CynthiaJones86 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

ISSA study cases :(

hi there i am new to this forum thingy but anyway...i am currently takin teh issa exam and i am stuck on the study cases!! i am done with everything else...is there anyone that can someone help me...i am not askin for anyone to just give me the answers or whatever i am really just lookin for a lil help. ive already had a few issues understanding the material due to english not bein my 1st language but i managed to get this far...so please if anyone would be willing to help me id really appreciate it. i only have this part left before i can submit and i am beyond excited but also anxious...anyways...hope to hear from someone...thx in advance!!

Male
    80 bpm RHR
    6'2"
    180 pounds
    20% BF

Chad is an avid golfer. He wishes to improve his golf game and is very motivated to get started on a training program. Chad has exercised regularly for the past 8 years and is in good physical health. Most of his exercise has been aerobic in nature with only a small amount of resistance training.

KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    so do they want you to create a program for him? whats the question
    ~Personal Trainer~
    ~Body Builder~
    ~HRT Team Six~

Universal Animal Rage
    Universal Animal Flex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Creatine
    Universal Real Gains
    Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey

Originally Posted by KashTheTrainer View Post
    so do they want you to create a program for him? whats the question
    yea...this is what they want me to come up with! there are other things they ask for but those are juat questions about nutrition and fitness tests or methods of evaluation that should be used....but i feel like the training plan is where i am stuck! i was thinkin of a 3 4 week cycles..?

Provide a detailed, comprehensive, 12-week periodized training program, including specific sets, repetitions and exercises, utilizing an integrated approach.

KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) KashTheTrainer has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    i dont have the issa, i have the ace but issa and nasm are my next certifications. just based off experience and my ace, this is what i would do for the guy.

weeks 1-3 neuromuscular development, mindbody connection, conditioning, assesments. thats what i would do the first few weeks then for weeks 4-12. i would train for hypertrophy as that will boost the resting metabolism which will result in lower body fat, this type of training would also increase strength, core function and definition. so 4 days a week workout, 6-12 reps per set, one minute breaks, break it into upper body lower body workouts. focus on a lot of compound movements as compound excersizes such as squats naturally raise testosterone and since this guy is aging, test is declining in his body and with compound excersizes, there is a lot of core involvement which will help with his golf game. assisted stretching at the end of workouts would also benefit him in many ways

im not going to fully answer the question, just trying to help out without giving you the answer. an
    Last edited by KashTheTrainer; 10-11-2011 at 01:34 PM. Reason: typo
    ~Personal Trainer~
    ~Body Builder~
    ~HRT Team Six~

Universal Animal Rage
    Universal Animal Flex
    Universal Animal Pak
    Universal Creatine
    Universal Real Gains
    Optimum Nutrition Platinum Hydrowhey

pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10) pcproffy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You might break it into 3 x 4 week phases:
    1-4 = muscular endurance
    5-8 = stength/hypertrophy
    9-12 = power

For each category assign appropriate %1RM with reps, sets, and # of sessions per week. Maybe use some medicine ball work with side throws, or cables/resistance bands, to simulate twisting during a golf swing.

Originally Posted by KashTheTrainer View Post
    i dont have the issa, i have the ace but issa and nasm are my next certifications. just based off experience and my ace, this is what i would do for the guy.

weeks 1-3 neuromuscular development, mindbody connection, conditioning, assesments. thats what i would do the first few weeks then for weeks 4-12. i would train for hypertrophy as that will boost the resting metabolism which will result in lower body fat, this type of training would also increase strength, core function and definition. so 4 days a week workout, 6-12 reps per set, one minute breaks, break it into upper body lower body workouts. focus on a lot of compound movements as compound excersizes such as squats naturally raise testosterone and since this guy is aging, test is declining in his body and with compound excersizes, there is a lot of core involvement which will help with his golf game. assisted stretching at the end of workouts would also benefit him in many ways

im not going to fully answer the question, just trying to help out without giving you the answer. an
    thank you for ur input...hopefully i can put together a nice lil workout...

