psychraider has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

body builder with cerbral palsy

I am new here and just wanted to introduce myself. I was born fairly early and diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy. As I am approaching my mid twenties I am finding it harder to walk and am loosing some mobility. The Pain is pretty bad as well however I think lifting weights over the years has both helped and hurt. Psychologically it has helped tremendously but physically it's been some sort of hell (But no pain no gain right?)

Thanks for the time guys and allowing me to vent a bit. I do love to work out and plan to keeping doing so.

LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) LJocci has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?

Registered User transformerchad's Avatar
    transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000) transformerchad is just really nice. (+1000)
    keep it up buddy very inspiring ... no pain , no gain yes to a certain extent , DONT hurt yourself
    you doing great

Originally Posted by LJocci View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what do you do for a living?
    I am working on my bachelor's degree in psychology.

billyd82 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    You are an inspiration for your positive attitude. My son has Cerebral Palsy also. He can't workout, but he can do many other things that keeps him busy. Good luck with your studies also. Check in every so often. You inspire me to do better. Take care.
    The seeker of physical improvement will improve to the degree he applies himself!

Originally Posted by billyd82 View Post
    You are an inspiration for your positive attitude. My son has Cerebral Palsy also. He can't workout, but he can do many other things that keeps him busy. Good luck with your studies also. Check in every so often. You inspire me to do better. Take care.
    Thanks man I appreciate the support. Sorry to hear about your son. What is the extent of his CP if you don't mind me asking? (message me if you like). Due to the pain and stiffness I am not really sure If I will be able to walk in 10 years but I am fighting it or trying to. I know there is also a lot of surgeries and physical therapy that can help correct the muscle contractures. Could your son possibly work with light weights? I know I have read some recent studies about Parkinson's patients doing light weights to decrease the muscle spasticity.

ImBigzZ has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Inspiration. That's what you are bro, getting in the gym going hard and even through the pain and still keeping up the positive attitude. You have just done a great service by taking away another excuse someone can use for not being the best they can. I hope all will work out for you in keeping the reps coming well into the future, and best of luck with your academics, psychology is interesting but a brain buster at times.

thanks man. Way I see it is if I do end up in a wheel chair well then that's why they have wheel chair body building. However, the point of the gym is trying to keep myself from that point. I am having some issues with my fine motor skills.. anyone know of any good workouts/therapies for improving fine motor skills?

Originally Posted by ImBigzZ View Post
    Inspiration. That's what you are bro, getting in the gym going hard and even through the pain and still keeping up the positive attitude. You have just done a great service by taking away another excuse someone can use for not being the best they can. I hope all will work out for you in keeping the reps coming well into the future, and best of luck with your academics, psychology is interesting but a brain buster at times.