Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast
    liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    Wow, that's a long day. Solid volume in there.

It's okay to lose the bar behind IMO. It means you pull too hard. When it happens, my coach told me to add weight so I would say the coach Filmbuff did a good job haha!

lol @ the weirdo. He was hitting on you I guess XD
    lol this is what I was thinking!

nice lifting though
    My 5/3/1 progress can be found here.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142870321&p

Uncut LOG...check it out here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152706323

{{**ORIGINAL DSC**}}

I lift one rep at a time.

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by izzygrant View Post
    Was it ever in doubt? Having people on the inside is key. I suspect this one trainer hates my group because he is friends with a surly oversized azzhole who likes to hog the power rack at the end of the night to do eighteen sets of 4-plate shrugs. No squats, no deadlifts, just shrugs. He frequently accidentally-on-purpose walks into me when I'm using the platform that's up against his rack.

Lol. We're really good about our chalk use - keep it discreet, clean up after ourselves. Also always clean up our own plates and any others and help sort the dumbbells at the end of every night. That's part of the reason I'm pissed - we're good gym citizens, we don't need this garbage.
    True, true. You came out of the gates fast so no, no doubts .

That helps too on the chalk. I always put it on over the trash can, and try to wipe down the bar and the area after I'm done.

My smart ass mouth almost got me in trouble one day. There's a "regular" who is a pretty big dood who comes in there on Saturday mornings (and if I were to guess based on his size and the fact that he is constantly red faced and sweating like a pig, is probably on dat dere Celltech). I had finished deadlifting but didn't wipe the bar down and he went over to do some shrugs (with straps), and motioned over to me and was like, "hey, next time you bring that **** in here, make sure to clean it up."

Now, most of the "regulars" at the gym know me and know that I've caught flak from some of the trainers for using chalk in there before before my buddy straightened them out and most of them think the policy is ridiculous. So my assumption was that this guy was just fuking around with me. So I said back to him, "Why, because you don't want to get your pretty little straps dirty?"

It did not go over well.

Sigh. Maybe someday soon I will have the money for this...[/QUOTE]

Jan 22

Got that 95 bench

This despite the weirdo who insisted on "working in" with me.... to curl the bar and some 10's. There was an extra bar he could have used, but apparently he "needed" to straddle the bench. We also have fixed weight bars that go up to 110. I bertstared him SO HARD the entire time.
    Was he straddling the bench while you were on it? Because that would be weird.

Nothing kills more than the guys who insist on curling 45-65 lbs in one of our two squat racks when we have the same preloaded bars that go up to 110. I think next time I may just roll one behind the squat rack and set it down behind them and just point at it.
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144101461
    Best meet lifts: 424/303/551 (93kg)
    Best gym lifts: 420/290/565

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Apologies for filling your brain with too many thoughts after that miss.

Next time just rip it off the floor.

And that trainer is the same douche who complained to me about my bag too.

I explained the logic to him and everything I had and he was still like "well maybe just bein what you need" I Bert stated again and then once again explained I need everything in my bag.
    the latest and greatest in training...or whatever.

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=177744461&page=3

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Saintsqc View Post
    Wow, that's a long day. Solid volume in there.

It's okay to lose the bar behind IMO. It means you pull too hard. When it happens, my coach told me to add weight so I would say the coach Filmbuff did a good job haha!

lol @ the weirdo. He was hitting on you I guess XD
    Thanks Saint! I almost killed some dudes behind me. And I also managed to hit myself in the lower back with it somehow. Now I have a giant tramp-stamp located bruise :/ you know it's bad when the barbells are trying to mark you as a sloot.

Originally Posted by arian11 View Post
    I bet you his training journal went something like this,

"Dear Diary,

I was at the gym today doing barbell curls and this chick was mirin' me hard. Every set, she would just stare at my biceps as I pumped them further and further. Sloots gonna sloot! YOLO! #Curls4daGurls."
    Originally Posted by liftingson View Post
    lol this is what I was thinking!

nice lifting though
    You know, this didn't even occur to me - I'm so clueless sometimes - but you guys are probably right, that's really the only explanation. He offered to spot me at one point and I laughed in his face. I'm so nice.

