Closed Thread
Page 97 of 333 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast
Results 2,881 to 2,910 of 9967
    ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by FitBeyondForty View Post

My elbow has started to give me trouble again. I cannot to OHP or curls with the proper form. BORs are also uncomfortable on my elbow.

Maybe something different. I skipped the curls for standing rows for a while. The BO rows and standing rows caused some elbow pain for me too. I started throwing in some light curls and the pain has subsided. Figured the curls must hit something that antagonizes the rows. But you say you were doing the curls.

You tried to reduce the weight any? (now I see that was your own suggestion) Maybe find the lowest weight you can work with without pain, go from there.

Too bad. I hope you get the pain sorted out.

MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Guys am I naturally out of proportion? Okay so I've never lifted before and I'm trying to find my 10RM for this workout. I am finding it a struggle to hold the weight required for me to get a decent squat. I used to cycle a lot as a teenager and built up a bit of thigh muscle so the issue is that the weight required for me to fail a squat is fairly heavy and quite hard to hold. What the hell do I do with this? I'm hoping that using this routine will build my arm strength enough and maybe my squatting weight won't increase as quickly as my upper body? Thanks guys (clueless noob).

Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Desparado is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by birdman407 View Post
    Well, iv just completed Cycle 1 and whilst medium and light days were no problem obviously, I'm just wondering on a scale of 1-10, how intense should heavy day feel on week one? I av tested my 10 rep Max's and were lifting at that for 8 reps but it was really tough to get 2/8 reps on a couple of the exercises. Any thoughts? Should I lower the weight slightly for week 2 or just see how I go and see if I hit failure? To be fair I feel like ill hit failure at 9 reps. Any help would be appriciated cheers.
    Some people have commented that Cycle 2 at 8 reps are easier compared to Cycle 1 at 12 reps. I've just started Cycle 2 heavy 2 days ago and I found the Bench Press (from 135 lbs to 145 lbs) to be the only lift that was surprisingly heavy. I passed benching in Cycle 1 with no problem so I was a bit surprised that the 10 lbs increase was challenging. All the others felt heavy but very doable.

I"ll assume that you only increased the weights by 10% correct? I would see how it goes when you do 9 reps before lowering the weights. You might be surprised.
    "Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by a$$holes"

William Gibson

"...I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul."

William Ernest Henley

Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Flyman75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Worked out today with no gloves. At the moment, I prefer gloves, but once my hands toughen up, I think I'd prefer no gloves.

Good thing today was a light day. I just felt tired, even after drinking Assault. Didn't really struggle with anything, but I didn't feel psyched up and energetic today. If I feel Monday like I felt today, it's going to be a rough test day. I did discover that I need to adjust my weight on my BORs. My 5' bar is so light, I never weighed it nor included it in my BOR weight. Weighed it today and it's a 6lb bar. I was surprised it weight that much, lol. So my heavy day BOR this cycle is 106 (I'll round down to 105).

DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10) DeltaCharlie75 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MSRedImp View Post
    Guys am I naturally out of proportion? Okay so I've never lifted before and I'm trying to find my 10RM for this workout. I am finding it a struggle to hold the weight required for me to get a decent squat. I used to cycle a lot as a teenager and built up a bit of thigh muscle so the issue is that the weight required for me to fail a squat is fairly heavy and quite hard to hold. What the hell do I do with this? I'm hoping that using this routine will build my arm strength enough and maybe my squatting weight won't increase as quickly as my upper body? Thanks guys (clueless noob).
    You only count a rep as successful if it is completed with good form. If the weight is too heavy for you to manage then you will not be doing good squat form. Lower the weight until you complete 10 reps of good form. You will have areas that are weaker than others as you are a beginner, like the rest of us. As you progress your body will even out. At this stage your weak points will be your limiting factor.

FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) FitBeyondForty is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by ngtvenfnty View Post
    Maybe something different. I skipped the curls for standing rows for a while. The BO rows and standing rows caused some elbow pain for me too. I started throwing in some light curls and the pain has subsided. Figured the curls must hit something that antagonizes the rows. But you say you were doing the curls.

You tried to reduce the weight any? (now I see that was your own suggestion) Maybe find the lowest weight you can work with without pain, go from there.

Too bad. I hope you get the pain sorted out.

I have thought of using a lower weight for curls. It does seem to be better on my light days. I may use my light day weight and up the reps.

I also learned that my left hand does not rotate palm up as far as my right can. It comes a little short or parallel. I'm putting money on the fact that using the BB is forcing it to over rotate and causing the pain during curls and OHP.

