Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rshift has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Nick's triset workout is so simple yet very effective. If you're cutting, total body workouts not only recruit more muscle fibers, but can increase your levels of testosterone production.

I found this while searching the net and there's plenty out there to prove this:

"Since you can typically use more weight on exercises that target these muscles (squats, chin-ups, bench presses, lunges, etc.) than exercises that train smaller muscle groups i.e. barbell curls, you will do more work with each set. Combining these exercises in each workout means more work per training session. The more work you do, the more calories you will burn. When done with short rest periods between sets, Total Body Training forces your body will continue to burn calories from fat hours after your workout is done."

I'm wondering what it would be like if you add in some pushups in there and switch it up to 2 supersets with pushups/chinups then dips and squats and rest 1-2 mins each. I tried the triset and was beat after going back up to 3. Thanks for the workout though, it's definitely worth anyones time.
    Bulking til 160.

Plateauing at 155.

Bench: 225lbs
    Squat: 265lbs
    Deadlift: 295lbs

About to start 4 weeks AX/Stoked combo again.
    1st 2 wks AX, 3rd week in start Stoked

dblogo has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by nickmanzoni View Post
    Here's a routine I like to do. It's nothing spectacular, but I've done it and it keeps me lean when I put on a couple extra lbs.

Warm-up of cardio 10 mins.

Tri-set this:
    Chin-ups (bodyweight)- 10 reps
    Dips-(bodyweight) 10 reps
    Squats (bodyweight, and your weight in lbs on your back)-10 reps
    Rest 1-2 mins tops
    Then do it again, droping one rep of each. i.e.:
    chin-ups- 9 reps
    dips-9 reps
    squats-9 reps
    repeat until failure, or if you can get to one rep of each, go back UP and see if you can get to ten of each again. I myself can only get back up to 3 of each before totally gassed.

If bodyweight exercises are a problem, assisted pullup/dip machines can be subbed, as long as you can promise yourself that you're doing enough weight to really push your limits.

With all of these compounds, you don't NEED to target those abs, but you can try doing planks after this routine to really feel it throughout your entire body.

I recommend trying to do 20 seconds plank/ 20 seconds rest for as long as you can for 3 sets. You're toasted, I promise.

Doing this 3 times a week will hit all major muscles, and increase calorie demand exponentially.

Thanks for reading.
    Hey, are they wide arm pullups or underhand? Also, Im not big into carbs early in the day. would it be fine if i carb load before and after workout and the rest of the time cut carbs. Dont know if my muscles would have ample food to repair.
    Cant wait to do this workout. I love Dips. right now i add 70lbs when i dip and just started adding weight to wide arm pullups. Usually do a full body workout, but not with this intensity. 178lbs. 16% and strong as hell.

nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    I think that as long as you're doing either pull-ups or chin ups, you're getting an effective workout. It's more on your personal preference. Do you have a wide back? Is middle back thickness a weakness? These are things one should consider, and adjust the workout appropriately.
    I would've lied if I told you this was easy.

Check out my tumblr: http://nickmanzoni.tumblr.com/

nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100) nickmanzoni is not very well liked. (-100)
    I'm glad someone else understands the concept and science behind my workout.
    It's great that you're getting results. But I think that the pushups would only get in the way when I think of it. It is just my opinion, but you can do what's best for you. The concept I think is what should be made clear: total body working compound movements.

ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50) ajdmuscle will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here's a routine I like to do. It's nothing spectacular, but I've done it and it keeps me lean when I put on a couple extra lbs.

Tri-set this:
    Rest 1-2 mins tops
    chin-ups- 9 reps
    dips-9 reps
    squats-9 reps
    repeat until failure, or if you can get to one rep of each, go back UP and see if you can get to ten of each again. I myself can only get back up to 3 of each before totally gassed.

If bodyweight exercises are a problem, assisted pullup/dip machines can be subbed, as long as you can promise yourself that you're doing enough weight to really push your limits.

With all of these compounds, you don't NEED to target those abs, but you can try doing planks after this routine to really feel it throughout your entire body.

I recommend trying to do 20 seconds plank/ 20 seconds rest for as long as you can for 3 sets. You're toasted, I promise.

Doing this 3 times a week will hit all major muscles, and increase calorie demand exponentially.

Thanks for reading.
    I cant do squats right now due to an injury, is there something else I could replace it with and still get the same effect?
    The lesson is in the struggle, not in the victory.