I know you guys don't need to be told this but if you're trying to impress a chick who lifts, interrupting her maxout to curl 65lbs on equipment that should never be used for curling is NOT the way to do it.

Originally Posted by FrmrHoss View Post
    True, true. You came out of the gates fast so no, no doubts .

That helps too on the chalk. I always put it on over the trash can, and try to wipe down the bar and the area after I'm done.

My smart ass mouth almost got me in trouble one day. There's a "regular" who is a pretty big dood who comes in there on Saturday mornings (and if I were to guess based on his size and the fact that he is constantly red faced and sweating like a pig, is probably on dat dere Celltech). I had finished deadlifting but didn't wipe the bar down and he went over to do some shrugs (with straps), and motioned over to me and was like, "hey, next time you bring that **** in here, make sure to clean it up."

Now, most of the "regulars" at the gym know me and know that I've caught flak from some of the trainers for using chalk in there before before my buddy straightened them out and most of them think the policy is ridiculous. So my assumption was that this guy was just fuking around with me. So I said back to him, "Why, because you don't want to get your pretty little straps dirty?"

It did not go over well.

Was he straddling the bench while you were on it? Because that would be weird.

Nothing kills more than the guys who insist on curling 45-65 lbs in one of our two squat racks when we have the same preloaded bars that go up to 110. I think next time I may just roll one behind the squat rack and set it down behind them and just point at it.
    Lol that's hilarious. Stay safe with the celltech-heads. I don't know if curling on the bench is better than in the squat rack or not... And no, I certainly wasn't staying on that bench while he was using it. He also took the bar off the rack and balanced it on the bench while he tried to load his 10's. W. T. F.

Originally Posted by Filmbuff81 View Post
    Apologies for filling your brain with too many thoughts after that miss.

Next time just rip it off the floor.

And that trainer is the same douche who complained to me about my bag too.

I explained the logic to him and everything I had and he was still like "well maybe just bein what you need" I Bert stated again and then once again explained I need everything in my bag.
    No I really appreciate it, and hopefully will be able to implement it after I've had some time to process. The clown show that was the guys doing squats (and dancing) didn't help my focus any either, though it's pretty much always like that. Tempted to upload that video of J doing the two-step behind me.
    training log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153696161&page=51

simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    loled hard at the tramp stamp bruise. You better hope that creeper doesn't see your new stamp or he might start bugging you even more.
    Total's = Jan. 2012 - 1036 @ 198's
    Jan. 2013 - 1184 @ 220's
    Jul. 2013 - 1251 @ 220's
    Jan. 2014 - 1355 @ 242's

izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) izzygrant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Deadlift Day

Jan 23

Was tired and sore. Did not want to lift. Right mid-back is now having the same issue the left one did a couple weeks ago - feels like a strain of some kind. Tried a few hang cleans with the bar and they hurt so no cleans or snatches today. Deadlift day only.

10lb PR went up nice, 15 effort did not. I don't think I was being a bitch, I was driving hard for it so I think it was a genuine fail. Then repped out 135 for 6 easy, with at least one left in the tank... three times. Okay.

Warmup
    30 mins infrared sauna rolling out joint with stick and stretching hammies/hip flexors
    foam rolling
    lower body stretches
    dynamic band shoulder stretches

BTN push press/OH squat complex
    20lb bar x10ish

Deadlifts
    bar x8
    95 x6
    135 x3
    165 x1 *PR
    170 miss, miss I KNOW, COME AT ME
    155 x1
    135 x6 *rep PR x3sets lol wtf

Shoulder Rehab
    band pull aparts
    btn band pull aparts
    band external/internal rotation
    shoulder dislocations

Cardio & Mobility
    1.5 mile incline treadmill walk
    glute/hammy/piri/quad/calf stretches and foam rolling

Supps
    AM: b complex, milk thistle, glucosamine, joint care+, vit D
    PWO: bcaa's, c4, creatine
    PM: fish oil, CLA, antiox, inflaheal, multi, glucosamine, greens
    Last edited by izzygrant; 01-25-2013 at 03:33 PM.

