coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

How much Gold Standard 100% Whey protein do I need??

Hello,

I just purchased Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein, according to the instructions it says to mix one scoop with 6-8 ounces of milk/water. This equals to 24g of protein......I am a 160 pounds guy that is trying to loose fat and gain muscle, I recently started working out 4 times per week and run 6 time per week. How much protein daily should I eat everyday? Is it a gram per pound as some people suggest??? does that quantity apply to someone trying to gain muscle and lose fat?Do I eat less on non-workout days?...I just cannot find an answer to that. Any suggestions will be greatly aprreciated. Thanks

coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50) coolmarine24 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    when I said "Do I eat less on non work out days" I meant "DO I consume less protein on non work out days?"

creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50) creddington will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    160 grams a day. From both food 75% and whey 25%.
    Chris
    Building a Lean Mass SuperHero Body or die trying.

nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10) nrgpump is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    1g per pound is probably all you need. Some people recommend up to 2 grams per pound but it seems a bit excessive to me.
    Preferably 100% from food sources (meat, milk, cheese, eggs etc), but a scoop pre- and post- work out might be good to supplement your protein needs

so I guess 120 from food and use Gold Standard 100% Whey Protein to get the additional 40 which should be roughly 2 scoops right? I did not know that the ratio was 3 to 1. Thanks!

and I should take the same amount everyday regardless whether I work out or not right?

StoneX has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    If you can eat a tin of tuna or other source of protein, do that rather than the protein powder. Try to only use it when you can't eat real food.

But to answer your question... Yes, you can eat it on non-workout days.

Originally Posted by StoneX View Post
    If you can eat a tin of tuna or other source of protein, do that rather than the protein powder. Try to only use it when you can't eat real food.

But to answer your question... Yes, you can eat it on non-workout days.
    Thanks StoneX

Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Adam444 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You'll lose weight/gain muscle at first, then it'll slowly stop. It's almost near impossible to do at the same time, because you're eating less, while building muscle.

Now, it's great that you got some Whey, because it's low calories, and high in protein. There is a downside to this though, don't drink it more than couple of times a day. It's better to eat whole foods than drink shakes.

I would say drinking 2 protein shakes is enough for the day.

Drink it in water or milk, they are both healthy, just watch the calories...

Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000) Bioteknik is just really nice. (+1000)
    at 160 lbs there's almost no need for whey.

FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FunkDaddy is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just like it says on the tubs, it is a supplement and is not meant to be used as a dietary replacement. (Something along those lines). There's no limit to how many shakes you can take. I like post-workout mostly. Sometimes I'll just blend up a strawberry protein smoothie whenever with ice and frozen berries and what not, tastes great.

But yeah, just try and get the majority of your protein through food, and supplement however much you need with the whey.

Thanks guys I am currently taking it once a day, after work outs at aobut 8pm. Take 2 scoops with fat free mil. That is all I think that shold be ok right?...Also I got horrible news today, I had my body fat percentage measured and I was told i was 20% body fat...I didnt think it was that bad...specially when i look at my pic: does it look like 20% bf???
    Attached Images

Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10) Beerguy is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ON Gold whey tastes great good choice. I take two scoops in the a.m. and two after my workout in the afternoon. Shakes are easy and cheap. Eat plenty of whole foods as well. I just like my shakes too. 96 grams on top of the other 180+ from whole foods soooo easy and cheap.
    BULKING AND NOT WANTING TO GAIN FAT IS LIKE HAVING SEX AND NOT WANTING TO GET OFF. IT IS NOT VERY PRODUCTIVE.

STEP YOUR FUNDS UP Neopragmatist's Avatar
    Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Neopragmatist is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by coolmarine24 View Post
    Also I got horrible news today, I had my body fat percentage measured and I was told i was 20% body fat...I didnt think it was that bad...specially when i look at my pic: does it look like 20% bf???
    How did you get your body fat analyzed? Not a fan of weight scales or those hand grippers that measure your bf %. Go for skinfold by a licensed professional.
    i take it for granted that no hearer of mine will misinterpret what I have to say as the language of cynicism

andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) andygill has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    What I do:

1 scoop whey before workout
    2 scoop whey after workout
    .5-1 scoop whey 1 scoop casein before bed

1 scoop casein before bed on non-workout days.

Originally Posted by Neopragmatist View Post
    How did you get your body fat analyzed? Not a fan of weight scales or those hand grippers that measure your bf %. Go for skinfold by a licensed professional.

They had me hold some sort of machine in front of me with my arms straight, it looked like a steering wheel with metal sensors. Do not know what that is called