My sister has the same condition in the same arm, hers is much more pronounced though. She can just get her hand to rotate a little past the palm facing in ( 90 * )

I used DBs last medium day and it seemed to hurt less.
    There is no expiration date on being healthy.

Ten Rep Max Calculator.
    http://www.naturalphysiques.com/18/o...max-calculator

ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50) ngtvenfnty will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lots of injuries reported here...elbow pain and back sprains seem to be most common.

You are going too heavy too fast. Back off a bit.

AllPro should have programmed this to start with the bar for all exercises.

VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) VegasBhoy has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Completed Cycle 1 today WOOHOO! First off ill say I am so impressed with this workout, hats off to all pro for the time and effort he obviously put in in writing up this plan and sharing it with us noobs. I starting lifting a few months ago but i was basically just throwing weights arounds not knowing what i was doing, did i see a dif? Sure i did but it was obviously total fluke noob gains, now i have a REAL programme im feeling i am actually on a road to acheiving something. I possibly erred on the side of caution regarding my 10 rep max lifts as i completed all my lifts without having to go real close to 100%, Heavy days were tough though so i didnt go TOO lightly. I train at home so have had to slightly tweak the routine somehwhat, as i have no support bar for my bench or squatting machines but ive stuck to the programme as much as i could do, the only thing i feel is hindering me is my bench press as i have to use substitute the barbell for dumbbells, all other lifts i do as all pro intended, on cycle 2 i intend to introduce either dumbbell flys or perfect push ups at the end of the routine as i dont feel im hitting my chest much at all, i realise introducing lifts on cycle 2 goes against the plan as such but until i can actually get to a gym (long story) ill be stuck with working out at home. Sorry for the long winded babble but im loving this programme and just wanted to let other noobs just starting out know that even though ive only just completed 5 weeks that it DEFO WORKS!

Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Links in the FAQ's section are broken bro

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    When finding out my "10 rep max", do I need to do the routine EXACTLY? Eg. complete the two warm-ups for the first three exercises followed by the two full work-sets for each of the three? And then the two work-sets for the rest of the four exercises? Please respond fast. I will be going with my friend to the gym tomorrow to calculate our "10 rep max".

Edit: Never mind, I found an alternative link to the page on how to find out your "10 rep max".

scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10) scubahsteve is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by VegasBhoy View Post
    Completed Cycle 1 today WOOHOO! First off ill say I am so impressed with this workout, hats off to all pro for the time and effort he obviously put in in writing up this plan and sharing it with us noobs. I starting lifting a few months ago but i was basically just throwing weights arounds not knowing what i was doing, did i see a dif? Sure i did but it was obviously total fluke noob gains, now i have a REAL programme im feeling i am actually on a road to acheiving something. I possibly erred on the side of caution regarding my 10 rep max lifts as i completed all my lifts without having to go real close to 100%, Heavy days were tough though so i didnt go TOO lightly. I train at home so have had to slightly tweak the routine somehwhat, as i have no support bar for my bench or squatting machines but ive stuck to the programme as much as i could do, the only thing i feel is hindering me is my bench press as i have to use substitute the barbell for dumbbells, all other lifts i do as all pro intended, on cycle 2 i intend to introduce either dumbbell flys or perfect push ups at the end of the routine as i dont feel im hitting my chest much at all, i realise introducing lifts on cycle 2 goes against the plan as such but until i can actually get to a gym (long story) ill be stuck with working out at home. Sorry for the long winded babble but im loving this programme and just wanted to let other noobs just starting out know that even though ive only just completed 5 weeks that it DEFO WORKS!
    Hell yeah Vegas...good sh!t! Keep pressing brother!

birdman407 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Maybe a silly question here but here goes. Testing for your 10 rep max and then use that for your starting weight. Now when it says testing for your 10 rep max, does that mean 1 set of 10? Or a 10 rep max at doing 2 sets?

I did a 1/10 rep max and used that for my first week and heavy day was pretty tough and that was 1st day of program, so I'm starting to think its maybe a 2/10 rep max? Can anyone help?

smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by birdman407 View Post
    Maybe a silly question here but here goes. Testing for your 10 rep max and then use that for your starting weight. Now when it says testing for your 10 rep max, does that mean 1 set of 10? Or a 10 rep max at doing 2 sets?

I did a 1/10 rep max and used that for my first week and heavy day was pretty tough and that was 1st day of program, so I'm starting to think its maybe a 2/10 rep max? Can anyone help?
    No, you were right the first time. When determining your initial weight, you use a weight you think will challenge you... you do as many reps as you can with good form. You then use one of the calculators to determine your 10RM. Don't keep testing until you can only do 10 reps. As long as you're in the ballpark with the weight you chose, the calculators will work fine. So, say you did 100 lbs for 7 reps, your 10RM is 92 lbs, usually rounded down to 90. For your first workout of cycle 1, you'd use 90 lbs for 8 reps (and 2 sets). And then 10% less for workout 2, and 20% less for workout 3. The next week, you'd be back at 90 lbs, but for 9 reps, and so on and so on.

