trueinthegame has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

3 Months of working out hard... NO RESULTS

I'm extremely discouraged right now.

I'm 6'2" and weigh approximately 260 lbs. I've been working out for about 3 months now and I have nothing to show for it.

The thing is, I feel healthier. I can run faster for longer periods of time. Before, I couldn't jog 6mph for even 20 minutes, now I can do over 6.5mph for 30 minutes. I can lift more (for example, my curl is up from 40 to 45 at 3 sets with 10 reps). But I haven't gotten any skinnier. The pants that I'm using to measure my progress still fit the same.

My initial routine consisted of Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays of 20-30 minutes of weights followed by 20 min treadmill and 20 min elliptical. Tuesday and Thursday I did 30 min treadmill followed by 30 min elliptical.

I thought I hit a plateau so I altered my workout a few weeks ago. I increased my lift, intensified my treadmill routine, and added the stairclimber. Here it is:

Monday: Biceps, Triceps (20-30 min)/20 minutes treadmill alternating 1 min at 8mph and 1min at 5mph/ 20 minutes stair climber

Tuesday: 30 minutes jogging first 10-15 minutes at 7mph, remaining at 6.5mph/ 20 min stair climber/ 10 min elliptical

Wednesday: Chest, Shoulders (20-30 min)/ 20 minutes jogging alternating 1 min at 8mph and 1min at 5mph/ 20 minutes stair climber

Thursday: 30 minutes jogging first 10-15 minutes at 7mph, remaining at 6.5mph/ 20 min stair climber/ 10 min elliptical

Friday: 20 min treadmill 6.5mph/ 10 min elliptical/ Legs, Back (20-30 min)

-----------------

Now, for the diet. My options are limited because I'm currently unemployed.

Breakfast: 1 cup Oatmeal w/ strawberries

Lunch: Ham Sandwich w/ cheese on 100% whole grain bread

Snack: Apple

Other meal: Depends (usually high in protein)... sometimes I don't eat this meal

Dinner: Whatever Mom cooks (examples: brown rice, pasta, turkey burger, chicken sandwiches, etc.). I usually have vegetables too (peas, green beans, or beans)

I don't know if I'm eating enough. I'm usually out for the whole day as I go to study right after leaving the gym. I actually pack my sandwich and apple. Carbs might be an issue, but honestly I think i'm within my carb limit.

-------------------

I don't know what the issue is. I get 6-8 hours of sleep each night. It could be carbs or not eating enough calories, but I don't think i'm eating unhealthy. I usually have one cheat meal each week. I know it usually takes a while to see results, but I thought I would've seen SOMETHING by now. The thing is I feel healthier, I have more endurance for cardio, I can lift more... but my waist is the same. I don't see any physical change.

I'm just so frustrated right now. Any input?

startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) startingtotrain has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by trueinthegame View Post

I'm 6'2" and weigh approximately 260 lbs. I've been working out for about 3 months now and I have nothing to show for it.

The thing is, I feel healthier. I can run faster for longer periods of time. Before, I couldn't jog 6mph for even 20 minutes, now I can do over 6.5mph for 30 minutes. I can lift more (for example, my curl is up from 40 to 45 at 3 sets with 10 reps). But I haven't gotten any skinnier. The pants that I'm using to measure my progress still fit the same.

My initial routine consisted of Mondays Wednesdays and Fridays of 20-30 minutes of weights followed by 20 min treadmill and 20 min elliptical. Tuesday and Thursday I did 30 min treadmill followed by 30 min elliptical.

I thought I hit a plateau so I altered my workout a few weeks ago. I increased my lift, intensified my treadmill routine, and added the stairclimber. Here it is:

Monday: Biceps, Triceps (20-30 min)/20 minutes treadmill alternating 1 min at 8mph and 1min at 5mph/ 20 minutes stair climber

Tuesday: 30 minutes jogging first 10-15 minutes at 7mph, remaining at 6.5mph/ 20 min stair climber/ 10 min elliptical

Wednesday: Chest, Shoulders (20-30 min)/ 20 minutes jogging alternating 1 min at 8mph and 1min at 5mph/ 20 minutes stair climber

Thursday: 30 minutes jogging first 10-15 minutes at 7mph, remaining at 6.5mph/ 20 min stair climber/ 10 min elliptical

-----------------

Other meal: Depends (usually high in protein)... sometimes I don't eat this meal

Dinner: Whatever Mom cooks (examples: brown rice, pasta, turkey burger, chicken sandwiches, etc.). I usually have vegetables too (peas, green beans, or beans)

I don't know if I'm eating enough. I'm usually out for the whole day as I go to study right after leaving the gym. I actually pack my sandwich and apple. Carbs might be an issue, but honestly I think i'm within my carb limit.

