Page 187 of 280 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast
Results 5,581 to 5,610 of 8390
    Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by wendel34 View Post
    I finds that I get bored and want to drink to pass time. I dont go to bars I just drink at home with the TV on. I get so bad I can't enjoy TV because I cant pay attention. What do you guys do to avoid the urge. I know by getting back to the gym is the best thing for me. When i am at the gym it becomes an addiction and I can't get enough. The problem is I have 3 children and 2 jobs and I feel by beeing at the gym I am robbing my wife and kids of my time.
    Turn off the TV and hang out with your family.

Lots of good/fun things you can do other than drink. Exercise with the kids...local parks and run around, take them sledding when it's snowy, hike, fish, bike...

Find other friends that don't make drinking a big part of their life and do things with them.
    Journal- One of the Ogres
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=139651333

209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by krete77 View Post
    gonna rant here; i was in this thread about 4 months ago, and I had quit drinking for 2 months but since then fell right back into my old ways.

I'm in my senior year of college (29 years old, so not the typical student). I've been struggling this whole semester. My ex left me, but that's ok because it wasn't a healthy relationship anyways. However, we had a place/kid together so I had to move out my stuff, get a new place, and now I'm driving like 100 miles a day it seems between dropping the kid off/picking up at daycare, then having her only certain days of the week, etc. Not to mention I was really sick for a month. I'm stuck with this nasty cough. On top of it all, I've started playing poker more than I should be a week (like 3x) and I should be studying or working instead. In addition, I've picked up drinking (not getting drunk) but having a few drinks a night/few times a week, and I even smoke the herb on top of it. (daily). I know I'm a smart individual, and have accomplished many thing, but i have many more goals that I want to accomplish but I'm not doing anything right now to get there. So, starting today, I made a promise to myself to quit all the things I enjoy, do the things I don't want to do but that I know are necessary to get to where I want to be. I'm looking for some support groups, possibly AA or something of the like. I did more studying today than I have all semester it seems. I'm on the verge of failing my first class ever, and I've only got 9 classes to go for my bachelors.

Should I really go and seek out an AA meeting locally? I found a website that has all the local meetings in my town. I'm not scared to go or anything, but I'm just wondering if it's worth my time? I have more of a problem with temptation especially with weed then I do with addiction. I don't go and seek these things out, however whenever I go out or hang out with a few certain friends, I always fall back into old habits. They have been doing the same things all their lives, while I have been continually progressing through in my life. However I just feel stuck because I feel like these old friends/habits/situations are holding me back. I need to break free...and focus on doing these things that I really don't want to do but I know that I must in order to get to where I want to be.

My family is really of no support since I have been a problem child all throughout my life really, so they just tell me to stop doing what I'm doing and blah blah blah. I need support; not be told what to do. What should I do?

Thanks
    If drinkin and druggin is getting in the way of you becmoing the person you KNOW you can be, then I recommend seeing what life can be like without drugs and alcohol. Go to AA and sit and listen. You might meet some people who you can relate to. Just know that when you quit, you have to be ready to fill that part of your life and your heart with something good and healthy. Most of us here choose God or a power greater than ourselves to put our trust in.

Simply putting the drug/drink down will only make a man go crazy. We need more.
    Jesus/Gators/ManUtd/Investing

**Dad Crew**

---I drive with my sun visor down all year Crew---

XBL: SamRothstein712

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by 209vaughn View Post
    If drinkin and druggin is getting in the way of you becmoing the person you KNOW you can be, then I recommend seeing what life can be like without drugs and alcohol. Go to AA and sit and listen. You might meet some people who you can relate to. Just know that when you quit, you have to be ready to fill that part of your life and your heart with something good and healthy. Most of us here choose God or a power greater than ourselves to put our trust in.

Simply putting the drug/drink down will only make a man go crazy. We need more.
    Thanks.

Actually went to my first AA meeting this morning. While I was out playing cards last night, some guy just randomly told me that he goes to this place every morning at 7am and does all kinds of good things. I thought it was funny he told me randomly, so we got to talking, and I basically told him what I wrote in this forum. He said I should just go and check it out.

So I decided to go. It was a pretty easy decision. I was only a little nervous. Didn't feel out of place. I did tell myself that I need to go because if I was serious about getting sober, then I need to take action and do something that will show that I'm serious.

