Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000) skinnycalves is a name known to all. (+5000)
    My first expenditure would be an industrial area to put my gym.

Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Thumbs up

I guess I'd have to spring for that 110 lb standard barbell set from Weider that I've always dreamed of. Oh yea, then I'd have it shipped to my private island retreat that I bought with the rest of the money!

Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50) Riggaman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Crush505 View Post
    I guess I'd have to spring for that 110 lb standard barbell set from Weider that I've always dreamed of. Oh yea, then I'd have it shipped to my private island retreat that I bought with the rest of the money!
    While that is funny, I'm not sure how many private island retreats can be had for only 1 million dollars.

Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Crush505 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Riggaman View Post
    While that is funny, I'm not sure how many private island retreats can be had for only 1 million dollars.
    It may have to be a real tiny one! But hey worth a shot! Besides after I finally get my Weider 110 lb. set that only leaves 999,871.00 and some change.

dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) dparty82 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrHolman View Post
    ummm off the top of my head

squat rack with a ton of storage weight bars and pull up bars, every kind of bar that westside barbell sells

about 5,000 pounds of olympic free weights so i dont have to change weights too often, a bench with decline, flat and incline settings, heavy duty one

a boxing bag, reflex bag thingy, speed bag

a jump rope for indoors and one for outdoors

some mats for the floor

a good recumbant bike, a good eliptical, a good treadmill that goes up high

one of those big cable crossover things with stacks that go up high with the lat pulldown and row stations on it

some good gloves and some good belts in many sizes so anyone that comes over can workout

some jump boxes for plyometrics

an adjustable height squat box

one of those electric muscle stimulator thingies, one of the good ones, dont know if id use it but itd be fun to convince my lazy friends that its how im getting my results then electrocute the hell out of em lol

bar holder to keep all the barbells up off the ground

dumbells ranging from like 10 to 200 in pairs and the racks that goes along the wall to put them on

captains of crush grippers, all of em

some of those big lego block pads or whatever there called that you connect together so i dont messup the floor

bunch of chains from very light to very heavy

resistance bands from lightest to heaviest

some of those tall plastic mirrors

a bunch of bright ceiling light

big ass sound system that gets loud

refrigerator with at least 100 pounds of resistance springs in place to keep all weaklings out of my chit lol, no seriously, a big fridge with all kinda fruits, veggies and meals already prepared and a microwave so i could much whenever, bunch of whey n supps to

cinderblocks, never can have enough of those

boxing gloves and wrist wraps, gloves in all sizes

jacuzzi and wet and dry sauna

i could keep going but i will stop there
    THIS!! Thanks for the time that you spent writing this so I didn't have to

wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000) wolfdragon is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by animalfan View Post
    i'd buy:

-one of the hundreds of empty buildings in my area (closed businesses) to put my gym
    equipment in
    -ivanko revolver plates because i could afford them
    -ivanko bumper plates and bar
    -texas power bar, texas squat bar, texas deadlift bar
    -more chains
    -elitefts bench rack
    -2" manilla rope
    -elitefts belt squat machine
    -elitefts pulldown with stack
    -elitefts low row with stack
    -i'd pay someone to move all my gym stuff out of the basement of my house
    -i'd spend the rest on paying my debt, buying a new house, and a cadillac cts-v. black with a 6 speed manual trans
    Pretty much agree. I'd build a separate building by my house for the gym though. I'd buy enough land to build my house on and gym that I'd have woods for hiking, a swimming pool and a basketball court for cardio. I'd swap the cadillac for a 72 Javelin.

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by dparty82 View Post
    THIS!! Thanks for the time that you spent writing this so I didn't have to
    didnt take long, i drool about this stuff so often it spewed right out lol, im about 1/4 of the way there now

yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) yankeemarko1 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by thedickus View Post
    A million bucks in Montana would probably buy you the hottest woman in the state. Tiger's got close to a billion and he could only get a Perkins waitress in Florida.
    Actually, I believe he got 13 or 14 Perkins waitresses. That's a much better return on investment. He probably gets free Everything Omelets too...
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No.19

Proud Owner of an Irish Tan

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hahahaha^^^

@animalfan dunno man, rope climbing is hard for me now, I can only do one pull up right now

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Hmmm.... Unlike the real estate speculators and the human slavery comments, I will partake in this exercise.

