Thread: Macros

Amy0105 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Macros

So I started counting my macros yesterday. Is there a limit to how much sugar you should intake. I'm trying to just hit my protein, carb and fat. Not worrying about where they come from, just hitting the numbers. Also does saturated fat just get added into your total amount of fat you can have for the day?! I hope I'm doing it right! Also Is water retention normal since I was on a low cal, high protein, low carb and fat diet before?! Thank you!

CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Amy0105 View Post
    So I started counting my macros yesterday. Is there a limit to how much sugar you should intake. I'm trying to just hit my protein, carb and fat. Not worrying about where they come from, just hitting the numbers. Also does saturated fat just get added into your total amount of fat you can have for the day?! I hope I'm doing it right! Also Is water retention normal since I was on a low cal, high protein, low carb and fat diet before?! Thank you!
    From my understanding, water retention typically stems from a high carb or high sodium diet, but if you drink plenty of water throughout the day it should flush things out nicely and reduce the "puffy" look. Saturated fat is a type of dietary fat and is not counted extra or twice when calculating fat intake for the day. The intake of sugar is up to you, but if it were me I would try to limit it within reason, don't make it a priority though: your macros should be on nailing those macros. I believe consuming a lot of sugar could bring you down one of the roads leading to type 2 diabetes.

Originally Posted by CrayJay View Post
    From my understanding, water retention typically stems from a high carb or high sodium diet, but if you drink plenty of water throughout the day it should flush things out nicely and reduce the "puffy" look. Saturated fat is a type of dietary fat and is not counted extra or twice when calculating fat intake for the day. The intake of sugar is up to you, but if it were me I would try to limit it within reason, don't make it a priority though: your macros should be on nailing those macros. I believe consuming a lot of sugar could bring you down one of the roads leading to type 2 diabetes.
    But having saturated fat and sugar in your diet doesn't affect body composition if your hitting your macros correct?

CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000) CrayJay is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Amy0105 View Post
    But having saturated fat and sugar in your diet doesn't affect body composition if your hitting your macros correct?
    Exactly, completely independent of body composition.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    sugar and saturated fat should be of no concern assuming you are a healthy individual without any disease
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total

Originally Posted by cumminslifter View Post
    sugar and saturated fat should be of no concern assuming you are a healthy individual without any disease
    Thanks! Good to hear!

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Chronic ingestion of >50 grams of fructose per day is associated with various health issues.

cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cumminslifter has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by WonderPug View Post
    Chronic ingestion of >50 grams of fructose per day is associated with various health issues.
    forgot to mention^
    BA in Nutrition Science
    online coaching
    1836 meet total