Originally Posted by simp3204 View Post
    loled hard at the tramp stamp bruise. You better hope that creeper doesn't see your new stamp or he might start bugging you even more.
    Well if he gets too close, he's getting a bar in the face. And it likely won't even be on purpose

samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    learn to be satisfied with 1 PR. Too greedy! btw it takes a couple weeks to recvoer from max deadlift attempts, so your back wasn't feeling good and you attempted 2 PR's on deadlift? :/

marathon not sprint
    Recovering fatass

FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FrmrHoss is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by samsont View Post
    learn to be satisfied with 1 PR. Too greedy! btw it takes a couple weeks to recvoer from max deadlift attempts, so your back wasn't feeling good and you attempted 2 PR's on deadlift? :/

marathon not sprint
    This should have just taken the 165 and shut it down. I'm going to guess you didn't just smoke the $hit out of it or anything since you only went up to 170.

I also love that you start off with "mid back was sore so I didn't hang clean" then "but max DLs sounded good!!!"
    New log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144101461
    Best meet lifts: 424/303/551 (93kg)
    Best gym lifts: 420/290/565

liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) liftingson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you were tired, sore and didnt want to lift. But, you still pulled a PR! Just imagine how it would have gone if you were fresh.

Nice work though
    My 5/3/1 progress can be found here.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142870321&p

Uncut LOG...check it out here!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=152706323

{{**ORIGINAL DSC**}}

I lift one rep at a time.

wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000) wakechica is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Crazy girl..... If back hurts ITS TELLING YOU TO REST! Nice job on the PR though. FWIW I did upto PR on Monday and still don't feel ready to DL yet.

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    170 miss, miss I KNOW, COME AT ME
    I believe you owe me something now...
    1372 @ 205
    USAPL Senior International Coach & IPF Cat II Referee
    Squats & Science Head Coach
    http://squatsandscience.com/sscoaching/

Boynton Barbell Center:
    http://boyntonbarbellcenter.com/

YouTube Channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/ariandbz

marathon not sprint
    Yes, greedy as fuk Whatever is the problem with my back didn't hurt on DL's, it was just when I tried to move stuff fast. BTNPP with 20lbs felt fine too. But yeah it was dumb.

Originally Posted by FrmrHoss View Post
    This should have just taken the 165 and shut it down. I'm going to guess you didn't just smoke the $hit out of it or anything since you only went up to 170.

I also love that you start off with "mid back was sore so I didn't hang clean" then "but max DLs sounded good!!!"
    You're right. The dude I was working out with yesterday pushed me to go up again but that's no excuse, I know I would have considered it myself anyway and I could have said no. 165 came up but I had to work for so really I had no business going up again.

Originally Posted by liftingson View Post
    you were tired, sore and didnt want to lift. But, you still pulled a PR! Just imagine how it would have gone if you were fresh.

Nice work though
    Thanks. John would be proud:

Originally Posted by John Broz
    Training lifts will eventually start to go backwards as you enter into the "dark times". When you are so sore and fatigued that you cant even imagine lifting weights. This time is CRUCIAL to training. You MUST persevere and continue to train! Eventually your lifts will begin to improve and you will make progress and PR's while in a totally fatigued state. When you can make progress when feeling like this, this is when you are going somewhere.
    Originally Posted by wakechica View Post
    Crazy girl..... If back hurts ITS TELLING YOU TO REST! Nice job on the PR though. FWIW I did upto PR on Monday and still don't feel ready to DL yet.
    I know Thanks. This was 10 days from my last DL attempt. If I can keep adding 10lbs once a cycle then I'll have a reasonable deadlift number in a month or so!

samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) samsont is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I doubt broz would apply that logic to deadlifts LOL but I agree with it for everything else lol

fyi your deadlift gonna get stronger from squats, oly lifts. It'll probably get stronger without even training it much, so when you do, make it all about technique you know? as you progress you'll be like "oh I got 170 no problem" it won't even be a question and bam you'll get your PR then. It'll come with time, just don't be in a rush
    Recovering fatass

