faithnraeth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Flax Seed Oil or Peanut Butter before bed?

Hey guys.

Currently I Take 2 flax seed soft gels both upon waking and right before bed. I recently did a lot more research on flax and apparently you don't get NEAR the benefits from soft gels as you do from taking a spoonful of flax oil. The thing about it though is that flax gels only have about 10 calories each whereas it looks like the spoonfuls have 130 calories. My current pre-bed meal consists of:

1 tablespoon peanut butter
    between 1 and 1.5 scoops ON casein protein powder
    1/2 cup oats

& Supplements:

3 ON ZMA capsules
    2 flax soft gels
    1-2 Dymatize Glucosamine capsules

So what I am wondering is if I am going to start taking a spoonful of flax before bed (preferable mixing it in my shake), should I cut out the peanut butter? Or does it really not have that big of an effect? What I am worried about here is just TOO MANY calories and TOO MUCH FAT.

Thanks!

Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hammy18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by faithnraeth View Post
    Hey guys.

Currently I Take 2 flax seed soft gels both upon waking and right before bed. I recently did a lot more research on flax and apparently you don't get NEAR the benefits from soft gels as you do from taking a spoonful of flax oil. The thing about it though is that flax gels only have about 10 calories each whereas it looks like the spoonfuls have 130 calories. My current pre-bed meal consists of:

1/2 cup oats

& Supplements:

3 ON ZMA capsules
    2 flax soft gels

So what I am wondering is if I am going to start taking a spoonful of flax before bed (preferable mixing it in my shake), should I cut out the peanut butter? Or does it really not have that big of an effect? What I am worried about here is just TOO MANY calories and TOO MUCH FAT.

Thanks!

As long as the calories and the grams of fat fit into your macros, it doesn't matter.

CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50) CampbellSoup will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by faithnraeth View Post
    Hey guys.

1/2 cup oats

& Supplements:

3 ON ZMA capsules
    2 flax soft gels

Thanks!
    Personal preference. I loooove natural PB.

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    use on salad or veggies earlier in the day
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head