntFunk View Post
    I have it. I figured it was due to when the doctor pulled you out when born.
    That makes no sense. Once a baby is to the point where a doctor CAN pull it by the ribcage the biggest part of the body (shoulders) have already passed and the baby just falls out.

Also, I have it and I was a C-section baby. My son has it but he was born vaginally.
    Look under your chair. YOU GET A REP, AND YOU GET A REP, REPS FOR EVERYONE! If I get a rep, you get a rep, every time. Give me a link to make my life a little easier.

If you don't give me a link and you didn't post in the thread you rep'd me in, I'm not gonna go searching for you. I'll get everyone on recharge.