I doubt broz would apply that logic to deadlifts LOL but I agree with it for everything else lol

fyi your deadlift gonna get stronger from squats, oly lifts. It'll probably get stronger without even training it much, so when you do, make it all about technique you know? as you progress you'll be like "oh I got 170 no problem" it won't even be a question and bam you'll get your PR then. It'll come with time, just don't be in a rush
    Can't sneak that one past you huh? I will try to remember to take video next time but I will say that my form is always rock solid - no back curvature here. And you're right. Paaaaaatience wut's that

Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Filmbuff81 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Haha yeah Broz doesn't like Deadlifts in general.

Too tough to recover from in his mind.

You got 170 pretty soon I am sure.

The Italian Scallion BrotherWolf's Avatar
    BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BrotherWolf has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Oly lifters do enough pulling already it's not that important , however for a beginner I'm sure it wouldn't hurt
    who says love has to be soft and gentle ?

simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) simp3204 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Well if he gets too close, he's getting a bar in the face. And it likely won't even be on purpose
    No balls!

I like John Broz outlook on training, but its well known his guys have used dat der at least in the past. So I always think its best to take advice like that with a grain of salt.
    Total's = Jan. 2012 - 1036 @ 198's
    Jan. 2013 - 1184 @ 220's
    Jul. 2013 - 1251 @ 220's
    Jan. 2014 - 1355 @ 242's

arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) arian11 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max strict curl within two months or your family would be executed, would you strict curl once per week? Something tells me that you'd start strict curling every day. America has this mindset. Other countries do not.

One of Broz lesser known quotes...better get started Izzy.
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000) xRequiem is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If your family was captured and you were told you needed to put 100 pounds onto your max strict curl within two months or your family would be executed, would you strict curl once per week? Something tells me that you'd start strict curling every day. America has this mindset. Other countries do not.

One of Broz lesser known quotes...better get started Izzy.
    i'm pretty sure he said squats and that's the only broz quote i know
    trying to get strong again

training log
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=178444371&p=1605861201#post1605861201

For uneventful videos of me lifting
    https://www.instagram.com/jawn.mcintyre/

Originally Posted by xRequiem View Post
    Not John Broz brah, gym broz lolololol
    1372 @ 205

Boynton Barbell Center:

YouTube Channel:

cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) cactusflower has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Just a drive by, fly by hi hunny
    Journal but the 2020/2021 ed. ---> https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141049421

ROAD RACES
    Mississauga Marathon - Relay Challenge (my lap 8km) - 2015 - no time to record
    Mississauga Marathon - 10 km - 2018 - 1:20:17
    Tough Mudder (half course) - 2018 (no time to record)
    Mississauga Marathon - Half Marathon - 2018 - 2:35:01
    Toronto Women's 10km - 2019 - 1:12:14
    Lululemon Toronto Waterfront 10km - 2019 - 1:12:20

kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    John Broz?

They do seem to take a toll on me. So I wanted to get these done before my rest day. I'll go for 175 at the end of this next 6-day cycle and should have it no problem based on the last three weeks' progression.

Originally Posted by BrotherWolf View Post
    Oly lifters do enough pulling already it's not that important , however for a beginner I'm sure it wouldn't hurt
    True. I'd just like to keep it far enough above my clean pull to build strength and confidence off the ground. 175 is the threshold for an intermediate deadlift for my weight class so hopefully as of next week I won't have to be ashamed of myself anymore (depending how fast I get fat, lol).

Originally Posted by simp3204 View Post
    No balls!

I like John Broz outlook on training, but its well known his guys have used dat der at least in the past. So I always think its best to take advice like that with a grain of salt.
    True enough. Best to keep that in the back of my mind.

Originally Posted by xRequiem View Post
    You're right, but he takes that approach to the O lifts too. Not deadlifts, and he probably doesn't know what bench is, lol.

Not John Broz brah, gym broz lolololol
    Oh you

Originally Posted by cactusflower View Post
    Just a drive by, fly by hi hunny
    Hay gurl hay!!!!