Lunges, leg presses. etc. mind if I ask what injury?

DaninSpain has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tri-Set Feedback

Interested in your and everyone's feedback.
    Being sticking to the Tri-set now Mon / Wed / Fri for the last 2 weeks , Squats still at 90lbs ( about 65% of Bodyweight ) , Added Press-ups after the Dips , still at 10-9......2-1-1-2 , added in a few sets of Lat raises if I have any steam left in me.

If this workout is done 3 x per week it is plenty , I could not imagine doing anything else and don?t feel that I need to , it feels to be hitting pretty much everything , and I feel that i really need the rest days in between.

I feel to be getting stronger and Fitter with every workout , but more importantly can really feel the burn.

... Now if I can only find the motivation and discipline to get my diet in order ...

Strength/Condition Coach jdiritto's Avatar
    jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    a negative caloric state (calories in < calories out)

duh

riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    nickmanzoni i just wondered,

What diet should one consume through out the cutting process whilst doing your tri-set?

I find myself retaining alot of water too, and it's really annoying. I like to think I eat clean also.

Thanks in advance

Originally Posted by jdiritto View Post
    a negative caloric state (calories in < calories out)

duh
    If it was as simple as this, everyone would be lean....duh.

Riich: Consider timing your carbs for pre and post workout, and then taper off throughout the rest of your day.

jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50) jdiritto will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    it is as simple as that -- but in a society where the vast majority does not exercise, let alone have a physically active lifestyle, or have a clue about proper diet/nutrition, it isn't simple (for them).

the only way to lean out, is to burn more calories than you consume, which is achieved through cardiovascular or resistence training.

riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) riiich has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Ok will do.

Briefly I can tell you my diet from info i have gathered recently. (excuse me as i am new and uneducated to BBin and nutrition)

8am 6 scrambled egg whites (2yolks) 1 slice of wholemeal bread, 1cup dandelion tea

10.30am Reflex low carb protein shake & 1 banana

1pm Half cup wholegrain rice, 2-3 mid sized chicken breast & 1 glass of water

3pm Whole tin of tuna & salad with low fat dressing & 1 glass of water

6pm 2 large chicken breasts, 1 cup of veg & 1 glass of water

And if I am hungry later I may have another shake.

I was 154lbs last week I weighed in at 160lbs today and I am 5'8" Only been training 2months, dropped weight and now it appears to be creeping back slowly.

If there is anything here i am doing wrong I will accpect your criticism/ advice.

Thanks in advance

PS Apologies for taking over the thread

it is as simple as that -- but in a society where the vast majority does not exercise, let alone have a physically active lifestyle, or have a clue about proper diet/nutrition, it isn't simple (for them).

the only way to lean out, is to burn more calories than you consume, which is achieved through cardiovascular or resistence training.
    You need to study more.
    Your metabolic rate can drop to 65% OF your maximum potential (or drops to 45%).

You would never be able to lose weight by eating LESS alone.

Originally Posted by riiich View Post
    Ok will do.

Briefly I can tell you my diet from info i have gathered recently. (excuse me as i am new and uneducated to BBin and nutrition)

8am 6 scrambled egg whites (2yolks) 1 slice of wholemeal bread, 1cup dandelion tea

10.30am Reflex low carb protein shake & 1 banana

1pm Half cup wholegrain rice, 2-3 mid sized chicken breast & 1 glass of water

3pm Whole tin of tuna & salad with low fat dressing & 1 glass of water

6pm 2 large chicken breasts, 1 cup of veg & 1 glass of water

And if I am hungry later I may have another shake.

I was 154lbs last week I weighed in at 160lbs today and I am 5'8" Only been training 2months, dropped weight and now it appears to be creeping back slowly.

If there is anything here i am doing wrong I will accpect your criticism/ advice.

Thanks in advance

PS Apologies for taking over the thread
    I can't answer this question because I know nothing about you.

All I see is that this *could be* is alot of food for someone your size.

Yah I was thinking that myself when writing it out, however, that is what i consume daily.

I just want to get to the bottom of it; it's really getting on my last nerve.

Thanks
    Rich

You need to study more.
    Your metabolic rate can drop to 65% OF your maximum potential (or drops to 45%).

You would never be able to lose weight by eating LESS alone.
    Right..

