Page 33 of 183 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast
    Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by HairyScandinavian View Post
    Sounds like a lot of work. I just wiggle a groove into the sand next to my truck and wait for the screaming drag of the shark rods to go off. I even make my own sand pillow if I need to.
    Ice fishing is one of those things where you have moments of completely busting your ass and freezing your hands, followed my long stretches of sitting on your ass tipping back a cold one.

The thing that's nice for me as the guy with the full size truck who's always the transportation, is that when we stay on the lake, I get to have drinks with everyone else.
    6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz Nainoa has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    lots of seafoam talk lately
    LOL... It's actually my wife's favorite shirt now!

She gets home from work and she's always wearing either that shirt, or the fuzzy black and blue micro fleece she gave me 3 christmas's back.

The speculation is that my wife is probably going to go into labor closer to 37 weeks than 40. The baby has already been turned head down for the past 2 weeks now and her lungs are showing the kind of activity you normally see in a baby that's 2-3 weeks more developed, while at the same time not showing signs of distress.

That's one of the hidden blessings in gestational diabetes is that they monitor the baby so closely, we get weekly updates and bio physical profiles.

My prediction is that she'll come on Valentines day... This will really doom some future husband to decades of double elaborate Valentines Day celebrations!

6'4"

"There are only two mistakes one can make along the road to truth: not going all the way, and not starting." The Buddha

Registered User HairyScandinavian's Avatar
    HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Nainoa View Post
    LOL... It's actually my wife's favorite shirt now!

She gets home from work and she's always wearing either that shirt, or the fuzzy black and blue micro fleece she gave me 3 christmas's back.

The speculation is that my wife is probably going to go into labor closer to 37 weeks than 40. The baby has already been turned head down for the past 2 weeks now and her lungs are showing the kind of activity you normally see in a baby that's 2-3 weeks more developed, while at the same time not showing signs of distress.

That's one of the hidden blessings in gestational diabetes is that they monitor the baby so closely, we get weekly updates and bio physical profiles.

My prediction is that she'll come on Valentines day... This will really doom some future husband to decades of double elaborate Valentines Day celebrations!

My mother was born on Valentine's Day.

My mother was born on Valentine's Day.
    My Mom was born on Mother's Day... My Dad was Born on Father's day... So we always did a double celebration at those times each year.

So now it will be fitting if my daughter is born on Valentines day... So with a little luck we can just have the kid party each year and then I just give my wife some flowers!

6'4"

GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) GREENFEATHER has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Must be nice. All my old buddies are crackheads now.
    Most of mine are dead. Out of 169 that graduated there are 81 0f us left.

Sounds like a lot of work. I just wiggle a groove into the sand next to my truck and wait for the screaming drag of the shark rods to go off. I even make my own sand pillow if I need to.
    I approve of this. And it reminds me that I need to get the 12/0 out and respool it, das not gonna be cheap.

HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) HairyScandinavian has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post

I approve of this. And it reminds me that I need to get the 12/0 out and respool it, das not gonna be cheap.
    3lb spool of 80lb Cajun line will fill it up, $50.

Dammit, now my 3 year old Lab just had a grand mal seizure.

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by GREENFEATHER View Post
    Not too shabby, considering you graduated in what, 1932 or something?
    Bravery and stupidity are often synonymous. So are cowardice and intelligence.

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    sorry to hear that, I have a jack russell and she used to have seizure a lot but the vet says its kinda normal and it does not affect the dog like us but I was still worried she was acting like she had vertigo for a day or so but came around just fine.

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    haha
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

My "Guess" (Just from my years working a part time job for a vet when I was a kid) is that he had a Petit Mal Seizure, brought on by the stress in the changes of house hold, with the recent loss of his pack mate.

While these sorts of seizures are never something to dismiss, I wouldn't wring your hands with worry until/unless he has another one... In which case it is for sure a Grand Mal Seizure...

