1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Smile Check out this new bread I found. 1 net carb per slice.

This bread does not achieve low carbs via the questionable and not advisable on ketosis "slow carbs" method using inulin infused ingredients such as Dreamfields pasta and Julian Bakery bread, rather it seems they have achieved very low carbs and high fiber more naturally and holistically with other ingredients.

Mahler's Bakery "California Lifestyle Flax-Soy Bread"
    (per slice)
    Total Carb 6g
    Fiber 5g
    Protein 10g

Ingredients: Wheat Gluten, Buttermilk Powder, Soy Flour, Wheat Bran, Oat Flour, Canola Oil, Almond Meal, Sliced Almonds, Flax Meal, Flax Seed, Yeast and Salt.

It tastes too good to be true. Not my favorite tasting bread, but for 1 net carb (if indeed that is the truth) this bread is a miracle. I can have two grilled cheese sandwiches twice per day and stay in ketosis. It tastes like a very hearty wheat bread, a bit dry but still good. It would be a good sandwich bread with cold cuts. I have been making cinnamon & sugar toast with it too using butter and granulated splenda. It's like I'm cheating but I'm not.

I buy mine at Fresh & Easy Market. It is fresh, not frozen like low carb Julian Bakery Bread at Whole Foods.

http://www.mahlersbakery.com

If I get knocked out of ketosis, I will report back. But so far so good.
    Go with God.

ncron714 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Just visited the website and the bread you are speaking of has 6 carbs and only 1 fiber so the net carbs are 5 grams. Still pretty low but I would at most have 2 slices a day. I myself will continue to look for lower carb.

1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10) 1976pianoman is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by ncron714 View Post
    Just visited the website and the bread you are speaking of has 6 carbs and only 1 fiber so the net carbs are 5 grams. Still pretty low but I would at most have 2 slices a day. I myself will continue to look for lower carb.
    I should have mentioned this. Those numbers on the website are wrong and should be updated soon. Here is what I was told:

"Hello Ryan,

I wanted to get back to you with the information you asked about in your
    previous email. I needed to confer with our production supervisors and make
    sure I obtained all the facts before I replied.

First of all, we are in the process of updating our labels, as our
    ingredients, content, and values have changed a bit since we first started
    making this bread. One of these changes includes the increase of fiber to
    5grams - for all 3 of the different types of California Lifestyle breads
    (our line of low-carb, high-protein, high-fiber bread tested and approved by
    the American Diabetes Association to help keep healthy blood sugar levels).

The carbohydrates, which I know you are concerned about is a little higher
    and the content is as follows: California Lifestyle Flax-Soy-6g carbs,
    California Lifestyle Flax-Soy bread with Cinnamon & Walnut-8g carbs, and
    California Lifestyle bread with Vegetable Protein Blend-6g carbs. To answer
    your other question, we do have all of the products made here at Mahler's
    Bakery, tested with a lab and those results are used in our labeling
    process. I hope this information helps and please let me know if you have
    any additional questions or if I missed anything. Once again, thank you for
    your interest in our products. We truly appreciate it!

Best,
    Sabrina Miller
    Mahler’s Bakery
    info@mahlersbakery.com
    760-941-7659 (tel)
    760-941-8436 (fax)
    Mähler’s Bakery
    Established 1960-2011
    Celebrating Over 50 Fifty years of Baking Excellence"

Here is a picture of the updated label from a loaf I recently got from Fresh & Easy:

Go with God.

markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Where in Cali are you? Im in Orange county and would love to pick some up, any chance of it being in stock anywhere around here?

Originally Posted by markdoddridge View Post
    Where in Cali are you? Im in Orange county and would love to pick some up, any chance of it being in stock anywhere around here?
    Mahler’s Bakery
    info@mahlersbakery.com
    760-941-7659 (tel)

You can find out if you contact Mahler's Bakery. There appears to be Fresh & Easy locations in Orange County. I get mine at Fresh & Easy here in Northridge. FYI- there are 2 variations of this bread that look very similar at F&E. One is cinnamon which has a few more carbs. Be sure to read the label carefully so you know which one you are getting. I have found that the cinnamon variety is not the way to go. If I want cinnamon I can put it on myself and save the extra carbs.
    Go with God.

markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50) markdoddridge will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good info Bro, picked up a loaf today at Fresh and Easy, they only had the cinnamon swirl bread at sprouts. Doesn't taste too different from normal wheat bread.

