illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

200 Pushups Everyday For 1 Month...

I've been off the gym for almost 3 months now, I've just recently moved to south Florida and haven't found a gym yet.

Anyways where I work, we do wood work and most of the work is done by machine. Every time the machine is cutting/carving, me and two other guys do 10-15 rep sets of push ups.

I never came up with this, but this guy who does this with us claims that 200 push ups 5 times a week, for one month and 100 reps of dips a day for a month after the first month of push ups will create great gains in strength/endurance, and size (of course with having to eat 4.5k - 5k calories a day in my part).

Anyways I want to attempt this only because even my chest work outs are kinda weak compared to arms, abs, back, and legs. I know you're not supposed to work out the same body part everyday because it's just a waste of energy and time.

But I wanted to ask if anyone here has EVER done such a thing? I haven't taken the time to even find a gym in my location, but I thought why not do this while I find a good gym, and I could use the gym for cardio only until my two months of push ups/dips are done with.

What do you think?

SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    lol, is the guy who told you this jacked?

DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50) DarkForteGS will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ^ lol

let's make an analogy. A marathon runner trains for over an hour running strictly on body weight. A bodybuilder trains legs for ~40 mins with lots of heavy weights.

Who has the bigger legs? The one who trains with weights. Who has endurance? The marathon runner. What will you get? Figure it out... lol

Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50) Liquidtensi0n will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Sounds about what ROTC kids do at my campus. Most are scrawny and the only big ones also go to the gym and lift some real weights. Also, for all the pullups they do, none of them have big backs.

adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) adamsklan has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by DarkForteGS View Post
    ^ lol

let's make an analogy. A marathon runner trains for over an hour running strictly on body weight. A bodybuilder trains legs for ~40 mins with lots of heavy weights.

Who has the bigger legs? The one who trains with weights. Who has endurance? The marathon runner. What will you get? Figure it out... lol

^ lol... served.
    Feb 5, 2007 : 171lbs, 12% BF
    Nov 5, 2006 : 174lbs, 14% BF

BigPresser has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    theres no point doin all those pressups. when i was 15 i started training and did like 300push ups a night, thought i would be strong. went to the gym and struggled benching 40kg. pushups in my opinion every night will not turn u into arnie.

SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) SmallStrength has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    pushups make your penis bigger

dips make your balls bigger

sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500) sculli is a jewel in the rough. (+500)

|ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) |ceman has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    In a very general sense, the number of reps you can do influences the primary effect.

Low reps (3-6) - strength
    Med reps (8-12) - muscular hypertrophy (size)
    High reps (15 and above) - endurance

Sure you will build some strength with higher reps and some endurance with lower reps, but generally speaking you should be lifting in the rep range based on your goals.

If you want to be a pushup champion, then do 2000 push ups a day.

If you want to be a bodybuilder and experience muscle growth, pushup madness won't get you there too quickly (if at all).
    It's hard to win an argument with a smart person. It's damn near impossible to win an argument with a stupid person. - Bill Murray

Mods - my avatar is locked by the admin and can't be changed.

illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) illriginalized has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He's pretty freaking ripped, he's a lot bigger than me.. and I find myself to be some what big.
    I wouldn't mind building the endurance, assuming you'd need endurance in the first place in order to back up your strength.

SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10) SteelFlex is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    If that's all you can do, then go for it. You'll still be ahead of most people and you'll still get a solid amount of gains / build a decent physique by doing bodyweight exercises. I would do go with one of those links and try to add weights using plates, a backpack, and a dip belt.

You can even get an olympic barbell set, a bench (not a bench press, a bench), and a few adjustable dumbells. Thats not too expensive.

Originally Posted by SteelFlex View Post
    If that's all you can do, then go for it. You'll still be ahead of most people and you'll still get a solid amount of gains / build a decent physique by doing bodyweight exercises. I would do go with one of those links and try to add weights using plates, a backpack, and a dip belt.

You can even get an olympic barbell set, a bench (not a bench press, a bench), and a few adjustable dumbells. Thats not too expensive.
    Very true... thanks for the reply SteelFlex!

Campus has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SmallStrength View Post
    dips make your balls bigger
    No. Dips make your calves bigger.

I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I_Wanna_Bench has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Find a GYM, and QUICK!!!

KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10) KG89 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Find a gym and do both (:
    KG

BurritoJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BurritoJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BurritoJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BurritoJim has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Herschel Walker did 1000 pushups and 1000 situps everyday and became a big black pro football player.

treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by Danny23 View Post
    I've been off the gym for almost 3 months now, I've just recently moved to south Florida and haven't found a gym yet.

