KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

How long before working out again after breast augmentation

This will be my last week of working out

I haven't asked the surgeon yet, but in the meantime I'd like to see what other women have experienced. The implants will be going under the muscle, through the armpit.

Since I already don't train chest directly, do you think my workouts will change much?

I am not very strong, so will I end up starting over using pink dumbbells? (lol) Some examples- for shoulder press I use 20 lb dumbbells, barbell curls 25-35 lbs, dumbbell rows 20-25 lbs, tricep pulldown 40-45 lbs... I squat 85 lbs, deadlift 90 lbs, and leg press I don't know if the sled weighs anything so I'm at two 45 lb plates on each side (180 lbs)...

How long after surgery can you start doing legs and abs (not doing my arms for a few weeks is not as tough as not being able to to legs and abs...I'm hoping I can come up with a leg workout that doesn't strain upper body)

And if all weight training is a no-go for a few weeks (like 6-8 weeks..oh my god..) how long before you can do cardio?

skinnyfatkids has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Your surgeon will let you know. I went back to work after 3 days (and I was on my feet running around non-stop) but I was careful to only lift the weight he recommended for the time he recommended. I think I started cardio at 10-14 days out - elliptical so there was little to no impact. I can't remember on weight lifting but it wasn't too long. Good luck!!!
    “Lack of activity destroys the good condition of every human being, while movement and methodical physical exercise save it and preserve it.”* ~ Plato

http://skinny-fatkids.blogspot.com/

https://www.********.com/pages/Skinny-Fatkids/207609935935435

https://twitter.com/#!/monika_fit

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    22 and boobs already? Seems young...
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KFlynn13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by oregonchick76 View Post
    22 and boobs already? Seems young...
    What's wrong with getting breast implants at age 22?

oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) oregonchick76 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by KFlynn13 View Post
    What's wrong with getting breast implants at age 22?
    Well, nothing. I was thinking about my own body though - and at 22 I was small but perky. Two kids later, now this is when I really need a boob job. I don't know if you are having kids, but eventually gravity will get you and what if you need another one in 10 yrs?
    "Start where you are. It's never too late to change your life."

Military Wife and Mom Julie5150's Avatar
    Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Julie5150 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Why do you avoid doing any chest-focused training?

For us girls who have dealt with larger breasts the chest muscles and shoulder strength help with breast-issues (such as slouching and uncomfortable bra straps, back pain and so forth) depending on how *up* you went in size - when you can start lifting again - you will need to strengthen these areas and actually incorporate training exercises to help with those muscles.

But I wouln't push it too much to lift, now - recovery is hard enough without hitting the gym. It took me 2 weeks to regain my mediocre level of energy after I had a tubal ligation - longer if you've had your body actually altered in any way, I'd imagine. . . but it's personal - some people bounce back rather quickly, some take considerably longer.
    Real women CLEAN with kettlebells

Solid at room temperature l3al3yJane's Avatar
    l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    At the time when I had my BA I was running a lot and my PS told me to knock it off for 6 weeks minimum. It all depends on the size of your implants and their placement. Mine were also submuscular and they are big so there was more damage to be done if I started back up too soon. If your implants are 350 cc or smaller, then you will probably be fine to do light exercises after about a month. The only thing I did was ride a stationary bike and walk at an incline until the 6 weeks were up. You might get away with doing some bodyweight squats and lunges or wall sits before that. Overall, listen to your PS! He knows best and you don't want to end up with an infection or lopsided implants!

I have avoided doing direct chest exercises because I when I did chest, I didn't like how it started to look (seemed to push my boobs down and looked more like pecs than boobs, I thought it looked disgusting). Previously I thought I would start adding some chest exercises AFTER getting implants, but now knowing all the information on implants I'm going to continue laying off chest. The surgeon said I have a good amount of chest muscle, so I'm assuming that other exercises work out the chest enough.

