Dcole420son has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Angry Right side of body just wont gain muscle

hey guys i've been lifting for about 5 months now and it seems that on the left side of my sternum the bone is pushed out a little more than my right making the pec muscle look almost 1 inch larger and leaving the inner part of my right pec flat and undeveloped. Also after every workout my left side seems to gain mass and get sore as my right side doesnt swell or gain any mass, there is also a chunk in my right pec that is "missing" its just flat and doesnt contract when i flex. HELP!!!

Originally Posted by Dcole420son View Post
    hey guys i've been lifting for about 5 months now and it seems that on the left side of my sternum the bone is pushed out a little more than my right making the pec muscle look almost 1 inch larger and leaving the inner part of my right pec flat and undeveloped. Also after every workout my left side seems to gain mass and get sore as my right side doesnt swell or gain any mass, there is also a chunk in my right pec that is "missing" its just flat and doesnt contract when i flex. HELP!!!
    I even tried doing one armed DB flyes with my right arm and after about 10 minutes it feels as if i did not work it out at all. The weird thing is when i do the single arm flyes with my right arm, i fell as if ive worked out with my left pec, shoulder etc..

ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    I would like to see pictures but it sounds like you have a bad case of genetics buddy.

Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I cant imagine what your problem is exactly. However even before I stared one of my pecs stood out further than the other. If you go to my pics and look closely you can see that my right pec sticks out further than my left. Both before and after starting working out. I'm not sure if you have the same problem, but keep working out and the more you build your chest the less noticeable it will become. Some people recommend the use of dumbells in place of the barbell for chest exercises as well.

Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jameshill has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by ericd8 View Post
    I would like to see pictures but it sounds like you have a bad case of genetics buddy.
    If you are healthy and able to workout consistently your genetics are fine. Everyone starts somewhere.. Keep working out and most of your physical flaws will fade in time.

ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000) ericd8 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Jameshill View Post
    If you are healthy and able to workout consistently your genetics are fine. Everyone starts somewhere.. Keep working out and most of your physical flaws will fade in time.
    Wrong. If you have the genetics to be a female, you won't have nearly as much test. You can't get as swole as a male BBer naturally. Also, tell me that this guy has perfect genetics http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pectus_carinatum I can guarantee you Ronnie Coleman has freak genetics compared to you. You can't help it.

NulleryDrummerB12 iLiftNoodBrah's Avatar
    iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250) iLiftNoodBrah has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    ITT: Eric owns
    Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=136864013&highlight=wumbology

405x1/235x1/405x3

yeah man i dont really know whats wrong with it. Some days the right pec is a little closer to being even but its just no where near as big. Im really annoyed by it and it constantly stresses me out. Im pretty sure i dont have the genetics to be a female tho.

MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000)
    Your just starting out, lots of people have the problem, it'll fix it self as time goes on. IF anything focus on your form, and maybe use DBs to help.

yeah I've been using DB'S lately and they give me a good pump but the left side always gets more of a workout

Any advice on a workout routine?

Should I post a couple pictures?

Originally Posted by MistuuhMitch View Post
    Your just starting out, lots of people have the problem, it'll fix it self as time goes on. IF anything focus on your form, and maybe use DBs to help.
    Any advice on a routine?

MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000) MistuuhMitch is just really nice. (+1000)
    Any advice on a routine?
    for your stats, Do Starting strength or All pros's beginner split.

google them and research until you think you know what your doing

for your stats, Do Starting strength or All pros's beginner split.

google them and research until you think you know what your doing
    Ive researched a ton of information about lifting, gaining muscle, nutrition, etc..

IM just looking for a routine that helps build some good muscle mass

Should I post a couple pictures?
    Well yeah if you want. If it is a muscle size problem, it should balance itself out as long as you're getting the full range of motion with both arms. If it's anything at all like that one medical condition I posted.. the solution might get a little bit more complex. I never had any muscle imbalance problems personally because I started by doing a ton of pushups/pullups/situps months before I started bodybuilding, but back in the day I remember my right bicep being a lot bigger than my left.

Ive researched a ton of information about lifting, gaining muscle, nutrition, etc..

IM just looking for a routine that helps build some good muscle mass
    If youve learned so much why havent you put it too good use then ?

Routine to build mass.. If you're still newish to lifting and want to jump right into a mass routine, put together a four day split. Sunday will be chest day, Monday will be arm day, Wednesday will be back day, friday will be leg day. Start chest day with a 4x8 on bench press, and follow up with more chest pressing motions and fly motions in the 10 rep range. Same with wednesday, only with deadlifts/rack pulls (I'd recommend deadlifts) and barbell rows (or similar, I always liked dumbbell rows but I exceeded my gym's dumbbell potential). And leg day, do a 4x8 with squats, a 4x8 with hamstring curl, and then do 10 reps of other leg exercises like extensions, lunges, etc.

