CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10)

P90X or P90X2 for someone who is just getting back into workout prg?

Hey Guys,

Let me start by saying, I am no longer in great shape. I am 6'1" and about 190 with some abdominal fat (probably from poor eating and drinking beer regularly).

I know that above all else, my diet needs to be the first thing I change and am committed to do that. I am thinking about starting a program like P90X or P90X2 so that I can get back into the shape I was once in a couple of years ago.

Would you guys recommend jumping into P90X2 and going at my own pace, or buying P90X 1st and then afterwards, go into X2? I'm just debating if it is worth the money to get the original and then move into X2, or if it is a waste of money to not just buy the "latest and greatest".

My ultimate goal is to just lean out, and feel healthier. I have a gym membership at LA Fitness that I really don't use anymore because I find myself getting very bored with the same regualr cardio routines. I am trying to get into good enough shape to sign up at an MMA school so that I can find something more fun and healthy to do with my life.

Thanks in advance everyone!

JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000) JungleCat is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by CTBlack06Evo View Post
    Hey Guys,

Let me start by saying, I am no longer in great shape. I am 6'1" and about 190 with some abdominal fat (probably from poor eating and drinking beer regularly).

I know that above all else, my diet needs to be the first thing I change and am committed to do that. I am thinking about starting a program like P90X or P90X2 so that I can get back into the shape I was once in a couple of years ago.

Would you guys recommend jumping into P90X2 and going at my own pace, or buying P90X 1st and then afterwards, go into X2? I'm just debating if it is worth the money to get the original and then move into X2, or if it is a waste of money to not just buy the "latest and greatest".

My ultimate goal is to just lean out, and feel healthier. I have a gym membership at LA Fitness that I really don't use anymore because I find myself getting very bored with the same regualr cardio routines. I am trying to get into good enough shape to sign up at an MMA school so that I can find something more fun and healthy to do with my life.

Thanks in advance everyone!
    P90x is not a waste of money, neither is buying p90x2 or even buying both. Waste of money would be buying one or both and not following through.

Both are great programs.
    John Lee: www.********.com/johnleepage

Follow me on Twitter: @JohnLeeAries

Live life with purpose and pleasure will follow.

BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CTBlack06Evo View Post
    Let me start by saying, I am no longer in great shape.
    I would suggest doing P90X before P90X2.

P90X is a great program, which I have complete all 90 days of. You will get much more out of P90X2 if you are already in great condition which P90X will help accomplish. Trust me P90X will still be quite challenging!

"P90X2 is an extension of P90X" - Tony Horton

Hope this helps!
    "When God solves my problems, I have faith in his abilities. When He doesn't solve my problems, He has faith in mine."

Rep'n back every time. (100+)

Weakling [ ] --- Weak [x] --- Semi-Weak [ ] --- Average [ ] --- Semi-Strong [ ] --- Strong [ ] --- Strong(er) [ ]

Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Burt12 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    check it out should help

http://trek2befit.com/p90x2-review
    "The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent."

Bulk time

Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by JungleCat View Post
    P90x is not a waste of money, neither is buying p90x2 or even buying both. Waste of money would be buying one or both and not following through.

Both are great programs.
    This. I used to be an elitist and laugh and look down on those who did the program. Then I tried it for a week and felt dead at the end of it.

Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10) Lincecumonyou is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by BurninGoo View Post
    I would suggest doing P90X before P90X2.

P90X is a great program, which I have complete all 90 days of. You will get much more out of P90X2 if you are already in great condition which P90X will help accomplish. Trust me P90X will still be quite challenging!

"P90X2 is an extension of P90X" - Tony Horton

Hope this helps!
    Actually I'd go even further with that. If you are really out of shape start with Power 90. Then move to p90x then p90x2.

milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10) milpolice101 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Nice thread
    "Every day is an adventure, embrace it"

Force Factor Log:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=141023311&p=806982471#post806982471

CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10) CTBlack06Evo is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    So, would the general consensus be to get P90X first?

I would love to just buy X2 to save the couple hundred dollars, but is that just not a great option for me since I am no longer in good shape.

BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50) BurninGoo will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Yes, I would recommend getting P90X first. It will probably be a wake up call on your fitness level. It is only ~80-90$ on ebay if that's your thing.

Check out Burt12's like and go to "The Bad" of P90X2. I Hope that helps.

Anyway, Good Luck with you P90X/P90X2 journey!
    Last edited by BurninGoo; 01-02-2012 at 06:31 PM.
    "When God solves my problems, I have faith in his abilities. When He doesn't solve my problems, He has faith in mine."

Rep'n back every time. (100+)

Weakling [ ] --- Weak [x] --- Semi-Weak [ ] --- Average [ ] --- Semi-Strong [ ] --- Strong [ ] --- Strong(er) [ ]

golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50) golfwolf will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by BurninGoo View Post
    Yes, I would recommend getting P90X first. It will probably be a wake up call on your fitness level. It is only ~80-90$ on ebay if that's your thing.

Check out Burt12's like and go to "The Bad" of P90X2. I Hope that helps.

Anyway, Good Luck with you P90X/P90X2 journey!
    I have both programs and would recommend you start with the original P90X. P90X2 is different. I've done 5 rounds of P90X and to be honest from what I've sampled so far with P90X2, I can't imagine doing it as much. I'm a huge Beachbody and Tony fan, so it pains me to say that, but it's still early, so who knows. Maybe my opinion will change once I complete my first round.

pmuellerblue22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by golfwolf View Post
    I have both programs and would recommend you start with the original P90X. P90X2 is different. I've done 5 rounds of P90X and to be honest from what I've sampled so far with P90X2, I can't imagine doing it as much. I'm a huge Beachbody and Tony fan, so it pains me to say that, but it's still early, so who knows. Maybe my opinion will change once I complete my first round.
    I agree. I'll have to see how it goes but early into the program I am missing P90X.

misstrunchbull has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pmuellerblue22 View Post
    I agree. I'll have to see how it goes but early into the program I am missing P90X.
    You've got me worried, I'm starting P90X2 this week.. Hopefully it picks up a little further in!
    An object at rest stays at rest until acted upon by an outside force

RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10) RockWarriorX is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    P90X2 because it's the latest programme.
    #2 you should get better and up-to-date customer support from this programme.
    #3 it's likely more people are doing this programme so you can discuss about it.
    Hard work. Hard work. Hard work.

Thank you all for your input. I ordered P90X through beachbody and am looking forward to starting my body transformation.

thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) thebrenner has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I am glad you decided to go that way. Both are great programs, and if you want variety and the ability to work out at home with minimal equipment, it is definitely a great investment! Good luck with your training. Lots of info in dieting and nutrition here too.

Another note: I assume you have a black Evo IX? I have a White VIII RS . Evo props!
    never.quit.ever.