Thread: Inversion table

Rtegiresed Uesr ส้้้้้้้ WheyBeastly's Avatar
    WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500) WheyBeastly is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

Inversion table

Figured I'd make a thread recommending.
    I highly recommend getting an inversion table, or some kind of 'anti-gravity' device.

If you've been wanting new plates or something but don't have an anti-gravity equipment piece, then make it your priority. Seriously. Helps counteract compression from regular life activites as well as squating/deadlifting and other heavy lifting.

If you're lower back is aching from lifting/cardio, use an inversion table for even like a minute, then see how it feels. My discomfort decreases significantly if not entirely.
    Last edited by WheyBeastly; 02-13-2012 at 07:26 PM.
    Formerly Jouho.

Current/Goal
    Bench: 2.5 lbs / 5 lbs
    Squat: 3 lbs / 6 lbs
    Deadlift: 4 lbs / 7 lbs

*I'm actually an ant irl crew*

BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000) BuckeyeROC is just really nice. (+1000)
    Been thinking of getting one myself. No back pain here normally, but I went to a chiro for the first time who did some work and it seemed to have aligned some things in my back, cracked it pretty good in the middle. I was there for some Active Release Technique work in my shoulder and asked if he could check my back. I notice less discomfort while sitting for long periods and it seems to have helped my lower back discomfort on deadlifts now that things are where they should be.

What tables are the best and why?

TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TheDude8734 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I'm curious to know which table (brand) you used/bought.
    Any tips on what to look for in a table when going for the purchase?
    Stability/solidity is the first thing that comes to mind for me.
    I use my foam roller mostly everyday and with every workout to stretch my back,
    but I have also been curious about picking one of these tables up at the right price.
    []---[] Equipment Crew #78 []---[]

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #24 []---[]

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    just wanted to throw it out there...if you just let yourself hang from a pair of abstrabs you can still get a nice little decompression effect. it's not completely relaxing of course, because you have to hold yourself up but it's pretty nice. arching yourself backwards over a swiss ball is a good stretch as well.

RL Erik 'Iwhspr Fe comes' matrix563's Avatar
    matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    craigslist is a good place to look. mine is a life gear. i like it because i can kinda balance in the middle before going all the way down. its like a fulcrum. only one i've tried like that and i've tried a few others. i paid $35 for mine .

▪█───────█▪ Equipment Crew #46 ▪█───────█▪
    ▪█───────█▪ Ivanko Barbell Crew #21 ▪█───────█▪
    ||---|| Rogue Barbell Club #33 ||---||

~ 5th dimensional being ~

matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) matrix563 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    i also have a martial arts leg stretcher and a precor stretch trainer for additional stretching besides the inversion table and what i do on the floor for warmups. just some ideas .

jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    always wanted to try one before buying it though. don't mean to hijack but has anyone ever used the inversion boots with the hooks and just hung upside down to stretch and relax the spine?
    Raw Numbers (no belt or wraps) at 250lbs
    Squat-565
    Deadlift-655
    Bench -420

Promera Sports Gluta-Tren log (current)!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144144131&highlight=gluta-tren

Professional Supplements Karbolic and Iload log! Food pics, videos, and more! thanks for following!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142552141&p=836835611#post836835611

those probably work just the same but its more difficult i imagine to get up there and hook and unhook yourself.

Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Kodokan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by jsamor26 View Post
    always wanted to try one before buying it though. don't mean to hijack but has anyone ever used the inversion boots with the hooks and just hung upside down to stretch and relax the spine?
    yeah, i picked up a pair from craigslist on a whim...i can't say it's very relaxing to be honest. it does decompress the spine, but you get a high degree of stress in the knees and overall it's quite intense. plus, you have to be somewhat in shape just to get on and off the bar...i'd recommend having a rope or strap nearby so you don't end up 'hanging out' longer than you wan tto.