Originally Posted by pcproffy View Post
    1-4 = muscular endurance
    9-12 = power

For each category assign appropriate %1RM with reps, sets, and # of sessions per week. Maybe use some medicine ball work with side throws, or cables/resistance bands, to simulate twisting during a golf swing.
    yea i was thinking about 3 4 week cycles...thanks for ideas!! hopefully i can put together a nice workout...

littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You may want to consider adding exercises to mimic golf swings and the specific muscles used in addition to the overall development approach. Things like woodchoppers, reverse flyes, a rope pushdown, and stabiliser work would probably beneficial. May also want to work on knee stability and specific stretches for things like his hip flexors and spinal rotators.
    --CUBE--
    Raw Lifter, 242
    Next Meet: Depends when COVID-19 chills out...
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2016: 460/330/500
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2015: 410/295/450

Originally Posted by littlebones6 View Post
    You may want to consider adding exercises to mimic golf swings and the specific muscles used in addition to the overall development approach. Things like woodchoppers, reverse flyes, a rope pushdown, and stabiliser work would probably beneficial. May also want to work on knee stability and specific stretches for things like his hip flexors and spinal rotators.
    ok cool beans....so those sport specific exercises id add in the third cycle from week 9-12 ?!

littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50) littlebones6 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by CynthiaJones86 View Post
    ok cool beans....so those sport specific exercises id add in the third cycle from week 9-12 ?!
    Yeah, after getting their body adjusted to strength training and taken care of any obvious imbalances (like one arm stronger than the other, commonly seen when bench or shoulder pressing).
    --CUBE--
    Raw Lifter, 242
    Next Meet: Depends when COVID-19 chills out...
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2016: 460/330/500
    RPS Canadian Nationals 2015: 410/295/450

Originally Posted by littlebones6 View Post
    Yeah, after getting their body adjusted to strength training and taken care of any obvious imbalances (like one arm stronger than the other, commonly seen when bench or shoulder pressing).
    awesome thank u so much! ill be google-ing some golf specific exercises...and then ill put it all together. thanks again

klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10) klybern is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    awesome thank u so much! ill be google-ing some golf specific exercises...and then ill put it all together. thanks again
    had the same question on my ISSA exam I really fell they dont give you enough info. But just putting a Basic routine togther for him worked for me. Mainly circuit routine do he loses the bf% just my 2 cents good luck and enjoy.
    OBF sizzlin summer
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?p=702945891#post702945891

Originally Posted by klybern View Post
    had the same question on my ISSA exam I really fell they dont give you enough info. But just putting a Basic routine togther for him worked for me. Mainly circuit routine do he loses the bf% just my 2 cents good luck and enjoy.
    so did u pass the exam?? i am just kinda scared to not get it right...i think my essays turned out pretty good...its just this part. i think i know what to do but then again i am worried that what i think is right they might think isnt good enough...

Registered User Synyster06Gates's Avatar
    Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Synyster06Gates has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I passed with an 87% giving him 3 4 week periods. Assessment period/light weights -> hypertrophy -> strength
    ISSA Certified Personal Trainer

Height: 5'8''
    Weight: 192 lbs - Shooting for 205
    Bench Press: 315x1/350x1
    Squat: 375x1/400x1
    Deadlift: 375x2/405x1

Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates View Post
    I passed with an 87% giving him 3 4 week periods. Assessment period/light weights -> hypertrophy -> strength
    yea thats what i was thinking...i was goin to add some sport specific exercises at the end. i was goin to the do full body light weight high reps for 1-3 weeks 3 times a week with streching at the end then week 4-7 do upper and lower body split 3 sets of 8-10 reps 3-4 times a week with streching at the end and week 8-12 have him do 1-5 reps of 2-5 sets 3-4 times a week adding sport specific exercises such as a golf back swing with a dumbbell or a stationary golf swing with a heavy medicin ball and i was focus also on core exercises since the muscle of the core is the powerhouse of the golf swing.

would this routine work or should i go over certain things??

CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) CLB454 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    so did u pass the exam?? i am just kinda scared to not get it right...i think my essays turned out pretty good...its just this part. i think i know what to do but then again i am worried that what i think is right they might think isnt good enough...
    Make sure your essays are a bit wordy. I actually got dinged some points for just answering the questions and not having enough words in my answers..lol
    Instagram @cbreezy_454

Originally Posted by CLB454 View Post
    Make sure your essays are a bit wordy. I actually got dinged some points for just answering the questions and not having enough words in my answers..lol
    Hey thx! Im already done with my essays and all of them r 250+ words. Im more worried about the study cases...lol

cjcy062806 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Need Help!

Hey thx! Im already done with my essays and all of them r 250+ words. Im more worried about the study cases...lol
    Hi Cynthia, how did your exam goes? I am taking the same case study. Do you mind giving me any suggestions? Thanks!

Alessandro09 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

hi

how did u on your test , i am having the same problem. aJones8rently takin teh issa exam and i am stuck on the study cases!! i am done with everything else...is there anyone that can someone help me...i am not askin for anyone to just give me the answers or whatever i am really just lookin for a lil help. ive already had a few issues understanding the material due to english not bein my 1st language but i managed to get this far...so please if anyone would be willing to help me id really appreciate it. i only have this part left before i can submit and i am beyond excited but also anxious...anyways...hope to hear from someone...thx in advance!!

Male
    80 bpm RHR
    6'2"
    180 pounds
    20% BF

Chad is an avid golfer. He wishes to improve his golf game and is very motivated to get started on a training program. Chad has exercised regularly for the past 8 years and is in good physical health. Most of his exercise has been aerobic in nature with only a small amount of resistance training.[/QUOTE]

oToMiXaRi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Alessandro09 View Post
    how did u on your test , i am having the same problem. aJones8rently takin teh issa exam and i am stuck on the study cases!! i am done with everything else...is there anyone that can someone help me...i am not askin for anyone to just give me the answers or whatever i am really just lookin for a lil help. ive already had a few issues understanding the material due to english not bein my 1st language but i managed to get this far...so please if anyone would be willing to help me id really appreciate it. i only have this part left before i can submit and i am beyond excited but also anxious...anyways...hope to hear from someone...thx in advance!!

Male
    80 bpm RHR
    6'2"
    180 pounds
    20% BF

Chad is an avid golfer. He wishes to improve his golf game and is very motivated to get started on a training program. Chad has exercised regularly for the past 8 years and is in good physical health. Most of his exercise has been aerobic in nature with only a small amount of resistance training.
    Hi Alessandro,

I just passed my exam, I know the case studies can be frustrating... Refer back to the book in the assessments section and take a look at the suggested tests and precautions for your clients, how to approach someone age 55+ and use that in your case study, also there are mock-up exercise programs in the book, find an example that best suits Chad and create a similar program.

Using the 1,2,3 ratio try your best to come up with Chad's recommended nutritional in-take.

Remember more is better, you can't over assess a potential client, so if you think it "might" fit Chad plug it in and you can't go wrong.

They want to know you can go out in the world and successfully with out injury train an average person.

Good luck!

USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500) USAWchamp is not very helpful. (-500)
    This post represents what is wrong with the ISSA. Rather than studying and learning these things yourself anyone can just go online and cheat thanks to it being an online only exam with an unlimited amount of time to complete the test.

oToMiXaRi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by USAWchamp View Post
    This post represents what is wrong with the ISSA. Rather than studying and learning these things yourself anyone can just go online and cheat thanks to it being an online only exam with an unlimited amount of time to complete the test.
    Live people test the exams, people get caught cheating and you receive a nasty letter if your answers look mysteriously similar to something you can find on google.

The case studies require originality and a firm understanding of client assessment, program design, application, and nutrition.

The essays actually require you to perform exercises and get involved in the fitness community to give your PERSONAL opinion of how to learn from these experiences and how they will benefit you on your road to becoming a successful PT.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by USAWchamp View Post
    If your answer has to involve all the sht people have mentioned, then I don't think it's wrong to cheat on it.

The golfer is a middleaged, skinnyfat guy with crap endurance. He's exercised for 8 years and has a RHR of 80 and 20% bodyfat at 6'2" and 180? What's he been doing in the gym for the better part of a decade, treadmill at 4mph for 10 minutes and then some curls with pink dumbbells? Before getting him to do cable woodchops on a duradisc while whistling dixie, how about a plank for a minute? Before half-squats on a bosu ball for knee stability, how about a goblet squat with no weight?

