sf_331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How many days until you are in "Ketosis"

I'm starting day 3 and only trace amounts of Keto thus far. Just curious how many days until my body gets into ketosis.
    Last edited by sf_331; 06-09-2010 at 02:00 PM.

Registered User Football 4 Life's Avatar
    Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    if you have trace amounts of ketones, then u are in ketosis, u cant be partially in keto and partially not, its either you are or you arent. generally it takes 3 days, i just started my ckd on sunday and last night i had the metallic taste. i dont use ketosticks either.

sf_331 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Football 4 Life View Post
    if you have trace amounts of ketones, then u are in ketosis, u cant be partially in keto and partially not, its either you are or you arent. generally it takes 3 days, i just started my ckd on sunday and last night i had the metallic taste. i dont use ketosticks either.
    I've never used ketostix before until now. I'm doing Lyle's Rapid Fat Loss Program which is a Modified PSMF, which is essentally a "keto-ish" diet. I've had single digit carbs in the past two days and always wanted to see if my body was responding and producing more ketones. The color was negative/trace, but it's only been two days and just wanted feedback on how many days until people usually start getting tons.

Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Football 4 Life has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sf_331 View Post
    I've never used ketostix before until now. I'm doing Lyle's Rapid Fat Loss Program which is a Modified PSMF, which is essentally a "keto-ish" diet. I've had single digit carbs in the past two days and always wanted to see if my body was responding and producing more ketones. The color was negative/trace, but it's only been two days and just wanted feedback on how many days until people usually start getting tons.
    well they arent very accurate so you may never get that reading, also you may be using all of your ketones as energy, so again you may never get that reading.

JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) JUSA has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Off topic slightly, but how do people get enough fiber while on a ketosis diet?
    All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

- Arthur Schopenhauer

Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    you are allowed, actually, you are encouraged to take dietary supplements and green veggies such as broccoli. you are allowed about 20 net carbs, fiber grams do not count towards your carbs since they do not effect ketosis since your body cant use them directly.

VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50) VaeskeSYS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JUSA View Post
    Take fiber supplements. :P

Flax Seed, Straight Fiber tablets, leafy greens like romaine lettuce etc. Not much carbs in them for the amount of fiber you get.

I do Fiber tablets and the occasional salad myself.

Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Clamz is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    bout tree fiddy...I mean three days

critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) critterbug is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Some hard arse cardio can help kick you in all quick like.

This Space For Rent painted_klown's Avatar
    painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by critterbug View Post
    Some hard arse cardio can help kick you in all quick like.
    Agreed, and every time I have re-started my keto diet, it takes 3 days to use up your bodies supply of glycogin (sp) so on the fourth day you should see a change in the keto sticks. I use them twice a day just to see what I am throwing off in my urine...adding cardio gets you going REALLY well...

Also, as mentioned above, if you have trace amounts of ketones then you ARE in ketosis. Some peolple NEVER get their keto sticks to turn dark but still lose just the same. Good luck.

^agreed.

and even if for some rare reason you never get into ketosis, the fact that you are eating at a defecit and working out, you will lose fat, its a method thats stood the test of time and never fails. best of luck tho

smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000) smt1 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sf_331 View Post
    I'm starting day 3 and only trace amounts of Keto thus far. Just curious how many days until my body gets into ketosis.
    Why do you care? Being in ketosis or not is irrelevant.

iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) iliketojuggle is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    You can be in ketosis even eating 50 to 80 grams of carbs a day actually..
    Weighted pullups = 195 lbs x1
    Weighted dips = 225 lbs x2
    Squat = 405 x2

This Space For Rent painted_klown's Avatar
    painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000) painted_klown is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by iliketojuggle View Post
    You can be in ketosis even eating 50 to 80 grams of carbs a day actually..
    This is very true. I regularly eat 45-55 grams of carbohydrate daily...and my keto sicks get REALLY dark all the time. I think how much water I have had to drink affects it quite a bit really. More water = clearer urine and thus the sticks will not be as dark as times when I am really thirsty, or it's like 30 mins post workout.