What did the Vet say?
    6'4"

Originally Posted by lhprop1 View Post
    My uncle was born in 1932
    6'4"

My "Guess" (Just from my years working a part time job for a vet when I was a kid) is that he had a Petit Mal Seizure, brought on by the stress in the changes of house hold, with the recent loss of his pack mate.

While these sorts of seizures are never something to dismiss, I wouldn't wring your hands with worry until/unless he has another one... In which case it is for sure a Grand Mal Seizure...

What did the Vet say?
    Vet hasn't seen her yet but she's fine so I'm sure they'll do a bunch of tests. That seizure was pretty damn spooky, went through the classic sequence of events all the way to full lockup and back to normal. Probably half hour until back to normal and just panting hard. 3.5 years old now and this is the first one so I'm hoping it's an isolated event. This dog is a very nervous personality for a lab, she's super hyper and attached to us like glue. Took her 3 days to start chewing the rawhide bones after putting the old dog down. She would just pickup and carry them around the yard and put them down in the areas where her and the old dog would bask in the sun and lick the rawhide to death.

Vet hasn't seen her yet but she's fine so I'm sure they'll do a bunch of tests. That seizure was pretty damn spooky, went through the classic sequence of events all the way to full lockup and back to normal. Probably half hour until back to normal and just panting hard. 3.5 years old now and this is the first one so I'm hoping it's an isolated event. This dog is a very nervous personality for a lab, she's super hyper and attached to us like glue. Took her 3 days to start chewing the rawhide bones after putting the old dog down. She would just pickup and carry them around the yard and put them down in the areas where her and the old dog would bask in the sun and lick the rawhide to death.
    Yeah I would guess it's stress related, especially if the dog is already high strung.

If she's going to have a second one at any time soon (Next couple of days) and it is Grand Mal, they almost always come when the dog will be winding down for a nap.

Back when I worked for the vet, if someone brought in a dog that had experienced a serious seizure issue and the vet suggested we observe the dog overnight/for a few days. The vet would scratch the rest of my silly little labor tasks for that afternoon, and I'd be put back in the kennels to clean and organize and most importantly watch that dog.

And of course a dog has that moment of separation anxiety, no master in a new place brings their nerves up... And then wind down for the nap and 70% of the time, a Dog that had Grand Mal from epilepsy would go into convulsions.

Then I'd run and get the vet like I'd done something to get a gold star by my name etc... So I could get out of shoveling poop and piss and get back to mowing or cleaning windows or whatever.
    6'4"

Thx for the heads up. She loves to sleep in the laundry room so that's where I put her last night, but I'll bring her up to bed with us for a few days and see how it goes.

Thx for the heads up. She loves to sleep in the laundry room so that's where I put her last night, but I'll bring her up to bed with us for a few days and see how it goes.
    Double edged sword there...

If it is just a stress related event, the more of her usual routine she has the better. It's her pack mate being gone that is essentially throwing off her routine.

Now if it's a semi-regular thing that you take her up with you, then it's all good. But if she's only slept in the bedroom once or twice in her life, then I'd let her stick to her routine.

I always have 2 cats, and even though most of the time they fight like siblings, whenever one dies the other goes through a stressed out transition. The goal is to keep as much of the "Comfort zone" of the old routine, while generating new routines to "Fill in the gaps" left by the loss of the packmate.

Best solution usually involves some form of participation with you... So like add in an extra game of Fetch in the backyard each night when you get home, exercise is of course always good for winding down stress, and the positive reinforcement of she gets from you is of course KEY to a dog's mental health.

Also remember that the dog que's off of your emotions, and as much as you are naturally hurting right now from the fresh loss of your old dog, if you make the active effort to redirect your emotional energy towards the positive, then your dog will pick up on that as well and it will begin to mirror in her emotions as well.

Loss is always tough on a family, but one of the great things about being social animals and keeping social animals as pets is that the healing mechanism that works best, is when we connect with each other.
    6'4"

I'm just worried she could be having seizures down there and I wouldn't even know it. You're right though, it's pretty rare that she sleeps upstairs with us. I are confuse. More fetch I guess... at least I know she likes that.

