Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast
    Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, considering that my initial reaction was, "Wow. She's almost 40!?", how about, "Yes. You, too, can look this good at 40!"

Though I know you are way more humble than that, so I won't be disappointed when you don't use that one.
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

really...just really DieselsMom's Avatar
    DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hmmm my gut reaction to the title was "Foxy 40 takes on the fitness world" or something like that

I know what you mean about workouts some days when I switched up my split I realized after....that's why it is in that order especially if I did shoulders before chest/tris.

I had to laugh at your Xmas decorating story as it is the same in my house and I always thought it would get better by the time they get older but maybe not, lol I was hoping in their teens they would just let anal mom do it all so I didn't have to go and rearrange ornaments/tinsel after they go to bed. Or the fight to get them to stand in front of the tree for a nice photo.
    "That's not sweat that's your fat cells crying" anonymous

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147406883

Just doing the prep work! jjeane's Avatar
    jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    How did I miss so much?
    Awesome workouts as usual.
    I don't know on the title. I am thinking something about your show. Stealing the stage after 40. It took me forever to come up with mine.
    Spoon Barbell Club

My Journal- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147722593

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Set your bar high, be kind, and do more of what makes you stronger. Eleiko

Love over fear

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hey CC! Great workouts since I've been able to catch up here!

I don't know what to say about the journal title. I think we all want to provide something meaningful, then I read some of the other journal titles and think maybe it doesn't really matter. It's tempting to change it to something silly like "Read this Bitc#es" haha You just might catch a lot more subs that way!

All of the recent concert talk had me reminiscing a lot about shows I had gone to a while back. My favorite was when a local radio station in Washington DC (now defunct sadly) put on a show every summer - the HFStival (the station was 99.1 HFS). I saw No Doubt just as they were getting popular and Prodigy closed out the show. It probably was the best show I've seen just because there were so many great bands that year both on the main stage and the smaller stages outside of the stadium, and to end it out with Prodigy doing Firestarter with lots of lazers and fire in the dark - there was so much energy. Very cool. I should find that song and add to my gym playlist I'm also a sucker for kids pop though - if my daughter were old enough I would totally take her to see the Biebs haha
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000) jjeane is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I was thinking about this some more. CC, what is your long term goal? I was thinking if you change it to something about your show, what do you do after the show? Or do you want to keep competing?
    Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post

I don't know what to say about the journal title. I think we all want to provide something meaningful, then I read some of the other journal titles and think maybe it doesn't really matter. It's tempting to change it to something silly like "Read this Bitc#es" haha You just might catch a lot more subs that way!
    I love this!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

No person with dignity and a soul wants a hand out- they want to earn what they have. Jim Wendler

Love over fear

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by jjeane View Post
    I was thinking about this some more. CC, what is your long term goal? I was thinking if you change it to something about your show, what do you do after the show? Or do you want to keep competing?
    Very good question jjeane - one that I am not sure I can answer right now. I am going into this thinking that these two shows will be the extent of my experience but I said the same thing when I ran my first half marathon 20+ years ago and since then, I have run over 2 dozens halfs, 4 marathons, 5 30kms and participated in way too many relay distance events to count

I may initially say 'I'll never do that again" - takes about 24-48 hours for that feeling to disappear after a race - but I always end up signing up for another. Maybe the same will be true of the fitnes shows.

In all honesty, I'd like the title to be reflective of the shorter term goals (the shows) - then go through the re-naming puzzle again once they are done and I have a better picture of next steps

I am kinda digging "Fit at 40 and Storming the Stage" (a bit of everyone's inputs - sorry MM, just couldn't fit "read this Bitc#hes" in there) - your guys' thoughts?