4x8 will help build both size and strength, and 10 rep sets will help ensure hypertrophy (necessary for mass development).

for arm day.. just go ham on barbell curls, skullcrushers, etc. Play around with different rep ranges, arms respond to a lot from my experience.

Remember that 6-8 rep ranges are for size and strength, 3-5 rep ranges are for strength, and 8-12 rep ranges are primarily for hypertrophy (mass). Focus your main days around the major compounds (squat, bench, dead [or rack pull if you don't want to put excess strain on your lower back])

Eat a lot, sleep, repeat. I could go into more detail but I don't wanna shove a ton of nutritional stuff in your face right now.

If youve learned so much why havent you put it too good use then ?
    i have put it to use. Like i said, my left side is developing perfectly, even tho im right handed, my right side is lacking in every muscle group. MY right side just WONT grow. My arms are almost even but everything else is uneven.

its as if my right pec isnt totally there, if u understand what i mean. it just doesnt get stimulated enough when i work out, even if i do a couple extra reps on DB bench just with the right arm

GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10) GarBrah is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    haha OP i have the same exact problem with my chest

my left pec is nice and full. right pec is just so ****ed up. chunks misisng here and there, loose skin, gyno, diff shape. when i do chest i feel it in my left pec, barely in my right, although both get pumped. when my right pec is pumped i cant even flex it. its just soft as hell

i figure right is just smaller than my left, so getting bigger should do the trick. eventually itll get to the point where the difference isnt noticeable.

good luck

Originally Posted by GarBrah View Post
    haha OP i have the same exact problem with my chest

my left pec is nice and full. right pec is just so ****ed up. chunks misisng here and there, loose skin, gyno, diff shape. when i do chest i feel it in my left pec, barely in my right, although both get pumped. when my right pec is pumped i cant even flex it. its just soft as hell

i figure right is just smaller than my left, so getting bigger should do the trick. eventually itll get to the point where the difference isnt noticeable.

good luck
    nice to know im not the only one haha. Just wish I had a name for what ever this is, ya know?

seda22 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nice to know im not the only one haha. Just wish I had a name for what ever this is, ya know?
    It may be a mild form of what is called Poland Syndrome, check it out on Wikipedia or other anatomy / physiology websites. My right pec is undeveloped too, while my left pec gains more mass. I have a routine that works to make both pecs puff out at the same time, but it does not work every time as the human body is temperamental and everyone's body responds a little differently. I start out doing push ups with a very wide arm stance with legs close together to work the outer part of the pecs, about 50 good push ups, don't do them fast or sloppy. After that I go immediately into some dumbell pec flies lying on the floor, and then immediately after that I go right into bench press, not inclined or declined but flat level. Use a middle range amount of weight, not your max. You may see both pecs puff out nice and pretty close to even after this, but of course this is only temporary as they will shrink bank to normal again. But over time this will very gradually help build mass on both sides. After the bench press you may want to do another set of wide arm stance push ups.

I still have not perfected this to work everytime because this workout causes my right AC joint, between the acromion and clavicle bones in my right shoulder, to become very sore. To remedy this, between the floor pec flies and bench press I have started doing bench dumbbell pullovers which stretches out the chest and also works out the triceps. Unfortunately this also takes away some of the puffiness of flexion that I was getting after the workout.

On another note, I like to go kayaking. By coincidence, a couple of times when I had gone kayaking at a near by lake in the morning and did this chest workout in the afternoon I had tremedously great results. I had never seen my pecs look that good in my life. Of course this was right after the workout and they did shrink back, but if I could do this repeatedly perhaps in time I could gain significant results. Maybe the answer could be to get a rowing machine and use that in the morning and then do my chest workout in the afternoon.

Some of these ideas may seem strange but I like to think outside the box and experiment with what may or may not work.

MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    I have the same issue. My left side develops, but my right side doesnt. I'm having medical tests done now, because there are issues causing this. My right side (arm, chest, leg) always feel weak, heavy, limp, dead sometimes. This started a year ago.

You may not have a medical condition, but if your body feel good to go, then I would work through it. A good friend of mine had the same issue. However, he worked through it and is a beast now, can't even tell there ever was a difference.
    "You'll always get what you've always got if you always think the way you've always thought"

"A man convinced by force is still unconvinced"

MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) MiamiUDude has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Update

Doc says I may have multiple sclerosis. this condition attacks the substance surrounding nerves, and sometimes those nerves control muscle tissue, so inevitably the end result of MS can be some muscle not receiving the signal from the brain to "work," thus the muscle not growing & looking "flatter" than the other pec. hope this is not you. just what my doctor told me.
    "You'll always get what you've always got if you always think the way you've always thought"

"A man convinced by force is still unconvinced"

jonescraig4 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Same problem

I'm pretty symmetric unroll it comes to my chest my left side is gaining so much more than right and iv been doing single dumbbell and fly and that seems to be helping but it kills your one shoulder