cheq12 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How long does it take to become ketogenic on a CKD diet

Hey Guys

4th day of zero complex Carbs, only Carb source is through fibrous veg and nuts however i tested negative on my first ketostix test, i know there not 100% accurate but do any of you have any tips/advise?

I was planning to start my Carb up tomorrow afternoon however I'm now a little worried.

Its not like i haven't trained either, in fact if anything I've pushed myself harder this week than normal.

Chasing cats since 1967 WonderPug's Avatar
    WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) WonderPug has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by cheq12 View Post
    4th day of zero complex Carbs, only Carb source is through fibrous veg and nuts
    I'm confused. You say you're eating "zero complex carbs", but you list foods you eat that contain complex carbs.

pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pretend is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The recommendation is 2-3 weeks before starting the weekly carb-ups. Also, the Ketostix may test low if you drink a lot of water, diluting the ketones. No big deal.

Have a read through this guide: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=132598293 (also note Keto has it's own sub-forum)

The section in there on induction seems to work reliably:

3D. How to Enter Ketosis Quickly, Easily, and Reliably

Here is a full-proof method to enter ketosis:

Day 1:

- Do not eat anything after 6 p.m.

Day 2:

- Wake up and perform HIIT or intense conditioning/weight training on an empty stomach

- Begin a strict ketogenic diet with 0-2% of calories attributed to carbohydrates

Day 3:

- Wake up and perform HIIT or intense conditioning/weight training on an empty stomach

- Begin a normal ketogenic diet with 5% of calories attributed to carbohydrates.

If not already, you will soon be in ketosis in a short matter of time.