Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Sore wrists after biceps curl

Everytime when I do bicep curls my wrist are very sore (especially during and after last 2 sets). Should I stop doing bicep curls and maybe try dumbell curls or do my wrist just need some time to get used?

NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) NY Money Mike has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Mihail View Post
    Everytime when I do bicep curls my wrist are very sore (especially during and after last 2 sets). Should I stop doing bicep curls and maybe try dumbell curls or do my wrist just need some time to get used?
    Hands should be about shoulder width apart and its a bicep exercise, there should only be movement in the elbow, NOT in the wrist.

basically, stop rolling your wrists, you will probably need to drop the weioght
    *** Misc Cigar Crew ***

scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50) scorp508 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Is it a "worked" sore or an "injury" sore? The wrist flexors are working hard doing curls. If you've ignored your wrists in the past this may be why.

Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Mihail has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think it's not an injury. But it's quite painful...

labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) labradarep is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Thumbs up

Try holding the bar or DB's with your wrists extended(the back side of your hand bent back towards your elbows). Keep that position throughout the range of motion for the curling motion. This will place more tension on your biceps & reduce the amount of forearm involvement.

BTW you will have to decrease the amount of wieght (AKA: intensity/load) that you use.

troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) troyladish has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i've noticed my wrist get more and more sore from going too heavy. Now on basically everything i use wrist wraps which help alot. Without those i would not be able to do curls

MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) MScooter has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Are you using a straight bar or a EZ one?

If you use the former, try curling with an E-Z bar. If you still feel pain, experiment with dumbells.

If it still hurts, switch to preacher or incline curls. For example, the only bicep exercises that don't hurt my wrists at all are Incline dumbell curls and Concentration curls. Any other variation of free weight curls (even standing dumbell curls) feels somewhat uneasy on them.

I wouldn't recommend trying to work through the pain.

Registered User Cable Curling CincoUno's Avatar
    Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Cable Curling CincoUno is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I had a similar issue and switched to the ez curl bar and it remedied them

sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100) sunil237 is not very well liked. (-100)
    ez bar gives me pain in my forarms. proper hurts the bone.. might be tooheavy i guess but not for my biceps..

im here for the bukkake garbazio's Avatar
    garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000) garbazio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Stop using your forearms to lift the weight, adjust your angle when your curling and focus on your biceps pulling it

flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) flangmasterj has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Take a break.

No treble, no care KeepOnShruggin's Avatar
    KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000) KeepOnShruggin is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Mihail View Post
    what kind of pain we talking here?

when I would do curls with the ez-curl bar, my wrists also hurt. it hurt when i let go of the bar after i finished my set, but not during the set. it was more of a joint pain than a muscle pain.

so i started taking Animal Flex, and a little after i went on vacation so I took a break from lifting for a little longer than a week. now I don't feel the pain at all

so, take a break from lifting and/or get some joint and tendon supplement

Originally Posted by KeepOnShruggin View Post
    what kind of pain we talking here?

when I would do curls with the ez-curl bar, my wrists also hurt. it hurt when i let go of the bar after i finished my set, but not during the set. it was more of a joint pain than a muscle pain.

so i started taking Animal Flex, and a little after i went on vacation so I took a break from lifting for a little longer than a week. now I don't feel the pain at all

so, take a break from lifting and/or get some joint and tendon supplement
    Yeah that's it. It doesn't hurt so much when I'm doing set but when I finish it. Maybe is that because of Accutane which I'm taking. It might cause joint pains...

ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10) ozbilda is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    try a thumbless grip, and position bar more in palm than on fingers.

Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500) Tyciol is not very helpful. (-500)
    It may be a grip issue so yeah, try dumbbells and see how it goes. Try going wider or narrower, or using those Ezcurls. It may just be you have weak wrists, the only solution is to allow them to strengthen. Sometimes they adapt slower.
    Originally Posted by labradarep View Post
    Try holding the bar or DB's with your wrists extended(the back side of your hand bent back towards your elbows). Keep that position throughout the range of motion for the curling motion. This will place more tension on your biceps & reduce the amount of forearm involvement.

BTW you will have to decrease the amount of wieght (AKA: intensity/load) that you use.
    I don't think that's the best idea at all. Firstly by doing that, you move the weight closer to the lever, meaning it puts LESS tension on the biceps. It's also not the best thing for your wrists because if you do lose tension in your wrist flexors, then you're likely putting the strain on your wrist ligaments instead, especially at the top of the movement.