Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikos has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am deffinately one of those people who really dislike training their legs!! Even tho I know it is a MUST to gain proper size it so difficult to get my head in the right frame of mind. I try listening to heavy rock or something, Metallica etc - that seems to help for some reason lol

Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Paul_2_Oh is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Step 1: 1.5x normal carbs for the day
    Step 2: 15 minute stairmaster warmup
    Step 3: Put on Dubstep (or anything with strong bass/drum beats)
    Step 4: Obliterate legs with supersets, drop sets, partial reps at the end, etc.
    Step 5: HIIT on a stationary bike

Good luck walking normal for 5 days. Acquire big legs.
    U.S. Army Dietitian 2012-
    U.S. Marine Corps 2002-2010

Don't ask for an easier life, ask to be a stronger person.

PSN: Roz_Overloaded

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DarrenConroy View Post
    How often do you see those guys at the gym that are constantly training their chest and arms. Eventually those individuals become topheavy and have to resort to wearing pants to the gym everyday to cover up their chicken legs. The fact of the matter is, guys typically do not enjoy training their legs. It hurts in and out of the gym with little nocitable change. If you don't already know this, the harder you train your legs the more testosterone your body will produce! More testosterone means bigger gains for your upper body!

I used to HATE training my legs, now it is by far my favorite training day of the week. Leg day prep usually begins the night before, I try to get an extra hour or two of sleep and mentally commit to an absolute war with my body the next day. You can't go in and half ass leg day! You have to go in and give 110% or you might as well just go home. I have nearly passed out and thrown up in between sets, then got right back into the fight. Leg day will slowly grow on you and you will walk out of the gym with a feeling unlike any other. You will feel gratified, I promise!
    Agreed. So often I see men with a huge upper body and skinny legs. Not pretty.

Women are the same. It's much easier for us to work and develop muscle in our lower body. How many women do you see with minimal upper body muscle? It's all about balance.

SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50) SCYankeeJay will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I love walking out of the gym on after leg training and feeling wrecked. It's priceless!
    I love the wobbly leg feeling that I get for an hour or so after I hit my legs hard. My inability to walk normal is like a trophy of a good leg workout. i love it.

ednaaard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ednaaard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ednaaard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ednaaard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) ednaaard has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Still an underweight and weak skinny guy but squatting real deep so my arse nearly touches the floor with veins popping out my forehead almost as if they're going to explode and the feeling of nearly blacking out when I've finished the squat whilst having to hold the squat rack to steady myself until it passes makes me feels ten times stronger than the top heavy guys not 10ft from me doing hammer curls wearing tracksuit bottoms to cover up their chicken legs.

No one at my gym squats.

agentblack14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agentblack14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) agentblack14 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to hate training legs because I would always feel an uncomfortable pain when I did squats...Eventually, I told myself that I have to push myself further. After I got back into making my leg days more efficient, I look forward to leg days now. It's the hardest day of the week, but I love it.

On another note though, it does kill me when people see the change in my upper body, but then ask me what happened to my legs...lol
    "A life spent making mistakes is not only honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing." - Bernard Shaw

CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I've been doing legs for the last year and I still hate it but it's a challenge.

Did legs last Thursday and im still sore Monday.

LOL at the top heavy dudes wearing pants year round. We have some of those at my gym.

deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50) deveritt will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have always preferred leg days, but maybe that's because my upper body has always been incredibly weak :\

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Paul_2_Oh View Post
    Step 1: 1.5x normal carbs for the day
    Step 2: 15 minute stairmaster warmup
    Step 3: Put on Dubstep (or anything with strong bass/drum beats)
    Step 4: Obliterate legs with supersets, drop sets, partial reps at the end, etc.
    Step 5: HIIT on a stationary bike

Good luck walking normal for 5 days. Acquire big legs.
    I like it! I will give this a shot and get back to you for sure!
    Darren Conroy
    Controlled Labs Sponsored Natural Athlete
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

FREE Controlled Labs SAMPLES
    forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=149596763

Free Controlled Labs supps for your labels
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=117636651

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000) DarrenConroy is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by CATCH17 View Post
    I've been doing legs for the last year and I still hate it but it's a challenge.

Did legs last Thursday and im still sore Monday.

LOL at the top heavy dudes wearing pants year round. We have some of those at my gym.
    I love those guys! I used to be one of those guys until I read about Arnold cutting up all of his workout pants to expose his calves. It is indeed all about balance!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Disclaimer : The above post is my own PERSONAL OPINION and DOES NOT REPRESENT the official position of any company or entity. It DOES NOT constitute medical advice

Talking

Originally Posted by deveritt View Post
    I have always preferred leg days, but maybe that's because my upper body has always been incredibly weak :\
    It's all good buddy, as you continue working out you will notice changes. I would suggest taking progress pictures between every two weeks to a month. You see yourself everyday so sometimes it's hard to see progress. Good luck!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

xmtowntyx has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Leg day is my fav day of my workout schedule!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And tomorrow is LEG DAY FOR ME! But really if you hate leg day and or never have a leg day, you really need to. Squat is the most important exercise when it comes to working out legs. It uses almost every major muscle group in your body. Pretty much everything from the shoulders and down is being used. And don't ever ever ever ever squat with a "smith machine", you're cheating yourself. That machine should have a huge sign on that says NOT FOR SQUATTING!

