Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

AmStaff Equip - Ever Heard of Them?

I have been searching around the local area for equipment for a home gym. A local store is selling equipment under the mark of AmStaff. Has anyone heard of this company? They may have this manufactured for them. Just want to know if there is any concern with their construction if the name is known.

Bench: www.fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=145

Power Rack: www.fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=26

Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Essexlad is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by paqua17 View Post
    I have been searching around the local area for equipment for a home gym. A local store is selling equipment under the mark of AmStaff. Has anyone heard of this company? They may have this manufactured for them. Just want to know if there is any concern with their construction if the name is known.

Bench: www.fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=145

Power Rack: www.fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=26

Never heard of Amstaff but recognise their benches.
    It's cheap Chinese manufactured stuff sold around the world under various brand names. Some of the stuff I've seen is ok, some is pretty awful.
    []---[] Equipment Crew Member No. 22

powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The bench appears to be a Chinese copy of the BodyCraft F602 Deluxe Flat / Incline / Decline Dumbbell Bench.

bigfitness.com/bodefdube.html

paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) paqua17 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Thanks for the feedback guys

musclyman has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Essexlad View Post
    Never heard of Amstaff but recognise their benches.
    It's cheap Chinese manufactured stuff sold around the world under various brand names. Some of the stuff I've seen is ok, some is pretty awful.
    Thank you for the reviews guys... this morning i decided to visit their store and check their products myself. I have to mention that the bench is pretty good quality and a lot better than most of the benches I've seen so far. It's very steady and easy to adjust.

I was about to buy a BodySolid bench from treadmill factory which is being sold there for $270, but I decided to get the AmStaff bench from fitness avenue for $180... i think its pretty good deal as they also provided me with a lifetime warranty on the body.

it's too bad they dont have all their products on their website, because i've seen a lot of nice equipment in their store.

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    http://cgi.ebay.com/New-HOIST-PTS-16...item4154b854cd

this... hoist is a known and trusted brand, quality product, ive had a couple things from them that i really liked, just didnt have space to keep

im about to get this bench

edit: 169 for the bench after tax and shipping

Originally Posted by MrHolman View Post
    /New-HOIST-PTS-164-FLAT-INCLINE-Fitness-BENCH-SAVE-400-/280594240717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4154b8 54cd

this... hoist is a known and trusted brand, quality product, ive had a couple things from them that i really liked, just didnt have space to keep

im about to get this bench

edit: 169 for the bench after tax and shipping
    Looks like a very good bench, but for that price it's probably a replica... an original Hoist is about $400 (fitness source)

MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50) MrHolman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    nope its on hoist's ebay and amazon pages and tons of stores through amazon... its legit, last year they had a bench sell for 180 that was really nice
    Last edited by MrHolman; 03-03-2011 at 05:25 PM. Reason: edit: ebay@hoistfitness.com email hoist if you want to check into it... its legit

powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10) powerite is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by musclyman View Post
    Thank you for the reviews guys... this morning i decided to visit their store and check their products myself. I have to mention that the bench is pretty good quality and a lot better than most of the benches I've seen so far. It's very steady and easy to adjust.

I was about to buy a BodySolid bench from treadmill factory which is being sold there for $270, but I decided to get the AmStaff bench from fitness avenue for $180... i think its pretty good deal as they also provided me with a lifetime warranty on the body.

it's too bad they dont have all their products on their website, because i've seen a lot of nice equipment in their store.
    I went to this store last month. They had a tiny showroom with a rack and a smith machine. Also a bunch of accessories. However it appears they moved to a new location so perhaps it is different now. What kind of "nice equipment" did you see?