I'm just worried she could be having seizures down there and I wouldn't even know it. You're right though, it's pretty rare that she sleeps upstairs with us. I are confuse. More fetch I guess... at least I know she likes that.
    Do you have an old baby monitor you can set down there?
    6'4"

lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz lhprop1 has the mod powerz
    Let the kids sleep down there with her. Tell them it's a camp out.

edit^ Good idea, especially on weekends.

It's possible, but I would think we'd have gotten rid of them long ago. I'm sure I can get a cheap one if I really need to.

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Its crazy how many different colors these guys have. Easily the best looking duck.

"I believe that life isn't worth living if not lived passionately." - Nainoa

"Anything you put into your subconscious mind can become reality" - Mike Rashid

My pronouns are Bro/Brah Procta's Avatar
    Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz Procta has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Its crazy how many different colors these guys have. Easily the best looking duck.

[IMG]http://i460.photobucket.com/albums/qq328/WillTheThrill7967/IMG952279.jpg[IMG]
    oh I think these are better looking

J/K I hate these mutant ducks, the crap all over my driveway and spread weed seeds in my lawn...

and dont get me started on geese
    China is asshoe !!!

Super Straight HTC Crew, Pureblood Crew & a Jeepbrah (no ducks)

Florida is GOAT

Gen X: Humanity's last hope

Woodies are a great looking duck. Unfortunately in the bays and on the coast there's not much proper habitat for them so it's pretty rare to see any. If I get a nice drake it's going on the wall fo shizzle.

44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 44hunter is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Procta View Post
    oh I think these are better looking

J/K I hate these mutant ducks, the crap all over my driveway and spread weed seeds in my lawn...

and dont get me started on geese
    Im friends with a guy who works for the Corps of Engineers and he shares your hatred for geese. For some reason they like to hang out on the beach and swimming area and **** or run off swimmers. I told him to get me an unlimited goose tag and Id help him out!

Woodies are a great looking duck. Unfortunately in the bays and on the coast there's not much proper habitat for them so it's pretty rare to see any. If I get a nice drake it's going on the wall fo shizzle.
    This was the 1st Ive seen this year. Our drought has done away with most creeks and rivers where I used to see them. That actually is how its been with most ducks here. If it werent for GW teal I wouldnt have much of a season.

First Baby Class is tonight...

The first of 6 two hour sessions... I started thinking about it... If the Labor lasts 11 hours and 59 minutes... Then I will have spent more time learning about the birth than the birth actually would take!

6'4"

First Baby Class is tonight...

The first of 6 two hour sessions... I started thinking about it... If the Labor lasts 11 hours and 59 minutes... Then I will have spent more time learning about the birth than the birth actually would take!

Birthing class?

Surely this has something to do with insurance and isnt voluntary..

Weird. All ours we just went in and then came out with a baby. I wouldn't have minded a class either.

Phil has unlocked the key to life

Originally Posted by 44hunter View Post
    Birthing class?

Surely this has something to do with insurance and isnt voluntary..
    This is that LaMas (sp?) class thing... Insurance covers all but $50 of it, offered through the hospital for first time mothers. The way my wife and In-laws were talking, I thought it was something everyone did.

If it puts my wife at ease, I figure I can follow along.
    6'4"

Oh, lol, that's worthless ^^

Oh, lol, that's worthless ^^
    Haha, yeah. Lamaze is stupid. The nurse/midwife will guide you through the whole thing because you're going to forget everything you learned in the class.

As for the birthing class that my extremely Type A wife forced me to sit through, I think it did a lot to answer a lot of the questions I had and a lot of the questions I never knew I had.

For example, I was always under the impression that once a woman went into labor, the little bugger could plop out onto the floor at any second and that I should probably be walking behind her with my fishing net ready to catch it when it falls. It turns out, that's not the case. Not by a long shot.

They taught us a lot of the things to do to help relax her during the early stages of labor and at what stage of labor it was time to go to the hospital.