Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gkstyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gkstyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gkstyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gkstyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

PAGG Stack - Too Good to be true?

If any of you have read Tim Ferris' "The Four Hour Body" (Great Book), you are familiar with his suggested ECA replacement stack. PAGG consists of: Policosanol, Alpha-Lipoic Acid, Green Tea Extract, and Garlic (allacin). The suggested dosage is 300 mg of Alpha-lipoic acid (ALA), 325 mg of Green Tea Extract aka EGCG (from decaffeinated green tea flavanols) and 200 mg of garlic extract 4 times per day (Before Meals and before bed). The Policosanol is to be taken with the AGG only before bed (23mg). He claims this stack is 65% as effective as ECA.

Google PAGG for more information.

My question, and the point of this thread: Is this stack truly as effective as it claims to be, and is it worth the substantial cost ($80+/month). I am hoping for responses from those who have either taken it or researched it substantially.

Thank you for you time,
    Gage

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ECE is the best.

ephedrine + caffeine + EGCG. Cheap and effective.

I wouldn't bother with that stack if it's expensive. If you can't get any ephedrine, I would much sooner buy something like Genomyx HEAT Stack + DS Lean Xtreme ($50 a month) if it's gonna run you over $80 anyway.

zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

gkstyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gkstyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gkstyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) gkstyles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by zackmorris View Post
    What does being 17 change my thirst for information
    Last edited by gkstyles; 01-07-2011 at 11:51 AM.

xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500) xxxmassxxx is not very helpful. (-500)
    Originally Posted by gkstyles View Post
    Come at me bro, what does being 17 change my thirst for information
    165lbs LOL This isn't the misc.

Originally Posted by xxxmassxxx View Post

Okay, if I'm unwelcome here, you've made that clear.... I assumed a well detailed post about a supplement stack would belong in the supplement sub-catagory, clearly I was mistaken based upon the responses I'm getting. I'll go elsewhere to get information about supplements.

Sorry for wasting your time,
    Gage
    Last edited by gkstyles; 01-07-2011 at 11:58 AM.

Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50) Kid Amnesiac will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'm confused. Why cut at 165 lbs?

Originally Posted by Kid Amnesiac View Post
    I'm confused. Why cut at 165 lbs?
    I'm not cutting, I'm simply looking for information!

zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zackmorris is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What does being 17 change my thirst for information
    Just making it aware man. If you are just reading up on it on personal interest that's fine. It's not often people make threads on here about supplements they aren't looking into taking though.

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I don't understand, his stack is 65% as effective and costs more money. Why would you bother using it?
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    I don't understand, his stack is 65% as effective and costs more money. Why would you bother using it?
    No stim. + no side effects are the main reasons. And perhaps someday I would like to cut, and this sounded good.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    This.

No stim. + no side effects are the main reasons. And perhaps someday I would like to cut, and this sounded good.
    EC was a walk in the park. Try it before you write it off.
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

-MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000) -MSR9889- is a name known to all. (+5000)
    why do people care so much about young age? shouldnt you be more mature than this as a rep who is older and thus superior?
    Originally Posted by xxxmassxxx View Post
    you are 30 years old. what makes you think that in 13 years he cant have a far better physique than you?

the kid is asking a question, stay out of the thread if you dont have the answer.
    We think we know, that is our tragedy; so we never discover.

Originally Posted by -MSR9889- View Post
    why do people care so much about young age? shouldnt you be more mature than this as a rep who is older and thus superior?

you are 30 years old. what makes you think that in 13 years he cant have a far better physique than you?

the kid is asking a question, stay out of the thread if you dont have the answer.
    Hey look, a mature adult. Thanks man, I appreciate it =]

Your right, I did write off ECA without trying it, but only because I've read about addictions and headaches. I wouldn't mind paying more for a low risk product, but ECA's results are hard to disagree with, it seems like the beautiful girl with the manipulative personality.

Originally Posted by -MSR9889- View Post
    I was just pointing out that he was 17 and so that the people know giving him advice/options on possibly dangerous stacks.

EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10) EJVYFZ is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I hate when older members on here give us young guys a hard time. I mean yeah we are younger, and maybe we haven't been in the sport as long, but that doesn't mean we can't know what we are talking about. And I admit sometimes the younger guys can have some stupid questions, (myself included) but that's why we are on this site, to learn more about what we love, lifting!!

I was just pointing out that he was 17 and so that the people know giving him advice/options on possibly dangerous stacks.
    Yeah, and that my friend, is why I made the thread in the first place!

Originally Posted by EJVYFZ View Post
    I hate when older members on here give us young guys a hard time. I mean yeah we are younger, and maybe we haven't been in the sport as long, but that doesn't mean we can't know what we are talking about. And I admit sometimes the younger guys can have some stupid questions, (myself included) but that's why we are on this site, to learn more about what we love, lifting!!
    Exactly, I would never claim to be stronger or more knowlegable than any other member, partly because I'm humble, but mostly because I'm young.