First, I would duplicate Mark Twight's Gym Jones facility for the bodyweight and awesome functional/crossfit style work...

Then I would take cues from the top NFL and D1 NCAA strength and conditioning facilities with power racks, and Olympic lifting capabilities.
    (the Seattle Seahawks facility was linked around here recently)

Basically, this means that Hammer Strength, EliteFTS and comparable suppliers would see some healthy orders...

I would go to Parillo and open up the plans for the various items he has offered in years' past and convince spool up production to build me a lot of his unique and detailed versions of common machines. His Belt Squat, incline utility benches, I like his T-bar row (shown in a recent thread).

I would have top of the line LifeFitness or StarTrac treadmills, ellipticals, etc.

Dual Concept2 rowers, with the cool slider accessory so the rowers move and the users stay stationary like a real rowing team.

I would have my vintage gold Schwinn AirDyne (with chrome air deflector fender) sent in for a tuneup by one of my buddy's cycle shop gurus.... The wheel could be trued and the spokes could be tightened up a touch, not to mention repacking the hub and the bottom bracket... It should last another 25+ years!!

I would seek out a Schwinn WindJammer, or another one of those cycle-style trainers intended for rehabbing arms and shoulders (I think Cybex may have made a nicer version?).... I would think that the MMA and boxing guys would be all over these to build incredible upper body stamina, but surprisingly they are not at this point.

With this budget, I could actually afford the Ivanko dumbbells that I like... oh, and I could actually buy a pair of each size of the good kettlebells!!

Ivanko bumpers for use on the olympic lift platforms....

A Mil budget means I can have a decent sized private lap pool... I would love to be able to swim nice long laps without going to the Y or the swim club where kids may think a whale was struggling in the pool.

And since recovery is important, a trainer style whirlpool, ice bath, and massage table (complete with a scheduled massage therapist session after the trainers are done whipping me)

Also, VitaMix blenders, and a glass door fridge stocked with fresh fruits, nuts, berries, lean free range meats, line caught fish, and other whole foods. Again, a PhD level nutritionist and personal chef would be scheduled to haggle out how to select the ingredients, then prepare the best implementation of those ingredients to get the nutrients in me with a gourmand flair.

Then, I want a combination of Joe Rogan's sensory deprivation isolation chamber and the hyperbaric chamber like Floyd Landis used... I want to relax and de-stress the central nervous system I just taxed while having my cells recharged in a hyper-oxygen environment.

That should do it.

A first-class bodyweight/functional training facility, a first-class powerlifting/Olympic lifting facility, some of the finest bodybuilding machines ever dreamed of by Parillo, first-class cardio machinery, a first-class private pool, and a first-class recovery and nutrition facility.

It's that simple.
    Last edited by FatGymRat; 02-20-2010 at 01:14 AM.
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

Originally Posted by FatGymRat View Post
    Hmmm.... Unlike the real estate speculators and the human slavery comments, I will partake in this exercise.

First, I would duplicate Mark Twight's Gym Jones facility for the bodyweight and awesome functional/crossfit style work...

Then I would take cues from the top NFL and D1 NCAA strength and conditioning facilities with power racks, and Olympic lifting capabilities.
    (the Seattle Seahawks facility was linked around here recently)

Basically, this means that Hammer Strength, EliteFTS and comparable suppliers would see some healthy orders...

I would go to Parillo and open up the plans for the various items he has offered in years' past and convince spool up production to build me a lot of his unique and detailed versions of common machines. His Belt Squat, incline utility benches, I like his T-bar row (shown in a recent thread).

I would have top of the line LifeFitness or StarTrac treadmills, ellipticals, etc.

Dual Concept2 rowers, with the cool slider accessory so the rowers move and the users stay stationary like a real rowing team.

I would have my vintage gold Schwinn AirDyne (with chrome air deflector fender) sent in for a tuneup by one of my buddy's cycle shop gurus.... The wheel could be trued and the spokes could be tightened up a touch, not to mention repacking the hub and the bottom bracket... It should last another 25+ years!!

