Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

I can't believe it's not butter - good/bad?

Is using "I can't believe it's not butter" in place of regular butter in my Keto Diet (CKD) good or bad?

Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Kidd123 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by startnow View Post
    Is using "I can't believe it's not butter" in place of regular butter in my Keto Diet (CKD) good or bad?
    stick with REAL butter because it has alot of fats in there.

startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) startnow has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    For my fat intake I am using real mayo, olive oil, flaxseed oil, and I can't believe it's not butter.

I'm just trying to balance my saturated fats out a bit (I range from 25-30 grams of saturated with this combo).

If I use real butter won't my saturated fat intake be a bit high?

Is ICBINB actually bad for the keto diet?

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    saturated fat is good fat, its only bad when it comes along with sugary, fried, processed foods. i get 60g+ saturated fat a day. its hard to get any less on keto. balance it with your omegas and other fats and youll be fine.
    keto is for lovers.

forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=113568721

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Butter is fine, but ICBINB is ZOMG amazing!!!!
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Getting big: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136802401

- Alan Aragon www.alanaragon.com

jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50) jecristragedy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    lol
    i have always preferred the taste of that **** over real butter.
    my mom thinks its nasty though.
    keto is for lovers.

MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) MarkVI has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jecristragedy View Post
    lol
    i have always preferred the taste of that **** over real butter.
    my mom thinks its nasty though.
    I have some embarrasing recipes and uses for that stuff
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

lol
    ... how embarrassing?
    keto is for lovers.

lol
    ... how embarrassing?
    YGPM....It's SO shameful....
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

So I'm assuming ICBINB is OK on Keto then? I don't want to blow the diet because I was using improper fat replacements.

I also prefer the taste of it over real butter...glad I'm not the only one :-)

Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    YGPM....It's SO shameful....
    LOL it cant be that bad.

its not gonna blow your diet, no. just double check to make sure the ingredients are ok, pretty sure its no trans fat.
    keto is for lovers.

titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10) titebuoy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    bad OP, eat real butter.

animal fats > hydrogenated oils

So why is real butter and animal fats better?

I'm just trying to educate myself in everything Keto and would like facts to back up the reasons why I should be doing things :-)

Thanks

just looked it up, cause i know they say it has NO trans fat, so i thought it may just be cream and canola oil or something.

but apparently the FDA allows a product to claim that its "no trans fat" if its under a certain amount per serving.

it does contain partially hydrogenated oil. i guess it is 3.5% trans fat in a serving. under 1g though. butter is better, but i really dont think that it will hurt you unless you eat it in large amounts like some people may

oh, and animal fats are better because they are naturally occuring, they dont need to be over-processed to exist.
    keto is for lovers.

mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    just looked it up, cause i know they say it has NO trans fat, so i thought it may just be cream and canola oil or something.

but apparently the FDA allows a product to claim that its "no trans fat" if its under a certain amount per serving.

it does contain partially hydrogenated oil. i guess it is 3.5% trans fat in a serving. under 1g though. butter is better, but i really dont think that it will hurt you unless you eat it in large amounts like some people may

oh, and animal fats are better because they are naturally occuring, they dont need to be over-processed to exist.
    check out this thread:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=113729631

found it pretty interesting how people rationalize that butter isn't good for you.

wellllllll, that girl is obviously retarded. butter is the WORST fat ever! and if you eat it, "have fun doing more cardio!" lolz. as if youre going to go way over caloric intake because you use butter, not that you would factor that in or anything.

shes really posting in the keto forum, bashing saturated fats?!
    keto is for lovers.

mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mikeboards has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    wellllllll, that girl is obviously retarded. butter is the WORST fat ever! and if you eat it, "have fun doing more cardio!" lolz. as if youre going to go way over caloric intake because you use butter, not that you would factor that in or anything.

for every tbsp of butter i eat i have to add in 7 mins of cardio daily lol

fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

I'm retarded?? I dont appreciate your personal slander on me just because you disagree wwith my thread. Grow Up!!!! first off i'm talking about "I CANT BELIEVE ITS NOT BUTTER SPRAY" in the keto you need good Quality fats to fuel your body like fish oil, flax seed, avocados red meat ect. Not BS fats like butter thats so calorie dense Butter is 100 calorie per TBS i use i cant believe its not butter SPRAY for the taste and for one if I'm Retarded I guess ALL the pro's in Bodybuilding are also retarded and dont know what they are talking about. Example Dexter Jackson...AKA MR. Olympia, Former MR. Olympia Jay Cutler...... Fast forward this vid to 49 sec, I guess he's also retarded huh??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YFzljXz5itk

calm down.
    you can use the damn spray all you want, it wont change the fact that butter/any saturated fat isnt "bad" fat.
    Last edited by jecristragedy; 02-28-2009 at 09:45 AM.
    keto is for lovers.

Team Muscletech Athlete AJ SIMS's Avatar
    AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    calm down.
    you can use the damn spray all you want, it wont change the fact that butter/any saturated fat isnt "bad" fat.

It also doesn't change the fact that she stated much more quality sources of fats to help you achieve far better results than using butter will ... Class dismissed
    Training hard for the 2012 season with the help of TEAM MUSCLETECH !!

