jfpardini has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Boxing, Swimming, Lifting

Objective: To fit a boxing, swimming, and weightlifting program into my schedule

Available time: 10am to 12:30pm, and after 7pm

Profile: 22 yrs old 5'8 170lbs All Around Athlete. Boxed for 3 years and stopped for 2, want to get back on that train. Been surfing a lot lately and I want to be in optimum conditions for those big swells. And finally Ive been weightlifting on and off since Im 16, and I want to definitely fit it in.

Any suggestions?

Originally Posted by jfpardini View Post
    Objective: To fit a boxing, swimming, and weightlifting program into my schedule

Available time: 10am to 12:30pm, and after 7pm

Profile: 22 yrs old 5'8 170lbs All Around Athlete. Boxed for 3 years and stopped for 2, want to get back on that train. Been surfing a lot lately and I want to be in optimum conditions for those big swells. And finally Ive been weightlifting on and off since Im 16, and I want to definitely fit it in.

Any suggestions?
    Anyone?

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I'm not gonna lie, this is exactly what I'm striving for right now as well.

Boxing and swimming are probably the two best conditioning forms of cardiovascular work one can do.

As for swimming it will be affected by your weight training, so I suggest swimming BEFORE you weight train and not the other way around. I've been struggling in the pool a LOT lately and man my body feels torn up because of the extensive weight training, so I'm eliminating some of the isolation exercises I've been doing, a LOT of my direct arm work will be axed from my current routine.

As for boxing, take what worked for you before and add a nice 3-4 day weight training regimen to the mix.

Your schedule could look something like this...
    Day 1: Light warm up, circuit training then boxing
    Day 2: Swim (find a duration and regimen that you like) followed by weights
    Day 3: See day 1
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: See Day 2
    Day 6: See Day 1
    Day 7: Rest OR Swim and Box (I'd go LIGHT on both to avoid burnout/over-training) or you could just do weights here.

As for weights, do the compound lifts such as...

Woodchopper
    Incline Bench Press
    Flat Bench Press
    Snatches
    Power Cleans
    Jerks
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Good Mornings
    Leg Press
    Military Press
    Chinups
    Pullups
    Seated Row (OR b.b. row)
    Upright Row

Don't do those all at once obviously, break them up and spread em across the various weight training days.
    Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531

Originally Posted by 2 D View Post
    I'm not gonna lie, this is exactly what I'm striving for right now as well.

Boxing and swimming are probably the two best conditioning forms of cardiovascular work one can do.

As for swimming it will be affected by your weight training, so I suggest swimming BEFORE you weight train and not the other way around. I've been struggling in the pool a LOT lately and man my body feels torn up because of the extensive weight training, so I'm eliminating some of the isolation exercises I've been doing, a LOT of my direct arm work will be axed from my current routine.

As for boxing, take what worked for you before and add a nice 3-4 day weight training regimen to the mix.

Your schedule could look something like this...
    Day 1: Light warm up, circuit training then boxing
    Day 2: Swim (find a duration and regimen that you like) followed by weights
    Day 3: See day 1
    Day 4: Rest
    Day 5: See Day 2
    Day 6: See Day 1
    Day 7: Rest OR Swim and Box (I'd go LIGHT on both to avoid burnout/over-training) or you could just do weights here.

As for weights, do the compound lifts such as...

Woodchopper
    Incline Bench Press
    Flat Bench Press
    Snatches
    Power Cleans
    Jerks
    Squats
    Deadlifts
    Good Mornings
    Leg Press
    Military Press
    Chinups
    Pullups
    Seated Row (OR b.b. row)
    Upright Row

Don't do those all at once obviously, break them up and spread em across the various weight training days.
    I recently ****ed up my lower back, specially the lumbar area because I was doing heavy lifting and one day I deadlifted and the day after I squatted and nothing happened, it all went smooth with the big weights, but the day after I couldnt move from my bed practically. And Ive been recuperating ever since, and that was almost 3 weeks ago. Ive gone swimming a few times, and boxing as well. Havent hit the weight room again yet. My back still feels a little weird, not soar, but wierd.

Any suggestions?

2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) 2 D has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by jfpardini View Post
    I recently ****ed up my lower back, specially the lumbar area because I was doing heavy lifting and one day I deadlifted and the day after I squatted and nothing happened, it all went smooth with the big weights, but the day after I couldnt move from my bed practically. And Ive been recuperating ever since, and that was almost 3 weeks ago. Ive gone swimming a few times, and boxing as well. Havent hit the weight room again yet. My back still feels a little weird, not soar, but wierd.

Any suggestions?
    Yes, go to a doctor. That sounds bad and you don't wanna mess w/your back.
    Fitness Journal:
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=107651531