Anyways, I can't believe some of the stories I heard in there. God bless some of those guys man.
    www.grazethesky.com

Registered User GirLInterrupted's Avatar
    GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Not sure if anyone remembers me. Been struggling with alcohol for a long long time. I was VERY resistant to go to AA and no one could even mention it without offending me. Enough crap has gone on in my life and on Tuesday I'll have 4 months, via my fellowship with AA.

I hope to come back to posting here and getting my workouts back on track. I'm struggling with working tremendous hours, being in the middle of a bout with MS, and going to AA pretty much every night. I'm going to do my best to fit it in. I miss it. I figured coming back here was my first step. I've made some drunken posts here too (well bb, not this thread that I am aware) and that has kept me away due to shame. I have a lot of shame in so many areas of my life.

I stopped posting in this thread because I was afraid a client would recognize me if they made the fb/bb connection. I don't care anymore. I'm proud to be sober, it's a lot better than what I was. Sorry if this is quick and babbling, at work and trying to run out so I can actually hit the gym for the first time in forever. I miss this place very much.
    ~Beth

The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) krete77 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by GirLInterrupted View Post
    Not sure if anyone remembers me. Been struggling with alcohol for a long long time. I was VERY resistant to go to AA and no one could even mention it without offending me. Enough crap has gone on in my life and on Tuesday I'll have 4 months, via my fellowship with AA.

I hope to come back to posting here and getting my workouts back on track. I'm struggling with working tremendous hours, being in the middle of a bout with MS, and going to AA pretty much every night. I'm going to do my best to fit it in. I miss it. I figured coming back here was my first step. I've made some drunken posts here too (well bb, not this thread that I am aware) and that has kept me away due to shame. I have a lot of shame in so many areas of my life.

I stopped posting in this thread because I was afraid a client would recognize me if they made the fb/bb connection. I don't care anymore. I'm proud to be sober, it's a lot better than what I was. Sorry if this is quick and babbling, at work and trying to run out so I can actually hit the gym for the first time in forever. I miss this place very much.
    Good for you bro for 4 months. No need to feel shameful. I'm sure we've all said/done things we're not proud of. Noone's gonna judge you for that. And if they do, it's their problem. Not yours.
    www.grazethesky.com

209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000) 209vaughn is a name known to all. (+5000)

I've spent a lot of time drunk posting on BB... Anyway, welcome back. Glad to see you getting to meetings, they're such a great place to go unwind. I almost always leave a meeting feeling better than when I walked in.

Keep up the good work.

**Dad Crew**

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by wendel34 View Post
    I finds that I get bored and want to drink to pass time. I dont go to bars I just drink at home with the TV on. I get so bad I can't enjoy TV because I cant pay attention. What do you guys do to avoid the urge. I know by getting back to the gym is the best thing for me. When i am at the gym it becomes an addiction and I can't get enough. The problem is I have 3 children and 2 jobs and I feel by beeing at the gym I am robbing my wife and kids of my time.
    I don't get it, you don't have to time to do coping stratagies like working out because you work two jobs and have a family but you drink because you're bored and need to pass the time? Which is it?

If I was in your shoes I would try to get a job with less hours or a better schedule. You have to balance your time in the gym with your family and I'm sure they are willing to compromise if it means you stay sober and when your bored use some of that time with your kids (assuming your not drinking while with them). I have my own gym in my basement and workout at lunch which frees up family time.

Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Big_Sky_Guy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    KJ II- I'm glad you made it past that craving and saw it for what it was. It's an illusion. Alcoholism is cunning, baffling and powerful. In the midst of life getting better it tries to drag us back down.

krete- glad you made a meeting!

GI- good news! I wondered where you had been. Stress, not getting enough rest, and heat seem to be the main triggers that I have watched a few of my fellow AA'ers with MS deal with. They rarely seem to have bouts when they stay consistent with their AA program, working out an appropriate amount and staying well rested. Prayers from me to you.

timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) timew has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Glad I just found this section because one of my biggest hinderrers of consistantly working out is my love of drinking a 12 pack of beer out of boredom, any one else have this problem? I know I should have read through the complete post first...but 189 pages!

GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) GirLInterrupted is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks guys, it is a great relief to be back, and I'm glad to have this site for two great reasons!

Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    KJ II- I'm glad you made it past that craving and saw it for what it was. It's an illusion. Alcoholism is cunning, baffling and powerful. In the midst of life getting better it tries to drag us back down.

krete- glad you made a meeting!