I would seek out a Schwinn WindJammer, or another one of those cycle-style trainers intended for rehabbing arms and shoulders (I think Cybex may have made a nicer version?).... I would think that the MMA and boxing guys would be all over these to build incredible upper body stamina, but surprisingly they are not at this point.

With this budget, I could actually afford the Ivanko dumbbells that I like... oh, and I could actually buy a pair of each size of the good kettlebells!!

Ivanko bumpers for use on the olympic lift platforms....

A Mil budget means I can have a decent sized private lap pool... I would love to be able to swim nice long laps without going to the Y or the swim club where kids may think a whale was struggling in the pool.

And since recovery is important, a trainer style whirlpool, ice bath, and massage table (complete with a scheduled massage therapist session after the trainers are done whipping me)

Also, VitaMix blenders, and a glass door fridge stocked with fresh fruits, nuts, berries, lean free range meats, line caught fish, and other whole foods. Again, a PhD level nutritionist and personal chef would be scheduled to haggle out how to select the ingredients, then prepare the best implementation of those ingredients to get the nutrients in me with a gourmand flair.

Then, I want a combination of Joe Rogan's sensory deprivation isolation chamber and the hyperbaric chamber like Floyd Landis used... I want to relax and de-stress the central nervous system I just taxed while having my cells recharged in a hyper-oxygen environment.

That should do it.

A first-class bodyweight/functional training facility, a first-class powerlifting/Olympic lifting facility, some of the finest bodybuilding machines ever dreamed of by Parillo, first-class cardio machinery, a first-class private pool, and a first-class recovery and nutrition facility.

It's that simple.
    Nice, got several new things to look up

FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FatGymRat is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by MrHolman View Post
    Nice, got several new things to look up
    Originally Posted by FatGymRat View Post
    This is the Schwinn...

==============

VitaMix blenders
    Someday, I want a VitaMix XL
    http://www.vitamix.com/xl/video.html

2 gallon blender with a 4.2 hp motor.

==============

I want a combination of Joe Rogan's sensory deprivation isolation chamber and the hyperbaric chamber like Floyd Landis used... I want to relax and de-stress the central nervous system I just taxed while having my cells recharged in a hyper-oxygen environment.
    Here is the Rogan tank described.
    http://www.youtube.com/thefloatlab#p/a/f/2/h7tq0IwPao0
    "I am only one man, but I am a strong man."
    -FGR 2010.

You don't want the following day's local newspaper headline to be "Dumbass dies on an AirDyne".
    -weisgarb 2013

"Word of warning to whom it may concern: Picking up a 226lb atlas stone and putting it in your car's trunk is easy compared to getting it out of said trunk."
    -Xephonics, 2010

pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) pedodio has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    IF......... it would be NUTRITION if I want to be like this MAN

Amazing Seriously!!!

**** WOW!!!

youtube.com/watch?v=-0yauyyv534

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    jacob's ladder, a small infinite wave indoor pool (so i can just do laps against the incoming current), and a room dedicated entirely as a infrared sauna. that would be quite the power bill but i'd also invest near a stream where i can harness hydroelectric and have enough solar panels to sell back to the grid . everyone's pretty much said everything else i want .

PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Uhhh... if I had a million dollars to spend on workout equipment... I'd buy a house with three levels (a basement, a main level, and upstairs). I'd put the gym in the basement and have a theatre room next to it. I'd make sure I have 24' x 24' to work with approximately (give or take a few feet).

So basically at this point I've invested money in a house with that million dollars, so this whole idea gets out of hand. But that's where I'd want my gym, and I'd need to use the million dollars to do it.

Then with the remaining let's say $50,000-$100,000+ (depending on how much I spent on the whole house) I'd put in rubber flooring in most of the workout area, I'd have a sumo squatting rack as well as a full proper squatting rack, I'd have a collection of bars of various brands and makes, I'd have a cylindrical-ended urethane coated dumbbell set from 5 to 160 pounds in 5 pound increments up to 100 then 10 pounds the rest of the way. I'd have quite a few machines. I'd have two treadmills side-by-side, a bicycle, one of those magnetic bicycle trainers that you can put your real bicycle on, and that's about it for cardio (wouldn't want a rower or any of the other cardio things).

