Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by wala View Post
    Wow, some great pics Tony, glad you're still keeping them coming! The Chopper looks cool but also look pretty unconfortable to ride? like a stretched over position? is it a bad as it looks? lol
    It's actually quite comfortable for a totally rigid bike i.e. no suspension. One of my favorite rides ever.

This one in the following pics is like riding a bear trap.

FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Tony thanks for all the pics and stories!

Do you have any about Kevin Levrone or Shawn Ray?

featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by TonyDoherty View Post
    Ok Vince and I go way back, I love the guy. I saw him win the Arnold back in early 90s, it was the day he unveiled his terminator routine. In a way it was a day that changed bodybuilding. His routine was like nothing ever seen before. The control he had over his body was incredible and what he did to the crowd and judges set a new standard. He was skinless that day, he beat out Benaziza in 2nd and Sonny in 3rd. I guessed his weight at 225 but sitting next to his wife, she explained he was only 205lbs that day. Just goes to show how much bigger you look when you are peeled like that.

Over the next years I tried to get Vince to Australia many, many times. For what ever reason it never worked out with dates, times etc. So we stayed in touch but that was it for a long time.

Forward wind to 2006. I was putting together the Australian Pro GP which was going to be on the Gold Coast for the 1st time. I heard that Vince in his late 40s was attempting a comeback, so after some negotiation and a bit of luck, we made it happen. Both him And Francis Benfatto made a comeback that day, so as a promoter, it was one of the biggest highlights of my career.

Vince qualified for the Olympia that day, he returned the next year, this time in Melbourne and qualified again.

In my opinion, he is a hall of famer, top 10 of all time and a bodybuilding legend. He was a great guest and has been one of my biggest supporters, he would do anything to help promote the show, pure class. Best arms and calves of his day as well as a ripper bloke.

I will post some pics later, on iPad this time round.

TD

Tony, I was there for that gold coast show. it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. i was hoping lee would win but i think it was ronnie rockel that stole the show. branch warren was on stage (amazing to think how far he has come since those days) and it was great seeing him and mustafa go head to head in the legs department.

however, the highlight of the show was seeing vince and francis compete - i had seen so many pics of them in mags i read as a kid. i was like a kid in a candy store when i saw them walk on stage, and the shape they were in was incredible for their age or any age. also milos was present, but not competing.

my question, would you ever consider having the show on the gold coast again? i would love to invite a few of the people on here to come over for it and stay as long as they like at my place while the show is on.
    Natural Bodybuilding - The Lonely Journey

TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) TonyDoherty is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by featureless View Post
    Tony, I was there for that gold coast show. it was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. i was hoping lee would win but i think it was ronnie rockel that stole the show. branch warren was on stage (amazing to think how far he has come since those days) and it was great seeing him and mustafa go head to head in the legs department.

however, the highlight of the show was seeing vince and francis compete - i had seen so many pics of them in mags i read as a kid. i was like a kid in a candy store when i saw them walk on stage, and the shape they were in was incredible for their age or any age. also milos was present, but not competing.

my question, would you ever consider having the show on the gold coast again? i would love to invite a few of the people on here to come over for it and stay as long as they like at my place while the show is on.
    No, not at this stage. We had it there that year because the Melbourne venues were all taken for the Commonwealth Games. The Gold Coast Convention Centrre was awesome, and the comp had arguably the best lineup we had seen. However the logistics of holding a show that size out of town were a nightmare. So looks like you all have to travel to Melbourne for this year's show. Glad you enjoyed the show, here are some awesome shots from 2006.

_XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) _XYDREX_ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FAN0FdaSport View Post
    Tony thanks for all the pics and stories!

Do you have any about Kevin Levrone or Shawn Ray?
    From memory Tony brought Ray down in 94 just after the Olympia.
    __________Relax. Its just a bunch of pixels on a screen___________

JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JM3K is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    tony, do you know what pro's will be visiting perth after the aus gp?
    ***PMC - Where Amazing Happens***
    #MMFC

featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) featureless is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    great pics above tony. thanks for sharing.
    Natural Bodybuilding - The Lonely Journey

ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ResovoirDog is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    any levrone pics will be appreciated

Originally Posted by _XYDREX_ View Post
    From memory Tony brought Ray down in 94 just after the Olympia.
    Correct and again around 99 for a Musclecamp with a group of pros.

cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000) cbezz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey Tony, as you have stated you were good friends with Sonny. I've recently been having a brief glimpse into some older Australian bodybuilding magazines and photos (80s stuff mostly). And was wondering if you had any good photos of Sonny?

Looked on the internet and there really isn't that much. Was at a friends house the other week, his dad was Junior Mr Australia back in 1984 and he showed me a magazine and there were some pictures of a couple people I know but also Sonny (who I obviously know of). He looked pretty dam good, you could probably have been able to tell he had lots of potential.

Anyway, I was just wondering if you had any good photos of him?
    Thanks. And nice work with the show this year, already a great line up of competitors and guest posers. I highly look forward to it.

Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000) Kaged Muscle is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I think the Shawn Ray Muscle Camp you brought to Oz was 2001 - I attended the Sydney camp. It was a great experience for all who attended and, as usual, very well run by yourself. Milos, Shawn, Dennis James, Richard Jones, Jon Davie and Luke Wood RIP, etc, made it a memorable event.