Originally Posted by kingscross View Post
    John Broz?
    You disapprove I take it?

Oh, and my friday soundtrack, to share with y'all

Squat Day

Jan 25

Tried to stop obsessing over snatch form and just get it up. Felt more solid, only dropped one at 45. Trying to lock elbows out more. 50lb felt more comfortable too. Will watch video to determine how it looked.

Had no plans to try to PR the clean but 85 felt easy so I tried 90 and then of course couldn't bitch out until I hit it. Ugly as sin but I got under it and up finally. Right mid-back is still iffy so hoping I don't pay the price for that tomorrow. Also went to casually unrack it after the lift as usual and totally lost control on the way down. Lack of bumper plates may officially start becoming a problem now :/

Warmup
    half hour in infrared sauna rolling knees/ankles/feet/back, stretching hammies
    foam rolling
    lower body stretches

Snatches
    BTNPP/OH Squat and then snatch balances with 20lb bar
    hang snatches with bar
    bar x2 x15
    50 x1 x5

Clean + Jerks
    bar x5 hang clean & jerk
    55 x2 cj
    65 x2 x2 cj
    75 x2 x2
    85 x1 x4
    90 fail, fail, fail, fail, fail, x1 *PR
    65 x2 x3

ATG Front Squats
    45 x6
    55 x6
    65 x8
    85 x4 *PR
    95 x2 *bigger PR

High Bar Back Squats
    45 x8
    65 x8
    95 x8 ATG
    115 x4 shaky form
    105 x5 x2sets solid, below parallel
    85 x6 ATG
    95 x6 x2sets ATG

Barbell Hip Thrusts
    100 x12 x3sets, 1 sec pauses at lockout, holy fukk

Lower Body Rehab
    clamshells
    lying abduction

Shoulder Rehab
    band pull aparts
    btn band pull aparts
    band external rotation
    shoulder dislocations

"Cardio" & Mobility
    2 mile hill walk, rofl
    lats, upper back, chest and shoulders foam rolling

Supps
    AM: b complex, vit D, joints+, multi, milk thistle, glucosamine
    PM: fish oil, CLA, antiox, inflaheal, glucosamine

How long did that session take? Seems like a long one.

And get the whole crew and let's ask studeo 55 for a group discount haha.

They will have 8 platforms and nothing but bumper plates!

But they are closed Sundays :/ but I bet racks are always open since most people go there for crossfit and group classes.

kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kingscross has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You disapprove I take it?

I strongly disapprove of John Broz.

How long did that session take? Seems like a long one.

And get the whole crew and let's ask studeo 55 for a group discount haha.

They will have 8 platforms and nothing but bumper plates!

But they are closed Sundays :/ but I bet racks are always open since most people go there for crossfit and group classes.
    About 2 hours, not including sauna time and the walk. Most of the crew are students and we would have a hard time convincing them to pay any more than they do at the Y... but damn it is so tempting.

Originally Posted by kingscross View Post
    I strongly disapprove of John Broz.
    \_(••)_/

Jan 26

Warmup
    30 mins infrared sauna rolling out joint with stick and stretching hammies/hip flexors
    foam rolling

BTNPP/OH squat complex w/ 20lb bar

Snatches
    bar x10 hang snatch progressions
    bar x2 x1 million, trying frog jumps

Clean + Jerk
    65 x2 hurt whatever is wrong with my back right now, quit

Snatch Grip BTN Push Presses
    45 x3 x4sets
    45 x5, hard

Bench
    45 x8
    55 x8
    65 x8
    75 x6
    80 x3 x3sets

Incline DB Bench
    25 x8 x4sets, easy

Bi Curl/Tri Kickback Superset
    bi 20 x6 x4sets
    tri 15 x10 x4sets

Shoulder Rehab
    band pull aparts
    btn band pull aparts
    band external/internal rotation
    shoulder dislocations

Cardio & Mobility
    4 mile run

Supps
    AM: b complex, milk thistle, glucosamine, joint care+
    PM: fish oil, CLA, antiox, inflaheal, multi, glucosamine

Page 15 of 41 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 25 ... LastLast