Good info Bro, picked up a loaf today at Fresh and Easy, they only had the cinnamon swirl bread at sprouts. Doesn't taste too different from normal wheat bread.
    I know, right? It's pretty darn good stuff. Curious to know from others if this bread knocks anyone out of keto. I want to trust the label, but I am hesitant. It's too early to tell with me, as I just recently started back on keto and don't have any test strips. I'll know for sure if indeed this is miracle bread in the next few weeks.
    Go with God.

Sad to report that there is something off with this bread. I am not in ketosis right now and I should be if this bread is indeed 1 net carb per slice. Either the labeling is wrong or there is something about the science of deducting fiber from total carbs that is not sound. If I re-work the math and not deduct the fiber, then it makes sense that I would be over my daily carb marcos.

Maybe if I limited my intake to 2 slices per day (one sandwich) things would be okay, yet quite often I would have 4 slices per day.

For now, I'm going to go back to hard core, no shortcuts keto as I really want to get this last 10 pounds off. Maybe in the future I will do a 2 slice per day test and see, but for now this bread is out.
    Go with God.

lbcrep has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I just purchased this bread today. Found this forum while researching it. Any updates?

Originally Posted by lbcrep View Post
    I just purchased this bread today. Found this forum while researching it. Any updates?
    Nothing new from me. I'm taking a break from it for now. You should try it and tell us if you stay in keto. I wouldn't eat more than 2 slices per day if you're doing keto.
    Go with God.

03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    If you are in OC you should get Julian's Bakery bread. They have great variety, and even one that has zero carbs! They have a locator on their website to where you can find their bread...

http://www.julianbakery.com/bread/

BTW you WILL stay in ketosis with Julain's Bakery Bread. I have had up to 6 slices a day

Originally Posted by 03SVT_COBRA View Post
    If you are in OC you should get Julian's Bakery bread. They have great variety, and even one that has zero carbs! They have a locator on their website to where you can find their bread...

http://www.julianbakery.com/bread/

BTW you WILL stay in ketosis with Julain's Bakery Bread. I have had up to 6 slices a day
    THANK YOU for reporting this. I know all about Julian Bakery bread, but have never tried it. They infuse large amount of inulin (fiber) to knock the net carb # way down, even to zero on that one variety. They have a low carb Sourdough that I want to try. So you are for certain that you stayed in keto on their bread?
    Go with God.

Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Kruniac has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    That's pretty damn awesome. I can finally have some tuna fish sandwiches and so forth. Or toast with my eggs. This is completely boss.

03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) 03SVT_COBRA has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 1976pianoman View Post
    THANK YOU for reporting this. I know all about Julian Bakery bread, but have never tried it. They infuse large amount of inulin (fiber) to knock the net carb # way down, even to zero on that one variety. They have a low carb Sourdough that I want to try. So you are for certain that you stayed in keto on their bread?
    Yes I am positive I stay in keto. Sometimes I will have 4 slices of the Cinnamon Zero Carb bread for breakfast. I will use egg whites, xylitol, and almond milk to make delicious french toast with eggs, bacon, and sausage. Never has kicked me out of keto.

Also check out the banana bread recipe in the recipes section I posted. Unbelievably good!

FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000) FranchiseKid is just really nice. (+1000)
    I have a place not too far from me that sells this. I am going to buy the 'ish out of it this weekend. Thanks!
    Faith makes all things possible. Love makes all things easy.

Faith isn't faith until it is all you are holding on to.

I'm up in your thread, injectin' teh knowlidge.

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Lol at this garbage eat.real.food.
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=608052853&posted=1#post608052853

BEARS, CUBS, BULLS, HAWKS, SOX, MMA

Originally Posted by DustyChicago View Post
    Lol at this garbage eat.real.food.
    Why even contribute that post? How could something possibly be "garbage" if it keeps people motivated to stay in keto, adds variety to their diet, and also has good macro-nutrients such as fiber?

The only garbage is your opinion...

DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50) DustyChicago will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Good macrontrients?

Like gluten which around 80% of the population have some sort of intolerance of? Like soy, which 90% is GMO and is ripe with phyto-estrogens that disrupt your hormone productions? Like Canola Oil which is banned from baby formula because of studies that show that it disrupts growth in animals?