Anyways where I work, we do wood work and most of the work is done by machine. Every time the machine is cutting/carving, me and two other guys do 10-15 rep sets of push ups.

I never came up with this, but this guy who does this with us claims that 200 push ups 5 times a week, for one month and 100 reps of dips a day for a month after the first month of push ups will create great gains in strength/endurance, and size (of course with having to eat 4.5k - 5k calories a day in my part).

Anyways I want to attempt this only because even my chest work outs are kinda weak compared to arms, abs, back, and legs. I know you're not supposed to work out the same body part everyday because it's just a waste of energy and time.

But I wanted to ask if anyone here has EVER done such a thing? I haven't taken the time to even find a gym in my location, but I thought why not do this while I find a good gym, and I could use the gym for cardio only until my two months of push ups/dips are done with.

What do you think?
    Well, i say do it for a month. take before and after pics, i want to see what results you get. No one here has tried it so they cant say too much.

PM me your results plz, i`m interested in this
    WHITE KNIGHTS + ROXIE = RED

aug 27 2010- Misc shows its might and pulls me out of 2+ years of redness
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127066843

"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Even a broken watch is right twice a day

Why i must say this chicken is quite exquisite."

markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10) markstar55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    i am not a big and strong body builder, but i was in the same exact sitsuation in college and all i did was 4 sets of 50 pushups a day. when i went to the gym again i was stronger. i am sure it was because of the pushups and endurance is a great thing to have IMO, most of use are never gonna be competing body builders so i lift for everyday life rather than anything else. i think all this crap of bulk and then cut is crap for the people that dont compete. so yeah i dunno where i was going but the pushups wont hurt u if u dont lift at a gym.

In all honesty, I just want to do it just so I can claim that I did. But of course if it's possible to even build endurance and or strength, then it's just a win/win for me.

DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by DarkForteGS View Post
    ^ lol

Think.

A pushup uses about 60% of your bodyweight.Put your feet up on a chair or something that will place you feet parallel to your shoulder's height at the top of the movement(arm's locked out) and it's similar to incline benchpress with about 60-70% of your bodyweight.Want more weight?
    wear a backpack and drop a 25lb plate in hit. ;-)

Now try doing 200 reps of bench press or incline bench press with 60-70% of your body weight using a 2-0-2 cadence and tell me you won't build some size.Granted you won't get HUGE but you will have an impressive chest.Use narrow hand spacing and it's like doing close grip bench for triceps with 60% of your bodyweight.The same applies to dips.

To compare long distance runners to pushups doesn't make sense.It's more like..try sprinting up a few flights of stairs...say an all out effort of 5 flights in a typical highrise.Your legs will grow more muscle over time than running a marathon.You can use a backpack loaded with extra weight here also.

It will serve you well until you find a gym.

Put it another way...how many people in your gym pump all kinds of weight and actually put on some impressive size anyways.

Think.

D.
    "The government today announced that it is changing its emblem from an Eagle to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government's political stance. A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed. "

DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50) DanielX will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Very true... thanks for the reply SteelFlex!
    Yeah a dude named ...scooby or something like that has a website where he uses neat ways to train at home with backpacks,dumbells and very little weight.

D.
    "The government today announced that it is changing its emblem from an Eagle to a CONDOM because it more accurately reflects the government's political stance. A condom allows for inflation, halts production, destroys the next generation, protects a bunch of pricks, and gives you a sense of security while you're actually being screwed. "

Originally Posted by DanielX View Post
    Yeah a dude named ...scooby or something like that has a website where he uses neat ways to train at home with backpacks,dumbells and very little weight.

D.

Thanks, I'll search around... I'm pretty sure I can bring a backpack to work with a plate or two of 25lbs.

treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50) treborly77 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Thanks, I'll search around... I'm pretty sure I can bring a backpack to work with a plate or two of 25lbs.
    just have your buddy sit on you.
    WHITE KNIGHTS + ROXIE = RED

aug 27 2010- Misc shows its might and pulls me out of 2+ years of redness
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=127066843

"Death smiles at us all. All a man can do is smile back."

Even a broken watch is right twice a day

Why i must say this chicken is quite exquisite."

Originally Posted by treborly77 View Post
    just have your buddy sit on you.
    lol...no joke I had my 60lb kid sit on my back with his legs over my shoulders before I rejoined the gym 4 months ago.

D.

jerichoninja is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    "real weights" like we men lift amirite?

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by jerichoninja View Post
    "real weights" like we men lift amirite?
    Thanks for bumping the 12 year old thread for this