Originally Posted by powerite View Post
    I went to this store last month. They had a tiny showroom with a rack and a smith machine. Also a bunch of accessories. However it appears they moved to a new location so perhaps it is different now. What kind of "nice equipment" did you see?
    i've never been in their old location, but this one looks pretty decent size (1500-2000 sq ft) and they have very nice benches, press benches, few power racks, home gym, power tower, smith machines etc. i dont really remember what else because i was in a rush... lol

they have this new commercial power rack, which i'm planing to buy next sunday... the price is extremely low ($800) and the power rack is amazing... but they told me that more equipment is coming next week, so i rather to wait and see if they get anything else i need.

i've never been in their old location, but this one looks pretty decent size (1500-2000 sq ft) and they have very nice benches, press benches, few power racks, home gym, power tower, smith machines etc. i dont really remember what else because i was in a rush... lol

they have this new commercial power rack, which i'm planing to buy next sunday... the price is extremely low ($800) and the power rack is amazing... but they told me that more equipment is coming next week, so i rather to wait and see if they get anything else i need.
    Interesting...I think I will have to check it out. Actually it appears they updated their website with this rack you are talking about.

fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=166

Seems like this is the rack from China

duro.en.alibaba.com/product/344665209-200513601/POWER_RACK.html

which sells as "Muscle Motion HPRSP Commercial Power Rack" in Australia

gymdirect.com.au/item/HPRSP-Commercial-Power-Rack/355.htm
    Last edited by powerite; 03-03-2011 at 08:41 PM.

devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by powerite View Post
    Interesting...I think I will have to check it out. Actually it appears they updated their website with this rack you are talking about.

fitnessavenue.ca/item.php?id=166

Seems like this is the rack from China

which sells as "Muscle Motion HPRSP Commercial Power Rack" in Australia

gymdirect.com.au/item/HPRSP-Commercial-Power-Rack/355.htm
    LOL. i was just there today myself picking up some plates. The commerical rack they are selling is pretty sweet. I was checking it out today. I think its made by the same company that makes that rack for muscle motion like you suggested. Exact same design. I think i want one now. Monkey bars were sweet, aggressive knurling though.

Originally Posted by devlin182 View Post
    LOL. i was just there today myself picking up some plates. The commerical rack they are selling is pretty sweet. I was checking it out today. I think its made by the same company that makes that rack for muscle motion like you suggested. Exact same design. I think i want one now. Monkey bars were sweet, aggressive knurling though.
    called hoist today and they confirmed that it was theirs and the price was right before I ordered it, will report back and let you know how I feel about the bench when it gets here

o0veritas0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey I just got the same bench from Fitness Avenue. Let me know how the power rack is if you get it, I am tempted to purchase it myself.

devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10) devlin182 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by o0veritas0o View Post
    Hey I just got the same bench from Fitness Avenue. Let me know how the power rack is if you get it, I am tempted to purchase it myself.
    I think it was musclyman who said he was going to pick one up last week. I'm going to make do with my powertec rack for a bit. But i would like to know if anyone has bought the amstaff commercial rack, and what they think of it.

I think it was musclyman who said he was going to pick one up last week. I'm going to make do with my powertec rack for a bit. But i would like to know if anyone has bought the amstaff commercial rack, and what they think of it.

hey guys! I got the power rack few days ago and i have to mention that i'm super happy with it! it's a really nice piece of equipment.. and with that price i have enough money left to buy some more weights from them lol

o0veritas0o has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    hey guys! I got the power rack few days ago and i have to mention that i'm super happy with it! it's a really nice piece of equipment.. and with that price i have enough money left to buy some more weights from them lol
    Nice! Unfortunately I may need to get the smaller one, my basement ceiling may not be able to accommodate the larger one.

I've been to both the old and new showroom... night and day. The old one was 2 small rooms about 500 total sq ft albeit I visited close to their move and they didn't have much inventory available. The new showroom is quite large and features all the equip they sell with space to try it out. The owner is always around and friendly to deal with. Also every time I visit and ask about the equip he mentions new equip is coming in :P

I'm hesitating to buy a power rack from them because this is one piece of equip I wouldn't mind having a long-term review against. I'll probably buy their rubber hex weights though given their price (albeit he only has weights that go up to 75 lbs )

SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) SUSprinter is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Has anyone bought the smaller rack for 300? What's it like? I want the commercial one but it wont fit in my basement.

