mrfun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

why are my shoulder blades like this ? (picture)

Hey,

Why are my shoulder like the one on pictures ? I can get the tips of my blades go reach some inches out, more then you can see on pictures, what is wrong with this body ?

What have i done wrong, what do i need to train/stretch ? is this common ?

http://img718.imageshack.us/img718/5236/shoulder01.jpg

http://img683.imageshack.us/img683/449/shoulder2.jpg

Kind Regards for any help.

rubles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rubles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) rubles has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mine do that!

Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000) Tinoo is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Bad posture/sit in awkward positions in class ??

Just a guess

Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hoodrych is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Mine do it too. I think it's just the bone sticking out. The same way your ribs are visible when you are lean enough i believe.

bulk up, build some mucscle on your back and it will probably be less visible

EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100) EricFapton is not very well liked. (-100)
    Originally Posted by Tinoo View Post
    Bad posture/sit in awkward positions in class ??

Just a guess
    this and Genetics

Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500) Monyistbitu is not very helpful. (-500)
    Dude it's called BONE. It's your Scapula, it's normal.

ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) ellsbebc is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Called 'chicken winged'

I suffer from it. Torn labrum and other muscles in shoulders so it is uncomfortable to keep shoulders back in proper stature. Force tour shoulders back in proper alignment. You are slouching and your shoulders are drooping down and forward

Genetics also

mrfun has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Damn, lot of fast answers. But it can stick a lot lot more out, it has not been like this before, so i must have ****ed up something. And when just lifting up a weight from the floor, i have the feeling that the whole shoulder goes out of the joint :\ sick space feeling.

And when i go to a a muscle therapaut here i live, he does something on my shoulder blades, like pressing the wholøe msucle to a other place, hurts like ****. ANd then its OK for some days, and so it comes back

realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) realize is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Pull your shoulders back and stick your chest out a little... it's simply bad posture.
    Remember, doing a lot of bench press without back training will also do this.
    Your back muscles should be stronger than your chest.
    1500+ club - sub 200

.Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) .Excalibur is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Monyistbitu View Post
    Dude it's called BONE. It's your Scapula, it's normal.
    What is this "bone" you speak of?

Registered User travelsheep1974's Avatar
    travelsheep1974 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Smile Musculus serratus anterior

Originally Posted by mrfun View Post
    Hey,

Why are my shoulder like the one on pictures ? I can get the tips of my blades go reach some inches out, more then you can see on pictures, what is wrong with this body ?
    That's because your "Musculus serratus anterior" is not engaging. That's a big, flat shaped muscle attaching to your ribs and the inner end of your shoulder blades. This doesn't necessarily mean that these muscles are weak, it's just you didn't learn how to use them in order to pull your shoulder blades towards your chest.

You can learn it from any Feldenkrais practitioner. But you can also google for a while and try for yourself this and that. It's like learning to lift one eyebrow only or learn how to wiggle with your ears or learn how to bend your ring finger without bending your other fingers.

Once you learned how to activate the Musculus serratus anterior, your shoulder blades won't stick out anymore.

You're welcome :-)

Alfons

Starting weight: 123 lbs LeRandomName's Avatar
    LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeRandomName will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    A playlist with exercises for this:
    youtube(dot)com /watch?v=ALzFr2GT-Is&list=PL9113E4CA70DF89B1
    Not enough posts to post links...

AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) AlexTheNewbie is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Genetics and really bad posture.

DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000) DdotT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Its called chest brah gamer syndrome.

CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50) CompoundUK will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    genetics will govern the shape you grow into, but that looks like the bone, which sticks out a fair bit on most people specially if your slim. build a thicker back to "hide" them more..

Looking at your pictures though... you posture looks poor. stand up straight, shoulder back, chest up. Take another picture doing that and post it. Should make some different to the appearance of your back. I used to hate it as i thought i looked boney, now my traps stick out furthest even in a tshirt, ahhh much better
    Im doing it right

12 Months In
    138lb - 170lb and counting...

**Hairy as Fack but not on my back crew**
    ☆☆☆υк ¢яєω☆☆☆

Currently racing danielaq12 to a 100KG bench

NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10) NoNeedlesGuy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by realize View Post
    Pull your shoulders back and stick your chest out a little... it's simply bad posture.
    Remember, doing a lot of bench press without back training will also do this.
    Your back muscles should be stronger than your chest.

This. Learn to contract your scapula together when you do rows, bench, deadlifts, etc.
    hacked brah