akframerman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I LOVE legs!! I've only ben in the gym for about four months but i always look forward to wednesdays

Originally Posted by akframerman View Post
    I LOVE legs!! I've only ben in the gym for about four months but i always look forward to wednesdays
    Wednesday is when I train legs as well! Must be something about Wednesday's... Glad to hear that you have been in for four months and that you're still going strong.. Keep it up!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Legs are toast!! Not going to be able to move tomorrow and I love it!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Legs days suck, but they grow on you. I have been having a hard time with my squat increasing, turns out box squats were the way to go, years ago I would only go down half way, and then recently I've been going ATG all the time, well the box puts me right where I need to be, feeling power and seeing more gains now. I've also had good progress with band squats, mixing it up is key, just like any lift.

Just don't go bashing the chicken leg guys to hard, while they lack in legs, the chests and arms on some of those dudes are impressive, squats or not when someone throws up 400 lbs on bench you gotta hand it to them.
    Rugby Crew
    Misc Photography Crew
    Best Gym Raw 585/405/640

chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000) chobar22 is a complete loser! (-2000)
    four days after doing legs and i still feel them a little bit. awesome
    ★★★★★BIG MONEY BALLER CREW★★★★★

Bench: 220
    Dead: 345
    Squat: 320

I REP BACK!!

bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250) bonacris has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Legs on monday is the way to go... Monday seems to be International Chest Day so nobody is ever in the squat rack or using any of the machines..
    stats: jan 2012/ goals: jan 2013

DL :405/495
    Squat 275/315
    Bench 180/225 (feelsbadman)

Originally Posted by bonacris View Post
    Legs on monday is the way to go... Monday seems to be International Chest Day so nobody is ever in the squat rack or using any of the machines..
    I have noticed that myself.. Not sure why.. I just think that Monday's get way too crowded in the gym (my gym anyway) and I have trouble navigating through and keeping a good pump. I set Monday as one of my off days for that very reason...
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by BlueSasquatch View Post
    Legs days suck, but they grow on you. I have been having a hard time with my squat increasing, turns out box squats were the way to go, years ago I would only go down half way, and then recently I've been going ATG all the time, well the box puts me right where I need to be, feeling power and seeing more gains now. I've also had good progress with band squats, mixing it up is key, just like any lift.

Just don't go bashing the chicken leg guys to hard, while they lack in legs, the chests and arms on some of those dudes are impressive, squats or not when someone throws up 400 lbs on bench you gotta hand it to them.
    Nice to hear that you found something that works for you! Sometimes it does take some trial and error before you find that winning recipe. For you being 6'6 I'm sure every lift has it's challenges. Good on you!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50) CATCH17 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Today is my squat day. Not pumped about it at all but it will still get dominated.

penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) penny0527 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Legs are toast!! Not going to be able to move tomorrow and I love it!!
    I worked my glutes amd legs on Saturday. I had to take a muscle relaxer on Sunday in order to function at work on Monday.

BigLoughlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BigLoughlin has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hated legs until an upper body injury, for 45 days if I went to the gym all I could do was legs, core and cardio (and I hate cardio so that's out). Now i'm hopping around getting my dog excited 45 minutes before my departure to the gym on legs days. Deadlifts are absolute gold, the wobbly-legged feeling is so great to me, coworkers ask what's wrong and I just spout out my progress numbers like a maniac, now they know just to avoid me on the recovery days. Ol crazy legs through the office make mondays OK in my books.

Originally Posted by penny0527 View Post
    I worked my glutes amd legs on Saturday. I had to take a muscle relaxer on Sunday in order to function at work on Monday.
    That's when you know you killed it!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Originally Posted by BigLoughlin View Post
    Hated legs until an upper body injury, for 45 days if I went to the gym all I could do was legs, core and cardio (and I hate cardio so that's out). Now i'm hopping around getting my dog excited 45 minutes before my departure to the gym on legs days. Deadlifts are absolute gold, the wobbly-legged feeling is so great to me, coworkers ask what's wrong and I just spout out my progress numbers like a maniac, now they know just to avoid me on the recovery days. Ol crazy legs through the office make mondays OK in my books.
    I too live the wobbly feeling, I think it's just the fact that you know you are pushing your body to the absolute max. I wish I had discovered dead's years ago! Front squats and dead lifts are two lifts that I absolutely love to hate. I can't get enough!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

Dead lifts tomorrow!!! I never thought I would be so excited to reap so much havoc on my body.. Today was a rest day so I am going in strong and ready for war!!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com

BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BlueSasquatch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    5x5 @ 335 Squats today.

Legs had the strength but my body kept folding, friend convinced me to try a belt

put up 395, looking for 4 plates on Friday. Max before this (week ago) was 365.

Belt seems to be what I was missing, opinions on belts? Are they a crutch? Use them only for max? All the time? Never?
    Rugby Crew
    Misc Photography Crew
    Best Gym Raw 585/405/640

shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000) shorkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Squat till u puke...

And then squat some more...

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ Great Quote!! I've tried it! Part of me kind of liked it!
    Darren Conroy

Aesthreadics.com
    info@aesthreadics.com