Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Registered User bbbbbbbbbbbbben's Avatar
    bbbbbbbbbbbbben has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

biceps and back? same day?

hey guys i was wondering if biceps and back should be on the same day because i do that. if it is not a good idea here is my split and please change it up to ur desire.

MONDAY: rest
    TUESDAY: chest tri
    WEDNESDAY: biceps back abs
    THURSDAY: shoulder trap legs
    FRIDAY: biceps back abs
    SATURDAY:chest tris
    SUNDAY: shoulder trap legs

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I always do back and biceps on the same day, works well and makes sense.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50) jorgerod will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Ironlife View Post
    Totally Agree, THat is the basis for Push/Pull workouts, WHen you hit your back you are already using Biceps so If you do 3 Back exercises you already pre exhausted your Bi and then all you need is 3 good Bicep exercises and you have a great workout for the Biceps. This has worked for me to great results, Chest/Tri same day(Mon,Thu), Back/Bi/Legs other day(Tue,Fri)

Jorge

Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Lencho has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    For me, triceps after chest started to suck. I now prefer chest/biceps, back/triceps.
    Here Lies the Rant
    2005 - 2015

Negs from 1938-1945

-lenco

Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jharmes5 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    When I do back, I start off with exercises that target the back the most (deadlifts, wide grip pull ups). Towards the end of the workout I start doing exercises that incorporate biceps more into the mix (hammer grip pull ups, supine grip lat pulldowns). This way when I am done my back and biceps are both hit pretty good.

keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000) keys_10 is just really nice. (+1000)
    ^^^^This^^^^

Gpow3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gpow3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gpow3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gpow3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gpow3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gpow3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gpow3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Gpow3r has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It just made more sense to me to do

Chest, Core

Arms (Bi's and Tri's, Forarms)

Back, shoulder, Traps

Legs, Core, Forearms

Cardio

Rest.

Rest

its what i started doing and it just makes more sense to me so im not running around the weight room benching then curling, especially since my gym is sooooo croweded its insane.

Here_2_Help has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Lencho View Post
    For me, triceps after chest started to suck. I now prefer chest/biceps, back/triceps.
    Agreed, I prefer that split personally. I usually do triceps on separate days though.

i used to do that but then i changed it up after i realized working out my back worked out my biceps as well...IDK this is confusing hahahah

Chupacabra Supreme! Big_Carphuna's Avatar
    Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Big_Carphuna is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Realistically, it should be on the same day as many of your back exercises involve your biceps too.
    However, by the time I was getting to my bi's (isolation at the end), I was not really able to hit them with as much weight as I'd like.
    So now I've added a seperate arm day on friday (push on Mon, pull on Tues), due to my lagging arms. It seems to have helped me as now I can move more weight with my arm isolations...

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I never do back and biceps on the same day anymore. What's the point if your biceps are already fatigued during your back exercises? I prefer an indirect frequency 4-day split. Here's an example:

Monday: Back/Traps
    Tuesday: Shoulders/Tris
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Chest/Biceps

This way your hitting most muscles twice a week in an idirect sort of manner. This way you get a little more frequency for your muscles.

kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000) kenonator is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Can't give the bi's the attention they need after I crush my back. I tried doing them on the same day at one point but stopped when I realized my biceps were not growing.

TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000) TheBroBrah is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by kenonator View Post
    Can't give the bi's the attention they need after I crush my back. I tried doing them on the same day at one point but stopped when I realized my biceps were not growing.
    Exactly the same thing happened to me. Had pretty good triceps and no biceps. Kinda looks silly, powerlifters arms sorta look like that since they don't do much for their biceps. But they are still beasts.

Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10) Traug is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    why not just hit your back on one day and re-emphasize your bis on an opposite day in the week to ensure enough rest?
    ...to die is simply to end the cycle of pain

Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Ironlife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kenonator View Post
    Fair enough but did it occur to you that the reason you biceps are so wrecked from working your back, was because your biceps were major synergists and got an already solid workload?

In addition to that; you can then do what you can with the bicep movements and really tear them. So this means by the end not only have you used biceps for synergists and secondary muscles during the back session but you have now finished them off totally with training biceps directly.. imo there is nothing comparable.
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ''Bro, get yourself under control lol next thing we know Illy is gonna be 175 lbs, addicted to coke, involved in gang activity, and with a 365 max deadlift... ''-Blizzard589
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Fair enough but did it occur to you that the reason you biceps are so wrecked from working your back, was because your biceps were major synergists and got an already solid workload?

