CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Which is the better and more effective tbar row?

barbell t bar row were there is a barbell placed in a corner or using the tbar row machine were u place your chest on a pad and row

thanks

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    The freeweight version is better.

I'll keep u in my prayers PlsStaySafe's Avatar
    PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The Tbar row machine. It allows you to load the bar without straining your back and it also allow you to vary grip and focus easily on using your back ,not ur whole body.
    "I never left. I'm a part of every sad kunt who wanted a change."

-Zyzz

Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) Rasputin4 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by PlsStaySafe View Post
    The Tbar row machine. It allows you to load the bar without straining your back and it also allow you to vary grip and focus easily on using your back ,not ur whole body.
    Do you also advocate Smith squat and bench?

chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) chazzy1864 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by CoMqLeXx View Post
    barbell t bar row were there is a barbell placed in a corner or using the tbar row machine were u place your chest on a pad and row

thanks
    You tell us. Either one can be better, depends on the person.
    Originally Posted by Rasputin4 View Post
    The freeweight version is better.
    Pretty black & white answer.
    What do those have to do with anything? T-bar row might be better for some with the machine and others with the weight in the corner.

What is so different about a T-bar row machine that is non-supported and a t-bar with the bar wedged into the corner?
    Hint: Not much

Perhaps the chest-supported version is different, by relieving the low back from having to work, but could be better at working the lats.

+ Yes, depending on the situation, Smith squat and smith bench could be better.
    -
    Alchemist of Alcohol
    -
    -
    -
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=126418493

I'll keep u in my prayers PlsStaySafe's Avatar
    PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50) PlsStaySafe will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Smith Hack squat are great. Also lots of people prefer J.M presses on smith machine.
    "I never left. I'm a part of every sad kunt who wanted a change."

-Zyzz

Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Bumpus has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by chazzy1864 View Post

+ Yes, depending on the situation, Smith squat and smith bench could be better.

But teh stabilizerz!
    We don't rise to the occasion, we fall to our level of training.

I was born a shotgun in my hands. Behind the gun I'll make my final stand and that's why they call me Bad Company

Sensible Liberals for Trump 2016 Crew

CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) CoMqLeXx is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    well since u brought it up maybe ur a pro at using that smith idk if i advocate it so ill ask u

auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    eh, back to orig topic: OP, it falls into two camps

a. The chest-supported version annoys some lifters because eventually w/ enough weight, they feel chest gets uncomfortably compressed against the pad.

b. The "BB-in-corner" version (a/k/a "long bar row") annoys some lifters due to lower back strain.

"Better" at back development? Mechanically very little difference ... pick the one that annoys you least. I personally like the long bar, standing on top of a block for extra ROM.

I always prefer freeweights to machines. Using freeweights is better for overall muscular development, it hits the stabilizers, it places more real-life demands on your body that teach your muscles and cns do adapt accordingly. I love using compound lifts and using a machine for t-bar rows just makes it a bit less compound, which seems pointless to me. I can hit my lats very well with freeweight t-bar rows, not to mention bent rows and pendley rows, I love to blast my lats with them all. You use more lower back, abs, and hamstrings to stabilize the weight with freeweight t-bar rows, which is fine with me, it serves to aid my deadlift, just as the lats stabilize the weight of the deadlift, which in turn, helps my rows. To me it's kind of like asking if you should do chest press or bench press for your chest. IMO if you master your form you can hit you chest just fine with db bench while working your stabilizers. I can see maybe some machine work could be used as a finishing move or as a substitute (for example, at one time I was doing Smith incline bench because it hurt my shoulders to unrack the bar with the setup at my gym and the bench at the incline station was set to high, anyway) yet when push comes to shove I would never advise someone to use a machine over freeweight for a primary exercise unless they have some sort of injury that just can't be worked around with freeweights.

Originally Posted by auntAuntieBea View Post
    eh, back to orig topic: OP, it falls into two camps

a. The chest-supported version annoys some lifters because eventually w/ enough weight, they feel chest gets uncomfortably compressed against the pad.

b. The "BB-in-corner" version (a/k/a "long bar row") annoys some lifters due to lower back strain.

"Better" at back development? Mechanically very little difference ... pick the one that annoys you least. I personally like the long bar, standing on top of a block for extra ROM.

thanks does the barbell tbar row also work biceps if i were to use the v attachment lets say

auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250) auntAuntieBea has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    thanks does the barbell tbar row also work biceps if i were to use the v attachment lets say
    Yes, to a degree, but not enough to forego direct bicep work. Less bicep involvement would be better anyway --> the back needs as much heavy load as you can give it. But there's no way to strap a T-bar/V-bar handle to one's elbows. Do some curls afterwards.

-Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) -Lucifer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    The tbar row machine is great, but when you start rowing 200 lbs or more, it starts feeling really uncomfortable. That's why I prefer Pendlay and one arm DB rows.