GI- good news! I wondered where you had been. Stress, not getting enough rest, and heat seem to be the main triggers that I have watched a few of my fellow AA'ers with MS deal with. They rarely seem to have bouts when they stay consistent with their AA program, working out an appropriate amount and staying well rested. Prayers from me to you.
    Indeed! check, check, check! This little bout started about 2.5 months ago, so it should be gone very soon fingers crossed. Did the gym thing last night and went to my meeting smelly haha.... they don't care there. Always just so glad to see you!

Have a great day folks, again, so glad to be back!
    ~Beth

The ones who are crazy enough to think that they can change the world, are the ones who do.

latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) latebloomingmom has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Thanks guys, it is a great relief to be back, and I'm glad to have this site for two great reasons!

Indeed! check, check, check! This little bout started about 2.5 months ago, so it should be gone very soon fingers crossed. Did the gym thing last night and went to my meeting smelly haha.... they don't care there. Always just so glad to see you!

Have a great day folks, again, so glad to be back!
    it's nice to see your name on here again Beth I wouldnt worry too much about the drunken posts on here..many have done it. I wish you all the best in your journey. I truly do!

I have the utmost respect for anyone fighting this battle
    <<daughter of an alchoholic

sister to an alchoholic too

Originally Posted by latebloomingmom View Post
    it's nice to see your name on here again Beth I wouldnt worry too much about the drunken posts on here..many have done it. I wish you all the best in your journey. I truly do!

I have the utmost respect for anyone fighting this battle
    <<daughter of an alchoholic

sister to an alchoholic too
    Great to 'see' you! I have always truly appreciated your kindness and support. Thanks!!!
    ~Beth

Progress not Perfection cowboybiker's Avatar
    cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) cowboybiker has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Great to 'see' you! I have always truly appreciated your kindness and support. Thanks!!!
    Its good to see you back.

You have been missed.
    Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal; nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong mental attitude. – Thomas Jefferson

Be yourself; Everyone else is already taken. - Oscar Wilde

Originally Posted by cowboybiker View Post
    Its good to see you back.

You have been missed.
    Thanks so much CBB
    ~Beth

ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10) ColonelKlenk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    You got a whole lot of excuses and rationalizations in you. Read what you just posted as if someone else wrote it and it should be obvious (don't read it stoned). You ain't ready to change.
    almost forgot. I used to listen to black flag all the time and when I see Henry Rolllins on TV I start to remember some good times I had in high school. Where did you get that quote?

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi all,

Robert, <<<< Alcoholic

Picked that one year chip up tonight. Today is a good day.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MarkS51 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

An Instant Classic...

Hey Gang,

New to this thread but sober since 3/17/85. At my favorite men's meeting tonight it was newcomer's night and a kid with a year spoke. It's a large meeting and we get lots of young guys from local Halfway houses, rehabs, etc. Started off talking about how his head was filled with this Mayan nonsense until he got sober, went through the steps and came to know God. As he was telling his story he said this about his drinking days:

"...I told my friends I would sell drugs until 2012 and if the world didn't end...I'd go to school." The place fell apart.

Isn't that just like an alcoholic? Is that funny or what?

He was a nice kid and seems to have good handle on the program.
    It's 80% diet, 20% workout and 100% in the mind.

If you can read or carry on a conversation, you ain't working out.

To be different the only thing you have to do is stand fast when the herd moves.

Parking your s**t on a bench ain't the same thing as using it!

FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FATA55 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MarkS51 View Post
    Hey Gang,

New to this thread but sober since 3/17/85. At my favorite men's meeting tonight it was newcomer's night and a kid with a year spoke. It's a large meeting and we get lots of young guys from local Halfway houses, rehabs, etc. Started off talking about how his head was filled with this Mayan nonsense until he got sober, went through the steps and came to know God. As he was telling his story he said this about his drinking days:

"...I told my friends I would sell drugs until 2012 and if the world didn't end...I'd go to school." The place fell apart.

Isn't that just like an alcoholic? Is that funny or what?

He was a nice kid and seems to have good handle on the program.
    I have a former friend who is seriously ****ed in the head from drugs/drinking.. and for the last 3 years his excuse for doing NOTHING with his life is that the world is ending today/tomorrow.

He's 29 lives in his friends parents house rent-free, doesn't have a job, drivers license, high school education, nothing..
    I use to feel bad for him, but now I have zero sympathy, he likes to sit around and have a pity party for himself, and literally blames the world for everything. He could slip in the shower and think of a reason it's someone elses fault.
    I've told him to get professional help for years, he won't listen, then he claims nobody cares about him. Should be interesting to see what he does when he wakes up tomorrow to realize the world has not ended. I hope he will get his **** together, but I seriously doubt it.