In addition to that; you can then do what you can with the bicep movements and really tear them. So this means by the end not only have you used biceps for synergists and secondary muscles during the back session but you have now finished them off totally with training biceps directly.. imo there is nothing comparable.
    usually do this myself, back first then finish off whats left of biceps.

Originally Posted by DaDeadLift View Post
    usually do this myself, back first then finish off whats left of biceps.
    It makes sense doesnt it?
    ~~~~~~~~~~
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~

highlightstick has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by TheBroBrah View Post
    I never do back and biceps on the same day anymore. What's the point if your biceps are already fatigued during your back exercises? I prefer an indirect frequency 4-day split. Here's an example:

Monday: Back/Traps
    Tuesday: Shoulders/Tris
    Wednesday: Off
    Thursday: Legs
    Friday: Chest/Biceps

This way your hitting most muscles twice a week in an idirect sort of manner. This way you get a little more frequency for your muscles.
    Same thing for me. I have tried many ways and this works best for me.

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I've always hit my bis and tris on their own day. I would rather hit them fresh than try and work them after a hard back or chest workout.

Tues: Chest
    Wed: Quads/hams
    Thurs: Back
    Fri: Shoulders
    Sat: Calves
    Sun: Bis/tris

DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) DaDeadLift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    It makes sense doesnt it?
    Yea, I mean you might as well finish what you started O_O

ChrisCuts has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I usually do triceps and biceps the same day and do back and chest the same day..It's whatever works for you

joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10) joenj07087 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ChrisCuts View Post
    I usually do triceps and biceps the same day and do back and chest the same day..It's whatever works for you

the above is me also..for the longest time been doing that too

chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) chocolatemilk is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    back and tris chest and bis if you want to make better progress makes more sense to do it this way

PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50) PuffinMyLye will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Most people won't get the best out of their biceps workout if they train them after back since they will most certainly be fatigued from your back workout. My split is as follows and it works great for me:

Mon: Chest/Biceps
    Tue: Legs/Abs
    Wed: Off
    Thur: Shoulders/Triceps
    Fri: Back/Abs
    Sat: Off
    Sun: Off

Originally Posted by ChrisCuts View Post
    just curious but, if u work ur triceps and bis on monday and then work your chest and back on tuesday, how would that work out because doesnt working out ur chest involve triceps and wouldnt ur triceps be sore from working them out the previous day?

Benching freight trains HotGhettoMess's Avatar
    HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50) HotGhettoMess will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by bbbbbbbbbbbbben View Post
    just curious but, if u work ur triceps and bis on monday and then work your chest and back on tuesday, how would that work out because doesnt working out ur chest involve triceps and wouldnt ur triceps be sore from working them out the previous day?
    Then in that case, do the back/chest day first, and either rest the following day (or work on legs), and then get to your biceps/triceps on the next day.

timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500) timhet is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    All valid points, but I think it depends on whether any bodyparts are lagging. If you have small biceps, then do them on a separate day. In my case, my biceps have always been in proportion with the rest of my body so I just do one, maybe two exercises after I've done my back.
    Instagram:
    https://www.instagram.com/timothyjay_fitness/

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Me too.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

Squats do a body good! musicianman's Avatar
    musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000) musicianman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by bbbbbbbbbbbbben View Post
    hey guys i was wondering if biceps and back should be on the same day because i do that. if it is not a good idea here is my split and please change it up to ur desire.

TUESDAY: chest tri
    WEDNESDAY: biceps back abs
    THURSDAY: shoulder trap legs
    SATURDAY:chest tris
    What's up with this volume, though?

Friday is unnecessary and isn't giving you enough time to recover, and Sunday is too... Do something more like this:

TUESDAY: chest bis
    WEDNESDAY: rest
    THURSDAY: shoulder traps
    SATURDAY: rest

Or, considering you're 135 pounds and a beginner, pick something up like starting strength if you want to make huge strength and size gains.
    Training, philosophy, nutrition and biomedical discussion (2.0): http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=146797403

Video log:
    www.YouTube.com/Frootlups

Wintersole has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I used to do the back/bi's split as well. I don't do that anymore. After a hard back day my bi's weren't really getting any additional benefit. I have a separate day now to kind of top my arms off later in the week and it works well for me but naturally won't work that way for all.