Is this one worth the 200 more?
    http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-352...ower-rack.html

Or this one?
    http://www.treadmillfactory.ca/p-74-...ower-rack.html

♚ Elected V.P. - R/P ♚ sawoobley's Avatar
    sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) sawoobley has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I can't find any info or reviews about their squat racks online. I find their advertising methods a bit odd. How come they don't tell you the overall weight capacity of their racks? They just hint that they are better than everyone else.

AmStaff DF-1164 Power Squat Rack Training System Cage
    - Allows more overall weight capacity and range-of-motion than any other Power Rack in its class.

AmStaff Commercial Squat Power Rack
    - "WOW" - 10 out of 10 comment that this is the best squat rack they have ever seen
    - Super heavy duty

f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    http://gymdirect.com.au/item/BPR01-Power-Rack/61.htm and http://gymdirect.com.au/item/BPR01-Power-Rack/61.htm look really similar to it minus the pullup bar. I'd guess the weight rating would be about the same as those 2 (700 lbs)

captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by sawoobley View Post
    I can't find any info or reviews about their squat racks online. I find their advertising methods a bit odd. How come they don't tell you the overall weight capacity of their racks? They just hint that they are better than everyone else.

AmStaff DF-1164 Power Squat Rack Training System Cage
    - Allows more overall weight capacity and range-of-motion than any other Power Rack in its class.

AmStaff Commercial Squat Power Rack
    - "WOW" - 10 out of 10 comment that this is the best squat rack they have ever seen
    - Super heavy duty

I have the Commercial power rack. It's just the Muscle Motion power rack. Duro Fitness in China makes them. The rack is fantastic. I used to have a powertec rack but sold that as soon as this commercial rack arrived. It's quite a bit deeper than a powertec and the safetys and J-hooks are much thicker than Powertec. The monkeybars are fantastic, the only problem I find is that the knurling is overly agressive, they are painful to use withough gloves.
    By the way, I bought my rack directly from Duro Fitness in China, they oly cost $299US, with taxes and shipping (I bought other things as well), the total cost of the rack was $498Canadian. I also go the Muscle Motion seated calf raise, that was only $85 delivered.
    Last edited by captainmorgan0; 03-31-2011 at 02:20 PM.

captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50) captainmorgan0 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Here are some pictures of the commercial rack. I've included some pictures that compare it to parts of the powertec rack. FYI, the powertec parts are the smaller parts.
    Attached Images

Here are some more pictures
    Attached Images

And some more
    Attached Images

f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) f8ll has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by captainmorgan0 View Post
    I have the Commercial power rack. It's just the Muscle Motion power rack. Duro Fitness in China makes them. The rack is fantastic. I used to have a powertec rack but sold that as soon as this commercial rack arrived. It's quite a bit deeper than a powertec and the safetys and J-hooks are much thicker than Powertec. The monkeybars are fantastic, the only problem I find is that the knurling is overly agressive, they are painful to use withough gloves.
    By the way, I bought my rack directly from Duro Fitness in China, they oly cost $299US, with taxes and shipping (I bought other things as well), the total cost of the rack was $498Canadian. I also go the Muscle Motion seated calf raise, that was only $85 delivered.
    Nice looking rack for a great price as well! That cost less than my powertec.

Have a link to where you ordered from Duro Fitness?

Originally Posted by f8ll View Post
    Nice looking rack for a great price as well! That cost less than my powertec.

Have a link to where you ordered from Duro Fitness?

They probably won't sell directly do you, they only sell to businesses. A little over a year ago I started an online store which I ran from home for the purpose of getting a free gym. I sourced everything from China. I'm closing the business now as I'm moving, but I walked away with about $8K profit and that power rack, hex bar, safety squat bar, 500lbs rubber coated olympic plates, 260lbs bumper plates, 16kg, 20kg, 24kg kettlebells, a bunch of cable attachments, 45 degree hyper extension, preacher bench, wall mounted dip/knee raise, seated calf raise, dumbbell rack, 2-34kg (in 2kg increments) rubber dumbbells (they look like Hammer Strength). I think that's about it.