Right..
    Show me ONE study that says that you only have to eat less to lose weight (and keep muscle mass). It would work for as long as your metabolic rate takes to slow down.

Go ahead. You can neg me all you want, but you're not going to find one.

Now I need a consensus, because this kid is going to teach everyone to the contrary.

"Is all you need to do to lose weight a matter of eating less"?

Yes or no.

Nowhere have I stated you need to eat less to lose weight/get definition -- don't be so quick to make assumptions

I've simply stated that to lose weight/bodyfat you need to be in a negative caloric balance (calories in less than calories used)

You can eat 4200 calories day in day out -- if you burn 4200 calories you will maintain your current body weight -- if you burn 4500 calories you will be losing weight. If you burn 3800 calories you will be gaining weight. The longer you function in a negative caloric state, the more bodyweight you will lose. What your nutrient consumption looks like in terms of protein, fiber, etc. will influence weather or not you are losing muscle mass (catabolism)

There are numerous means to increase your metabolic rate (training, nutrition, stimulants, etc.), there by increasing the amount of calories you burn, there by putting you into a negative caloric state without reducing caloric intake or even altering dietary intake (assuming you don't eat insane amounts of calories).
    Last edited by jdiritto; 06-19-2008 at 01:35 PM.

Sweatin' to the Oldies Austin109's Avatar
    Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Austin109 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    when i try to get cut all i change is the amount of food, change the rep scheme from 4-8 to 12-15, and add 1 new lift to to every day.

Back= Power Clean and Jerk.

Chest= Flye-Press

Shoulders= Upright Row

Legs= Squat Jumps.

all of these will start to strip off body fat from me at least.

Nowhere have I stated you need to eat less to lose weight/get definition -- don't be so quick to make assumptions

I've simply stated that to lose weight/bodyfat you need to be in a negative caloric balance (calories in less than calories used)

You can eat 4200 calories day in day out -- if you burn 4200 calories you will maintain your current body weight -- if you burn 4500 calories you will be losing weight. If you burn 3800 calories you will be gaining weight. The longer you function in a negative caloric state, the more bodyweight you will lose. What your nutrient consumption looks like in terms of protein, fiber, etc. will influence weather or not you are losing muscle mass (catabolism)

There are numerous means to increase your metabolic rate (training, nutrition, stimulants, etc.), there by increasing the amount of calories you burn, there by putting you into a negative caloric state without reducing caloric intake or even altering dietary intake (assuming you don't eat insane amounts of calories).
    I believe I said that it isn't as simple as less calories in than out will cause you to lose weight, because if it were true you would have everyone eating crackers and running on the treadmill all day and have everyone be lean." Then you said "it is as simple as that -- but in a society where the vast majority does not exercise, let alone have a physically active lifestyle, or have a clue about proper diet/nutrition, it isn't simple (for them)."

To which I said
    Your metabolic rate can drop to 65% OF your maximum potential (or drops to 45%). You would never be able to lose weight by eating LESS alone.
    Then you said:

To which you replied with a sarcastic "right...."

I don't have an english degree, but I think that would imply you felt the statement was false, not just the first statement, but every other statement, you're looking for an e-fight.

indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) indocanuck has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Down >3 lbs.

Originally Posted by indocanuck View Post
    Tried it last week once, and am now starting on it 3x week to see how it works out. Will also start supplementing with a fat burner. So far each workout leaves me totally burned. I still feel the bodyheat coming off me 5-6 hours after the workout.
    Two weeks in and I'm down about 3-5 lbs. Started doing a short yoga routine in the mornings though to stretch/loosen up though cause I was waking up really stiff in the hips, traps and shoulders.

I'm making it down to 1, and then back up again to 4, but almost felt like puking today after the workout. Still feel a little queasy. Also, have to use the chin assist machine to be able to complete the pull ups which I find to be the hardest part of the workout (but I'm fine with bodyweight dips and squats with 190 lbs. on back).

Haven't really changed diet in any way. If anything I'm definitely drinking a lot more liquids.

My plan is to keep this up until the end of July and then see where I'm at. How long do you normally recommend folks doing this routine? Does 6-8 weeks seem too long? Thanks.

Originally Posted by indocanuck View Post
    Two weeks in and I'm down about 3-5 lbs. Started doing a short yoga routine in the mornings though to stretch/loosen up though cause I was waking up really stiff in the hips, traps and shoulders.