CC
    “Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles.” Alex Karras

Follow me on IG: @Cardioconvert

I really like it CC!! I am so excited to watch you do these shows. You are not the type I am thinking to do it, eat nonstop of a month, gain 20# and then be like WFH!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Goal: Build More Muscle! Luvdogs's Avatar
    Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Luvdogs is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I like that title too. When I changed a title while back, I had to have a MOD do it. My previous journal was a count down to 50. I started at 202 days to 50. Once my birthday came, I thought about Fifty is Nifty!
    Julia

DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000) DieselsMom is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I still think your a foxy 40 but as long as it means something to you that is what counts most! But I think it is good too.

Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000) Cardioconvert is just really nice. (+1000)
    I really like it CC!! I am so excited to watch you do these shows. You are not the type I am thinking to do it, eat nonstop of a month, gain 20# and then be like WFH!
    Thanks jjeane - so great to have support I have already discussed post show expectations w/ my coach - hubs and I will be going away to celebrate (albeit late) my 4-0 in either late May or June - I don't want to balloon out like I have read in so many other folks' journals. She advised that she is very careful for the mgmt in that post show period and really has only had one girl balloon out really badly. While I am saying that I won't do a show again - I will enter the 'offseason' after my shows with a careful mindset Given that I really haven't had a huge variance in my weight in the last 10 years (up until now I haven' varied much more than a 3 pound range in 10 years), I am not too worried.

Originally Posted by Luvdogs View Post
    I like that title too. When I changed a title while back, I had to have a MOD do it. My previous journal was a count down to 50. I started at 202 days to 50. Once my birthday came, I thought about Fifty is Nifty!
    Love the title of your journal - will need to connect w/ a MOD once I land the final title.

Originally Posted by DieselsMom View Post
    I still think your a foxy 40 but as long as it means something to you that is what counts most! But I think it is good too.
    I guess I have a hard time thinking of myself as 'foxy'. I had best start thinking a bit differently to present myself properly on stage eh?

CC

Catch up on workouts (Tuesday, Wednesday and today)

Tuesday

Little glute workout at work gym:

Plie Squats
    10@BW, 10w/25lb db, 15 w/25, 15 w/35, 15 w/35

Glute Bridges off swiss ball
    15 neutral foot, 15 toes out, 15 toes in

SLDL w/ DB
    3x10@40

Wednesday - Shoulders

DB OH Press
    3x10@30

Shrugs - w/ DB
    15@40, 15@50

Lateral Raises
    3x15@15

BO Lateral Raises
    3x15@12.5

Front Raises w/ DB
    10@15, 10@15

Thursday

Just some cardio - 10min @10%,4mph, followed by alternating 5 min run (2%, 6mph), 5 minutes walk (10%, 4mph) to 30minutes total

Tomorrow, I will do my shoulder and back workout and then spend the day shopping w/ my MIL - I have the day off

Have a great night everyone!

CC

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    I guess I have a hard time thinking of myself as 'foxy'. I had best start thinking a bit differently to present myself properly on stage eh?

CC
    Yep your gonna have to feel sexy and foxy and strut it up there.

Great work - love the hard work you always put in. I need some of your wherewithal.

Nice workouts CC.
    Yea, you are going to have to do some strutting. I think that would be really hard. To get in front of a bunch of people with almost no clothes on and strut it. But I am kind of shy.
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Nice workouts CC.
    Yea, you are going to have to do some strutting. I think that would be really hard. To get in front of a bunch of people with almost no clothes on and strut it. But I am kind of shy.
    Yep your gonna have to feel sexy and foxy and strut it up there.

Great work - love the hard work you always put in. I need some of your wherewithal.
    I know ladies - this will be the hardest part for me. I have spoken to another girl who competed and she found it the most challenging aspect (even beyond the diet). I have no issue standing w/ very little clothes on (I have a huge level of comfort within my own skin) - it is just the trying to exude a 'quality' that I will struggle with

CC

Yes, that bright, smiley, girlie, sexy quality would be hard. My oldest girl has it down pat. No idea where she got it from but she can strike a pose and win a camera in an instant! You will do great!
    Have a wonderful weekend CC!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Quick journal update - spent the day shopping w/ MIL yesterday. Got to the gym first thing after dropping the kids to school and got my shoulder / back workout in. This week, my workouts are a bit out of order (need to do legs tomorrow) but I have scheduled them so that I don't screw a workout up like I did last week (working out arms the day before chest + back).