-------------------

I don't know what the issue is. I get 6-8 hours of sleep each night. It could be carbs or not eating enough calories, but I don't think i'm eating unhealthy. I usually have one cheat meal each week. I know it usually takes a while to see results, but I thought I would've seen SOMETHING by now. The thing is I feel healthier, I have more endurance for cardio, I can lift more... but my waist is the same. I don't see any physical change.

you must must must count calories. no way around it. you need to find an online bmr caculator, and then use the harris-benedict method( it will be on the same page) to figure out an estimate of your daily caloric expenditure.

do cardio in the morning and weight training in the afternoon. working ur muscles to failure, completely depleting them, and then doing an hour of cardio isnt a good idea.

keep in mind that you increased strength/cardiovascular conditioning so the last 3 months weren't a waste.

aim for 1 serving of veggies per meal (minimum), ATLEAST 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, healthy fats (avocado, natural pb, olives, olive oil, nuts).

good luck let me know if you have questions

also: you could workout until you're blue and eat brown rice and chicken breast until you puke. the only, ONLY factor to losing bodyfat is calories in vs calories out. if you are eating more than you are burning you are not going to lose fat.

rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Count your calories and adjust. Above poster gives general info, however, it's 1g of protein per LBM not overall weight. Also cardio is fine and helps you create a bigger deficit. I was in the gym 2.5hrs a day doing 1.5hrs of high resistance cardio every day of the week for nearly a year, I just made sure to compensate by eating more protein.
    When everyone else has quit because they can't go on are you willing to push yourself to the next level?

If you ain't breaking a sweat, you ain't doing sh....

Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Birddog6424 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Gotta agree with the above poster. I think there is a problem somewhere in your diet. You need to nail down your caloric intake and see where it should be in order to drop fat.

I disagree only with one statement from above. Multiple studies show that cardio after weightlifting targets fat. Lifting uses most of or depletes your glycogen stores, forcing your body to burn fat for energy when you hop on the cardio machine.
    Semper Fidelis

Registered User trance__dreamer's Avatar
    trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) trance__dreamer is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Thumbs up

calorie count, dude.

Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000) Kenshinhimora is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Birddog6424 View Post
    Gotta agree with the above poster. I think there is a problem somewhere in your diet. You need to nail down your caloric intake and see where it should be in order to drop fat.

I disagree only with one statement from above. Multiple studies show that cardio after weightlifting targets fat. Lifting uses most of or depletes your glycogen stores, forcing your body to burn fat for energy when you hop on the cardio machine.
    agreed, cardio after lifting.
    My weightloss / body composition guide:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1d4mKi51EUUWQOUKz43QtAHrL8KUtwB9P-idTay597oc/pub

8/26/12-5/4/13 cut in my bodyspace

Thanks for the advice everyone. I have another question...

I used an online BMR Calculator as suggested. Here's what I got:

BMR: 2448.8
    Calories (to maintain weight): 3795.64

So would eating around 2,800 - 3,000 calories be along with my current level of physical activity be good for weight loss?

rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10) rel83 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

So would eating around 2,800 - 3,000 calories be along with my current level of physical activity be good for weight loss?
    Those calculators can be off since everyone is different. Best advice is to pick something(let's say 2,600) stick with it for a couple of weeks and weigh yourself. If you haven't lost then reduce it some more and stick with it for another couple of weeks. Time and trial and error will be how you will find out what works for you.
    When everyone else has quit because they can't go on are you willing to push yourself to the next level?

If you ain't breaking a sweat, you ain't doing sh....

chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10) chrisau is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Try around that and see how you go. If you're losing 1-2lb/week keep it where it is.