My guess would be either you didn't get your 10RM right, or you tried to workout too soon after your testing day. It's always best to start out conservatively, because the program will beat you to a pulp soon enough.

alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250) alacriTEA has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Well... 1st week of 1st cycle is done with!!!
    Trample the weak...Conquer the strong...Hurdle the dead

Former 400+ Guy

Current Program: Cycle 4 of AllPro's beginner routine

Dec 1st - Mar 1st Transformation Participant

Starting Weight - 393.2 lbs (Dec 1st)
    Current Weight - 351.6 lbs (Feb 24th)
    ----------------------------------
    Total Weight Loss - 41.6 lbs

Ending Goal Weight: 340.0 lbs
    Ending Weight: ???

Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Dank16 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by alacriTEA View Post
    Well... 1st week of 1st cycle is done with!!!
    same bro!

Week 1 is officially in the books. A few observations...

Man keeping your balance during the standing barbell calf raise is mad hard. But I am hopeful that the more I do it the more comfortable I will be with it, just as someone told me in this thread.

I had no idea how important the order of exercises could be. I am doing most of the same exercises that I was doing in my last routine at the same weight but I am getting through them much easier. And I believe this has a lot to do with how this routine is crafted. I really like the flow of the whole routine. I guess the only minor thing I dislike about it is all the changing of the weight I have to do, what with the different warm up sets and changing the weight on my barbell drastically from exercise to exercise. I feel like more work goes into that then the actual exercise on my light days. Speaking of light days, my first one was incredibly easy. I mean it was a total breeze. Is that to be expected? I don't think I underestimated my starting weights either cuz my heavy day felt challenging but certainly doable.

The only exercise I added to the program is weighted sit ups. 2 sets of 15. It's not much but I do feel like my core is already getting quite the workout. Should I add anymore ab work or oblique stuff? If so, which exercises specifically?
    Last edited by Dank16; 11-10-2012 at 12:19 AM.

MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MSRedImp is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Is 1 day rest between your light and heavy really enough to be able to do the heavy properly? Can't work out how to fit this into a week, for example:

Monday: Heavy
    Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Medium
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Light
    Sunday: Rest

I think you definitely need 2 days after your heavy. But 1 day after doing light and going back to heavy enough?

piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) piroxeno has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by MSRedImp View Post
    Is 1 day rest between your light and heavy really enough to be able to do the heavy properly? Can't work out how to fit this into a week, for example:

Tuesday: Rest
    Wednesday: Rest
    Thursday: Medium
    Friday: Rest
    Saturday: Light
    Sunday: Rest

I think you definitely need 2 days after your heavy. But 1 day after doing light and going back to heavy enough?
    Do Mon-Wed-Fri. That's why we are doing medium and light days. You don't need to delay the medium day.

Originally Posted by piroxeno View Post
    Do Mon-Wed-Fri. That's why we are doing medium and light days. You don't need to delay the medium day.
    So you don't feel the medium (despite it only being 10% less weight) with 1 day rest after the heavy? Just want to make sure I can get all my reps in with only 1 day of rest.

Verbing Weirds Language Tupperwolf's Avatar
    Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000) Tupperwolf is just really nice. (+1000)
    Go heavy - rest - medium - rest - light - rest - rest - heavy etc.

You shouldn't have any problem doing the medium after one rest day but you do want two rest days to make sure you're fully recovered for the next heavy day, where you will be adding a rep thus making that workout tougher than the last heavy day.
    US Coast Guard ~ SEMPER PARATUS

Apoller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Do you have to do these exercises in order?

Originally Posted by Apoller View Post
    Do you have to do these exercises in order?
    It is suggested to them in order, everything as written. I do every exercise on the list, every workout. It is not convenient for me using a smith machine and a bar on the floor in a small space, to do them in the written order. Some say the order is to prevent you from tiring out too soon, but this routine stops far shy of you reaching failure and doubling over with dry heaves or anything like that. I regularly augment the routine with several other exercises. I do not feel that one should wait 6 months to a year to incline the bench for the sake of the program, and standard deadlifts are non-negotiable, for instance. That's just me.

If you are asking a question like this, which is a good question, I would say yes do everything as written and do it in order.

Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10) Du4L is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    How will i find out my starting weight for the first cycle in this program? I think i read that you have to test for the max 10 reps you can do for each exercise then go on from there? Is that right?

smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) smitty67 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Du4L View Post
    How will i find out my starting weight for the first cycle in this program? I think i read that you have to test for the max 10 reps you can do for each exercise then go on from there? Is that right?
    Right... to find your 10 rep max, pick a weight you think is about right, and then see how many reps you can get with good form, even if it's MORE than 10 reps. Use one of the 10 Rep Max calculators (google search if you don't know of one) and input the reps and weight you did. Voila, it estimates your 10 rep max.

Apoller has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Is this a good workout for ectomorphs?

WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WFKA is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I have a few questions.

1) If I miss my heavy work-day (Monday), what should I do for the rest of the week?
    2) If I start at 20kg (the weight of the bar), how am I supposed to decrease the weight by 10% on the medium work-day and 20% on the light work-day?
    3) Me and my friend find it difficult to hold the bar behind our backs (for squats and and calf raises). The bar digs into our necks. What is a way around this?
    4) For squats and calf raises, me and my friend are using a smith machine due to the problem we had with the bar digging into our necks. Is it okay to use this machine?

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    This is a great workout. Diet is the key to ecto/endo/meso morphs.
    This forum is great! Wish I found it years ago.....

wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50) wannagoheavy will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by WFKA View Post
    I have a few questions.

1) If I miss my heavy work-day (Monday), what should I do for the rest of the week?
    2) If I start at 20kg (the weight of the bar), how am I supposed to decrease the weight by 10% on the medium work-day and 20% on the light work-day?
    3) Me and my friend find it difficult to hold the bar behind our backs (for squats and and calf raises). The bar digs into our necks. What is a way around this?
    4) For squats and calf raises, me and my friend are using a smith machine due to the problem we had with the bar digging into our necks. Is it okay to use this machine?
    1. Just keep going with medium and light days.
    2. Use dumbells
    3. You could use a bar pad (get pipe insulation from home store and wrap around pipe or use a towel) Try raising elbows creating a shelf for bar to sit on. Make sure your form is near perfect on squats or you will suffer when the weight gets heavy. Watch "so you think you can squat" and Squat RX videos on youtube to dial in form.
    4. Smith machine is dangerous for squats and ok for calf raises.

Originally Posted by wannagoheavy View Post
    1. Just keep going with medium and light days.
    2. Use dumbells
    3. You could use a bar pad (get pipe insulation from home store and wrap around pipe or use a towel) Try raising elbows creating a shelf for bar to sit on. Make sure your form is near perfect on squats or you will suffer when the weight gets heavy. Watch "so you think you can squat" and Squat RX videos on youtube to dial in form.
    4. Smith machine is dangerous for squats and ok for calf raises.
    1) Okay. I was thinking that I may have to do two heavy days.
    2) Are you allowed to do that instead?
    3) I will check out the videos. Thanks.
    4) How is it dangerous for squats?

Originally Posted by WFKA View Post
    1) Okay. I was thinking that I may have to do two heavy days.
    2) Are you allowed to do that instead?
    3) I will check out the videos. Thanks.
    4) How is it dangerous for squats?
    You can do 2 heavy days if you want that week but it may screw up your schedule for next week as you need 2 days rest between lifting days

Yes you can use DB if you dont have access to a smaller bar like a womens bar or shorter 6' bar which weight about 25-35 lbs depending on bar.

Smith machines are not meant to be substitute to BB. DB will work better and will let you use stabilizers and abs/core which are vital to squats when the weight gets heavy.

Originally Posted by wannagoheavy View Post
    You can do 2 heavy days if you want that week but it may screw up your schedule for next week as you need 2 days rest between lifting days

Yes you can use DB if you dont have access to a smaller bar like a womens bar or shorter 6' bar which weight about 25-35 lbs depending on bar.

Smith machines are not meant to be substitute to BB. DB will work better and will let you use stabilizers and abs/core which are vital to squats when the weight gets heavy.
    I guess we will just do a med and a light then.

Well, the only bar that appeared to be there was a regular bar and an EZ curl bar. I am not sure how much the EZ curl bar weighs. When I asked a guy that worked at the gym what weight the bar was, he said 20kg. He did not ask what bar I was talking about, but I assume he was talking about the regular bar. He seemed pretty useless to me...

Really? Well, I guess some other guy at the gym gave us poor advice too. Will me and my friend have to recalculate our 10 rep max for squats then? We used the smith machine to calculate them.

Closed Thread
Page 97 of 333 FirstFirst ... 47 87 95 96 97 98 99 107 147 197 ... LastLast