MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Normal To Have Tingling?

Sometimes when im doing pull ups or lifting weights i get this tingling sensation in my arms kinda like a shocking feeling. does this mean im doing the workout wrong or putting to much stress on the muscle?

Chillin' In Ma Igloo Canuckistanian's Avatar
    Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000) Canuckistanian is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by MuscleSharkey View Post
    Sometimes when im doing pull ups or lifting weights i get this tingling sensation in my arms kinda like a shocking feeling. does this mean im doing the workout wrong or putting to much stress on the muscle?
    You're lifting too heavy a weight. You're basically tearing muscles and tendons too much, too quickly. I suggest stepping it down a notch, so you'll be able to adapt without as much unwanted stress on undeveloped tendons.

Do you do stretches before and after exercises? You are over-straining muscles without actually giving them a cool down phase. Something you don't want to do when starting out, or lifting heavy weights, low reps.

Take it easy, and work at it. After a while you should gain more strength, and you'll cope without any tingling sensation.

I'm no expert by any stretch of the imagination. So maybe somebody else can correct or add to what I've said.

MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50) MuscleSharkey will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I sometime stretch before but not always, but always remember to stretch after im done. And u usually wait about 15-30 seconds to start my next set

dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250) dangetinthere has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Burn? or shock? Pain = good most of the time

Hiding from ForumNature 400Lb Gorilla's Avatar
    400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz 400Lb Gorilla has the mod powerz
    you are going to have to be more descriptive. tingling and shocking are kind of vague.
    You would be surprised just how much time I have to waste.

Originally Posted by 400Lb Gorilla View Post
    you are going to have to be more descriptive. tingling and shocking are kind of vague.
    its pains that shoot up my arm. feels like a nerve or something got hit. and like someones sticking pins in your arm

Registered User rancid_theclash's Avatar
    rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000) rancid_theclash is just really nice. (+1000)
    It could be caused by improper form on exercises done before that. Like supporting the bar the bar with your arms during squat etc..

Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Onisac is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I think I know what feeling you're talking about. I get it sometimes It might have something to do with grip. I usually get it when working back. Could be tendons that lift too much weight too quickly (not warmed up).
    I ALWAYS rep back. srs. Just add "rep back" to your comment.

well im gonna try warming up a little longer to see if that helps then

JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10) JustinT24 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I used to get a shocking feeling in my forearms doing preacher curls.

I'm thinking it was my grip or poor forearm strength. I haven't gotten them in awhile though since I started lifting seriously

mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mmafighter1294 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    when i do weighted dips i get a pinching feeling in my mid back in one particular spot. it sucks
    GSF