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    yeah, i picked up a pair from craigslist on a whim...i can't say it's very relaxing to be honest. it does decompress the spine, but you get a high degree of stress in the knees and overall it's quite intense. plus, you have to be somewhat in shape just to get on and off the bar...i'd recommend having a rope or strap nearby so you don't end up 'hanging out' longer than you wan tto.
    Even hanging upside down on an inversion table can be less than relaxing. Time starts to move pretty slowly once all that blood flows to your head......

jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50) jsamor26 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Kodokan View Post
    yeah i could see myself accidentally getting stuck up there and yelling for help lol. I think dicks sporting goods sells inversion tables. Next time i am over there i'll have to try one out
    Raw Numbers (no belt or wraps) at 250lbs
    Squat-565
    Deadlift-655
    Bench -420

Promera Sports Gluta-Tren log (current)!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144144131&highlight=gluta-tren

Professional Supplements Karbolic and Iload log! Food pics, videos, and more! thanks for following!
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=142552141&p=836835611#post836835611

rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by jsamor26 View Post
    yeah i could see myself accidentally getting stuck up there and yelling for help lol. I think dicks sporting goods sells inversion tables. Next time i am over there i'll have to try one out
    yeah. happened to me once and thank god my dad came home not too long after. I wouldn't use the machine if your home alone. Its not bad to use for 5 to 10 minutes to help go against everyday gravity effect.

ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000) ffrink is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
    yeah. happened to me once and thank god my dad came home not too long after. I wouldn't use the machine if your home alone. Its not bad to use for 5 to 10 minutes to help go against everyday gravity effect.
    Yes, its not too bad for five minutes or so. But you have to honestly ask your self how much five or ten minutes day will counteract about 16 or 17 other hours of gravity on the spine. Its a great idea when you think about it and you don't have one. But you can probably the same effect just hanging from a pullup bar without having to buy a piece that you will only use a few minutes a day.

rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) rocketdan9 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by ffrink View Post
    Yes, its not too bad for five minutes or so. But you have to honestly ask your self how much five or ten minutes day will counteract about 16 or 17 other hours of gravity on the spine. Its a great idea when you think about it and you don't have one. But you can probably the same effect just hanging from a pullup bar without having to buy a piece that you will only use a few minutes a day.
    Problem is, only a small percentage of adults , even in great shape can hang upside down from a pull up bar. Getting upside down is already difficult but getting off of it, could be something horrible to happen.

I don't recommend for anyone to do this, unless they are in amazing shape.

Another less costly way to hang upside down would be to do a handstand against the wall. Again not easy to do for most

The alternate safe but not as effective version is to hang part of your torso upside down from a bed.

Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz Wildtim has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by rocketdan9 View Post
    Problem is, only a small percentage of adults , even in great shape can hang upside down from a pull up bar. Getting upside down is already difficult but getting off of it, could be something horrible to happen.

I don't recommend for anyone to do this, unless they are in amazing shape.

Another less costly way to hang upside down would be to do a handstand against the wall. Again not easy to do for most

The alternate safe but not as effective version is to hang part of your torso upside down from a bed.
    LOL!

I'm not in great shape, or even very good shape, I'm in pretty decent shape for my age but not great, and I can hang upside down from a pull up bar, No boots pretty easily.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 11

"As iron sharpens iron so one man sharpens another" Proverbs 27:17

bobby1984 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Best inversion table...

Teeter hang up! Get it on qvc with installment payments and they'll last forever! Great product and has help me significantly with back pain and just decompressing after cardio or squats etc..
    P€ACE

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm so confused when someone who joined in 2007 posts his first post in 2014. Why wait 7 years?! WHY?!

I'll add to the thread. My associate bought one. Never tried it, but he said it helped. Even though I'm still in my 20s, having a chronic injury makes me feel a lot older & I seem to respond to traction-type of therapies.

Belt squats are awesome & help. Odd, I know.

I never had the room for a table, so I ended up using bands. Works well.

