Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    deadlemonz1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Supplements gone wrong?

Hi, I'm a former fatty that dropped 60 lbs and then started going to the gym and I decided to add supplements to aid with my workouts. I started out with only Whey Protein (EAS) when I was only half dedicated to fitness a little over a year ago and I noticed a little bit of improvement. Then I got serious last December and bought a tub of IntraVol because I didn't bother doing product research...needless to say IntraVol made me put on about 10-20 lbs of basically useless weight. After my IntraVol was all used up I started to get excessive with Supplements and my stack turned into:

Morning:
    Multi Vitamin
    Fish Oil
    MP Combat Powder 1 serving (as dietary sup)

Pre:
    White Flood 1 serving
    + 1780mg Beta Alanine and 220mg L-Histidine (SciFit Beta Alanine 2k Powder)

Intra:
    IntraBolic 1 serving (and sometimes a half serving of Beta Alanine Powder)

Muscletech 100% whey powder (I know its garbage I bought it when I got the IntraVol)

Night:
    MP Combat Powder 1 serving (as dietary sup)
    Beta Alanine Powder 1 serving

One day I realized I had plateaued for a very long time and my cardio dropped from 6 miles at 7MPH to 2 miles at 7MPH (near the same weight). Also I was unable to do as many pullups as I once had and the straw that broke the camel's back was when I played a soccer game just recently I ran out of energy in just 10 minutes (and I even took white flood beforehand!). I decided that I was going to cut off from all my supplements except for vitimins and protein so I could focus on my cardio and lose weight to improve my cardio again but then I noticed something shocking...by the third day back at the gym, I was not only able to run farther, but I COULD EVEN LIFT MORE THAN WHEN I WAS ON THE SUPS. Its been about 2 weeks now and I've seen steady improvement in both my cardio and my lifting (ex: running from 2 mi to 3 mi and pullups from 10 to 17 AT THE SAME BODY WEIGHT). In fact the only negative effect that dropping my supplements I've experienced is that I have less pump at the gym and I have the feeling of less energy to workout (even though I always end up working out harder for longer).

I'm feeling a whole lot of butthurt right now to be honest and I'm kind of ticked that this is happening. What I'm really hoping is that only one of my supps is negatively impacting the rest and ruining the benefits of the others (if I had to guess I'd say it was the of Beta-Alanine Powder) so if you guys see something that's wrong with my stack NOT BRANDS that would be the culprit I'd gladly throw a parade in your honor.

zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50) zwyxel will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by deadlemonz1 View Post
    In fact the only negative effect that dropping my supplements I've experienced is that I have less pump at the gym and I have the feeling of less energy to workout (even though I always end up working out harder for longer).
    You will feel like this, if you stop taking PWO.

Yeah I know why it feels like I have no energy, but that's not the confusing part to me, the part that confuses me is the performance and endurance increase while maintaining the same weight.

Anyone figure it out yet?

I'm thinking it might either be the Beta Alanine or my using IntraBolic as opposed to water???

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Correlation isn't causation. None of those supps would make you feel that way.

Originally Posted by spiderman997 View Post
    Correlation isn't causation. None of those supps would make you feel that way.
    but due to my supplement usage being the only major variable that would have affected my ability to workout, it seems likely that my decreased performance is due to a bad reaction to one or more of the products.

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    lol
    PM me for workout advice Ladies
    * Conservative Crew *
    ❤King Brady Bearer of the 6 Rings Crew❤
    BvB
    *Bigger chest than female miscers Crew*
    *Team Putin*

AndrewSheets has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndrewSheets has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by jbball92 View Post
    lol
    Bro, all you need is Whey Protein, creatine mono, a pre workout and a a multi.

AndrewSheets has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) AndrewSheets has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    All you need is Whey protein, creatine mono, a pre-workout and a multi.
    You're just wasting you're money man.

Originally Posted by AndrewSheets View Post
    I hate creatine, the price of Beta-Alanine is negligible and I need casin to get my 40-40-20. Without my 2 a day casin I can't get near enough protein (I'm at school and I have very little control over my own diet).

NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000) NamelessMuffin is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^ This.

Originally Posted by NamelessMuffin View Post
    ^^ This.
    Its not a waste of money if it improves my workout even in the smallest way; I figured out the problems and I'm back on my supplements...First I was overdosing on Beta-Alanine and taking it at night reduced its effectiveness. Second, my cardio decreased because I was dehydrated due to my only consuming small amounts of IntraBolic while lifting before I ran which was remedied by drinking IntraBolic AND water while lifting. Thanks to the last 2 guys for not even attempting to help.

spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000) spiderman997 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Its not a waste of money if it improves my workout even in the smallest way; I figured out the problems and I'm back on my supplements...First I was overdosing on Beta-Alanine and taking it at night reduced its effectiveness. Second, my cardio decreased because I was dehydrated due to my only consuming small amounts of IntraBolic while lifting before I ran which was remedied by drinking IntraBolic AND water while lifting. Thanks to the last 2 guys for not even attempting to help.