I mean... it's not even fun when there's no realistic budget. $1,000,000 is way too much just for a personal gym. It's more fun when you have a budget.

Like any form of collecting, you have to be limited in some way. A collection costs something, whether it be time, money, effort over time, etc. In the case of gym equipment, the fun that goes into it (aside from physical gains and growing with your equipment) is the money-constraints. Of course people would love unlimited money, but then there wouldn't be that limitation which makes it a collection. There'd be no effort in searching for Craigslist deals, picking which things you need first, waiting to order that special next thing, and so on. If you had that kind of money, you'd be one-and-done. There wouldn't be much time to appreciate every individual piece as it enters your collection, as it'd all come all at once.

Anyway, that's the way I view it. I look at my gym as just a tool that I enjoy having around. But what makes it really fun is the collecting part.

I feel like I'm not articulating myself perfectly here (kind-of trying to hit the mark and getting a little off), but I hope that makes enough sense.

I'll end with this though: I'd much rather have tons of money and get everything I want. I'd still appreciate the stuff, and I'd still look at it as a collection. Despite having tons of money, I'd probably add to and change the collection as I grow with it, and as my needs/wants change (or as new things come to the market). I don't prefer being limited in money and space. But I do live in the real world, and I do have limitations, and looking at it positively, I do enjoy those limitations in the way they make me appreciate what I have.
    Last edited by PaulWog; 10-20-2011 at 09:17 PM.

TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PaulWog View Post
    Uhhh... if I had a million dollars to spend on workout equipment... I'd buy a house with three levels (a basement, a main level, and upstairs). I'd put the gym in the basement and have a theatre room next to it. I'd make sure I have 24' x 24' to work with approximately (give or take a few feet).

So basically at this point I've invested money in a house with that million dollars, so this whole idea gets out of hand. But that's where I'd want my gym, and I'd need to use the million dollars to do it.

Then with the remaining let's say $50,000-$100,000+ (depending on how much I spent on the whole house) I'd put in rubber flooring in most of the workout area, I'd have a sumo squatting rack as well as a full proper squatting rack, I'd have a collection of bars of various brands and makes, I'd have a cylindrical-ended urethane coated dumbbell set from 5 to 160 pounds in 5 pound increments up to 100 then 10 pounds the rest of the way. I'd have quite a few machines. I'd have two treadmills side-by-side, a bicycle, one of those magnetic bicycle trainers that you can put your real bicycle on, and that's about it for cardio (wouldn't want a rower or any of the other cardio things).

I mean... it's not even fun when there's no realistic budget. $1,000,000 is way too much just for a personal gym. It's more fun when you have a budget.

Like any form of collecting, you have to be limited in some way. A collection costs something, whether it be time, money, effort over time, etc. In the case of gym equipment, the fun that goes into it (aside from physical gains and growing with your equipment) is the money-constraints. Of course people would love unlimited money, but then there wouldn't be that limitation which makes it a collection. There'd be no effort in searching for Craigslist deals, picking which things you need first, waiting to order that special next thing, and so on. If you had that kind of money, you'd be one-and-done. There wouldn't be much time to appreciate every individual piece as it enters your collection.

Anyway, that's the way I view it. I look at my gym as just a tool that I enjoy having around. But what makes it really fun is the collecting part.

I feel like I'm not articulating myself perfectly here (kind-of trying to hit the mark and getting a little off), but I hope that makes enough sense.
    ya i see what your saying. take in mind this was a few years ago and i realize i asked pretty stupid questions back then and now realize I myself probablly wouldnt even spend a million dollars on workout equip. that would be just outrageous but id definitely have fun with it and have the random things i never would touch just like all people with mad amounts of money do. (not bashing anyone that does)

PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50) PaulWog will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by TapouT11 View Post
    ya i see what your saying. take in mind this was a few years ago and i realize i asked pretty stupid questions back then and now realize I myself probablly wouldnt even spend a million dollars on workout equip. that would be just outrageous but id definitely have fun with it and have the random things i never would touch just like all people with mad amounts of money do. (not bashing anyone that does)
    Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy threads like these. It allows me to go off on a tangent and have fun with it. I can't get enough of talking about home gyms... I could get to be verrrryyyy annoying if I made a thread for every idea I wanted to talk about! I also didn't realize this was a dug-up old thread.