I look forward to coming back to Oz to cover your awesome show for Bodybuilding.com, hit up the gym, and hold my seminar at the Fit X - http://fitx.com.au/visitors/2012-seminar-registration

Kris
    Kris Gethin

KAGED MUSCLE CEO
    https://www.instagram.com/krisgethin/
    www.kagedmuscle.com
    www.KrisGethin.com

Don't Call it a Comeback! Boba_Bulk's Avatar
    Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Boba_Bulk has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I dont have any shots of Haney at my fingertips but somewhere would have have shots of him in his last Olympia. I had him here in the months after he announced his retirement. He was a very classy unit, good family man and a great representative of the sport. I enjoyed interviewing him and even got to smash a few beers with him after the tour. That was pretty cool and probably my highlight of having him here. After a couple of beers he really loosened up and was a very funny dude, in fact had me in stitches.

Haney was a great man and in his day was the best we had ever seen.

From a physique point of view, everyone talked about his back and v-shape. What I didn't realise until I saw him defeat Yates in his last Mr. O, was how thick his chest was when he turned to the side. He was huge and at the time unbeatable.
    Thanks anyway Tony.

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but I think I would have rather had the opportunity to kick a few beers back with Haney (or any Olympian for that matter) anytime. That's a memory you're gonna always have, and something few other people will.

And yes I do recall seeing the pics of his chest next to Dorian's, thick indeed. Him, Arnie, Dorian, Ronnie, all GOATS for different reasons.

Originally Posted by Boba_Bulk View Post
    Him, Arnie, Dorian, Ronnie, all GOATS for different reasons.
    That is absolutely spot on. Everybody has their favorite champ but at the end of the day they were all the best in their era.

One of the smarter quotes I have read on the subject!

Jakeboss has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Who is this?

As topic says, anyone knows hes name?

entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    who's the older bloke who runs the bendigo gym? is it you?

Originally Posted by Jakeboss View Post
    As topic says, anyone knows hes name?
    Gary Strydom

Originally Posted by entropy1 View Post
    who's the older bloke who runs the bendigo gym? is it you?
    No that's not me, I am mostly in Brunswick.

entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000) entropy1 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    No that's not me, I am mostly in Brunswick.
    who is it?

xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) xuerebx is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    OK here is my story, thanks for asking.[...]
    One of the best posts I've ever read on a forum. Thank you for sharing.
    "Get up, and don't ever give up".

Originally Posted by entropy1 View Post
    who is it?
    Maybe you should ask him, or introduce yourself next time you are in.

LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    New to this part of the forums, mirin the size of the guys posted ITT doubt I'll ever get that big, how long do these guys train before they are that huge?

FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FAN0FdaSport is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by LongLurk View Post
    New to this part of the forums, mirin the size of the guys posted ITT doubt I'll ever get that big, how long do these guys train before they are that huge?
    Yeah.. its fun being a newbie to IFBB bodybuilding. Give this a good read.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...=346423&page=1

LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10) LongLurk is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by FAN0FdaSport View Post
    Yeah.. its fun being a newbie to IFBB bodybuilding. Give this a good read.
    cheers

Sorry I have not been posting much guys, my FitX expo is only 4 weeks away so I am working crazy hour at the moment. It is all coming together great, so come and check it out if you are in Oz. http://www.fitx.com.au/

I will be back with plenty more stories and pics ASAP.

TD

tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100) tneal06 is not very well liked. (-100)
    how did you start up your own gym, what was ur process?
    Tony Neal

AMATUER OF THE WEEK- http://www.bodybuilders.com/tony-neal.html

2011 NPC Cincinnati Jr. Overall 1st Place

"Quest to 250"

Follow Me Twitter: @hanginhams

Follow Me on ********: https://www.********.com/#!/TNealFitness

Contest Prep Nom Nom rebelprettyboy's Avatar
    rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) rebelprettyboy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by tneal06 View Post
    how did you start up your own gym, what was ur process?
    This. Anymore info on this is greatly apperciated... Looking to open a gym as well with my partner soon as he finishes his last year at TTU and have a little more start up money.
    Follow on instagram for updates and what not. Let me know and greens will be passed your
    Way.

Instagram.com/bestbuiltphysiques

#BBP

TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Tony who do you have winning the aus gp ??? Also tony did you ever meet Kevin levrone ???

Originally Posted by TLF84 View Post
    Tony who do you have winning the aus gp ??? Also tony did you ever meet Kevin levrone ???
    Branch would be the out in front favorite.

As for Kevin Levrone, I have brought him to Australia 2 or 3 times over the years. He competed in my grand prix in 2002. Was way out of shape but went home and trained properly and nearly beat Ronnie the same year. He was a freak. One of the strongest bodybuilders ever.

I also hung out with Kevin around the world at a few Olympias, Arnold's and Grand Prixs. He was always a good bloke, good fun and just a little different.

We got on the drink a few times and boy can he drink. I remember after an Arnold prejudging, he was a bit flat so we sat at the hotel bar slamming vodka. He went back to the finals about 20% sharper. Anyone else would have been wiped out.

I still get the occasional email and will try to get him to Oz in 2013 for a legends seminar that I am planning.

TD

TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50) TLF84 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Branch would be the out in front favorite.

As for Kevin Levrone, I have brought him to Australia 2 or 3 times over the years. He competed in my grand prix in 2002. Was way out of shape but went home and trained properly and nearly beat Ronnie the same year. He was a freak. One of the strongest bodybuilders ever.

I also hung out with Kevin around the world at a few Olympias, Arnold's and Grand Prixs. He was always a good bloke, good fun and just a little different.

We got on the drink a few times and boy can he drink. I remember after an Arnold prejudging, he was a bit flat so we sat at the hotel bar slamming vodka. He went back to the finals about 20% sharper. Anyone else would have been wiped out.

I still get the occasional email and will try to get him to Oz in 2013 for a legends seminar that I am planning.

TD
    Thanks for sharing that Tony Kevin in his prime is def my favorite , I would be keen as hell as attending the legends seminar if it all goes ahead please keep us posted .

TD
    Awesome! Any pictures with Kevin??