Registered User onlkedonkeykong's Avatar
    onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) onlkedonkeykong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Post amenorrhea weight gain :(

My periods stopped for 2 years after i ceased taking the contraceptive pill. My doctor thought it was because my weight was on the lower end of healthy (although i explained to her that i'd always been around that weight and never had problems) and suggested i gain weight. I weighed about 56-57kg at the time (i'm 170cm) and intentionally gained a little weight so i was abt 59kg. This didnt help but for some reason i continued to gain weight (no over eating..just training and eating the same way i always had)

After almost 2 years i had acupuncture and a month or so later my periods returned (don't know if this was related to acupuncture or just a coincidence). I've had them fairly regularly for the last 5 or so months and have continued to gain weight, now weighing 65kg. I had a blood test recently to check my hormone levels and fasting glucose as my Dr thought i may be insulin resistant, but all came back normal.

I don't know what to do..i want to get back to about 57-59kg but it won't budge
    It all seems a bit strange that it happened at once.

I'm considering going back on the contraceptive pill to see if that helps (b/c i suppose the weight gain, as well as the amenorrhea, started around the time i stopped taking it) but my Dr said that if i take it again, it will probably delay my periods when i come off it..which could be a problem if i decide to fall pregnant as well as increase my risk of osteoporosis..

Has anyone had experience with this or have any suggestions?
    Thanks in advance

CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CATRACCOM is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Maybe try some hormone balancing supps. Vitex, fish oils, dong quai, black cohosh....etc. It can take quite some time to normalize after coming off the pill. It can also take some time for herbal remedies to work. You might ask your acupuncturist if they have any remedies.

MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MsDesi has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by CATRACCOM View Post
    Maybe try some hormone balancing supps. Vitex, fish oils, dong quai, black cohosh....etc. It can take quite some time to normalize after coming off the pill. It can also take some time for herbal remedies to work. You might ask your acupuncturist if they have any remedies.

I advocate Vitex and DIM... both are great for helping with cycles. Accupuncture definitely does help. I was doing it for a while and it made my cycles eventually textbook...
    Trauma survivor and women's advocate since 2007.