Not sure how in the fuark we were supposed to know you were dehydrated. You just listed a bunch of supplements and put the blame on them and then got pissed at us for being unable to help.

Originally Posted by spiderman997 View Post
    Not sure how in the fuark we were supposed to know you were dehydrated. You just listed a bunch of supplements and put the blame on them and then got pissed at us for being unable to help.
    Not hating on you, you gave me a legitimate response. I just don't like when people like tweedle dee and dumb think they have the golden key to workout supplements and try to shove it down your throat.

jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) jbball92 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Not hating on you, you gave me a legitimate response. I just don't like when people like tweedle dee and dumb think they have the golden key to workout supplements and try to shove it down your throat.
    strong post to username
    * Conservative Crew *
    BvB
    *Team Putin*

strong post to username
    I can't help but feel you're just trying to boost your post count.

Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Pdaris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You probably just needed a couple days rest.

Originally Posted by Pdaris View Post
    You probably just needed a couple days rest.
    I didn't rest physically but taking a break from my supplements could have possibly been the catalyst that helped me break out of my plateau...Thanks I'll have to remember that if this happens again lol

NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000) NoneShallPass is just really nice. (+1000)
    Orly? You NEED all that? The only supplement I take is Whey Protein..

Realistically you don't NEED any supplements. Just eat food, lift, sleep. Lol @ wasting so much on supplements.

Originally Posted by NoneShallPass View Post
    Orly? You NEED all that? The only supplement I take is Whey Protein..

Realistically you don't NEED any supplements. Just eat food, lift, sleep. Lol @ wasting so much on supplements.
    It costs me far less than a meal a day and it replaces a meal. I'm not wasting anything.

NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10) NightcoreStyle is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Why do you think you are half dedicated if you don't use supplements? Or expensive supliments?

Food>supplements

mtornatore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) mtornatore has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i mean honestly, a during workout supp is pushing it. the best thing to have while lifting is water. and supps arent for everyone, you cant expect someone with any credible knowledge on here to tell you something youre takin is wrong, you gotta figure out what works for you. its different for everyone. really the only thing useful from this site is figuring out what supplements do, not if theyll work specifically for you

Originally Posted by mtornatore View Post
    i mean honestly, a during workout supp is pushing it. the best thing to have while lifting is water. and supps arent for everyone, you cant expect someone with any credible knowledge on here to tell you something youre takin is wrong, you gotta figure out what works for you. its different for everyone. really the only thing useful from this site is figuring out what supplements do, not if theyll work specifically for you
    I figured it out myself, I was just looking for ideas. I'm with you on the intra-workout thing now, I'm only using water now and I'm using the last of my IntraBolic for post workout amino recovery until its all used up.

MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50) MMAgrappler7 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    If i was a girl, i would get pregnant as many times as possible, then have abortions after the third month of being pregnant so i would deliver a potato sized 1/3 developed dead fetus, then i would take the fetus, put it in a jar of preservative liquid and put it on a shelf in a secret room in my house, and i would do it until i had so many that the rooms walls were nothing but potato sized aborted fetuses, then i would have a kid and when they're bad i would make them sit in the fetus room.

Originally Posted by MMAgrappler7 View Post
    If i was a girl, i would get pregnant as many times as possible, then have abortions after the third month of being pregnant so i would deliver a potato sized 1/3 developed dead fetus, then i would take the fetus, put it in a jar of preservative liquid and put it on a shelf in a secret room in my house, and i would do it until i had so many that the rooms walls were nothing but potato sized aborted fetuses, then i would have a kid and when they're bad i would make them sit in the fetus room.
    A little off topic but I lol'd.

respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50) respare will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    all that changed was your mentality, you believed that it was the supps that were causing you to have bad workouts. so you stopped taking them so you now believe that you should be able to train better, and you did.

sorry to burst your bubble but its all in your head.

now take your ass down the gym and squat till you feel like being sick

I can't help but feel you're just trying to boost your post count.
    lmao

you fukked up, wasted your money, and you want to blame the supps for your problems.

thats what the problem is.

/thread
    * Conservative Crew *
    BvB
    *Team Putin*

lmao

you fukked up, wasted your money, and you want to blame the supps for your problems.

thats what the problem is.

/thread
    Except...they are working again and you don't read, but feel free to end the thread superman.

xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000) xpin2winx is a name known to all. (+5000)
    actually you dont need any of that. There are supplements that work like creatine and caffeine. But you dont need them. Fit your micro and macro nutrient goal for the day and you will be golden. I wish i could go back in time and convince myself this because i would be so much richer. I spent alot of my hard earned cash on **** that wasnt needed.

the reason you feel like you have less energy is probably a slight caffeine withdrawal and a placebo effect.