Originally Posted by EjnarKolinkar View Post
    Hi all,

Robert, <<<< Alcoholic

That is a beautiful thing! Congrats Robert and Happy 1st AA Birthday
    ~Beth

Hi all,

Robert, <<<< Alcoholic

GREAT JOB!! 1 year is a huge milestone! Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas.

**Dad Crew**

Hi all,

Robert, <<<< Alcoholic

Congrats!

And welcome Mark!

Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Blacksmith80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Congrats to all of you sober guys. And you drunk brahs, never stop trying.
    >> I don't play against a particular team. I play against the idea of losing. ~ Éric Daniel Pierre Cantona <<

EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) EjnarKolinkar has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    That is a beautiful thing! Congrats Robert and Happy 1st AA Birthday
    Originally Posted by 209vaughn View Post
    GREAT JOB!! 1 year is a huge milestone! Keep up the good work and Merry Christmas.
    Originally Posted by Big_Sky_Guy View Post
    Congrats!

And welcome Mark!
    Originally Posted by Blacksmith80 View Post
    Congrats to all of you sober guys. And you drunk brahs, never stop trying.
    Thank you, just feeling a lot of gratitude at this time, feel fortunate. You have very sweet thread here, thanks for celebrating with me.
    The most important aspect of weight training; whether for the athlete, bodybuilder, or average person is to better ones health and ability without injury. - Bill Pearl

Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hi all! New to the forum and the first thread I look out for is the recovery one.
    I am fast approaching 2 years off the booze and ***s. Took up running to fill the gap and become hooked on ultras. Now want to build a bit of muscle. Is this possible when I regulary run 60 miles a week?

ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ckern1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I'm struggling right now. My friends that don't really know how bad I got started to try to convince me I didn't have a problem. After going through withdrawals, rehab, and aa there is no doubt in my mind that I'm a full blown alcoholic. An alcoholic is an alcoholic. I'm going back to school in a few weeks and these are the friends I will be dealing with. Maybe they are dumb and maybe alcoholic themselves but they are my true friends. How do you guys deal with your pride telling you to defend your decision to people? I just wanna hear some wisdom before I go to bed because I am seriously shaken up after this discussion

Stop Hating Start Lifting zakatak333's Avatar
    zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) zakatak333 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ckern1 View Post
    I'm struggling right now. My friends that don't really know how bad I got started to try to convince me I didn't have a problem. After going through withdrawals, rehab, and aa there is no doubt in my mind that I'm a full blown alcoholic. An alcoholic is an alcoholic. I'm going back to school in a few weeks and these are the friends I will be dealing with. Maybe they are dumb and maybe alcoholic themselves but they are my true friends. How do you guys deal with your pride telling you to defend your decision to people? I just wanna hear some wisdom before I go to bed because I am seriously shaken up after this discussion
    some things you can say:

1) i don't drink
    2) i'm allergic to alcohol
    3) i'm an alcoholic in recovery
    4) doctor says i shouldn't drink

EDIT:

Originally Posted by JRT6 View Post
    Time to make some new friends.
    ^^This.
    Last edited by zakatak333; 12-23-2012 at 06:37 AM.
    The muscles i value most are the ones directly surrounding the spine, the hips, the scapula, the femur and the tibia... in that order.

Basically the whole body minus chest and biceps... pretty much the opposite of what your local gym looks like on a typical Monday.

JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000) JRT6 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Time to make some new friends.

Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Spen1971 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Say you are allergic to alcohol. Makes your heart beat too quick. On meds. Or I just tell people I cannot control it so it is easy not to drink.

The only thing you need to say to so called friends who try to ruin your sobriety is goodby.

Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50) Quietmarc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ckern1 View Post
    Some of these dudes may not be your friends, it's surprising how many people think getting wasted every week is the same as true friendship.

One thing I did was made sure to talk with some of my friends one on one to let them know how serious I was. In a group, guys can get less serious and think everything's a joke, but in private you can work something out.

But seriously if you tell them you're serious about not drinking and they ignore you they either 1) don't listen to you or 2) don't care about you, so **** 'em.

Page 187 of 280 FirstFirst ... 87 137 177 185 186 187 188 189 197 237 ... LastLast