Imagine doing this movement from a power rack, where you are upside down & not at an angle.
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bobby1984 View Post
    Teeter hang up! Get it on qvc with installment payments and they'll last forever! Great product and has help me significantly with back pain and just decompressing after cardio or squats etc..

How about posting a vid of you demonstrating the device?
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) rlundregan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Synthetickiller View Post
    I'll add to the thread. My associate bought one. Never tried it, but he said it helped. Even though I'm still in my 20s, having a chronic injury makes me feel a lot older & I seem to respond to traction-type of therapies.

Belt squats are awesome & help. Odd, I know.

I never had the room for a table, so I ended up using bands. Works well.

Imagine doing this movement from a power rack, where you are upside down & not at an angle.
    That looks about as comfortable as that video of the SSB Box Squats you posted yesterday. I'm almost afraid to hear what feedback you would give on the routine I posted in EQ!

[]---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #29 []---[]
    []---[] York Barbell Club #59 []---[]
    []---[] Equipment Crew #48 []---[]
    l l---l l Rogue Barbell Club #3 l l---l l
    []---[] Mech6 Crew #9 []---[]

Can't break what's broken Synthetickiller's Avatar
    Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Synthetickiller has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by rlundregan View Post
    That looks about as comfortable as that video of the SSB Box Squats you posted yesterday. I'm almost afraid to hear what feedback you would give on the routine I posted in EQ!

If you wear jeans or something, the bands don't cut into you. You have to use heavy bands. Nothing else works as you'll be on the floor still. You're hanging upside down, so how comfortable can you be, lol? It works well, that's why I posted it.

As for your routine, I'll take a look, lol. Should be fun
    Crews: Ivanko Barbell Crew #52, York Barbell Club #95, Equipment Crew #59
    Lifts no one cares about:
    SQ: 619x1 (suit bottoms, no belt) / 507x1 (raw, no belt)
    BP: 392x1 (pause bench, raw)
    DL: 500x1 (suit bottoms, no belt)

rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000) rthawker is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Donnie Thompson has some great rehab/prehab videos. This one pertains to this thread and the scenery is much better in it too.

▪█─────█▪ Equipment Crew #52 ▪█─────█▪
    []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #5 []---[]

Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chewbongka will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I have the Ironman Ab training version which has 10 settings where you can lock off
    the degree of inversion and do situps, much better than the ones that just swing upside
    down with no lockoff.

Paid around $120 and got it used off craigslist but I would have paid full retail if I couldn't
    find one used. Think they cost around $200 new off Amazon.
    Great piece of equipment to have around.

Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Tyl8566 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I just ordered an Innova Inversion table that was on sale for $117 on Amazon - I have a prime account so shipping was minimal. Very easy to assemble - no worse than a bookshelf kit - much easier if you have a ratchet set and 13 mm socket versus the dinky tools they send.

It's great! My friends bought a similar one by Soozier.... same price, probably better because there's a fuller range of motion that allows you to fully invert to the extent you are hanging from the ankle brace and the backrest separates from your body - the innova doesn't do that.

Regardless... plenty of them on Craigslist if you're shopping on the cheap.

I'd recommend either and seeing if you can demo one... any type of table... at a sports store perhaps. This will familiarize yourself enough to understand what you should be looking for. Example - not wise to buy a car if you've never driven and need to learn that there are automatics vs manuals... etc.

Now that I used one at home for the first time and able to go at my own pace with it... immediate results were less back tension when sleeping, a distinct "stretch" of the mid abdomen and mid back. Felt great to use upon waking - and excited to use after the sauna when I'm pliable, warmed up and limber.

Also.. it seemed to resolve tension I normally get in my upper back just under and between shoulders.

Now if I can rotate my TV upside down... lol
    Last edited by Tyl8566; 03-28-2014 at 06:29 AM.
    ---
    Defeat is when you give up, winning is when you never stop.