I'm making it down to 1, and then back up again to 4, but almost felt like puking today after the workout. Still feel a little queasy. Also, have to use the chin assist machine to be able to complete the pull ups which I find to be the hardest part of the workout (but I'm fine with bodyweight dips and squats with 190 lbs. on back).

Haven't really changed diet in any way. If anything I'm definitely drinking a lot more liquids.

My plan is to keep this up until the end of July and then see where I'm at. How long do you normally recommend folks doing this routine? Does 6-8 weeks seem too long? Thanks.
    Congrats on the success!
    If you would have worked the diet a little more (i allude to it in earlier posts), you could've potentially lost more.
    You could do this for 8 weeks before it becomes too taxing on the body.

rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50) rb82 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Tri-set this:
    Rest 1-2 mins tops
    chin-ups- 9 reps
    dips-9 reps
    squats-9 reps

Thanks for reading.
    Nick,

How long does it usually take to complete the routine and how much rest should be taking between tri-sets?

thanks

Originally Posted by rb82 View Post
    Nick,

How long does it usually take to complete the routine and how much rest should be taking between tri-sets?

thanks
    Let's say rest for 1-2 minutes. How long it takes is up to you...

shadyone2112 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I have done this workout several times (about 5 times) since I heard of it and I got to admit its pretty bad ass. I did it the first time with two others and we had a hard time. We got to 1 going down and stopped cause we were to tired. Now I do it by myself and today I went all the way down to 1 and back up to 4. I did it at 205 because I am 203. I felt like I could of kept going but I actually had to leave the gym early. Next time I will try to go back to ten. Also my rountine is usually a day of cardio like running and jumping rope the the next day some kind of weight excersie. I been like this for about a month and have only lost 3lbs. I think that should be good. I try to eat healthy but its kinda hard cause I'm in iraq and everything is so fatty. I'm trying to cut down my bf from 25 to at least 18. If I stick to this kind of workout will I make my goal?

Originally Posted by shadyone2112 View Post
    I have done this workout several times (about 5 times) since I heard of it and I got to admit its pretty bad ass. I did it the first time with two others and we had a hard time. We got to 1 going down and stopped cause we were to tired. Now I do it by myself and today I went all the way down to 1 and back up to 4. I did it at 205 because I am 203. I felt like I could of kept going but I actually had to leave the gym early. Next time I will try to go back to ten. Also my rountine is usually a day of cardio like running and jumping rope the the next day some kind of weight excersie. I been like this for about a month and have only lost 3lbs. I think that should be good. I try to eat healthy but its kinda hard cause I'm in iraq and everything is so fatty. I'm trying to cut down my bf from 25 to at least 18. If I stick to this kind of workout will I make my goal?
    Absolutely.

I myself went from 170 at 7% b.f. starting when I posted my workout and lost 6 lbs and went back to 5%. I am really thrilled with my own results, and I think that if you commit to this, you will most certainly reach your goals.

Tri workout was the bomb

so im already used to doing full body workouts, but this was great. deffinately felt pumped. started out just using bodyweight like you suggested, but was way to easy.

I did Pullups with extra 30lbs hanging
    Dips with extra 65 to 60lbs hanging
    and bodyweight on back with the squats, but think i could go up another 25lbs.

I weigh 175 to im pretty impressed. Dips are one of my favorite workouts and i already have wide arm pullups in my routine. I did underhand pullups though and was impressed by what i did.

did the whole 10 sets and planks at the end. actually felt like i needed to start adding weight to everything when i started getting down to 4 reps.

As far as food goes. my perspective is if your hungry EAT! ive tried working out and not eating enough and ive hurt my muscles in the process and still have trouble. If you want to loose weight I would think that you should push your body to the max and eat only what your body can digest in a single setting which is not what most people think.

It doesnt help that I work outside for about 9 to 12 hours a day then go and lift after work. I have to eat a lot of food. to keep my strength up.

Originally Posted by DaninSpain View Post
    Being sticking to the Tri-set now Mon / Wed / Fri for the last 2 weeks , Squats still at 90lbs ( about 65% of Bodyweight ) , Added Press-ups after the Dips , still at 10-9......2-1-1-2 , added in a few sets of Lat raises if I have any steam left in me.