Well, nothing. I was thinking about my own body though - and at 22 I was small but perky. Two kids later, now this is when I really need a boob job. I don't know if you are having kids, but eventually gravity will get you and what if you need another one in 10 yrs?
    Ohh I understand. I don't plan on having children, of course that may change in 5-10 years you never know. I'm just really uncomfortable with having nothing "there" and don't see a reason to wait until I'm older. I know a couple woman who have had their implants for 10+ years and they are completely fine, they have sagged a couple inches but they look very natural now. A lot of women end up having a 2nd procedure years later anyway for a different size or implant type, so that doesn't bother me.

Originally Posted by l3al3yJane View Post
    At the time when I had my BA I was running a lot and my PS told me to knock it off for 6 weeks minimum. It all depends on the size of your implants and their placement. Mine were also submuscular and they are big so there was more damage to be done if I started back up too soon. If your implants are 350 cc or smaller, then you will probably be fine to do light exercises after about a month. The only thing I did was ride a stationary bike and walk at an incline until the 6 weeks were up. You might get away with doing some bodyweight squats and lunges or wall sits before that. Overall, listen to your PS! He knows best and you don't want to end up with an infection or lopsided implants!
    I'm getting 450cc started at a 32A / 34AA with barely any breast tissue. That's some stretching!!

Solid at room temperature l3al3yJane's Avatar
    l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250) l3al3yJane has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by KFlynn13 View Post

I'm getting 450cc started at a 32A / 34AA with barely any breast tissue. That's some stretching!!
    That is definitely some stretching!! In consideration of that, you will probably want to go easy for a full 6 weeks to be safe. Make sure you do the massages recommended by your plastic surgeon so they soften up and settle into the pocket properly. That is sometimes a problem when a smaller girl gets a bigger size.

Have you looked into any of the BA forums? There is a really good one out there where a lot women share their experiences and you can see their before and afters, etc.

Good luck!

Cindym432 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile

I work for a plastic surgeon, and we tell our patients to wait 3 weeks before they can start working out again. After that 3 week period I would just take it slow and see how you feel!

Registered User kickasskittykat's Avatar
    kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) kickasskittykat has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I would go with what your surgeon suggests. Then listen to your body..

Interestingly enough I was told NOT to massage them after having it done as can encourage capsulation as your are constantly irritating the tissues.

So, with the greatest respect to everyone who has posted listen to your surgeon and your own body. 6-8 weeks taking it easy is nothing time wise if it the best thing for your body ;-)

If your anything like me you'll be convinced for first few weeks they are gonna fall off if you lean forward and walking was the most weird feeling for a while with the whole jiggle... nevermind running!!!

Good luck and hope you have a speedy recovery xxxx

carolpax has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I do agree with everyone on taking your docs advice. I am currently 3 weeks post op now. I have done abs, legs, shoulders and tonight worked biceps and back. I have gone down in weight a great deal. I can tell if I working my chest too hard, so I have skipped a few of the exercises I would have normally done. Legs were the easiest to do without using my chest. Only had to have someone put the plates on the incline leg press lol,,,even squats on smith machine was fine. Felt great to be back in the gym honestly. I started cardio a week ago so about 12 days post op. I am not working chest directly for another week or 2 and if its not comfortable I will wait for the 6 week mark.

derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) derickp38 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Best thing is to listen to your PS. just like everyone said already in here. Remember even though it might be the same procedure as many others get each PS has there own way of doing it whether it works well or not. My wife got hers done and her PS told her not to massage them. He said PS only tell the patients that so if the results turn out bad they can blame it on the person for not doing what the doc told them to do. A good forum is realself.com they have a ton of women that gone through what you're going to be going through also reviews on PS, but I'm sure you've already researched your PS and talked to many and picked them. But like everyone said listen to your PS and then listen to your body.
    Never give up

Fight for what YOU believe in

Push past the threshold

Pain is only temporary, but glory last a lifetime

Instagram: @dp_808

Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000) Jodie10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    So much this....
    Under Construction.