chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Where to start? Newbie hoping for advice.

Hello.

I'm Cheryl I'm new to the site and to lifting.

I haven't a clue where to start. I've read a little bit and know I want/need to be lifting heavy etc.

At the moment I don't have acess to much equipment - just a set of adjustable dumbells but my brother has a ton of bars and weights I could have on long term loan.

So really I just need to know where to start.

I don't have masses of time to work out but I could do say 4 days a week.

Could anyone please advise me on where to look for a training programme? I'm overweight but that is in hand - I've lost over 18lbs and still going but I'd like to work on shaping my body as I go.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks

JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Read the stickies here and in the nutrition section. All of your questions will likely be answered. Good job on the 18 lbs so far and good luck!

chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50) chezzie will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thank you.

I've been reading them think it will take a while to find what I'm looking for though. So far everything I've found calls for more equipment than I currently have.

But I am easily confused lol.

Will just keep looking I guess.

Originally Posted by JBisGod View Post
    Read the stickies here and in the nutrition section. All of your questions will likely be answered. Good job on the 18 lbs so far and good luck!

Former Bench Jockey FastCatChamp's Avatar
    FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FastCatChamp is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    What equipment do you have?

What equipment can you get?
    Home Journal: Me vs. Myself @.....http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=125942203

Levels and goals...........
    Kitten[CURRENT]...Cat[Application Submitted]..Alleycat..Bobcat...Puma...Lion....Tiger.

Oh its ok I've found something now. (Sorry frazzled brain today toddler at home driving me nuts).

The stickies I'd looked at had me going round in circles chasing links but I have found the beginners one now. If I start that off with dumbbells (which I have) then I'll need to go visit my brother in a week or so and 'borrow' a barbell and some heavier weights....then find somewhere safe to store them away from my 2 year old...

All sorted now thank you. Sorry for being dim lol

Originally Posted by FastCatChamp View Post
    What equipment do you have?

What equipment can you get?

JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) JBisGod is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by chezzie View Post

The stickies I'd looked at had me going round in circles chasing links but I have found the beginners one now. If I start that off with dumbbells (which I have) then I'll need to go visit my brother in a week or so and 'borrow' a barbell and some heavier weights....then find somewhere safe to store them away from my 2 year old...
    Sounds good! Don't forget to keep track of your diet and weights so you can gauge progress. Writing things down makes a big difference.

Originally Posted by JBisGod View Post
    Sounds good! Don't forget to keep track of your diet and weights so you can gauge progress. Writing things down makes a big difference.
    Thank you I will do.

I track on a different site but it shows typical womens workouts with barbie weights and after doing a little reading into it here and elsewhere I know they won't do anything for me which is why I came for a nosey around here.

A friend had suggested a workout for me but he has written it himself and I don't know how qualified he is to be advising me on what to do - seems there are a lot of things in it and maybe its a bit much - or so it seems after looking at this one.