31Olb has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

workout for outside linebacker

im 14 next year ill be a freshman, i play right outide linebacker for my middle school football team. Can someone help me with a workout so i can gain about 30 pounds before next year and so i can get stronger. I weigh 124

gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250) gnarsurf has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    do madcows or something and eat like an animal. also do alot of speed and foot work. u can easily gain 30 lbs by next year
    ☆☆☆America Fuk Yeah ¢яєω☆☆☆
    -Misc. Surfer Brahs-

haxball-cliveceps

jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) jh117693 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by 31Olb View Post
    im 14 next year ill be a freshman, i play right outide linebacker for my middle school football team. Can someone help me with a workout so i can gain about 30 pounds before next year and so i can get stronger. I weigh 124
    As Gnar said, you will wanna eat like a freaking mad cow(getting all your essential proteins, carbs etc.)to gain the weight.

As for a workout probably Bill Starr's or WS4SB III, both are very good and can help you.

Also with being a linebacker you'll wanna work on your quickness(agility, flying to the ball, lateral movements). To work on this you'll wanna do speed ladders, along with cone and dot drills.

Some really good speed ladder and cone and dot drills can be found here(along with some other conditioning things):http://www.cuacardinals.com/sports/f...tions.pdf?dec=

Hopefully this helped.

IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    read the stickies in the workout section.

DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250) DriveMyWhey has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    rippetoes + making your fridge your girlfriend.

**** SAQ(speed agility and quickness) along with footwork or anything besides workouts. 1 gpp session per week, until may, or else you'll end up being a weak sack of ****.

on may you start doing tempo runs and get into conditioning and on june you start SAQ work.
    in my opinion, i didn't do ANY footwork work and i don't see a problem with that(unless its the thing that keeps my ankles hurting), doesn't help much... at all, you get enough footwork **** from plyos(if you'll do them) and any kind of running after may.

Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10) Gx7Pyro is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    ...dont worry too much now. your probably going to hit a growth spurt soon, where you will naturally grow 2-6 inches and gain 10-30 pounds.

instead, start thinking football around march/april of next year. dont focus too much on strength and weight. at the freshman level, the most important thing is knowing how to use your body. i HIGHLY recommend trying out for wrestling. wresting enhances your aggressiveness, reflexes, quickness, and endurance. most importantly, wrestlers, whether consciously and unconsciously, know their bodies. they know their strengths and weaknesses, and know how to work their limbs in coordination with each other. that is HUGE at the freshman level, where many athletes are just getting used to their post-pubescent bodies.

if you must lift, do mostly explosive exercises, such as power cleans, weighted and unweighted plyometrics, and sprints (uphill if possible). chest and back are important muscles, but are not necessary as of now.

frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50) frobro will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Boy you just need to eat and lift. For you I would try Starr's 5x5 or something just to put some mass on. I would stay away from olympic lifts for now since you're so young and just work on building a base.
    Effort.

Petden has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Not to burst your bubble, and not saying that gaining 30lbs is impossible but I beleive studies show that you can only gain 1kg (2.2lbs) of pure muscle per month. I assume you wanted the 30lbs to be pure muscle or mostly muscle. If you have any chance of putting on anywhere near that much weight you will need to learn how to train perfectly, NOT OVERTRAIN, and you will also need to learn how to properly nourish yourself.

IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) IH33 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    read the stickies there is tons of workouts in there. Also keep your speed up b/c olb are more likely to man up in coverages then ilb

MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) MIKE91 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    what they said, and you can gain 30 pounds no problem i gained 45 pounds from my 8th grade to freshman year

scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz scott_donald has the mod powerz
    yep use a solid simple weigths program of mainly compounds to get a strength base and be used to lifting etc...
    read into diets... learn what you should and shouldnt eat...

Nutrition Overview
    We have provided some very general guidelines about nutrition, but suggest you use the myriad of information that is available to you. There are six basic nutrients in the food you eat and they are divided into 2 groups: Macronutrients and Micronutrients. Macronutrients are made up of Carbohydrates, Fats, Proteins, and Water. Micronutrients are made up of Vitamins and Minerals.
    In general, as a strength/power athlete, we recommend the following guidelines:
    1) Eat whole foods.
    2) Eat every 2 to 3 hours. This will ensure proper caloric intake, and prevent overeating as well.
    3) Eat fruits and/or vegetables with every meal. These are essential for overall health, and ensure adequate vitamin/mineral intakes that are essential in all metabolic functions in the body. This is CRUCIAL for the strength/power athlete.
    4) Eat a protein source in every meal. Lean sources are preferred. Refer to suggested foods section.
    5) Ensure your carbohydrate sources are from complex grains, vegetables, and fruits. Processed foods are NOT adequate sources and should be only utilized after workouts. See suggested carbohydrate foods section.
    6) Ensure your fat sources come primarily from oils, nuts, and red meats. We want you to strive for roughly 25-30% of your daily caloric intake from these sources of food. See suggested fat foods section.
    7) Drink non-calorie containing drinks such as water. Reserve your caloric intake for foods.
    8) Do not skip meals. Treat your body like a constantly running machine. To continually run, it needs energy to maintain its functions. Take the same approach with your nutritional regimen as you do with the other aspects of your training.
    9) Adequate caloric intake is based on needs of the exercise program, and your body weight needs. If you are in need of losing weight, consume below maintenance calories, and if you are gaining weight, consume no more than 500 kcals above maintenance