DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Found Awesome ''High Protein'' Pita Bread

Hey Everyone, so I just wanted to share this pita bread I found at my local grocery store (up here in Canada). Here it is:

Haddad Bakery High Protein Pita Bread

For 1/2 Pita (28g)

calories - 50
    Fat - 1g
    saturated - 0.1g
    cholesterol - 0g
    Sodium - 150mg
    Carbs - 8g
    Fiber - 5g
    sugars - 0g
    Protein - 5g

ingredients: water, Bran, Wheat Dry, Wheat, Gluten, Vital, Whetpro 75, 250207 Special whole wheat flour (bagged) cc, Fiber, Oat, 300-58, Yeast, Active, Dry, Oil, Canola, No Shrink, Salt, Calcium Propionate.

Those are the nutrition values and ingredients. The color of the bread is dark, resembling whole wheat. Is this stuff a good choice? is it truly whole wheat or is there any ingredients in there that I should stray away from? thanks all.

DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DavidVincent has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Smile

So any thoughts???

IGF1-Akt-mTor1/2 Brah braggable's Avatar
    braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) braggable has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by DavidVincent View Post
    So any thoughts???
    Eat a regular pita.
    Add a protein source (beef, fish, lamb, etc)
    ????
    Profit?
    The above statement/post does not represent the opinions of anyone in real life. This is the internet. Not real life. Anyone who cannot grasp the difference between the two lacks the basic intelligence necessary for survival and should not be allowed to form opinions.

TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) TheDarkKnight27 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Where do you buy this, i live in Canadia also.

BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000) BookMonkey is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by braggable View Post
    Eat a regular pita.
    Add a protein source (beef, fish, lamb, etc)
    ????
    Profit?
    This. I very much prefer to save the cost and buy a meat source for protein/taste.

Kabob in a pita > protein pita
    Short term Goal: To cut back before bulking like a demon.
    Mid term Goal: To find myself.
    Long term Goal: To get what's mine.

67 lbs in 9 years and still counting... (started at 100lbs)

It's a hater's job to hate. So let them hate...

Originally Posted by TheDarkKnight27 View Post
    Where do you buy this, i live in Canadia also.
    Found it at Nofrills in london ontario. The bakery is in Toronto though (haddad bakery). If you can't find it maybe give them a call and ask if they supply to any grocery stores in your area. I know the Mr. Pita (pita Gourmet brand) bread that we can find almost anywhere here in canada also has a protein pita similar but the haddad one has more protein, less carbs, less calories, more fiber and less sodium. Win on all levels.

Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post
    This. I very much prefer to save the cost and buy a meat source for protein/taste.

Cost is the same as my regular pita. But my regular pita has more calories, more carbs and less fiber. Now I have the benefit of having less calories and carbs, more fiber and protein while already adding protein to it (I had already planned on adding chicken breast or greek yogurt or both to this). This just ups my protein intake and lessens my net impact carbs intake.

BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000) BB4239 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by BookMonkey View Post

Yea but Kabob in high fiber protein pita > regular pita.

And cost is about the same.

Originally Posted by BB4239 View Post
    Yea but Kabob in high fiber protein pita > regular pita.

And cost is about the same.

Exactly my point

take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    @ 50 calories i'm wondering if this thing is any bigger than my fist

i have small hands.
    Excuses are for people that need them.

Originally Posted by take3 View Post
    @ 50 calories i'm wondering if this thing is any bigger than my fist

i have small hands.
    It's a decent size... and 50 cal is for 1/2 the pita. the whole thing is 100 cal... but 10g of protein and only 6 net carbs (16g carbs - 10g fiber). Obviously I opt for eating the whole pita every time because half a pita isn't a ''serving'' for me. I need more to fill me up.

take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50) take3 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    It's a decent size... and 50 cal is for 1/2 the pita. the whole thing is 100 cal... but 10g of protein and only 6 net carbs (16g carbs - 10g fiber). Obviously I opt for eating the whole pita every time because half a pita isn't a ''serving'' for me. I need more to fill me up.
    oops, didnt see the half!

doesnt sound too bad, could slap some spinach, mozarella and chicken in there..nomnom.
    Excuses are for people that need them.

Originally Posted by take3 View Post
    oops, didnt see the half!

doesnt sound too bad, could slap some spinach, mozarella and chicken in there..nomnom.
    nomnomnom indeed. Lately been craving greek food (not sure why, i'm portuguese/chilean). I made a sort of Chicken Gyros with this. Threw in some diced tomato, red onion, iceberg lettuce, slice of ff cheese (normally gyros don't have cheese but I love cheese), sliced grilled chicken breast and topped it off with about 3 dollops of Greek yogurt (substitutes for the tzatziki sauce quite well with a bit of dill and lemon juice). My favorite pre-workout meal since... ever.

MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MikeK46 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Originally Posted by MikeK46 View Post
    Yup that's the one... but I didn't see the high protein one in the slideshow.