Today is hub's birthday so we will go out to dinner tonight - most likely the Keg (I love me a steak).

Shoulders and Back

Horizontal bar lat pull down
    3x10@110

T-Bar rows (weight is weight added to oly bar)
    10@45, 10@55, 10@55

BO Rows w/ preloaded EZ curl bar
    2x10@80

Seated Rows - V Bar
    8@110, 10@90, 10@90

DB OH Press
    3x10@30

Arnies
    2x10@22.5

Lateral Raises
    15@15, 15@15, 10@15

BO One Arm Cable Cross over lateral raises
    15@10, 15@10, 10@10

Cable Face Pulls
    2x10@90

Went and visited our local supplement store - it opened in the Spring of this year but it has terrible hours (closed at 6pm weeknights). Most people in my town who work outside the home commute to larger urban centres for work - none of us are home by 6!! So, I have avoided the store. My dad wanted to buy me some hooks for Christmas so I thought, hey, I am off - I'll go to the store and see if they have some (a guy at my gym said he thought they did).

I popped in - the store owner told me he had just bought it off the original owner and was trying to change the inventory plus improve the business hours (yeah!). I then looked at the hooks (all of them w/ pink wraps) and asked how much they were. He said he didn't have any price lists set up or a POS system for scanning PLUS he is trying to get rid of some inventory - so how about $20 cash? OKAY!!!!! Nice - they are "Haulin Hooks" and looks like you can pick them up on Amazon for about $55 bucks! SCORE!!!!

I am so excited to use them - but had to surrender them to my dad last night so he can wrap them and I can be surprised when I receive them for my birthday

CC

Nice score on the hooks!!! Enjoy your steak!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

double score - I looked at hooks last weekend and didn't buy but I don't know why...

Quick stop by journal land - hoping to catch up w/ journals tonight

Yesterday's workout (@ gym at work) - chest and back

DB Press (super set w/ below)
    10@35, 10@40, 10@40

WG Lat pull downs (super set w/ above)
    10@100, 10@100, 10@110

Flys
    3x10@25

Seated Rows
    10@80, 10@90, 10@90

Incline press (DB)
    3x10@30

BO DB Rows
    10@30, 10@25 - I find these very awkward

DB Curls
    3x10@20

Did 30 min on TM last night @10%, 4mp

Will hit the gym at lunch today to do the walk again plus a bit of glute work.

Have a great day everyone!

CC

Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000) Redfizz is just really nice. (+1000)
    Do you use the fly machine or db's.
    ~TEAM AMAZON~ Sisterhood of Iron

Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144133491
    MyFitnessPal Food Diary: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/food/diary/perpetua3d

"Whether you think you can or you thing you can't, you're right!" - Henry Ford

Originally Posted by Cardioconvert View Post
    BO DB Rows
    10@30, 10@25 - I find these very awkward

CC
    I am with you I just don't like the motion for it especially the way my trainer wants me to do it but he thinks I try and keep my body too static and need to roll my shoulders/twist a bit at the top of the movement so I get the proper contraction for the muscle group he wants hit with it. Basically tells me to pull my elbow to my tailbone so it is across, down and back to try and stay away from my traps as I overcompensate with them all the time.

Hey super jealous I heard you guys signed Kent Austin to GM/Coach - we wanted him back badly in Sask must be your nicer weather that attracted him

marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50) marathonmom262 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I am with you I just don't like the motion for it especially the way my trainer wants me to do it but he thinks I try and keep my body too static and need to roll my shoulders/twist a bit at the top of the movement so I get the proper contraction for the muscle group he wants hit with it. Basically tells me to pull my elbow to my tailbone so it is across, down and back to try and stay away from my traps as I overcompensate with them all the time.

