RashanCHarris has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Are Nitrates Carcinogenic? Help

Can someone please explain to me if the new nitrate craze in the supplement industry is safe? Everything I have heard my whole life has told me that nitrates are bad and can cause all kinds if nasty problems in the long run. Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am looking into trying Condense by Purus Labs.

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RashanCHarris View Post
    Everything I have heard my whole life has told me that nitrates are bad and can cause all kinds if nasty problems in the long run
    Epidemiologically, the contrary is actually evident in dietary research. The speculation that oral nitrates go on to form carcinogens does not take into account a few chemical principles about the nitrosation reaction, including:

A) Extreme heat + extreme acidity accelerate the reaction. The former is why "people" erroneously generalize nitrate-based meat preservatives comparatively to oral nitrates.

B) Although the gut is still a more favorable environment than neutral pH, there are a number of important antagonistic factors e.g. endogenous and supplementary reducing agents like ascorbate. Reducing agents take care of intermediates, because there are a number of ways the reaction could proceed.

C) Free N-terminal substrate availability. Generally, it's low because the best conditions for the reaction are before a bunch of other potential reagents are thrown in the mix; concomitantly, this is also when the dietary protein you've ingested is still peptide bound and the electron pair on nitrogen is not kinetically vulnerable.

So, no.
    Driven Sports

thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thedarce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by PinchTheBear View Post
    Epidemiologically, the contrary is actually evident in dietary research. The speculation that oral nitrates go on to form carcinogens does not take into account a few chemical principles about the nitrosation reaction, including:

A) Extreme heat + extreme acidity accelerate the reaction. The former is why "people" erroneously generalize nitrate-based meat preservatives comparatively to oral nitrates.

B) Although the gut is still a more favorable environment than neutral pH, there are a number of important antagonistic factors e.g. endogenous and supplementary reducing agents like ascorbate. Reducing agents take care of intermediates, because there are a number of ways the reaction could proceed.

C) Free N-terminal substrate availability. Generally, it's low because the best conditions for the reaction are before a bunch of other potential reagents are thrown in the mix; concomitantly, this is also when the dietary protein you've ingested is still peptide bound and the electron pair on nitrogen is not kinetically vulnerable.

So, no.
    welcome back!

PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PinchTheBear has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by thedarce View Post
    welcome back!
    thanks buddy
    Driven Sports

cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks buddy
    Are/were you having issues with nitrate consumption personally?

PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) PuZo has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    thanks buddy
    I would of said it first, but I didn't check here

Originally Posted by cjwav34 View Post
    Are/were you having issues with nitrate consumption personally?
    Overconsumption. Completely my fault.
    Driven Sports

cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) cjwav34 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Overconsumption. Completely my fault.
    How many mg were you consuming per day do you estimate?