He needs to do this,

grab a 10lb dumbbell, do this,
    goblet squat 20 reps
    half-kneeling press, 5
    hip hinges, 10
    bent-over rows, 10
    farmer's walk with dumbbell twice as heavy as for the rest, do 1-5 gym laps
    plank 5"-60"
    do this preferably every day, but at least run through this 2 times in the first fortnight, 3 times in the second.
    As well, cardio 20'00" with heart rate of ~130bpm

After a month he should be up to using the 25lb dumbbell and at least doing a light jog of 5-6mph for half the cardio time. Now he's ready for something else.

barbell back squat, 5x4, start with 45 bar
    barbell press, 5x2, start with 45lb bar
    barbell deadlift, 5x2, start with 85lbs
    suitcase carry, 1-5 gym laps with 25-50lb dumbbell
    waiter's walk, 1-5 gym laps with 10-25lb dumbbell
    turkish getups, 5 a side
    Cardio intervals, 10'00". Do 1'00 hard, 1'00" easy. eg treadmill 8mph @2% incline for a minute, then 8mph @8% for a minute.

Do this 2-5 times a week for 6 weeks. Each week, add 15lbs to the squat, 5lbs to the press, and 20lbs to the deadlift. By the end he's squatting 135lbs, pressing 75lbs, deadlifting 205lbs, and have better cardiovascular fitness.

This is in all 10 weeks. It'll probably take 12-13 weeks as he takes a week off to be sick or holiday or misses workouts and has to start back easier, whatever. But in three months he's built a base of strength, mobility and cardiovascular fitness, a base he plainly won't have now.

This of course would be the wrong answer. It is in fact a right answer - not the right answer, there are other ways to do things, but a right answer. Obviously these morons wouldn't like it. So if you want to cheat to get the "right" answer, go for it. After you get your certificate you can learn how to actually do things properly.

jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000) jay96sportster is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by GymRatForLife17 View Post
    hi there..im currently taking the ISSA exam and just wanted to ask u a few questions about it if possible?
    You are asking a question in response to a thread created almost 3 years ago. I doubt that user is going to respond. As a recently certified trainer, maybe I can help?
    Magnum Nutraceuticals Heat & Mimic==> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=168057163
    iForce MAX OUT===> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164145461
    Gaspari Detonate XT & Carnipure ==> http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163121471
    Magnum Nutraceuticals Heat==>http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=162140031

***ISSA Certified Fitness Trainer
    *If you like my logs throw some rep points my way! Thanks!

dipmarine19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) dipmarine19 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    One thing that you should know is thst the graders do not expect you to be perfect but they do expect you to follow the directions. Alot of people fail because they do an 8 week program instead of the 12 week program
    That the directions require. Look back at the book it will help your tremendously! Good Luck!

wizemen has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by Synyster06Gates View Post
    Would you mind sharing that program/essay. Im curious. wizemen@gmail.com

thanks

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by pcproffy View Post
    1-4 = muscular endurance
    9-12 = power

This is not what the guy needs. It is, however, what they will want to hear, so you should do that.

Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000) Ronin4help is a name known to all. (+5000)
    hi there i am new to this forum thingy but anyway...i am currently takin teh issa exam and i am stuck on the study cases!! i am done with everything else...is there anyone that can someone help me...i am not askin for anyone to just give me the answers or whatever i am really just lookin for a lil help. ive already had a few issues understanding the material due to english not bein my 1st language but i managed to get this far...so please if anyone would be willing to help me id really appreciate it. i only have this part left before i can submit and i am beyond excited but also anxious...anyways...hope to hear from someone...thx in advance!!

Male
    80 bpm RHR
    6'2"
    180 pounds
    20% BF

Golf is like MMA in that regard. It's technique. If he wants to improve his golf game, he needs to hire a swing instructor and improve his technique. Is this really a question they ask? Wow.
    To succeed at doing what you love, you often must do many things you hate.