sanchali23 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Eat before or after cardio first thing in the morning? Confused!

So I hear different things. Some say to eat within one hour of waking up and other say to do cardio on an empty stomach. which will help lost fat without sacrificing muscle?

mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by sanchali23 View Post
    So I hear different things. Some say to eat within one hour of waking up and other say to do cardio on an empty stomach. which will help lost fat without sacrificing muscle?
    Do cardio fasted. If you eat, your body will want to prioritize digestion. If you intend on doing cardio RIGHT when you wake up, I would suggest fasted. However, if you plan on doing it an hour or two after waking, I would say have something like a scoop of whey or something that digests VERY easy. 1/2 grapefruit?
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep
    http://infinitelabsstore.com/

♦♦ I Am Juggernaut Challenge ♦♦ Win a Trip to the 2011 Mr. Olympia!!!
    www.iamjuggernaut.com
    http://iamjuggernaut.com/rules.pdf

Group Juggernaut!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=30172

Visit Infinite Labs on ********:
    http://www.********.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

ROM and MMC are more important than EGO
    400Lb Gorilla

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    It's not going to make any difference, actually. You're still going to burn the same number of calories whether you do your cardio fasted or fed at the end of the day.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    It's not going to make any difference, actually. You're still going to burn the same number of calories whether you do your cardio fasted or fed at the end of the day.

exactly.

in which case eat a light meal before you do your cardio. on an empty stomach you wont have the same energy, and thus wont have as good of a workout. you need to feed your self. dont stuff yoruself right before, just a bit to get you through the workout, then eat a bit more after. remember small meals throughout the day is the best meal plan.

mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000) mtfx is just really nice. (+1000)
    Well, on paper, I suppose I agree...but digestion also consumes energy. Call it old habit on my part then.
    ~ Infinite Labs Rep
    http://infinitelabsstore.com/

♦♦ I Am Juggernaut Challenge ♦♦ Win a Trip to the 2011 Mr. Olympia!!!
    www.iamjuggernaut.com
    http://iamjuggernaut.com/rules.pdf

Group Juggernaut!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/group.php?groupid=30172

Visit Infinite Labs on ********:
    http://www.********.com/InfiniteLabsSupplements

ROM and MMC are more important than EGO
    400Lb Gorilla

yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50) yeahbuddy22 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by mtfx View Post
    Well, on paper, I suppose I agree...but digestion also consumes energy. Call it old habit on my part then.
    yeah but for me personally, and most ppl ive talked to about this agree that cardio on an empty stomach just doesnt have the same intensity and endurance as when you have a bit of good food in your stomach.

chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) chinesemuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Do whatever feels best for you, try them both. Personally I cramp if i do cardio on an empty stomach, but avoid eating anything that's hard to digest, like pasta and such.
    Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but doesn't nobody want to lift no heavy ass weights. --Ronnie Coleman

Come at me, bro! foodandfitness's Avatar
    foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) foodandfitness is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chinesemuscle View Post
    Do whatever feels best for you, try them both. Personally I cramp if i do cardio on an empty stomach, but avoid eating anything that's hard to digest, like pasta and such.
    ^ This is solid advice.

As for me, I know I can push myself harder in a fed state vs fasted. Intensity in your workouts is key.

KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50) KhoraskGTR will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    It's not going to make any difference, actually.
    ^^

yup..

unless your competing for some world record or competition and need to consider every little factor who gives a ****..

JUST do the damn cardio 'sometime' and get the benefits...