Insomniac1 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey all first post.

I had to register to ask if anyone had any luck ordering the Power Rack captainmorgan0 had posted pictures of?

The link to their website is:

There are some pics of the Power Rack.

The price is not listed and it says that you must order a minimum of 10. captainmorgan0 mentioned that he picked his up for $299US.

I did send them an email about ordering ONE but haven't received any reply yet and don't think they will ship one out.

Has anyone else attempted or got this rack?

Thanks!

Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Quigley2013 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I was doing a bit of research on them myself...and found this post. I placed 3 orders at Fitness Avenue over the last few months:

1 - weighted vest. As advertised, quick delivery
    2 - 7 foot Olympic Bar and Olympic dumbbell bars. As advertised, quick delivery
    3 - Safety Squat Bar - Quick Delivery...not as advertised.

They claimed on the website it would "fit in any power rack" Well it doesn't fit in mine (Powertec) or almost all racks on the market. The space between the cambers is too narrow. When I emailed Customer Support...they told me there is no standard for Racks...and tried to sell me squat stands. I said no thanks...and asked for a refund. They offered to take the bar back but I had to cover the original shipping and the return shipping (about $100) I said "not good enough" and pointed them to the statement on their website "fit's all racks" stated that I bought the bar believing that to be the case and asked again for a full refund. Their response was to remove the statement from the website, and stop responding to my emails.

A reputable company would have made a statement on the website that it has come to their attention that the bar may not fit all racks, these are the specs of the bar, please measure and make sure.

I'll take my future business to a more reputable company.

For what it's worth...the quality of the bar was good (especially considering the $199 price tag) but there lack of customer support and how they handled this situation was just plain slimy.

Your mileage may vary...

Great forum by the way...tons of good info.

GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000) GarageIron is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Quigley2013 View Post
    I was doing a bit of research on them myself...and found this post. I placed 3 orders at Fitness Avenue over the last few months:

1 - weighted vest. As advertised, quick delivery
    2 - 7 foot Olympic Bar and Olympic dumbbell bars. As advertised, quick delivery
    3 - Safety Squat Bar - Quick Delivery...not as advertised.

They claimed on the website it would "fit in any power rack" Well it doesn't fit in mine (Powertec) or almost all racks on the market. The space between the cambers is too narrow. When I emailed Customer Support...they told me there is no standard for Racks...and tried to sell me squat stands. I said no thanks...and asked for a refund. They offered to take the bar back but I had to cover the original shipping and the return shipping (about $100) I said "not good enough" and pointed them to the statement on their website "fit's all racks" stated that I bought the bar believing that to be the case and asked again for a full refund. Their response was to remove the statement from the website, and stop responding to my emails.

A reputable company would have made a statement on the website that it has come to their attention that the bar may not fit all racks, these are the specs of the bar, please measure and make sure.

I'll take my future business to a more reputable company.

For what it's worth...the quality of the bar was good (especially considering the $199 price tag) but there lack of customer support and how they handled this situation was just plain slimy.

Your mileage may vary...

Great forum by the way...tons of good info.
    There is quite a draw to fitness avenue due to their below average pricing. They bring in very large import orders (Their warehouse is huge and overflowing with bins from China, quite a site) which allows them to sell at a very low price. They are currently in a price war with The Treadmill Factory and Fitness Depot. As the margins get tighter, certain things are sacrificed to shave off cost. None of their specialty bars are rackable... In fact, they don't even know what rackable means (I tested this, I'm not kidding). It's interesting to watch these retailers selling the same stuff with their own "brand" on it. Each week month they all lower their prices a bit.

I could go on but will not. In the end you always get what you pay for. There are good deals, good products, and good retailers. Finding the right combination of these is not as easy as it sounds.
    Last edited by GarageIron; 11-08-2012 at 05:34 PM.
    ()---() York Barbell Club #30 ()---()