Strangulat3 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

What do i need!?

So i have been working out at home for about 5 months 4-6 days a week i do push ups, triceps dips, chin ups and i use 10 lbs weights for biceps LOL i know its ****ty but its all i have at the moment and maybe its just me but i feel like i haven't gained much maybe 5 lbs, I'm 5'11 and 140 lbs right now and i don't want to "hit the gym" i would rather workout at home i get too distracted at the gym.
    I don't know exactly how i should go about it and what i need which is also why i don't go to the gym because i am not that educated on the equipment so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome I'm on a pretty low budget here so i wont be getting anything too crazy.

JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50) JohnPurple will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You pretty much need a bench and barbell and some weights and a power rack. Don't buy new though. Go on craigslist and try to find some deals.

LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50) LimitStrength will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Strangulat3 View Post
    So i have been working out at home for about 5 months 4-6 days a week i do push ups, triceps dips, chin ups and i use 10 lbs weights for biceps LOL i know its ****ty but its all i have at the moment and maybe its just me but i feel like i haven't gained much maybe 5 lbs, I'm 5'11 and 140 lbs right now and i don't want to "hit the gym" i would rather workout at home i get too distracted at the gym.
    I don't know exactly how i should go about it and what i need which is also why i don't go to the gym because i am not that educated on the equipment so if anyone could point me in the right direction that would be awesome I'm on a pretty low budget here so i wont be getting anything too crazy.
    Read the stickies on this forum, best place to start in terms of getting an idea of what you need.

Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000) Accutron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You should do the routine Starting Strength...its a basic barbell routine...bench/squat/dead/press/...

For that you need a bench/bar+weights/power rack. And with those things you can do so much its kind of all you need.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #6 []---[]
    Rogue R3 Crew -[]--(ಠ_ಠ)--[]-

Isn't it weird that pirates would go out to shore looking for buried treasure but the real treasure was in the friendships they were making?

"Where the **** are we at?" -Christopher Columbus

Registered User OperationChisel's Avatar
    OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) OperationChisel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Bench, barbell and plates. Get a DB set or all-in-one DB set if you can afford it. You can do a ton with just this. Invest in enough plates to lift heavy.
    Power rack after all that with pull up bar and perhaps dips attachment.
    There are some all-in-one gyms that are pretty decent, but cost a lot (the good ones anyway). If you go the all-in-one route, try it out first because some are junk.
    www.42Workouts.com

KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) KBKB has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    So i have been working out at home for about 5 months 4-6 days a week i do push ups, triceps dips, chin ups and i use 10 lbs weights for biceps...
    Where are the squats?

You'll gain if you incorporate squats into your routine using challenging amounts of weight. You'll also need to increase your protein intake.

A power rack, barbell, and plates will allow you to squat safely. Add a bench and you'll be able to bench press safely too.
    ▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #35
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #14

817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) 817boy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Accutron View Post
    You should do the routine Starting Strength...its a basic barbell routine...bench/squat/dead/press/...

For that you need a bench/bar+weights/power rack. And with those things you can do so much its kind of all you need.
    THIS

and get them all on craigslist if possible.
    Good price ranges for used:
    squat rack $200-$400 depending on brand and condition (ask us we will let you know what its worth)
    7 ft olympic barbell w/ 300lbs weights $125-$150
    Bench flat $50-150 depends on brand and condition/ flat to incline bench $50-200 depending on brand and condition.
    These prices are based off my CL market.

dumbbells (not neccessary but can be beneficial to a beginner) go for 50 cents a lb for the metal hex style dumbbells. They cost $1 a lb new

Also there is a good training program for beginners called strong lifts 5x5
    here is the free pdf: http://www.lundswingtsun.se/pdfwce/stronglifts5x5.pdf
    It surprises me how many people refuse to buy equipment from Elitefts because its too expensive but they will buy equipment from their competitors, then continue to go on EFS website to educate themselves for FREE

jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000) jackbravo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you haven't gained weight because you haven't increased your eating. working out with weights doesn't add body weight - you can only build muscle if you have extra nutrition around to do so.

Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Squats49 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    "You need a rack, bench and 300-lb. Oly set. Now, what was your question?" - AttyGuy