If you stay around the same drop it by another 10%.

If you're losing weight too fast (more than 2lb) could possibly increase calories slightly.

Re-evaluate after each week or 2.

SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100) SPEEED is not very well liked. (-100)
    If you worked your ass off for 3 months and see no results, that means you're doing something wrong in the 'cuisine' dept....

BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) BunkMoreland has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    eyeing down correct portions without counting only works for a small % of people (thankfully im one of them). you're more than likely eating more than you think you are
    "lady who goes fishing with men, comes back with red snapper" ~ Walt Whitman, 1986

★★ Blast it With Piss Crew ★★

♋ Mods close my wat do threads Crew ♋

nuthin but a gbone thang gbone74's Avatar
    gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000) gbone74 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by SPEEED View Post
    If you worked your ass off for 3 months and see no results, that means you're doing something wrong in the 'cuisine' dept....
    agreed,even with no exercise at all a decent diet on its own would yield very noticable results in 3 months.

You need to count calories exactly for a while a few hundred calories here and there is the difference between success and failure,once you learn exact portions no need to count everything for ever just till you get used to it.3 months working out in vain is a kick in the balls
    You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

David Brent: 'If you want the rainbow, you got to put up with the rain'. Do you know which philosopher
    said that? Dolly Parton. And people say she's just a big pair of tits.

4th jun 2008-342lbs
    21st may 2009-186lbs

CRP4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRP4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRP4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRP4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRP4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRP4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRP4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) CRP4321 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

It takes lots of calories to get big and lots of calories to stay big

drink 2 big glasses of water before dinner, use small plates, eat slow, don't be afraid to not clean your plate!

You can eat good all day and then have a 1000+ calorie dinner and ruin your day.

You can eat a cheat meal 2000+ calories and ruin your week.

If you drink cola, drink diet instead.

don't drink too many protein shakes if you drink them.

after gaining control over the above I'm down 35 pounds in 4 months. Even when missing workouts I still lose weight so I think it's all about diet and I think cardio/weights are all about feeling good which is why I try to do all of it.

Decide to do it and you will.

toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000) toddmclain02 is just really nice. (+1000)
    +1 to the calorie count.

If you didn't already know a 1lb of fat equals aprox 3500 calories. Simple math would be take your RMR - lbs fat you want to burn no more than 2lbs - 7,000 calories. You need to have a deficet of 1000 cals a day. Plain and simple IF YOU COUNT... and only if you count. Like the above poster said, everyone is different so monitor weight loss to find close calorie intake needs...
    Starting Weight 255lbs. 2/1/2011
    Best weight so far 187lbs 5/1/2012 - Then got a hot gf a boat and gained fat lol...
    Starting again for the finish line of 180lbs - 11/1/2012 @ 201lbs

msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000) msm00b is a name known to all. (+5000)

Looks like you have more than "nothing" to show for it.

If weight loss is what you're primarily going for ... your diet is what you've gotta focus on cleaning up.

PS: try adding more cardio to your routine (outside ... not on the treadmill) to help establish a greater deficit. Otherwise keep pounding away at it. Lift hard, do your cardio, and cut back on the calories.

lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50) lateralus87 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I wouldnt put any faith into the activity modifiers those sites apply to your BMR. Any site telling you to maintain at almost 4k calories should be taken with a grain of salt. Although everyone is different and you will have to learn your own body, I think something closer to 2500ish calories is a reasonable place to start for a bigger guy on a cut. I started at 270 and lost all the weight to where I am now by shooting for 2k-2.5k every day while slowly increasing my cardio time/intensity.
    ^^^()()GERMANIC CREW()()^^^

"Suffer the pain of discipline or suffer the pain of regret."

Spiral out, keep going...

Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Stu. has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have been dieting for the last few weeks, and 2,300 is the calories I aim for daily.
    If you look in my signature, you will see my weight loss. About 2 lbs a week I'm losing so will keep it at that for a while.

Good luck!
    BLUE TEAM

Good News!

I still haven't seen results, but the scale FINALLY moved.

I weighed myself this morning and I've lost 2 lbs!

I started keeping a journal and watching what I eat more closely. Cut my calories down to around 2500/day.