I think honestly in real life, though, I may end up spending $50,000 on workout equipment over the span of my life, if it makes sense (speaking about being in the kind of health to be able to continue); right now my only issue is a problematic left shoulder which so far one physiotherapist couldn't do jack all for (trying to get a scan on it). Anyway...

I'd say something that would be more fun would be to say you aren't worrying about the amount of space, and you have nothing to start with... and your budget is $5000... and you absolutely cannot spend another dime in the next 10 years, save for $1000 in replacement funds which is set aside incase something breaks. That makes it more fun if we're talking about what-would-you-get-if-you-had-x-dollars threads. That's my opinion.

TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) TapouT11 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by PaulWog View Post
    Oh don't get me wrong, I enjoy threads like these. It allows me to go off on a tangent and have fun with it. I can't get enough of talking about home gyms... I could get to be verrrryyyy annoying if I made a thread for every idea I wanted to talk about! I also didn't realize this was a dug-up old thread.

I think honestly in real life, though, I may end up spending $50,000 on workout equipment over the span of my life, if it makes sense (speaking about being in the kind of health to be able to continue); right now my only issue is a problematic left shoulder which so far one physiotherapist couldn't do jack all for (trying to get a scan on it). Anyway...

I'd say something that would be more fun would be to say you aren't worrying about the amount of space, and you have nothing to start with... and your budget is $5000... and you absolutely cannot spend another dime in the next 10 years, save for $1000 in replacement funds which is set aside incase something breaks. That makes it more fun if we're talking about what-would-you-get-if-you-had-x-dollars threads. That's my opinion.
    not sure if first part was sarcasm..

edit:nvm lol my fault. yeah 1million is a bit to spend on workout equip. unless you invest in a gym or buy a franchise and then buy/add/improve workout equip.

Originally Posted by TapouT11 View Post
    not sure if first part was sarcasm..
    I'm being quite literal, no sarcasm / hidden meaning or anything like that.

Squating in the curl rack OutKlast's Avatar
    OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000) OutKlast is just really nice. (+1000)
    Kind of a stupid idea. 1 million is way more then you need for a home gym.

So, I would say I wouldn't buy a damn thing. I'd hire the staff necessary to build one off machines built specifically for my physiology and preferences.

GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) GymPowerMan has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    simple
    machines: Hammer Strength, Life fitness
    dumbbells, plates, bars: Ivanko, Eleiko
    accessories: sorinex, elitefts
    aerobic: life fitness, Star trek

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    A boflex, a thigh master, and one of those electric ab belt gizmos.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    This would be my first purchase.

http://www.samsonequipment.com/index.html

Home gym 'til I die. ProtienandIron's Avatar
    ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ProtienandIron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Power rack, bench, texas power bar and plates.

...and then I would fly the guy off Orange County Choppers over to the UK to give all my equipment a custom paint job.
    My training log:
    ---------------
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=153596291&p=1062453741#post1062453741

[]---[] Equipment Crew #43 []---[]
    -!!!---!!!- No Excuses Homemade Equipment Crew #1 -!!!---!!!-
    ()---() York Barbell Club #4 ()---()

daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) daniel327 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I would purchase a pair of spectacles so I could read that this thread is so old that the original purchasing power of $1M is now equivalent to the purchase price of a pair of spectacles.

ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000) ajsat23 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by daniel327 View Post
    I would purchase a pair of spectacles so I could read that this thread is so old that the original purchasing power of $1M is now equivalent to the purchase price of a pair of spectacles.
    A million dollars isn't cool, you know what's cool? A billion dollars.

Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10) Agoodbody is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ajsat23 View Post
    A million dollars isn't cool, you know what's cool? A billion dollars.
    Be like Donald Trump. ALPHA

My second purchase would be this ...

http://www.endlesspools.com/

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    $1,000,000? You don't need that much. At most, maybe $100,000 and then hire staff.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~