PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Cardio on my cut

Yes, Diet, followed by weight lifting are most important for fat loss. And yes, im sure it is possible to cut to a reasonably low bf% with solely weight training and diet! But to me this just feels wrong. I currently consume 2000cal a day, with a 500 deficite from my cal requirements of 2500. And I will find it easy to increase this deficite further when the time comes without feeling uncomfortable. My questions are: Should I try and ignore the feeling of uselessness of not being able to do moderate (jogging for 40mins) to high intensity cardio without putting a too large of a dent in my calories, and if so would LISS be reccomended a few hours a week? The hot debate of the effectiveness of "preserving LBM" between HIIT and LISS has gotten me no where... and I am yet the wiser which is the miracle workout it claims to be. But i do note that on a low calorie/carb diet reaching the intensity of HIIT would have negative effects on weightlifting. Even after suggestions from a fitness coach at my gym to follow my weightlifting with HIIT, I remembered that if i am not mistaken, HIIT works the anaerobic fitness... meaning that combining HIIT and weightlifting would be like doing a 2 hour weights session: not good for muscle retention.
    I also ponder whether prolonged cardio does lead to muscle loss, or whether LISS isnt as detremental as moderate intensity work over longer periods.
    Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated

Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Winfamy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Generally speaking, with LISS unless you're running marathons or any such extremes you shouldn't have any problem with muscle retention as long as your deficit stays the same.

HIIT combined with strength training is a whole different thing though. If you want to do HIIT you should start out with few sessions and see how your body reacts. HIIT will stress your muscles a lot more than LISS and it can impact your ability to recover from workouts.

As long as you're careful with how much and when you do HIIT for recovery purposes they're pretty much the same, do the one you enjoy the most but don't go overboard just because you get to eat more while doing cardio

bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) bluejay83 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by PitBull105572 View Post
    Yes, Diet, followed by weight lifting are most important for fat loss. And yes, im sure it is possible to cut to a reasonably low bf% with solely weight training and diet! But to me this just feels wrong. I currently consume 2000cal a day, with a 500 deficite from my cal requirements of 2500. And I will find it easy to increase this deficite further when the time comes without feeling uncomfortable. My questions are: Should I try and ignore the feeling of uselessness of not being able to do moderate (jogging for 40mins) to high intensity cardio without putting a too large of a dent in my calories, and if so would LISS be reccomended a few hours a week? The hot debate of the effectiveness of "preserving LBM" between HIIT and LISS has gotten me no where... and I am yet the wiser which is the miracle workout it claims to be. But i do note that on a low calorie/carb diet reaching the intensity of HIIT would have negative effects on weightlifting. Even after suggestions from a fitness coach at my gym to follow my weightlifting with HIIT, I remembered that if i am not mistaken, HIIT works the anaerobic fitness... meaning that combining HIIT and weightlifting would be like doing a 2 hour weights session: not good for muscle retention.
    I also ponder whether prolonged cardio does lead to muscle loss, or whether LISS isnt as detremental as moderate intensity work over longer periods.
    Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated
    Cant post link from mobile, but go on youtube & look at Scoobys videos on "does cardio burn muscle"

I agree with him.. Your body wont burn muscle.
    Look at the size of him... He does 2hrs a day.

edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl0QiuoOHFk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDQVARSDNc

have a pre-workout shake or meal.. and chase the session with lunch/dinner or a post workout carb hit.
    you wont burn muscle because there's plenty of glycogen in the bloodstream
    Last edited by bluejay83; 10-29-2012 at 02:13 AM.

BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000) BloodySalad is just really nice. (+1000)
    OP. Do your cardio.

As long as you aren't running a marathon every day, the positives will far outweigh the negatives.

PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) PitBull105572 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by bluejay83 View Post
    Cant post link from mobile, but go on youtube & look at Scoobys videos on "does cardio burn muscle"

Look at the size of him... He does 30mins a day.
    wow that video really opened my eyes.. thansk for that. so even medium intensity cardio after weights is ok?

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    op

there are body builders that walk and body builders that sprint car push sled pull ect... i did a mix of both 2x a week hiit if your skeptical about injury just walk for 30-40 mins on incline at a moderate speed

hiit will burn more 24hr period liss will burn more in the time

in the end if your losing 1lb a week your going to save as much muscle as you can slow and steady wins the race go with what you feel like
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18

Originally Posted by adamrochester View Post
    op

there are body builders that walk and body builders that sprint car push sled pull ect... i did a mix of both 2x a week hiit if your skeptical about injury just walk for 30-40 mins on incline at a moderate speed

hiit will burn more 24hr period liss will burn more in the time

in the end if your losing 1lb a week your going to save as much muscle as you can slow and steady wins the race go with what you feel like
    Il try HIIT and see if it effects my weight training on other days at all, and with the LISS il probably slot that in after weights. What about moderate excersize like jogging for 40mins? I suppose that would induce more injury then walking and yet not be as effective as HIIT...

tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000) tmartin89 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by bluejay83 View Post

Look at the size of him... He does 2hrs a day.

edit:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hl0QiuoOHFk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTDQVARSDNc

have a pre-workout shake or meal.. and chase the session with lunch/dinner or a post workout carb hit.
    you wont burn muscle because there's plenty of glycogen in the bloodstream
    The problem with that study is that if people can run marathons, how much muscle will they have? Probably very little in the first place. Look at how marathon runners are built, zero muscle. But in regards to your question, you won't lose muscle as long as your protein intake is up and you don't do marathon type running.
    "You see, in life, lots of people know what to do, but few people actually do what they know. Knowing is not enough! You must take action!"

***Traditional Wet Shaving Crew***
    ***Disregard everything else, acquire aesthetics crew***
    ***Scotland crew***
    ***Texas Crew***
    ***MFC Crew***

★★ The WAKE UP EARLY because I CHOOSE to Crew ★★

Dallas Cowboys. Texas Longhorns. Glasgow Rangers. Texas Rangers.

adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000) adamrochester is a name known to all. (+5000)
    if you want to be a bodybuilder yes theres more chance of injury jogging then running but so is hiit but hiit is more effective
    MUTANT ATHLETE

STRONGLIFTWEAR ATHLETE

instagram-- http://instagram.com/adamroch18