joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

carbonated drinks and muscle growth

Hey guys since the new year I have stopped drinking carbonated drinks. I remember reading in a muscle magazine a while ago that carbonated drinks affected digestion. I was just wondering if there is any proof to this-thanks

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by joedonj View Post
    Hey guys since the new year I have stopped drinking carbonated drinks. I remember reading in a muscle magazine a while ago that carbonated drinks affected digestion. I was just wondering if there is any proof to this-thanks
    muscle growth and digestion are two very different things.

joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) joedonj has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by xl Achilles lx View Post
    muscle growth and digestion are two very different things.
    I guess what I am asking is do you guys think carbonated drinks affect muscle growth

Metabolism>Speed of Light xl Achilles lx's Avatar
    xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500) xl Achilles lx is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I've gone from 140-180lbs now (currently) and have drank diet soda ever since I was like...10. Hasn't hurt my gains yet.

SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500) SomeoneStopMe is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    is beer carbonated? idk i never drink so i don't know, but if its anything alchohal related, yes that effects your gains.

in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) in10city has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joedonj View Post
    From Flex, July '04 ... what it actually translates to at the end of the day is probably negligible, of course depending on amounts and coingestion/timing ...
    Q | Are carbonated beverages good for bodybuilders?

A | Carbonated beverages are often viewed as digestive aids because the gas from the carbonation causes distension of the stomach and intestines. This distension is sensed by the gastrointestinal (GI) system and causes an increase in motility--meaning the food that's in the stomach passes through the GI tract at a faster rate. This may be good for decreasing indigestion but bad for enhancing digestion and absorption of nutrients--particularly amino acids from protein.

Carbonation may interfere with absorption because the higher acidity of such beverages inhibits normal secretion of stomach enzymes, such as proteases, which break down protein into amino acids. Carbonated beverages also may somehow force much of the food consumed to sit in the higher part of the stomach, where the enzymes are not found, preventing the normal breakdown of protein.

If food moves more rapidly through the stomach, there is less time for enzymes to do their work. Also, if fewer enzymes are doing their work, some of the protein you've eaten may not get properly digested.

Another problem with drinking a carbonated beverage during a meal is that you may feel less satiated afterward. This was discovered in a study of patients with indigestion and constipation. Carbonated water taken with meals reduced the study subjects' indigestion and constipation, but they were less satiated than when they drank plain water with food.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Money Shot is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Layne Norton drinks diet soda...