Here it is on dailyburn site:

dailyburn . com/nutrition/haddad_bakery_high_protein_pita_calories

unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    i buy these italian wraps for 3 dollars and they have 9 grams of protein and 90 calories.
    Add 8 or so oz of meat and thats like 60 grams of protein.
    feelsgoodman
    Paula Deen Crew

I don't feel pain because there is no more weakness left to leave my body

Originally Posted by unc91 View Post
    i buy these italian wraps for 3 dollars and they have 9 grams of protein and 90 calories.
    Add 8 or so oz of meat and thats like 60 grams of protein.
    feelsgoodman
    Yeah man, practically the same, mine is 100 cal but 10g protein. After that gyros I'm thinking of trying a pita pizza. use some ff cheese, hot salsa (to replace the tomato sauce cause that's all I have in my fridge right now), diced onion and tomato, spinach, and some grilled chicken breast... maybe some diced ham...topped off with some dry pressed/curd cottage cheese (to give it a feta cheese taste/feel). My Pre-workout meals have never been so delicious.
    Last edited by DavidVincent; 06-23-2011 at 01:26 PM.

unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000) unc91 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Yeah man, practically the same, mine is 100 cal but 10g protein. After that gyros I'm thinking of trying a pita pizza. use some ff cheese, hot salsa (to replace the tomato sauce cause that's all I have in my fridge right now), diced onion and tomato, spinach, and some grilled chicken breast... maybe some diced ham...topped off with some dry pressed/curd cottage cheese (to give it a feta cheese taste/feel). My Pre-workout meals have never been so delicious.
    yeah i made a pizza with mine the other day with some pepperoni and bacon. it was soo good and pretty easy to fit in my macros.
    its pretty hard to cut it into slices though i ended up folding it in half and eating it like that. nomnom
    Paula Deen Crew

I don't feel pain because there is no more weakness left to leave my body

Originally Posted by unc91 View Post
    yeah i made a pizza with mine the other day with some pepperoni and bacon. it was soo good and pretty easy to fit in my macros.
    its pretty hard to cut it into slices though i ended up folding it in half and eating it like that. nomnom
    Panzarotti for the win.

I eat so much... I wish I could be able to fit pepperoni and bacon into my macros... But then I'd get too hungry later at night.

b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    haha, just picked up some of these today. Went to Superstore where I normally do not shop and found them!
    Came home, Googled it, and discovered this thread.

Currently warming up oven as I'm making pizza with them! =]

Nutritional facts are almost too good to be true.

nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50) nyy123 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Never had pita bread. How is it?

I'm VitaminVendetta PerpetualMotion's Avatar
    PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PerpetualMotion has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Interesting. I've never examined the pita breads at No Frills all that closely. I'll have to check it out next time I'm there.
    “Go back?" he thought. "No good at all! Go sideways? Impossible! Go forward? Only thing to do! On we go!" So up he got, and trotted along with his little sword held in front of him and one hand feeling the wall, and his heart all of a patter and a pitter.”

b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50) b34tBoX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by nyy123 View Post
    Never had pita bread. How is it?
    It's good, very versatile; can wrap it or stuff it, or use it like a flat bread.

Tomorrow I'm going to stuff it with ground chicken that I picked up from No Frills during their last sale, stocked up on that $hit!

Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) Flyin Ryan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Sounds kind of like Joseph's pita, which can be found at Walmart here in the 'States.
    I live off this stuff, regardless if I'm dieting or not. It's a really solid product.
    Upgraded from "curls for the girls" to "rows for the hoes".

Ryan's Supp. Stack
    ----------------------
    r2's WILLpower -- now completely free of bitchassness!

joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000) joebrosef is a name known to all. (+5000)
    99% chance its dry as fuark.

ill stick to my boiled chicken breast THANK YOU VERY MUCH

determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz determined4000 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Flyin Ryan View Post
    Sounds kind of like Joseph's pita, which can be found at Walmart here in the 'States.
    I live off this stuff, regardless if I'm dieting or not. It's a really solid product.
    THis
    Joseph's flab bread, pita and wraps are legit
    Founder of MMDELAD
    "Micros Matter Dont Eat Like A Dumba**" (hydrogenated oils, shortening, mono and di-glycerides don't fit in my macros)

Does Not Count Macros Crew

"Think in terms of limits and the result is limitation
    Think in terms of progress and the result is progression"

my day:http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=156294333

Training Philosophy to be strong: 1. Pick Weights up off the ground 2. Squat them 3. Push them over your head

Originally Posted by joebrosef View Post
    99% chance its dry as fuark.
    Nope. It's just just as moist as any other kind of pita bread available.

Originally Posted by joebrosef View Post
    ill stick to my boiled chicken breast THANK YOU VERY MUCH
    That's right, you stick with what you think works.

The only my family brea- MajorKobraK's Avatar
    MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MajorKobraK is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Wth NoFrills sells this?? *is Torontonian* You got a picture of the brand?