Thread: Peanut butter?

MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

Peanut butter?

Alrighty. Some people already know this, but just in case you dont..I'll start by saying I'm a 16 year old ripped swimmer who works out.

Anyways. My question is about peanut butter.

Right now, I eat like I should. I eat egg whites, chicken, tuna, meat, wheat bread, cereal, all the fruits and vegetables, all the carbs/grains I'm supposed to have..All that stuff.

But peanut butter. Whenever people say a list of proteiny things to eat for getting ripped, they always mention things like tuna, fish, etc. But peanut butter, and peanuts are always on the list.

But me, I skip those two things. See, because to get ripped, you need protein. But youve also gotta watch the fat. Too much fat, and it covers your muscle.

So, even though peanut butter has a good amount of protein..Isnt that kinda, too much fat? Most peanut butter has at least 120 - 140 fat calories.

So, why do people always say to eat peanut butter? Isnt that too much fat at once? Wouldnt it be better to eat other sources of protein? (Like I do?)

GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50) GW-LAX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you need fat in your diet nontheless
    Reps 4 Lyfe

Zriess

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    you are severly misinformed when it comes to your nutritional beliefs. Dietary fat does not make you gain body fat, in fact, dietary fat can actually improve fat oxidation. Eating a very high fat diet may make it much easier to lose fat

papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Fat does not make you fat.

Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50) Chaohinon will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Almond butter / Hemp butter / raw Tahini / Sunflower butter / pumpkin seed butter > peanut butter

Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000) Opies is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Chaohinon View Post
    Almond butter / Hemp butter / raw Tahini / Sunflower butter / pumpkin seed butter > peanut butter
    your reasoning?

It certainly isn't taste

MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MattMPsi is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    Originally Posted by Opies View Post
    you are severly misinformed when it comes to your nutritional beliefs. Dietary fat does not make you gain body fat, in fact, dietary fat can actually improve fat oxidation. Eating a very high fat diet may make it much easier to lose fat
    Theres something I didnt know! I thank you very much for that..

I believe you when you say that. But, why is it that people who eat things like chips and whatnot become fat, then?

Also, I do not care how my food taste. I havent eaten any sort of junk food in forever. All I want is to keep getting more and more ripped.

justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500) justinnnnn is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Your muscles need 4 important things to grow.

1. Protein
    2. Water
    3. Rest
    4. Fat

papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000) papasmurf2217 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by MattMPsi View Post

But, why is it that people who eat things like chips and whatnot become fat, then?
    Because they eat too much and don't move enough.

Originally Posted by papasmurf2217 View Post
    Because they eat too much and don't move enough.
    Ah. Ok.

Well thank you all! I have definitely learned something today.

Thats totally new to me, though. So like..Fat calories..Dont make you fat? :P

That makes my life way easier.
    Last edited by MattMPsi; 06-17-2009 at 08:07 PM.

Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ah. Ok.

Well thank you all! I have definitely learned something today.

Thats totally new to me, though. So like..Fat calories..Dont make you fat? :P

That makes my life way easier.
    Yeah, I used to avoid fats like the plague. But ever since I've actually incorporated them, I've found that I became stronger, bulked up, and never felt better.

Originally Posted by Confuzzl3dOn3 View Post
    Yeah, I used to avoid fats like the plague. But ever since I've actually incorporated them, I've found that I became stronger, bulked up, and never felt better.
    Its official then. *Goes off and buys peanut butter*

snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) snorkelman has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    See, because to get ripped, you need protein. But youve also gotta watch the fat. Too much fat, and it covers your muscle.
    you are almost correct. It is not too much dietary fat that hides your muscles, it is too many total daily calories (from any macronutrient source) that results in fat gains. The connection to dietary fat is that it is high in calories. Fat has 9 calories per gram.

Try to forget looking at PB as a protein source. View it as a healthy fat source.

Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Jordan_S has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    A decent amout of dietry fat in the diet helps the body make testosterone, the backbone of growth. Peanut butter is probably one of the most physique friendly foods out there, good for cutting or bulking. Grab a spoon and dive in.

alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10) alex92 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    have you heard about power butter? seriously, if you want peanut butter Id recommend this instead.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pb/peanut.html

clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000) clemburger is a name known to all. (+5000)
    One thing you guys are leaving out is the fact that the majority of fats should come from poly and mono unsaturated fats. Saturated fat gives you an increase in testosterone so in small quantities that is good but it also has detremental effects on health. When you read the nutrition label look for higher numbers under mono and poly unsatured fats.

synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500) synthetic is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by Opies View Post
    your reasoning?

It certainly isn't taste
    almond butter tastes better than PB!!

im guessing here listed that order because almond butter has high mono unsat fats while pb is high in polyunsat fats. Monounsat > polyunsat, for protein absorption

kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250) kthxbai has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by alex92 View Post
    have you heard about power butter? seriously, if you want peanut butter Id recommend this instead.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/pb/peanut.html
    What the f is with the %recommended fats amount on that label? Apparently, one on a 2000 calorie diet needs 64 grams total fat, but 23 saturated, 53 Omega-3 and 100 Omega-6?

RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500) RuckstaR is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by snorkelman View Post
    you are almost correct. It is not too much dietary fat that hides your muscles, it is too many total daily calories (from any macronutrient source) that results in fat gains. The connection to dietary fat is that it is high in calories. Fat has 9 calories per gram.

Try to forget looking at PB as a protein source. View it as a healthy fat source.
    This.

Best summary of your situation in this thread.
    I OWE: JohnnyChristian
    negs:
    OWES ME:

Ok. So with my new knowledge, I think I did pretty good today.

I ate:

Eggs (3 times today)
    Peanut butter (3 times today)
    Chicken (a few times throughout the day)
    Salad (a few times throughout the day)
    Fruit( 3 times throughout the day)
    Bread, oatmeal, and other grains (a LOT throughout the day)

I of course had other things, this was just a summary, but NO JUNK food. At all.

I also went to the gym and lifted weights with my coach (I do 3 times a week, as an aid to my swimming) and I had swim practice after.

Is this good? I am already ripped, with no idea how I got this way. Is this the way to go to keep getting more ripped, leaner, muscular looking body?
    Last edited by MattMPsi; 06-18-2009 at 08:15 PM.

Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000) Confuzzl3dOn3 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ok. So with my new knowledge, I think I did pretty good today.

I ate:

Eggs (3 times today)
    Peanut butter (3 times today)
    Chicken (a few times throughout the day)
    Salad (a few times throughout the day)
    Fruit( 3 times throughout the day)
    Bread, oatmeal, and other grains (a LOT throughout the day)

I of course had other things, this was just a summary, but NO JUNK food. At all.

I also went to the gym and lifted weights with my coach (I do 3 times a week, as an aid to my swimming) and I had swim practice after.

Is this good? I am already ripped, with no idea how I got this way. Is this the way to go to keep getting more ripped, leaner, muscular looking body?
    Probably a psychological thing. I don't think 1 day of eating PB will have such a great effect. BUt it's good so keep it up!!

Originally Posted by Confuzzl3dOn3 View Post
    Probably a psychological thing. I don't think 1 day of eating PB will have such a great effect. BUt it's good so keep it up!!
    I didnt mean I did it in one day, lmao. I meant I was already ripped, and I dont know how I got that way. I just was asking, is this the way to keep getting more ripped?

From the sound of your post, thats a yes.

RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50) RapidFiyah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    I'd replace the PB with a real nut butter.

I didnt mean I did it in one day, lmao. I meant I was already ripped, and I dont know how I got that way. I just was asking, is this the way to keep getting more ripped?

From the sound of your post, thats a yes.
    Yep I'd say so. Though should probs get confirmation from some1 who's cut successfully before. I've never cut, just started bulking for a month lol.

Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) Bknott has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Try Organic peanut butter

If you grab Skippy or some other brand they tend to not be very healthy. Look for the organic or natural brand which is slightly better. Peanut butter is a good source of fats and is necessary for muscle growth. What you want to focus on is balance in your diet though, depending on your goals your starch protein and fat ratios should reflect those goals. For example, when bulking maybe you do 40% carbs 40% protein 20% fats. I love peanut butter and tend to go crazy and binge out from time to time, and that's probably not what you want to do.
    Strong Island ya bish

A.E.K.D.B

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by Bknott View Post
    If you grab Skippy or some other brand they tend to not be very healthy. Look for the organic or natural brand which is slightly better. Peanut butter is a good source of fats and is necessary for muscle growth. What you want to focus on is balance in your diet though, depending on your goals your starch protein and fat ratios should reflect those goals. For example, when bulking maybe you do 40% carbs 40% protein 20% fats. I love peanut butter and tend to go crazy and binge out from time to time, and that's probably not what you want to do.
    Why is it unhealthy?

And do not use ratios, they are very out dated.

0.82-1.25 g/lb of protein
    0.4-.05 g/lb of fat
    fill the rest of your calorie requirements with carbs or a mixture of all.
    Eat the damn yolk.

MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MetilHed is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Bknott View Post
    Strong 4 year bump and 2nd post, filled with bad information. You will be a great and helpful addition to the regular posters in this group.

anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100) anonabc123 is not very well liked. (-100)
    I was reading about raw almonds. Barely has any saturated fat in it and a lot of good fats. And you still get some decent protein 6 grams per 22 kernels.

Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz Gxp23 has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by anonabc123 View Post
    I was reading about raw almonds. Barely has any saturated fat in it and a lot of good fats. And you still get some decent protein 6 grams per 22 kernels.
    This is a pretty old thread now. Sat fats are nothing to be afraid of.
    Eat the damn yolk.