Lynes77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

How soon to drink a protien shake after workout????

After my lifting workout i will usually run on the treadmill for 30-45 min, should I drink my protein shake after or before running? Also, what is a good protein power out there. I got a case of the Muscle Milk light from Costco but realized that the protein content is not specified, it does not say Whey protein. Should i change it up?

Thanks!!!

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I assume that you have fallen for the supplement industry's favorite concept: the mythical need for immediate post-workout protein.

Bro, you will do just fine having a shake after your cardio. In fact, you will not see any difference in body comp, if you skip the shake and just eat a chicken sandwich when you get home from the gym.

Lynes77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    I assume that you have fallen for the supplement industry's favorite concept: the mythical need for immediate post-workout protein.

Bro, you will do just fine having a shake after your cardio. In fact, you will not see any difference in body comp, if you skip the shake and just eat a chicken sandwich when you get home from the gym.

Thanks for the reply!

Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Swamp Dog has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    If you don't have an iv of protein in by your last rep your doing it wrong.

jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) jhouser is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    The thought of having a protein shake in my stomach while doing 45 minutes of cardio makes me shudder.

OP, you'll be fine to wait until after your cardio. I agree with snorkelman.
    EAS Myoplex® Representative

► ********.com/easbrand/
    ► twitter.com/easbrand
    ► instagram.com/easbrand/

YOU’RE IN A CONSTANT STATE OF BECOMING SOMETHING BETTER, SOMETHING MORE.

SO ARE WE. | Products will that take you from keeping up to moving past.

I am not a medical professional and my posts do not constitute medical advice. Please consult your qualified health care provider before using any dietary supplement. Use EAS products only as directed.

JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000) JNM209 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    I personally dont, I train fasted at 6 am and dont eat anything until 12, im on an intermittent fasting routine (google "leangains") but I break my fast with a 1000 calorie meal 50 grams supplemeent protein from my shake and 50+ from my meal...dont buy into the supp comp timing stuff your body will use the protein when needed, ive been steaduly cutting on my current routine after plateuing in weight loss and im still getting stronger while leaning... You can take that protein right away if you want but it aint that serious...

BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) BogusForLife has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The only way to see gains from a protein shake is to keep your shaker cup with you during the entire workout and use it to catch EVERY drop of sweat (this increases bioavailability by 105%). If you sweat on the bench, use a paper towel to soak it up and drain it into the shaker cup (same thing applies for clothes).

Once you've done that, it's imperative that you drink the sweat/protein powder concoction during the last rep of the last exercise while your targeted muscles are still under tension. If you mistakenly wait until the set is over, DO NOT drink the shake as it will be all but useless to do so. Instead, repeat the entire workout in reverse order (muscle confusion) and give yourself another shot at the last rep window.

Most lifters don't notice a difference when supplementing with protein shakes because they think "timing is irrelevant" or "drinking your own sweat is broscience" or "IIFYM" or "protein is protein" which couldn't be further from the truth.