j-bone77 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Whey Protein gives me gas......help!

Hi, guys, I'm new to posting but not new to the website. I hope you guys can give me some suggestions with some whey products. I'm starting to get in better physical condition with alot of weight lifting and as suggested by a lot of you guys, I tried ON whey protein. It gave me uncontrollable gas. So I swithched to Syntha 6 and the same thing as well. I drink with water and not milk also. What protein would you recommend that does not give me gas......thanks

btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10) btierney98 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I had that problem with Scivation and Dymatize. Switched to American Whey and have not had a problem since.
    Don't judge me by my redz. It was 1 neg from somebody with 1200000 rep power.

Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    It just comes with the territory, broski.

But you can always give a Lactose Free (or low-lactose) and shot and see if that helps.

This is a solid, low-lactose whey

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/al...y/isolate.html
    I'm the guillotine waiting for the head that wears the crown

Appreciate the recommendations......thanks

Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    join the party bro. Protein = Gas...nothing you can do about it.
    Current Supps:
    Orange Triad
    Evlution BCAA Energy
    BSN Syntha-6

MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500) MrHardness is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by j-bone77 View Post
    Hi, guys, I'm new to posting but not new to the website. I hope you guys can give me some suggestions with some whey products. I'm starting to get in better physical condition with alot of weight lifting and as suggested by a lot of you guys, I tried ON whey protein. It gave me uncontrollable gas. So I swithched to Syntha 6 and the same thing as well. I drink with water and not milk also. What protein would you recommend that does not give me gas......thanks
    Whey Isolate= no gas

Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Hockey84 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrHardness View Post
    Whey Isolate= no gas
    False. Tell that to my ass.

Isn't ON like 90% Whey Isolates? Thats the brand that gave him gas.
    Last edited by Hockey84; 05-04-2009 at 07:40 PM.
    Current Supps:
    Orange Triad
    Evlution BCAA Energy
    BSN Syntha-6

Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000) Adjusting is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Species Isolyze is a great product. Zero lactose. Look into it.

alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) alexx33 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    what about taking super enzymes to help in the digestion of the proteins??

rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by Hockey84 View Post
    False. Tell that to my ass.

Isn't ON like 90% Whey Isolates? Thats the brand that gave him gas.
    Isolate is the first listed ingredient, but I doubt it's 90% of the protein.

I would try a pure isolate like american whey, it's highly recommended among longtime lifters. I've been using ON with great results/no gas problems/good taste, but I have a 10lb tub of american whey on the way.

steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10) steelersnation is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by rsemans View Post
    Isolate is the first listed ingredient, but I doubt it's 90% of the protein.

I would try a pure isolate like american whey, it's highly recommended among longtime lifters. I've been using ON with great results/no gas problems/good taste, but I have a 10lb tub of american whey on the way.
    I use a pure isolate (isosensation) and get gas coming out of every hole in my body
    LOSERS COMPLAIN. WINNERS TRAIN!
    CURRENT STACK: THANK YOU CONTROLLED LABS!
    Green Mag
    Orange Triad
    Purple Wraath
    Whey Protein

I rep back :)

Reps Owed To:

Negs Owed To:

rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) rsemans is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by steelersnation View Post
    I use a pure isolate (isosensation) and get gas coming out of every hole in my body
    Hmm, maybe some digestive supplements would help people? A lack of lactase I guess could be the cause, maybe try a lactase supplement if it's bothersome enough.
    Last edited by rsemans; 05-04-2009 at 08:07 PM.

stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) stevenss has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    2 words: Gut Health.

Get it before it's out of stock.
    I'm in the Red cause I called out a guy who was giving Xtend to his newborn baby...go figure.
    (BTW I love Xtend)

Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Rhynosaurus is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by stevenss View Post
    2 words: Gut Health.

Get it before it's out of stock.
    I was actually just about to edit my post to add this too. But I would try an isolate 1st, see if that does it, and if you are still rippin', then go for some Gut Health.
    I'm the guillotine waiting for the head that wears the crown

beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) beachguy498 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    It could be something else in your diet. I do the whey in my oatmeal every morning and have a couple of granola bars while at work before lunch. Not every day, but like today, major league gas. Not a problem since I get to go outside often enough.

BG
    In space, nobody can smell Uranus....

mrgm has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    beano?

yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50) yamaharider will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ultra lactase or lactaid... you take two pills with your first sip... helps alot

Originally Posted by Rhynosaurus View Post
    It just comes with the territory, broski.

But you can always give a Lactose Free (or low-lactose) and shot and see if that helps.

This is a solid, low-lactose whey

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/al...y/isolate.html
    Think I might have to give this a try before my wife kicks me out of the house. Even the kids are complaining now....lol

joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250) joshweights has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Gut health is what you need. It helps protein absorption ! Ive been using it for 3 months with a really high protein diet and i hardly ever fart

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showth...hp?t=116108573
    1-T Log: http://www.primordialperformance.com
    Topical 1-T TREN Is Here= bodybuilding.com/store/prim/1ttren.html