I also question "the variety is good" mentality. For me, I like eating the same thing and noticing minute differences in performance when I make one small change and keep all other variables constant.

But, I feel ya, "dont let the perfect be the enemy of the good."

Good macrontrients?

Like gluten which around 80% of the population have some sort of intolerance of? Like soy, which 90% is GMO and is ripe with phyto-estrogens that disrupt your hormone productions? Like Canola Oil which is banned from baby formula because of studies that show that it disrupts growth in animals?

I also question "the variety is good" mentality. For me, I like eating the same thing and noticing minute differences in performance when I make one small change and keep all other variables constant.

But, I feel ya, "dont let the perfect be the enemy of the good."
    A few slices isn't going to kill you man....

I have checked out Julian's breads at several grocery stores. I live in Long Beach and work in Century City (I know, daily traffic torture!), all of their breads seem to run at about 15 carbs and 5-6 fiber. Never seen any of their breads under. I have checked Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and the regulars like Ralph's and Von's. I'll check the same place I got the Mahler's...'Sprouts' and see what they have. At what store did you find the zero net breads?

I have checked out Julian's breads at several grocery stores. I live in Long Beach and work in Century City (I know, daily traffic torture!), all of their breads seem to run at about 15 carbs and 5-6 fiber. Never seen any of their breads under. I have checked Trader Joe's, Whole Foods, and the regulars like Ralph's and Von's. I'll check the same place I got the Mahler's...'Sprouts' and see what they have. At what store did you find the zero net breads?
    They make a variety of bread, but look on their website for dealers. I was actually mistaken about Sprouts. At least in my area it looks like they only stock it in Mother's and Whole Foods. I get mine at Whole Foods.

I get either the Smart Carb #1 bread which is 3g net carbs or the Zero carb bread. They have other variety's of regular bread too, so don't get those. They have have zero carb cookies which are great as well!

Cool! I'll check another Whole Foods. The one in WLA does not carry the specific breads you mentioned.

Cool! I'll check another Whole Foods. The one in WLA does not carry the specific breads you mentioned.
    Yeah you should be able to find them without too much trouble. Call before you go so you don't waste gas or time. I live in OC so I know you can find it out in LBC.

Originally Posted by 03SVT_COBRA View Post
    A few slices isn't going to kill you man....
    Based on my experience, eating processed "carb substitutes" for sweets and breads will eliminate some of the better advantages of keto.

For one, Julian breads and Atkins bars have been showed repeatedly to raise blood glucose levels, which leads to other problems.

For me, one of the best things about a low-carb, real food, ketogenic diet is that I loose my sweet tooth and cravings for carbs and sugar. I eat only when I'm hungry and until I"m full. When I was still doing things like sugar-free jello, atkins bar, or low-carb bread and muffins, I was still had a huge craving when I'd see pancakes or a slice of pizza.

But people gotta do what works for them, and if these substitutes are a stepping stone to a healthier way of eating, go for it.

Agreed! Each individual must find the path that works best for them.
    Personally, I am seeking a low carb bread for those times when I want to reward myself with a sandwich without cheating.
    The psychology for me is, I feel like I'm cheating, but I'm really not if the bread is indeed within my carb intake limit.
    I'm new at this. After my 2 week induction, my face has thinned and my clothes fit looser. My belly is flattening. I'm not as concerned about weight as I am fat loss. My test strips show a dark pink. I would like for it to show purple and I'm assuming that further reducing my carb intake will help me achieve this. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

The psychology for me is, I feel like I'm cheating, but I'm really not if the bread is indeed within my carb intake limit.
    That is the way I look at it as well. If you are getting good results that you are happy about, that is all that matters! Because of these "cheat foods" I have had no reason for a carb-up since I started keto almost 6 weeks ago. Down 28 pounds so far if you count the two weeks of regular dieting I did before I started keto!

Great job Cobra! And that is an interesting take... to use carb substitutes instead of a carb up to maintain an SKD.

lbcrep... please read about ketostix... the color doesnt matter. In fact, darker in some cases, can indicate that your body is not efficiently utilizing ketones as fuel.

Great job Cobra! And that is an interesting take... to use carb substitutes instead of a carb up to maintain an SKD.

lbcrep... please read about ketostix... the color doesnt matter. In fact, darker in some cases, can indicate that your body is not efficiently utilizing ketones as fuel.
    Interesting. Thanks DC. Will do