Now all I need to do is keep it up.

Thanks for the help everyone!

Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000) Dexter3000 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Abs are made in the kitchen bro
    Iron, sometimes it sets my teeth on edge, other times it helps me control the chaos.

++ Positivity Crew ++

dragondude222 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by startingtotrain View Post
    you must must must count calories. no way around it. you need to find an online bmr caculator, and then use the harris-benedict method( it will be on the same page) to figure out an estimate of your daily caloric expenditure.

do cardio in the morning and weight training in the afternoon. working ur muscles to failure, completely depleting them, and then doing an hour of cardio isnt a good idea.

keep in mind that you increased strength/cardiovascular conditioning so the last 3 months weren't a waste.

aim for 1 serving of veggies per meal (minimum), ATLEAST 1 gram of protein per pound of body weight, healthy fats (avocado, natural pb, olives, olive oil, nuts).

good luck let me know if you have questions

also: you could workout until you're blue and eat brown rice and chicken breast until you puke. the only, ONLY factor to losing bodyfat is calories in vs calories out. if you are eating more than you are burning you are not going to lose fat.
    If you body only burns 500 calories a day, that can be a problem. the solution is to get your body to burn more so you won't go hungry. my theory is if your body had a certain diet year after year. the new diet might take time before it starts to feed muscle. your metabolism is based on what you did to your body the last year or something like that. Ive only started eating enough good fats this year. I struggle to put on muscle and my body doesnt burn much at all. I know this has to do with low testosterone. I also had to increase the duration of my exercises and rest more to get more stimulation. I have too much soft muscle tissue.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) DyingAtheist is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Dexter3000 View Post
    Abs are made in the kitchen bro
    Take this and make it your mantra.
    IIFYM

Start Weight : 300
    Goal Weight : 200
    Aug/Sep Motivation Thread: 262 | 260.8 | 258.8 | 257.2 | 255 | 264.5 | 256.3 | 254.4

Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Benz1990 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    drop your calorie intake by another 500 and see how that goes

ehbautista has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

-----------------

-------------------

I've seen lots of good answers here before mine. Your choices sound good, best thing is you have to count the calories like others have said.

hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) hardyboysare has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Tempooo View Post
    I work out twice a week and I have a plan that covers most of the muscle groups. I know that twice isn’t enough but I’m adding a third day now and so I’ll really cover everything every week.
    Now the fact twice a week wasn’t enough still doesn’t mean it was useless but yet I don’t see any significant gains.
    About 4 months ago I weighed 57 and now I weigh almost 60 kg (180 cm tall), not a huge change. I can see more definition in my muscles but still a very poor improvement.. I ate about 2500 calories a day for most of this period but I changed it to 2800 now because it feels like I don’t gain almost anything. 100+ grams of protein a day.
    Anyone maybe has an idea why I gain so poorly?
    Thank you.
    Start your own thread this one is long dead.

DeanP1093 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hello
    New to this and don’t know how to navigate this site yet or if anyone will even receive but here it goes
    I am 49 years old 6’4” and 300 lbs.On June 19 2019 I joined PF with my youngest son (14) because I am out of shape or fat and my little guy is always concerned about dads health. I work construction so sometimes I have really long days and eating 5-6 times a day is almost impossible. I wish I could have the luxury of an office or building to eat at but most times I am happy if the 100 degree sun hasn’t melted my lunchbox
    Anyway I have been lifting hard 3 times a week with the exception of a week vacation late July and I am discouraged with no results
    I have looked up my calories for the day and even downloaded an app to track
    It says 2600 calories a day and I set the parameters to be 45%protein 35%carbs and 20% fats
    This way it would keep me trying to get 1gram protein per pound of body weight.
    I barely meet half of it.How the freak can I get 300 grams of protein a day without going broke on Whey shakes(which I do add to my diet)?
    I come in about 2200avg calories for the day.
    Again as I said I have a big belly so should I still be consuming more than my daily?
    My goal is to get big
    I hated lifting at first but now I’m really enjoying it because I know it’s healthy and best of all it’s giving me some lasting memories with my best buddy before he becomes a man and doesn’t need dad as much anymore
    Could someone please assist?
    I really do appreciate it and thank you