Hey super jealous I heard you guys signed Kent Austin to GM/Coach - we wanted him back badly in Sask must be your nicer weather that attracted him
    Agreed on this too! I finally felt like I had locked in to the right "spot" with doing bent over rows on the Smith then last Friday I did it with DBs and really struggled to keep it out of my traps and my arms and focus on my back in the pull. I guess that's why it's good to switch up the routine every now and again at the very least!

Congrats on finding those hooks at such a great price! That will be a great bday present to receive!
    Please join me on my journey to find balance:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=147375163

Hey CC. Nice workout.
    Hope you have a great Christmas!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Originally Posted by Redfizz View Post
    Do you use the fly machine or db's.
    Hi Red - for flys, I only use DBs. I sometime use the pec deck for my rear delt work - sometimes it is a nice change.

I much prefer the BB for the BO rows. My hubs is excited about signing Kent too - maybe this will be the thing to bring back the 'Cats of the ole days?

Originally Posted by marathonmom262 View Post
    Agreed on this too! I finally felt like I had locked in to the right "spot" with doing bent over rows on the Smith then last Friday I did it with DBs and really struggled to keep it out of my traps and my arms and focus on my back in the pull. I guess that's why it's good to switch up the routine every now and again at the very least!

Congrats on finding those hooks at such a great price! That will be a great bday present to receive!
    Thanks - can't wait to use them!

Hey CC. Nice workout.
    Hope you have a great Christmas!!
    Thanks jjean - I hope you have a wonderful holiday season too!

CC

OKay - two lifting workouts and a cardio session to journal here.

My workouts have become a bit more focused and aggressive as I have my first 'review' with my pro on Jan 3.

On Tuesday, I did 30 min on the TM (10%, 4mph) and then some quick glute stuff:

Glute Bridges off the ball
    4 sets of 15 - first two with neutral toe, the next set toes out, then toes in

Supermans off the ball
    3 set of 15

SLDL w/ DBs
    3x10@35s

Today, I worked shoulders at lunch:

DB OH Press
    3x10@30

Arnie's
    2x10@20

Lateral Raises
    3x15@15

BO Lateral Raises
    3x15@12.5

Front raises (holding one DB)
    2x10@25

Push downs followed immediately by dips to fail
    10@40 + 15 dips, 10@50+10 dips, 8@50+4 dips - my tris were shot

Okay - gotta run - my kiddies are helping me make cookies (between my posts tonight) and they smell like they are done (more like burnt!)

Have a wonderful night tonight everyone,
    CC

sweet workout - I want to be like you when I grow up

Can't wait to hear what the pro has to say - your gonna rock. I should start saving my money now would love to come see your show.

gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gobbles23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nice workouts!

Mmmm, cookies! We gotta get on that soon!
    Team Cookies Give You Superpowers

Current Journal: Adventure Time with Turkey
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170094463&p=1489770341#post1489770341

My Super Awesome SNS log- Lori Battles the Holiday Pudge (Finished):
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=140145363&page=2

"She's not overtraining- she just trains stupid" -Kimm4

Nice workouts CC! Very excited to see what the pro has to say!
    Those push downs followed by the dips, you go GIRL!!!!
    Spoon Barbell Club

Love over fear

Okay - quick logging of tonight's leg workout then I have to wrap presents and not spend my night on the computer!

Did my workout in a very different order as the gym was very busy and all the equipment I wanted to use was already in use when I normally would have wanted to use it!

Leg extensions - single
    2x10@30

Hamstring curls
    3x10@90

BB Squats for the first time in 5 weeks, the gentleman using the squat rack for about two hours wasn't there - so I did free weight squats vs. Smith
    10@115, 10@135, 8@135

Bulgarian Split Squats - at Smith, weight is weight added per side
    10@20, 8@22.5, 8@22.5

Standing calf raises
    15@200, 15@200, 10@200

Cybex glute machine
    15@100, 15@100, 10@100

Have a great night everyone!

CC