midton has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

waist size & stomach exercises

My upper stomach has some visible muscles, a kind of four pack. Below this I have some stubborn fat, especially around the sides lower back. I don't want to increase my waste size. At present I do hanging leg raises and some plank-type exercises. If I eventually manage to burn off the fat I will be happy but, and here's my question, if I keep the fat and develop more stomach muscles will my waist size increase?

VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10) VirtualT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by midton View Post
    My upper stomach has some visible muscles, a kind of four pack. Below this I have some stubborn fat, especially around the sides lower back. I don't want to increase my waste size. At present I do hanging leg raises and some plank-type exercises. If I eventually manage to burn off the fat I will be happy but, and here's my question, if I keep the fat and develop more stomach muscles will my waist size increase?
    Seriously? What do you think?
    in theory, there is practice and theory
    but in practice
    there is only practice

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    if I keep the fat and develop more stomach muscles will my waist size increase?
    1. you cannot develop "more" stomach muscles anymore than you can develop more arms or more heads. what you got is what you got. you can make 'em stronger or bigger, but you cannot make more of them.

2. you cannot do ab exercises to reduce belly fat. the human body doesn't work that way. what you want is called "spot reduction" and it's a lie.

3. the human body burns fat off through proper nutrition. exercise can speed the process up but you cannot control where the fat burns off.

4. do some reading on nutrition (not diets) and exercise. have a read through the "stickies" in the fat loss forum.

bb.com forum member #44253

Nothing in this world worth having comes easy

Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Time2BulkUp has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Yeah, that stomache area is just diet and cardio. Calories in vs. calories out. Your body will genetically decide where it wants to store the fat. I call tell you this... eat the right diet and you'll see a change without doing much. Stay away from processed food or anything that comes in a box or can. And don't eat out too much. Too much processed stuff out there. Get your diet clean and you'll see the waist area tighten up.
    Don't forget to use your strongest muscle - Your Mind.
    It will make your body better!

kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kimsquit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Time2BulkUp View Post
    Yeah, that stomache area is just diet and cardio. Calories in vs. calories out. Your body will genetically decide where it wants to store the fat. I call tell you this... eat the right diet and you'll see a change without doing much. Stay away from processed food or anything that comes in a box or can. And don't eat out too much. Too much processed stuff out there. Get your diet clean and you'll see the waist area tighten up.
    are you planning to get back to this thread of yours to answer some of the many comments/questions made to you?

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...#post568062141

Registered User 80lbsancounting's Avatar
    80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000) 80lbsancounting is just really nice. (+1000)
    No.
    /thread
    Food is FUEL, not a pleasure! -Me

Fix your head and your body will follow! -Me

(and when you get there)

"Now take it around town!!!" -SpongeBob SquarePants

ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ljimd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post
    1. you cannot develop "more" stomach muscles anymore than you can develop more arms or more heads. what you got is what you got. you can make 'em stronger or bigger, but you cannot make more of them.

2. you cannot do ab exercises to reduce belly fat. the human body doesn't work that way. what you want is called "spot reduction" and it's a lie.

3. the human body burns fat off through proper nutrition. exercise can speed the process up but you cannot control where the fat burns off.

4. do some reading on nutrition (not diets) and exercise. have a read through the "stickies" in the fat loss forum.
    ^^^^^^

JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) JerryB is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I have never experience an increase in my waist when I lower my body fat while working the abs with more intensity. I did notice the rectus abdominis , the six pack, appeared thicker with no increase in waist size. I think as you are reducing your subcutaneous fat you are also reducing you visceral fat in your gut.
    How can you visualize training a muscle if you don't know its structure?

belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10) belligerent is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kimsquit View Post

Crunches burn calories just like any other exercise, so in effect you are losing weight doing them.. just not specific to the tummy.

Originally Posted by belligerent View Post
    Crunches burn calories just like any other exercise, so in effect you are losing weight doing them...
    you may be burning calories with crunches but if you're shovelling more calories your cakehole than you're burning off, you're going nowhere fast

nutrition - and caloric management is part of nutrition - is what controls fat loss

JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500) JTraining is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    <<<<<< Biting tongue, shaking head, and thinking WTF! I used to get into organic vs. non-organic arguments with people like this but I have stopped.
    The first rule to winning the game is to stay in it......

salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) salatheel has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    I think too many people treat abs too casually. While it is true you can't spot reduce if your muscles are underdeveloped under the fat, they won't stick out and be as visible as they would if they were better developed. I have an inversion table and love doing hanging sit ups off it. As well as hanging leg raises and weighted crunches.