There have been some great replies but no one actually with firsthand experience, I guess this stack is less known then I thought.

Yeah, and that my friend, is why I made the thread in the first place!
    right on

halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Thought I would never say this, but Rhadam makes a great point.

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    EC is great, just not for anyone under 21 and i think 25 may be better for a age to start stimulants.

while everyone agrees EC stack is great new research that is published and peer reveiwed shows VPX meltdown a far more powerful combination. heres a link to one study and there have been 5 published so far.

http://www.vpxsports.com/scientific-...ement-meltdown

i do think its time for everyone to realise they are hellbent on useing EC when clearly its research is very outdated and there has been 15 yrs of new science to add to ones fat loss efforts.

all this said please OP stay away from stims for a long while.

lachyg has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    The attraction of PAGG is that it's stimulant free and I think it's mostly from natural products. Green tea, garlic, sugar cane (policosanol), alpha lipoic acid.

Relatively expensive, the results might be worth it.

FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FunkymonkAW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by xR1pp3Rx View Post
    EC is great, just not for anyone under 21 and i think 25 may be better for a age to start stimulants.

while everyone agrees EC stack is great new research that is published and peer reveiwed shows VPX meltdown a far more powerful combination. heres a link to one study and there have been 5 published so far.

http://www.vpxsports.com/scientific-...ement-meltdown

i do think its time for everyone to realise they are hellbent on useing EC when clearly its research is very outdated and there has been 15 yrs of new science to add to ones fat loss efforts.

Why 21 or 25?
    PRs - Sq / B / D / Total
    Gym - 425 / 255 / 463 / -
    Meet - 413 / 248 / 463 / 1124 @ 220
    Meet - 391 / 242 / 468 / 1102 @ 181

vpxsports.***/scientific-studies/university-studies/acute-effects-of-the-thermogenic-supplement-meltdown

Hey, I've been drinking coffee since I was 6, stimulants (especially caffeine), hardly affect me. I can stop taking them at will and I get one day of headaches which really isnt that bad. It didn't stunt my growth or else I would be 4'6" haha. I am well aware of the dangers of ephedrine and plan on keeping my distance, but thank you for the advice!

Originally Posted by lachyg View Post
    The attraction of PAGG is that it's stimulant free and I think it's mostly from natural products. Green tea, garlic, sugar cane (policosanol), alpha lipoic acid.

Relatively expensive, the results might be worth it.
    That is my point, the results might be worth it, but I'd feel much better if there were a few review threads.

Chicken and egg problem I guess. You've got to have a few people start taking it to review it, and then more will give it a go after reviews. Although it's hard to measure performance without double blind style tests. Oh well.

If you are interested in trying it, just PM me and I'll sort you out with a coupon.

xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) xR1pp3Rx is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by FunkymonkAW View Post
    Why 21 or 25?
    mostly due to the fact its far too easy to develope a dependence on them at such an early age , worse yet... your combineing them with something else you associate with great pleasure.. the bad thing is.. once this happens you are unlikely to ever train with out them again.

BTW , does annyone really know the longterm effects of high doeses of caffine annahydrous?

the OP alread demonstrates the fact he is hooked on caffine wich at this point if he doesnt take it for a day he gets headaches from with drawl

do i have proof no. but im betting the the age relation problem runs even deeper when you consider the fact that being misinformed and much more liberal about experimentation
    you could inadvertantly blow out your adrenals by use of something like SX when it was around...

that my friends is just an opinion take it for what its worth!

mostly due to the fact its far too easy to develope a dependence on them at such an early age , worse yet... your combineing them with something else you associate with great pleasure.. the bad thing is.. once this happens you are unlikely to ever train with out them again.

BTW , does annyone really know the longterm effects of high doeses of caffine annahydrous?

the OP alread demonstrates the fact he is hooked on caffine wich at this point if he doesnt take it for a day he gets headaches from with drawl

do i have proof no. but im betting the the age relation problem runs even deeper when you consider the fact that being misinformed and much more liberal about experimentation
    you could inadvertantly blow out your adrenals by use of something like SX when it was around...

Definitely agree. I think this is why a 'natural' option might be best.

haha I am not hooked on caffeine, You could call it withdrawl but the headaches don't bother me and go away after a day. I can stop and start taking stims at will.

halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000) halberstram is a name known to all. (+5000)
    So does anyone still use ECA? Meaning the aspirin part?

I bet tons of people still use it!

nsgauth has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe this is a dumb questions, but: Is ECA even available anymore? I thought they went away with that back in '04-'05 and now only pseudoephedrine is commercially available? I use to use ECA all the time in high school and college with a ton of success. Is pseudo-ECA nearly as effective?

Take care.