pvd324 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

lower back/upper glute injury from deadlifts

Hey all,

I was deadlifting around mid-July and loaded up too much weight, and felt pain the next month or so in my lower back/upper glute area on the right side of my back. Its right on the line of where your back becomes your ass. When I got to school in September I stopped playing basketball every day and the pain went away for the most part. I've become more active again now and I'm starting to feel it again. It's not excruciating pain or anything but it's definitely something I notice, and it is still affecting me after 4 months, so I'm wondering if this is serious or sounds like a sprain, tear, or anything of the sort. I don't know much about injuries so if anyone can offer any assistance it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000) BakeryMaster is a complete loser! (-2000)
    Go to a chiropractor or a pt, if it hurts you shouldn't agravate it.

reggiemischief has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by pvd324 View Post
    Hey all,

I was deadlifting around mid-July and loaded up too much weight, and felt pain the next month or so in my lower back/upper glute area on the right side of my back. Its right on the line of where your back becomes your ass. When I got to school in September I stopped playing basketball every day and the pain went away for the most part. I've become more active again now and I'm starting to feel it again. It's not excruciating pain or anything but it's definitely something I notice, and it is still affecting me after 4 months, so I'm wondering if this is serious or sounds like a sprain, tear, or anything of the sort. I don't know much about injuries so if anyone can offer any assistance it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Exactly what I have right now. I think I got it from improperly using a lower back extension equipment at the gym. It's been a month and the pain isn't that bad but gets uncomfortable and alarming when I'm doing twisting movements and sudden sharp pains ensue.

Has your injury healed completely now?