PM or E-mail at Ajripped015@aol.com for customized online personal training and nutritional program rates!

Team MuscleTech Sponsored Athlete
    www.AJSIMS.com

Redkong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redkong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    So.. curiously, I use country crock spread to fix one of my two different dinners a week (about 3 times a week), it accounts for maybe 200-300 of the calories. Should I stop and switch to 'normal' butter? Or should I stop the meal all together? I didn't see any transfat, I thought it would be alright.

Originally Posted by Redkong View Post
    So.. curiously, I use country crock spread to fix one of my two different dinners a week (about 3 times a week), it accounts for maybe 200-300 of the calories. Should I stop and switch to 'normal' butter? Or should I stop the meal all together? I didn't see any transfat, I thought it would be alright.
    Are you a bodybuilder in contest prep? no? ok...then don't worry about it.
    www.xccellence.com

FKK.....We don't play

Originally Posted by AJ SIMS View Post
    It also doesn't change the fact that she stated much more quality sources of fats to help you achieve far better results than using butter will ... Class dismissed
    er? ok.... using a tablespoon (or two ) of butter doesnt say anything about your other sources of fat. if youre eating excess cause you stuff your face full of it, yeah, but obviously you'd factor the measly 100 calories into your daily intake. eating another tablspoon of evoo or another ounce of beef instead wont help you get any better results lol.

saying its the worst fat ever is completely dramatic. so sorry, that statement was retarded.
    keto is for lovers.

AJ defends jacig an awful lot... both from Nevada... coincidence much?

Can someone show me some info showing that butter is "bad fat" ?

And how the hell is flax seed oil not calorie dense? Avocados 400 calories in it... not calorie dense!

haha, both of 'em came out of nowhere.

even if butter WERE this evil terrible fat... id eat a pound of it before i ate even an ounce of a "fake butter spray" that claims to be fat and calorie free! :scratches head:

you know who created the myth that its better for you than butter? the company that makes it. i prefer when my food doesnt lie to me or have a bunch of asterisks on their labels. and they can get away with false advertising as long as its not "too false."

but i know what butter is. besides delicious.
    keto is for lovers.

Redkong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Redkong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MarkVI View Post
    Are you a bodybuilder in contest prep? no? ok...then don't worry about it.
    All I wanted to know, thanks.

AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50) AJ SIMS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mikeboards View Post
    AJ defends jacig an awful lot... both from Nevada... coincidence much?

Can someone show me some info showing that butter is "bad fat" ?

And how the hell is flax seed oil not calorie dense? Avocados 400 calories in it... not calorie dense!

No she just gets alot of her beliefs from me being my wife and seeing it daily ... Bottom line is this we all have our way of doing things , I am speaking from the point of what's going to give you the best quality look ( stage ready look ) since I've been there many many times and I prep people on a daily basis that win and you are talking about what can you get away with and not have it effect you much sure it taste great !! But there's the competitve side where we could care less about taste to get the job done and win ! So to close this case those who like butter and believe it does not effect them by all means keep it going and train hard and good luck in all your future goals through hard work you will get there ! I have my way of doing things by being taught from the best so I'll stick to them as I know they work just as you believe your method works ... Good luck guys and keep working hard !
    Last edited by AJ SIMS; 02-28-2009 at 02:18 PM.

PM or E-mail at Ajripped015@aol.com for customized online personal training and nutritional program rates!

www.AJSIMS.com

Originally Posted by AJ SIMS View Post
    No she just gets alot of her beliefs from me being my wife and seeing it daily ... Bottom line is this we all have our way of doing things , I am speaking from the point of what's going to give you the best quality look ( stage ready look ) since I've been there many many times and I prep people on a daily basis that win and you are talking about what can you get away with and not have it effect you much sure it taste great !! But there's the competitve side where we could care less about taste to get the job done and win ! So to close this case those who like butter and believe it does not effect them by all means keep it going and train hard and good luck in all your future goals through hard work you will get there ! I have my way of doing things by being taught from the best so I'll stick to them as I know they work just as you believe your method works ... Good luck guys and keep working hard !
    That's all well and good... congrats. I'm still curious where it says butter is bad fat though.

Originally Posted by mikeboards View Post
    That's all well and good... congrats. I'm still curious where it says butter is bad fat though.

Mike , you get different opinons bro it all depends on the induviduals goals ... For competitve top level bodybuilders or figure girls youll never EVER see use real butter pre-contest dieting and this has been going on longer than any us have been alive there must be a reason for this , doesn't take alot of thought .. But again like i said , if you feel you can use butter and achieve your goals then go for it buddy ! You might just be a genetic freak

www.AJSIMS.com

fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10) fitnbeachy21 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    well everyone has there own opion on this subject, we both feel the same way about butter. It works for us. Everyone has different goals to set and my husband and I are athletes in this sport and as every other athlete in this sport they also believe this theory and they also use butter spray. Everyone has their opinion. And if you all posted on a real bb site and try to convince this whole butter talk to these ppl, that have been doing this for Decades they would bash you all like no tomorrow but ne ways, like i said everyone has their own opinion.

if your curious about the site i was talking about this is it.

http://razorripped.com/showthread.ph...tter#post23670
    Last edited by jacig; 02-28-2009 at 06:05 PM.