If this workout is done 3 x per week it is plenty , I could not imagine doing anything else and don?t feel that I need to , it feels to be hitting pretty much everything , and I feel that i really need the rest days in between.

I feel to be getting stronger and Fitter with every workout , but more importantly can really feel the burn.

... Now if I can only find the motivation and discipline to get my diet in order ...
    I think that this workout would be great for even once a week, If your doing a full body workout like i do, you could go heavy with low reps one day then a few days later do this workout. Would be a great way to keep your body guessing and growing.

pikeaf01 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Workout 1

The best results vary. One that had tremendous results with less time(or less time for a regular gym schedule), involved me getting in the weight room and getting th most out of the little time I had.

My favorite but most painful was starting of on a Monday morning:
    Bench: 6 sets of 10 immediately followed up by
    Squat: 6 sets of 10
    Give yourself a min or 2 after the combo and have a water bottle at the bench.

You should at least start of with your body weight. After all, you are trying to cut down from the size you gained off winter, right? If you are more experienced then you know what to do to make it hurt. This should not be easy. Your goal is to finish under 30 min. and the last set might not make it to 10.
    You follow this up with your choice of steady, low-med. level cardio. Preferably one with less impact on your legs because there gonna be a little shaky. I prefer the seated bike.

Tuesdays involved a similar high pace lifting routine, but it rather focused on the smaller muscles and more isolated movements.

Same sets and reps, now involving bi's,tri's, and shoulders.
    Starting off:
    -Brain crushers basically tricep extensions on a bench laying face up.) The bar, usualy an easy bar, will be held close grip(about thumbs apart), above the head. Lower slowly to the crown of the head and then extended upward squeezing the extension.
    -Standing bar bell curls
    -Military press
    *execute consecutively. 2 sets of 10-15

Next rotation
    Cable tricep press( I like to use the rope on these)
    Cable bicep curls (using the rope as well, hammer style)
    Lateral raises (you can use the cables or not)
    *ex con. 2/10-15

Next rotation:
    Over head tricep extension
    Concentration curls
    Front shoulder raises
    *ex con, 2/10-15

If you can wave to a friend after this you wussed out on the amount of weight. Again this is something that you only give 1-2min worth of rest in between combos and should be straining at the end, which should be about 30 min or less. I follow this day up with intense cardio. I prefer the stair machine but some days my ADHD kicks in and I vary with a combo of different fast paced cardio exercises(Jump rope, jogging, suicides, stairs, elliptical).

Wednesday: Usually stuck to straight cardio both morning and evening.

Thursday:
    Pretty much repeating the process except your two major muscle parts are the legs and back this time.
    Pull ups or pull downs: 6 sets of 10-15
    Leg Press: 6/10-15

Can ya tell that I place a high importance on the legs? Not only is it one of the corner stones of bodybuilding or just building a better body, but it is the largest group of muscles (or should be) in your body. This means that working them will require more energy and burn more calories.

Friday is again similar to Tuesday. Pick 3 different tricep, bicep, and shoulder exercises. Use the same process and get to it!

Use Saturday and Sunday as cardio and rest. This time cardio should be fun. Do something that seems less like a work out, like pick up basketball but never stop running. Take a swim or a jog along a beach.

With a god diet these results can happen fast. You keep changing your workouts but keep the same body parts. Keep this up for about six weeks and you can shred up pretty nice. You will feel really zapped from these workouts and it is not much for actual muscle building. If you are a true ?bodybuilder? I use a different technique when it comes to ?cutting? up, but this will definitely help you burn those excess calories.

Personally the summer is not really a factor for me. It all has to do with my contest schedule. This year it just so happens to be a lot of contest focused for the fall time frame leaving me with more time to try and make some gains in the summer. If I was to try and cut for a given time period, I usually leave about 2-3 months time period. I haven?t had problems ?cutting up? but it does take me a while to get used to a new diet, which I include in that time frame.

If I can find time I will post my more "Mass friendly" workout to cut up.

becket has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Tri-set this:
    Rest 1-2 mins tops
    chin-ups- 9 reps
    dips-9 reps
    squats-9 reps

Thanks for reading.
    Fantastic!
    I would like to do some cardio and maybe abs on the off days as I have a somewhat sedentary job that keeps me on my butt most of the day.
    Would you recommend staying away from that and sticking to three time per week of this workout or could I get away with some extra stuff in-between?